AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-03-07, 10:39   Link #1
Athanor

"One Shot" fansubbing projects

Hi everyone here is the torrent for our first one shot project:

[MJN] One Shot 01 ~ Hikari no Densetsu 01

In the "One Shot" class we intend to do only first episode of lots of unlicensed anime of our youth. (mostly 80's). We won't do more than the first episode (unless some translator join for those projects). But we hope you'll all like the nostalgia of those old show XD (or maybe that'll make a bell ring in some anime professional editor ).

All your remarks are welcome ^___^

Cheers,

Athanor.
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 17:32   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That's actually a really cool idea! Maybe it will make a company think of to licensing one of them, or maybe it will make another group want to finish the subbing. Or maybe you'll actually get a dedicated translator.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 18:57   Link #3
Athanor

Thanks a lot for the support NoSanninWa ^__^

That idea was bugging me for quite a while i'm glad i finally made it

Thanks to all the staff of Minor Ja Nai i've been able to realize it XD

I hope our next full of nostalgia anime will please you too ;o
Old 2006-03-07, 20:05   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually, I decided this is such a great idea that I am copying the thread to Fansubbing Forum so that the subject of one shot fansubbing can be discussed.

Please keep us in touch with how your "One Shot Nostalgia" project is going. If anyone else wants to start doing some one shot subbing to rouse interest in a show, they can announce or discuss it here as well. As I recall, that is how Hiatari Ryoko began before it was picked up by Minor Ja Nai, though I cannot remember who it was that subbed episode 1 originally.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 21:43   Link #5
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Hrm... I know for some shows, the first episode is like the sweet spot in terms of a tradeoff of number of episodes in a preview and amount previewed. However, some shows require more than one episode to properly illustrate what the show is about and I was wondering if people would be making exceptions for those types of shows?
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 22:05   Link #6
Tommy Feb6
Lonely in Gorgeous, Yeah~

How is this different than all the other speedsub groups who appear to sub one or two episodes and then disappear?

Do you think Shinsen will show up to sub episode 2 and 3 and then stop?
Tommy Feb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 23:48   Link #7
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

This is different from speedsubbers in that it is doing old shows, rather than new.

Nostalgic, you know? Stuff that doesn't get much attention in the days of weekly releases and such.

I think it's a cool idea, but it'll be really sad when something does really pique my interest, and there's no one to finish it... and I lack all skills necessary to try and fuel further fansubbing except editing, and I'd hardly say I'd be awesome there.
Kainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 06:01   Link #8
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken

Send a message via ICQ to Random Otaku
Say, what is Peter Pan no Bouken's ("Adventures of Peter Pan") status as of today? I know it was licensed a long time ago, since I grew up watching the series on a local TV channel, but from what I understand the license seems to have expired (At the very least I know the local license DID expire here, in Israel).

You see, we finally switched to translating Jap.->Heb. and our translator decided to do the first episode of an arc in the series ("Dark-something") out of the blue. So we're going to release it as a "nostalgic present" to our older fans. Seeing this topic I thought maybe we'll do a duel-language release (Hebrew/English) to spread "teh <3" as our editor panned it.
So it all depends on whether or not the series is still licensed outside of Israel…
Random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 06:36   Link #9
Athanor

Speak of a coincidence Random Otaku ^__^

According to http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1734
it's not licensed in the USA. And it was number 3 on our One Shot list ^__^

I even bought the first dvd of the show XD (so if you are looking for good raw ask me ).

Now Kainy, we know it might be a huge teasing, and as far as I'm concerned i'd like to do all those show (i'm a huge living in the past boy ;p).

But don't loose automaticaly hope the show that'll totally turn you on might make so many ppl feels nostalgic that another group might pick it up or a translator might join us, or better an editor might do it. The chief editor nowadays were kiddo once as we wer after all ^__^ let's make them remember how good those anime of our childhood were

Again sorry for the teasing it's not the main objectiv here, and Tommy Feb6 trust me we've spent on this one more time than it's usual, if speed group were spending so much time on their anime they won't be called speed group ^__^

Now we arn't doing that to be popular on the "how many anime are you doing" side. Again we do that because we loved all those show and we're sure somewhere someone is waiting for someone to do them, well that first episode might help him/her to wait a little more.

