Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 14:28   Link #15061
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowinsideme View Post
*rereads this chapter* seems to me that some youkai are just the same.

instead of looking at it from sensui or Akuha's view look at moka and Kurama's (who both realized that not all humans are mean)

both sides have their evil and some have their good, sure one of them might have someone whos more evil.

in the end, resorting to evil just makes you one of the people who you dispise and gets taken down by someone who fights for good. Just like Pain from Naruto or sensui from yu yu hakusho. their both fools who acted on hatred and were killed by it in the process.
I wouldn't say Sensui acted purely out of hatred. He was going to die anyways and simply wanted to die in the very land of those demons he once killed. But anyways, I'm not denying that there are Ayashi capable of evil. I said it myself that both parties have their dark sides, but which one is the most dangerous? The humans or the Ayashi? I tend to think humans are more dangerous because while the majority of Ayashi attack humans because it is their nature to devour them (just as it is ours to devour cattle), humans are more well known for attacking even members of their own kind even when they do not feel it will help them survive. In YYH manga, at any rate, it is mentioned that 1 in 20 murder cases are demon-related. It makes me wonder if it might be the same in R+V

As for Tsukune, I do think he will eventually have an awakening of sorts much the same way Yusuke did, except it will be reversed. Remember that Yusuke's demon blood could only be awakened once Yusuke himself had grown strong enough in spirit energy to sustain the transformation. That was why he did not awaken the first time he died. Tsukune, on the other hand, is already using his demon energy. If he awakens, it will be his spirit energy that will awaken, should me theory that Tsukune descends from a long line of human psychics. This power he will obtain will allow him to control the power of the Shinso blood. I doubt he will have to die on order to gain this power, but he will have to experience something quite shocking for that to happen.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 15:09   Link #15062
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo
I doubt he will have to die on order to gain this power, but he will have to experience something quite shocking for that to happen.
1) Near Death experience. CHECK (several times, his collection of scars virtually proves that one)
2) Just seen the girl he loves' mum and look-alike sliced in half, and been powerless to do anything about it [talk about bad flashback/vibe when she fights Akuha] CHECK
3) Potential for Moka herself to be hurt badly by Akuha if she's not careful because she, whilst maybe not ready for Tsukune at the same time, will be ready for Moka CHECK

You know I'm pretty sure he's probably catered for the list already, there's not really that many more things that can be done to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowinsideme
these arent the usual vampires, way more OP and starting to get as rediculous as twilight vampires. hell their appearance hardly changes. guess they dont want to ruin the pretty face :eyeroll:
No I'm well aware there are differences between your traditional vampires and these (garlic, sunlight...etc), however Akasha's possible healing level does seem to be more along the traditional level...and well...Alucard...he's been dead for how long and he's STILL potentially on his way back to life.
I'd say that gives enough reasoning to show the trope is not entirely dead and buried for these vampires, even if some of the other vampire tropes are.

That said you pointed out thier appearance hardly changes....well, that's pretty much 'traditional' vampire lore going back past Bram Stoker etc; vampires WERE meant to be alluring and age very slowly, although the idea of more monstrous vampires is also relatively common, but either way, that's nothing new in the scheme of things; Twilight's just made it popular for them to be pussies
Rediculously powerful vampires (in terms of strength or speed) would also fit under a bill of nothing new as well, to be honest.
Bear in mind there are several traditional archetypes for vampires (although Dracula-esque is the most common/famous), and the European and Asian stereotype is also slightly different.

I do share your hatred of the Twilight 'sparkly disco ball' vampire though
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-07-08 at 15:36.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 16:52   Link #15063
hollowinsideme
Banned

they better pray someone doesnt threaten his family

speaking of vampires... who would win, (who evers the strongest in R+V) Alucard(hellsing) or

oh god, now i holding my self back from making a R+V Cruisnik OC
hollowinsideme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 17:45   Link #15064
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Yep, killing/hurting his friends are about the only things left on the list, I think he's pretty catered for lol

I haven't seen Trinity Blood so I can't comment, so SO FAR I'd say Alucard(Hellsing), BUT we've yet to see what things are going to be like when R+V hits it's peak.

To be fair that might be pitting Alucard vs Alucard, we've no idea where R+V will put us though, it might be that towards the end Moka/Tsukune/BeingX are just as nasty lol
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 18:42   Link #15065
Tachibana
タチバナ

Cool Pic

Old 2010-07-08, 19:21   Link #15066
Random Wanderer

If Akasha does not survive to the present day in some manner I shall be most displeased.

That is all.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:27   Link #15067
khprincessh

good pic of akasha bloodriver
khprincessh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:41   Link #15068
hollowinsideme
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Yep, killing/hurting his friends are about the only things left on the list, I think he's pretty catered for lol

I haven't seen Trinity Blood so I can't comment, so SO FAR I'd say Alucard(Hellsing), BUT we've yet to see what things are going to be like when R+V hits it's peak.

To be fair that might be pitting Alucard vs Alucard, we've no idea where R+V will put us though, it might be that towards the end Moka/Tsukune/BeingX are just as nasty lol
he is a Vampire who kills/drinks vampire blood.

"you are my food" he'd say to moka

Crusniks

Cain, Crusnik 01, in his Crusnik formCrusniks are vampires who feed on the blood of other vampires.[6] They possess immense power and destructive potential and are nearly invincible.[5] Whereas the Methuselahs are either born or infected, the Crusniks are unique beings created as a result of an experiment during the Mars Colonization Project. The four Crusniks, Cain, Seth, Abel, and Lilith, were test tube babies created for the Mars Colonization Project by the UNASF with genetically enhanced bodies. They were infused with the Crusnik nanomachines that were found on Mars as their enhanced bodies were the only ones capable of surviving the procedure. The exact circumstances behind the infusions of Seth, Abel, and Lilith are unknown, while Cain's infusion was done by Seth to save his life after a fatal accident.

Crusniks possess unique attributes that separate them from Methuselahs. For instance, both Abel and Cain sport angelic wings and can fly quite easily. Crusniks can transmute their blood into weapons and often possess psychokinetic powers. Abel can generate powerful bio-electric fields while Cain can use psychokinetic waves to pulverize objects and enemies and to generate barriers. Seth can reduce people and objects to dust using sound waves.

In order to activate his Crusnik powers, Abel usually issues a verbal or mental command to the nanomachines in his body. The exact wording and method of activation varies amongst the novels, the manga, and anime, and between the original Japanese and the English translations. For example, in the anime he says "Nanomachines: Crusnik 02 - __% Activate" while in the manga he silently activates Crusnik mode and receives a confirmation from the nanomachines of "Crusnik 02 Loading. Limitation at __%... Acknowledged".[6] In the anime, neither Cain nor Seth demonstrated a need to do this in order to activate their powers, and there are several times when Abel activates his powers without saying his usual command, so it appears to just be a literary device.
Old 2010-07-08, 19:53   Link #15069
Yorae_paladin1

Crusniks are just mutated test tube baby humans with alien nanites that give them vampire like bits but moka shes the real thing the true undead immortal vampire. hell methuselahs consider the words vampire as an insult.

Real vampires crush mutant wannabes any day
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 20:03   Link #15070
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Crusniks are just mutated test tube baby humans with alien nanites that give them vampire like bits but moka shes the real thing the true undead immortal vampire. hell methuselahs consider the words vampire as an insult.

Real vampires crush mutant wannabes any day
Correction, Moka isn't undead. Vampires in Japanese stories are usually supernatural creatures that are living, breathing beings. They are born vampires. Can't be born if your mother and you are the undead
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 20:05   Link #15071
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Correction, Moka isn't undead. Vampires in Japanese stories are usually supernatural creatures that are living, breathing beings. They are born vampires. Can't be born if your mother and you are the undead
Uh no alucard hellsing is very much undead among many others who says moka isn't undead also and in many stories undead can have kids castlevania dracula anyone
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2010-07-08, 20:15   Link #15072
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Why are you using the example of another vampire from ANOTHER totally different series (Helsing) to refute the point that Moka isn't undead? Considering the vast difference in the 2 series, I'd say their respective lore should be different as well.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 20:27   Link #15073
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Cool Pic

That's an awesome vector clean.
Old 2010-07-08, 20:38   Link #15074
Tachibana
タチバナ

Thx, i wonder if it will be colored.
Old 2010-07-08, 20:40   Link #15075
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Why are you using the example of another vampire from ANOTHER totally different series (Helsing) to refute the point that Moka isn't undead? Considering the vast difference in the 2 series, I'd say their respective lore should be different as well.
He/she said vampires in japanese stories in general are not undead and I pointed out hellsing and mention a few others whihc say others not all japanese story vampires are living if there any like that

Old 2010-07-08, 20:58   Link #15076
Random Wanderer

Please learn to use punctuation. It will make your comments much more comprehensible.

Now, it has been made pretty clear at various points throughout this series that these vampires are living creatures. Powerful, yes, but they can be hurt and they can die. And that death, REAL death, is just as permanent for them as it is for anyone else. Moka is not undead. She is not a human turned into some monster by a curse. She was born a living vampire, just as all the vampires we have seen were.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:28   Link #15077
hollowinsideme
Banned

Wow, getting serious in here.
Old 2010-07-08, 21:40   Link #15078
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Everything is the same in all worlds, there's the good and the bad.

Hmm...more I see Tsukune more I can compare him to Jin Kazama and his alter ego Devil Jin.
Old 2010-07-08, 22:31   Link #15079
Tachibana
タチバナ

Is the ghoul a seperate personality?
Old 2010-07-08, 22:32   Link #15080
khprincessh

u know about tekken to no way i love tekken i have 1-6.
khprincessh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire