AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-05, 03:33   Link #261
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Edge View Post
I have some questions.

1) What did Mello do to help Near?
2) How did Mikagmi kill himself?
1) Mello broke the routine in Near's analysis...After getting word from Halle that Near was "going for it" he wanted to create a disturbance in "Kira's"-cell that could help Near...Kidnapping Takada did just that...I doubt he knew exactly what help he would give but it wound up exposing the fake DN...

Spoiler for My own deeper impression:

2) Sakujo Fountain Pen ...
Old 2007-07-05, 08:03   Link #262
Kazidoom

Watched the the anime ending thought "meh" and then read the manga ending. Geez, the manga ending was so much better. It's amazing how much they screwed up the anime version. I guess it was because of all the Death Note manga readers who couldn't appreciate a good ending had reaction like: "OMG Light dont beg u r 2 cool ur my idol i wish u wer real taht ending sux" or something of the sort. It's a shame, I would have liked to see it animated. Especially since I disliked the second arc except for the ending.
Old 2007-07-05, 08:52   Link #263
Windspirit

I liked the anime's ending.

Spoiler for "Death Note Ep37 and Manga Chapters 106 to 108:

Last edited by Windspirit; 2007-07-07 at 08:46. Reason: Forgot to add the [/SPOILER] >_<
Old 2007-07-05, 12:29   Link #264
Usman10k

Death Note Ending Sucks!!

I was really shocked by the ending of Death Note!!! I read the manga and i thought they were probably going to change the fact that Light dies...but they didn't!!! I was soooooooo sad...lol...how can he lose from N..I mean he beat L...Its all Mikami's fault only if he had listen to Light!!!
Old 2007-07-05, 17:17   Link #265
ShoyzX

To the poster above who forgot to add a spoiler-
Spoiler for Death Note:
Old 2007-07-05, 22:23   Link #266
Harvest

Death note ending
Explanation by Harvest Lee

Ok for everyone that thinks Light died, you’re all wrong. Do you really think he would not have a back up plan? Think of the bigger picture Light set up Near to make it so that he’s name not being in the death note would mean he dies. Light also remembers back to the very beginning when Ryuuk says he’ll be the one to write he’s name down and kill him. So guess what happen? Ryuuk wroth down light’s name and saved he’s life which means…….
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Harvest; 2007-07-05 at 22:34. Reason: spoilers
Old 2007-07-06, 00:05   Link #267
ShoyzX

To Harvest-
Spoiler for Harvest "lee":
Old 2007-07-06, 07:27   Link #268
Rem and Ryuk

Quote:
And after Kira's death, crime has risen, wars restarted... Maybe under Kira, it wasn't that bad ? Kira killed 1 209 625 people. But for each criminal he killed, many innocents were saved. What he did was merely sacrificing a life to save others.
Well, I'm not gonna say that's wrong or right, but I will say that's what the government does whenever it enters a war, especially when it had a draft. They were basically sending people to their death in order to save a larger group of people. Personally, I can't see why what Kira was doing is any different. Actually the government drafted people to Vietnam who never did anything bad, Kira for the majority picked criminals, so I'd say in reality there are people in this world who get away with things worse than what Kira got away with in Death Note.
Old 2007-07-06, 18:14   Link #269
Harvest

Shoyzx,

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-06, 19:29   Link #270
Erazor

Harvest... sorry to say this... but... Yagami Light is dead! lol.

Lights eyes have glown red many times before, I think it's solely for the purpose of expressing that he's really EVIL, and cool graphics too.

He never ever had the shinigami eyes, but he should have, because I think he would have survived longer with them even though his lifespan would have been cut by half.

Imagine all the possibilities light could have had with the EYES, it would have been to0 easy for an interesting anime!
Old 2007-07-06, 19:43   Link #271
Harvest

well then if he died he got reborn, how do you explain that other Yagami Light that walked right by him as he was on the run in the end?
Old 2007-07-06, 19:59   Link #272
Erazor

The other Yagami Light that walked past him was probably an Illusion of what it might have been or was if Light never got the death note...

By the looks of it... it was his younger self walking back from school or whatever.

In all cases Yagami Light dies.... In the Manga... the Live actions... and the Anime.

~ Oh by the way did anyone else have the idea that Yagami Light would eventually turn into a Shinigami Himself as they were watching the series?

I didn't read the manga first so I had this feeling that Yagami was going to become some super shinigami and rule that world too... that's what the openings of the anime series made suggest anyway.
Old 2007-07-07, 05:35   Link #273
Samurai Edge
Swords and Sabres

the sad thing about me is that long before I started watching the anime, manga readers had already said L and Light died, so as I'm watching the anime, I know L and Light will die so I didn't make much guesses on what will happen
Old 2007-07-07, 09:01   Link #274
Windspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erazor View Post
~ Oh by the way did anyone else have the idea that Yagami Light would eventually turn into a Shinigami Himself as they were watching the series?