Also feels free to submit request on 80's show, it might change the order of my list, i'll definitly take any suggestion seriously.
Old 2006-03-08, 06:36   Link #10
Soshen
Kanjisub ******

Cool idea Athanor

We need a Editor!
Soshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 09:47   Link #11
kuru

That's really a good idea, Athanor (but of course I hope the releases will atract groups or translators to continue them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanor
Also feels free to submit request on 80's show, it might change the order of my list, i'll definitly take any suggestion seriously.
My request would be Pastel Yumi (Mahou no Idol Pastel Yumi or Suzy aux fleurs magiques as you've possibly have seen it).

I'd suggest Minky Momo too, but I guess you should be thinking about this one yourself as I think your French group has released a one shot of it in French (and in fact the first one a few others have been fansubbed in English a few years back).

Keep the good work (and, btw, Hiatari Ryouko is one of the best series being fansubbed right now.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 12:44   Link #12
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken

Send a message via ICQ to Random Otaku
That's one hell of a coincidence. :P

Well, you'll be doing the first episode of the series, while our translator decided to do the 24'th so our releases will co-exist nicely.

No license you say? Hooray! Hope the release will happen in the next few days.
Random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 12:57   Link #13
Athanor

Quote:
I'd suggest Minky Momo too, but I guess you should be thinking about this one yourself as I think your French group has released a one shot of it in French (and in fact the first one a few others have been fansubbed in English a few years back).
Hoho that's more than perfect for a suggestion cause this french group is mine But i'm not sure we'll do a one shot if that's already been done in english.

I've added Mahou no Idol Pastel Yumi to the list ^__^
Old 2006-03-08, 15:44   Link #14
日本ひきこもり協会
awarpsharp is good

well the idea of subbing old animes is good but dropping after the 1st episode is bad. you may stick and complete a serie (just one episode isnt enough to judge if its good or bad). also you may spent more time on you releases there were several timing and translation errors. simply put: please finish subbing hikari no densetsu.
日本ひきこもり協会 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 15:50   Link #15
Budweineken
Crap

I'm sure that if Athanor had a translator handy to do the whole series, he would... Did you even read the thread?
Old 2006-03-08, 16:51   Link #16
日本ひきこもり協会
awarpsharp is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
I'm sure that if Athanor had a translator handy to do the whole series, he would... Did you even read the thread?
yes I did and there are plenty of tl's around. i just said what makes more sense to me.
日本ひきこもり協会 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 17:51   Link #17
katsumi
ghostly member

Thumbs up

I just wanted to say thank you - especially for subbing the first ep. of hikari no densetsu - it's been one of my favorites long long ago and just seeing this one episode gave me this really nostalgic feeling

Even if they are only one-shots, I think the idea is nice. And maybe it will lead to more, if a tl is found for the job.
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 18:51   Link #18
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 日本ひきこもり協会
yes I did and there are plenty of tl's around. i just said what makes more sense to me.
Check the AnimeSuki's Fansub Help Wanted Classifieds and you'll see dozens of groups looking for translators. This should be enough to show that finding translator isn't easy as you think.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 18:51   Link #19
acidflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 日本ひきこもり協会
How many of those "plenty of tl's around", do you think would like to tl these anime?
Also, if there are so many tls around, you could always help by introducing some of them to this thread. :O

But, my question is do you plan on subbing one ep of as many old anime as possible? xD If you did finish, would you continue to sub ep 2 of all the old anime?
acidflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 19:05   Link #20
Athanor

Quote:
also you may spent more time on you releases there were several timing and translation errors
Sorry to not be perfect ^^

I'm far from being a good translator, actually i'm far from being an average translator. Thanks to Bane lots of mistranslation were eliminated, as for the timing error it appears that i (again me) got a little problem with the sound compression that screwed some high rated bandwidth passages. Well I still find the result decent enough to be proud of it.
I hope I'll improve and someday make a perfect release but I don't know when that someday is gonna be ^^ (in the meantime sorry for the mistakes and all).

Quote:
But, my question is do you plan on subbing one ep of as many old anime as possible? xD If you did finish, would you continue to sub ep 2 of all the old anime?
The answer is definitly a double yes, though i hope by the time I finish to do the first episode of all the cool show which need to be done (many years from now with my low translating speed) more than half of them would have been picked up by either another group or a professional editor (or a translator joined us for that). Afer all that's the main point in doing those One Shot, to make ppl aknowledge those show ^__^

Again thanks to all of you who support this idea, and sorry for all those that don't like it, we didn't intended to hurt anyone by doing this. Just to popularize some of those old show ^^