Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-28, 21:27   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
two shows to watch this season

I'm looking to watch add two shows to what I'm already watching from this season; preferably one for Fri or Sat, and one, possibly two for Mon, Tues, or Wed. And by those days, I mean a general time for subs to be released, NOT the actual day the shows air. I don't care what kind of show it is, as long as it either has a somewhat unique premise, or has some substance to it.

Currently I'm watching HanaIro on Sun, and Usagi Drops and Mayo Chiki for late Thur/early Fri. HanaIro hasn't been too stellar for me most of this season, I GREATLY enjoy Usagi Drops, and I find Mayo Chiki solid and fun entertainment. I dropped Blood C after ep 3 for now because it's not much going on there.
Old 2011-07-28, 21:42   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Monday: Yuruyuri if you're up for Comedy or Ikoku Meiro no Croisée has been a solid slice of life series, so far maybe a but weaker than Usagi Drop, but quite enjoyable with an interesting setting/atmosphere to it.

Tuesday: Steins;gate from last season very unique premise, nothing else notable there to me

Friday: Mawaru Penguin Drum[airs thursday, but subs aren't out til friday generally] very unique premise highly suggest it.

Saturday: Ro-Kyu-Bu! is fairly good so far, and so is Kamisama no Memochou.
MAL
Old 2011-07-28, 21:53   Link #3
4Tran

If you're looking for uniqueness, there's nothing more fitting than Mawaru Penguindrum. It's also the best show airing right now so it's as close to a must watch as there is.

Both Natsume Yuujin-Chou and La Croisée Dans Un Labyrinthe Ètranger are good slice-of-life complements to Usagi Drop. Neither are quite as good but they're both quite good. If you've seen previous Natsume shows, you should watch the third series. If you haven't, then La Croisée will be easier to get into.
Old 2011-07-28, 23:04   Link #4
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
The no doubter to me is definatly Mawaru Penguindrum on friday.

Saying its premise is "somewhat unique" would be an understatement lol

Other than that I'd say that if you want some slice of life there's Ikoku Meiro no Croisée on monday , not everyday do you see an anime set in 19th century Paris (and very acuratly portayed too).
Old 2011-07-29, 03:20   Link #5
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
here is a great list:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...nime-in-japan/

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2011-07-29, 06:36   Link #6
frubam
simp for Lyria

Thanks for the suggestions everyone (^,6). Since Mawaru Penguindrum and Ikoku Meiro no Croisée has been suggested by everyone, those are the two I'm going to take up. I haven't seen the first 2 seasons of Natsume Yuujinchou, so I'll pass on that one. I'm getting the first 2 eps of MP and Croisee as I type, so hopefully I'll enjoy it =03.
Old 2011-07-31, 13:26   Link #7
frubam
simp for Lyria

Checked out the first two episodes of MP and Croisee. Croisee was quite charming, in the same way(but not as good as) Usagi Drops as Konakaga said. I wasn't too enthused about MP's first episode, but the 2nd was hilarious X03...well, until the end, which was creepy. Certainly keeping up with that one now =03. Thanks for the great suggestions (^,^)/.
Old 2011-07-31, 13:47   Link #8
Ronny

I know it's kind of late since you picked two shows, but since you enjoy the comedy in MP, I think you will enjoy Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu as well (catch up on season 1 and then watch season 2 as it airs.) I seriously think you won't regret it.
Old 2011-07-31, 14:52   Link #9
frubam
simp for Lyria

I've actually seen the first season, and I really liked its old-school approach to comedy =03, but I've only seen the first OVA, I just have to catch up on it, but it probably wont be for a while, since I got to get back into it.
Closed Thread