I didn't read the manga first so I had this feeling that Yagami was going to become some super shinigami and rule that world too... that's what the openings of the anime series made suggest anyway.
Actually, you know what ? A french scanlations group "made" an alternative ending with Light going to the Shinigami's world. Obata precised that the Shinigami's world was rotten and lawless (?), thus, Light wanted to convince the King of Shinigami to help him : Light literally wanted to rule over the Shinigami's world as he did with our world, and his intelligence would help him : he's not the human who ruled over the world as God Himself for more than 6 six years for nothing...

Quite interesting, but I think it's totally impossible since in the Death Note, it's written that there's no Heaven nor Hell. Which means that after one's death, there's absolutely nothing, the person just disappears. The after-life doesn't exist : a dictator, a priest, The Pope, a president, a monk, a criminal, an assassin, a typical American idiot, they all go to the same place after their death, regardless on how the lived. There's only one life and YOU have to choose how to use it...

Who read the french fan-made ending ? I don' think I have the right to say the scanlation group's name, but with some research, I think anyone of you will easily find this alternative ending...
Old 2007-07-07, 20:47   Link #275
ShoyzX

Quick Question, if you trade half of your life for Shinigami eyes and it happens to save your life, would you lose only half of the time you would have lived untill you died then, or would you somehow lose half of the life that you'd get since the eyes saved your life.

Bad Example:
1 and 2 in a room
2 Has 1's name and is about to write his name down in his Death Note
1 Doesnt have 2's name and cant write his down in his Death Note
1 Would only have about 30 seconds to live
1 Trades half of his life for Shinigami eyes
1 Writes 2's name down without him knowing and before he writes 1's name down.
Would 1 have 30(-15) seconds to live, or x(%2) ?
And there's always the possibility of having his full life and only losing 15 seconds, x(-15).
Old 2007-07-08, 00:21   Link #276
Keefa

Edit: Seems that I was wrong, sorry. ^^; Delete this, please~
Old 2007-07-08, 21:30   Link #277
dumbo63

I got 3 quick questions:

1. Why did they remove the cameras from the hotel room when Takada and Light were meeting.

2. If Light knew Mello's real name why didn't he just kill him instead of allowing Takada to kill Mello.

3. We see Misa in the end of the anime which differs from the manga, you think this implies that she commited suicide?
Old 2007-07-08, 23:22   Link #278
Renchan

I will answer the second question.

Light ONLY know Mello's name, he didn't know Mello's face... err, he only seen Mello's skecth.
Old 2007-07-09, 04:08   Link #279
UchihaByakuya

Nothingness... i clearly remember Ryuk saying Light's dead went to heaven O.o or maybe its just the translator of that manga.. the dialogue seemed right...
Old 2007-07-09, 09:27   Link #280
Windspirit

I have an answer for your question, ShoyzX. If 1 makes the eyetrade and kills 2, this means his lifespan isn't of 30 seconds, since destiny decided that this was not the moment for him to die. In other words, if he successfully kills 2, it means that from the beginning, he wasn't even supposed to die in this place. Thus, his lifespan is much longer than 30 secondes.

As simple as that, I imagin >_< Destiny knows when you are in danger and if you will save your life or die

(This lifespan crap in Death Note actually IS some damn stupide cilchéd crap... oO maybe the only thing that's clichéd in Death Note, actually...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo63 View Post
I got 3 quick questions:

1. Why did they remove the cameras from the hotel room when Takada and Light were meeting.

2. If Light knew Mello's real name why didn't he just kill him instead of allowing Takada to kill Mello.

3. We see Misa in the end of the anime which differs from the manga, you think this implies that she commited suicide?
1. Because Light asked so >_<

2. He lacked Mello's face : why do you think he was begging his father to kill him while he was ***** ? (Spoiler, but I think everybody understands and clearly remembers this scene where Light was a complete bastard).

3. It is SUGGESTED that she commits suicide, but in How to Read, it is clearly specified that Misa commits suicide about a year after Light's death (she was depressed and finally realised that her life was meaningless now that Light has fallen, sho she jump from the top of a building).

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaByakuya View Post
Nothingness... i clearly remember Ryuk saying Light's dead went to heaven O.o or maybe its just the translator of that manga.. the dialogue seemed right...
It's one of the fundamental rules of the Death Note : when one dies, he doesn't go Heaven nor to Hell. Light and Ryuk talked about this in the first episodes, Light said : "If they don't go to Heaven nor Hell... this would mean that they don't exist.", and Ryuk answered : "Quite perspicacious..."
Closed Thread