012Zer0

hmm...maybe it'll be a RX-105 Xi Gundam
012Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 02:28   Link #3302
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post

MG Hi-Nu that Gunota just posted. I think I'm used to the redesign now.. it looks pretty good.
sadly for me all i can say is that i will never respect this design unless it gets animated to win my heart over, whcih probably wont happen. i have much love for the original Hi-Nu design In all honesty, i prefere the Nu Gundam design over this too
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 09:00   Link #3303
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It looks great to me. Have an unusual but yet great mixing of blue and white. Hopefully I will have enough money to buy it when it is released
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 09:36   Link #3304
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
i also like colour the combi...as for me i am quite used to the overall redesign....time to save up...cannot imagine being 2x in a mth spending 100++ for kits.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 10:51   Link #3305
Akyra

Hmmm, I wonder if i can get staff discounts if I work for them...so tempted to learn japanese and apply for jobs at Bandai now...or even at Bandai America...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 10:58   Link #3306
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

HGUC is getting better and MG is going down the drain. This is the opinion of modeller's in Singapore I know. And mine.

Our reasons?

1. HGUC Powered GM and GM Striker are just so damn awesome in detail and articulation. Not to mention their low price tag of 1200 yen.
2. MG Hi Nu and it's inability to stand on it's own two feet without support. This is very obvious in March's Dengenki Hobby. Almost every shot of it has a clear plastic block supporting it. I'll bet it'll have a lot less plastic than the MG Sentinel FAZZ yet costs 1100 yen more.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 12:08   Link #3307
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Hmmm, I wonder if i can get staff discounts if I work for them...so tempted to learn japanese and apply for jobs at Bandai now...or even at Bandai America...
I know Pro-E (the software they use to model Gunpla) and I know Gundam, but I dont know Japanese :/

Quote:
HGUC Powered GM and GM Striker are just so damn awesome in detail and articulation. Not to mention their low price tag of 1200 yen.
can't deny this

Quote:
2. MG Hi Nu and it's inability to stand on it's own two feet without support. This is very obvious in March's Dengenki Hobby. Almost every shot of it has a clear plastic block supporting it. I'll bet it'll have a lot less plastic than the MG Sentinel FAZZ yet costs 1100 yen more.
1. There's a stand, use it, it looks awesome. Otherwise its easy to stuff up the legs to add more balance

2. FAZZ has always been the leader of plastic per unit price, so everything else will pale in comparison. But I so agree MGs have gone up in price lately. I think its the abuse of ABS plastic that drives up the price, but thats just my opinion
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 12:11   Link #3308
Deus EpS Machina
Resident Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
HGUC is getting better and MG is going down the drain. This is the opinion of modeller's in Singapore I know. And mine.

Our reasons?

1. HGUC Powered GM and GM Striker are just so damn awesome in detail and articulation. Not to mention their low price tag of 1200 yen.

And your opinion somehow gets more validation cuz your modellers?

almost every kit in hobby magazines has plastic cubes and support and whatnot to hold them up. Its no surprise. Hi-Nu doesnt need a stand to stay standing, it needs a stand cuz its a laregly space-use mobilesuit (GP01FB for example looks, very awkward standing around doing jack squat, same fo Gp03. Hell, Ex-S can stand on its own too, stand included for obvious reasons.)

Have you built or seen the MG Strike Freedom? its backpack effectivly doubles its overall wieght and yet it can very easily stand on its own WITHOUT any awkward positions. (my review of it). Hell, the backpack for the Hi-nu doesnt even look half as substantial as the SF, so i dont think backheaviness will be an issue.

On the price of the Hi-nu...im guessing its the stand and the Funnel affect parts, not to mention the size of the gundam. Though it is surprising to see it at that price without the metal joints...

As for the bit about HGUCs...the majority of the models iv build are MGs or NG/HG 1/100s but thanks to AoZ, iv done a few Hazels and the Hrairoo. The AoZ material is quite...plain and ok, nothing great. What was great was the HG Strike Noir i did that really was 'next-gen'. In essence, the HG Noir was a HG with MG quality without the inner frame.

really, the quality of the kits isnt getting stale, rather the opposite unless youre doing rehashes/repackages/recolours.
Deus EpS Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 20:00   Link #3309
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus EpS Machina View Post
Link doesnt work for me.

EDIT: nevermind. it did now.

Anyway I'm glad that this erh... Lo-Nu kit doesnt come in two editions like SF did, so I can the complete package get it anytime without having to wait for specific re-issues.

Last edited by M_Flores; 2007-01-26 at 20:15.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 20:41   Link #3310
Akyra

EDIT: Whoops, mis-read the msg. But still, release so many models like this...still BLOODY BANDAI
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 05:33   Link #3311
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Unpainted sample. Looks great despite all the naysayers.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 06:36   Link #3312
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
hhhmm...didnt know Hi-Nu includes hyper Bazooka also......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 07:26   Link #3313
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
It doesn't look bad at all. In fact, it looks tuff. Very tuff. But, as said many times, the bulky, beasty Hi-n was a big part of the reason I was into it in the first place. ZZ or Ex-S just doesn't do it for me, it has to be a Nu. This Hi-n still looks good, but it doesn't have the presence of the fictional beasty old Hi-n. If I wanted a slick and slim, slender type over powered MS, that's why there are the Freedoms - I don't need that in a Hi-n. Anyway, that's my opinion. It would be cool though, if Bandai included extra parts to kinda build this Hi-n to finish up the original bulky design as the modeller see's fit. Oh well, I guess there are still the resin kits.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 07:45   Link #3314
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

From the pics, it looks like Hi-Nu is actually stable enough to stand unaided without those clear plastic supports O_o

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 11:50   Link #3315
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Looks like a very solid kit. But I just noticed that Hi-Nu has no place to store its bazooka like the original Nu did, which is slightly disappointing.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 15:23   Link #3316
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
Looks like a very solid kit. But I just noticed that Hi-Nu has no place to store its bazooka like the original Nu did, which is slightly disappointing.
The shield weapons are also noticeably gone
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 20:40   Link #3317
Fome

I'm just wondering if it's already been established if this kit will sport the internal frame of some of the newer MGs. I would hope that it could hold up that bazooke straight forward without sagging. I hope it will have at least Strike Gundam level articulation.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 01:24   Link #3318
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Lol i cant say anything about the frame cuz of costs but articulation u can deff bet its 5X bettter than strike cuz its a newer kit. Bandai has deff been making an effort to refine the kits frames.
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 07:05   Link #3319
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Look at the PG-esque details of the internal frame. A pity Bandai choose to do away the diecast metallic parts of the Nu for this.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 07:15   Link #3320
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
wow damn that awsome now we know y the price tag is so high....
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy