Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-03, 17:33   Link #121
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
OHHHHHHHHHH, huge question: Where does she keep all those utensils and stuff? Completely beyond me.
Deep pockets? XD

Speaking of which...
Spoiler for GIF:
Old 2009-07-03, 17:43   Link #122
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Deep pockets? XD

Speaking of which...
Spoiler for GIF:
What I like about that scene is the close up of her mouth a second or two after she whips those out.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 18:05   Link #123
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Deep pockets? XD

Speaking of which...
Spoiler for GIF:
Air Gear's Kururu ripoff!!!

That's kool anyways :P
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 18:07   Link #124
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
Air Gear's Kururu ripoff!!!
No. No it is not.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 18:53   Link #125
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
No. No it is not.
Why because she takes out school accessories and Kururu takes out mechanics accessories?
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 19:46   Link #126
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
How are the books done? I bought 4 of the BOX editions of Bakemonogatari, but I haven't opened them yet. Are there different girls in every new book, or will there be several girls/arcs in a single volume?
There are several arcs in single volume, at least for Bakemonogatari.

Bakemonogatari 1 - Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail and Suruga Monkey
Bakemonogatari 2 - Nadeko Snake and Tsubasa Cat
Kizumonogatari - Koyomi Vamp
Nisemonogatari 1 - Karen Bee
Nisemonogatari 2 - Tsukihi Phoenix
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 21:09   Link #127
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
Why because she takes out school accessories and Kururu takes out mechanics accessories?
Or because it's a trope that's been in use for over 20 years now, if not more.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 21:28   Link #128
Raiga
tl;dr

If threatening people with pointy school supplies is not awesome, I don't know what is.
Old 2009-07-03, 22:10   Link #129
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I love psycho types but there is only one term I can use to describe Hitagi and that would be...

ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 23:22   Link #130
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The look, ah, The Look. A wonderful visual experience. Also a wonderful aural experience: believe it or not, Senjougahara was played by Saitou Chiwa. I've never heard her so smooth and soft and dangerous. Liked Horie Yui as the class president, too. And there's Kamiya Hiroshi carrying another show.

The look was great, the sound was great, the feeling wonderful all around. But I'm not so sure of the plot and the evolution of the characters. I've often felt Shinbou was talented, smart...and emotionally shallow. We'll see if this is the show that changes my mind. Good start. Senjougahara is a lot more than just a "tsundere."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 02:58   Link #131
Fuze

The first episode was pretty much what I expected to be, at least, visually. I was not prepared for the heavy dialog. I felt the humor in this episode was on the dry side, which I'm not sure is the way it's suppose to be. Some of the jokes I did not get until I looked it up: like the scene where Hitagi called herself tsundere, but Koyomi replied "no, you're a tsundora". I'm like "what the hell is a tsundora?!".

Even with all that said, I think I will like this show because: I like Shinbo and I like the supernatural theme. I am still a bit skeptical of the comedy aspect, though. Not because I don't think it will work but because I have a feeling some of the jokes will be difficult to get for most people.

Note: I am not familiar with the original material so these are just my guesses and observation so far.
Fuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 04:55   Link #132
sirn
田舎者言うな

Opening song from a DVD/Blu-ray CM. (Niconico account required.)

I thought Chiwa Saito couldn't sing so this is pretty unexpected. Don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but they won't release a single. Instead, the CD will be bundled with the limited edition of Hitagi Crab DVD/Blu-ray.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 05:22   Link #133
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
I thought Chiwa Saito couldn't sing so this is pretty unexpected.
It's not really singing, though her performance for Tsukuyomi's OP's is something i'll never forget.
Old 2009-07-04, 06:56   Link #134
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Opening song from a DVD/Blu-ray CM. (Niconico account required.)

I thought Chiwa Saito couldn't sing so this is pretty unexpected. Don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but they won't release a single. Instead, the CD will be bundled with the limited edition of Hitagi Crab DVD/Blu-ray.
Is that really the OP? It seems more like a character song for the Hitagi Crab arc..
Old 2009-07-04, 07:55   Link #135
Ottocycle

That was...impressive. I've learnt not to pause in a Shinbo show now, and that helps a lot, since I was so tempted to do so in the show's opening moments. Once I left all that and went with the flow, the episode did its job of keeping my interest well, what with all the subtle supernatural portions, Unlimited Stationery Works indeed. I'll expect things to be explained in subsequent episodes.

And what the heck's with all the pokes at moe subculture lol.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 07:58   Link #136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
And what the heck's with all the pokes at moe subculture lol.
It's not the first time it's happened in a Akiyuki Shinbo show.
Old 2009-07-04, 07:59   Link #137
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Has anyone ever wondered what Shaft can do if it has a decent budget and time on its hand to produce a show when watching TMP or Negima (first episode) or the Negima OVA's? Dear heaven. The background art with the synchronous mingling of color explosion in this episode is just so over the top. I'm not exactly sure when I just started looking at the episode instead of watching. Who else other than me think whatever budget Shaft was given to work on this series has already blown a significant portion of it with this episode? I'll try to rewatch it sometime later for the story.

Good first impression which sure to get a fansubber or two interested in this series.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 08:02   Link #138
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not the first time it's happened in a Akiyuki Shinbo show.
I was expecting that form of randomness to be more lacking from what I infer to be a more plot-driven show as compared to his previous ones.

Well, there were less, I guess...
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 08:04   Link #139
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
concerning ep.1 with my crappy japanese

it was rather interesting, reminded me of the end of eva and even more of Tetsuo. Though I must agree that the characters were not all that interesting, but the visuals and audio were something else ... dunno, SHAFT really is my thing not because of long term value but because they actually experiment a lot
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 08:09   Link #140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
SHAFT really is my thing not because of long term value but because they actually experiment a lot
As i said, it's more like Akiyuki Shinbo was experimenting over the past 4 years, and everything he's learn from the wide range of techniques and effects make this show what it is. It's what i believe. You could even say this is his 5cm.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural