AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-05-03, 21:43   Link #201
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

A nice game by the Jazz.

Most of the games in this series are similar, it is really sad that those two teams were forced to play each other. Still, looking at the score, Jazz is the better team, but since their success depends on a lot of players (unlike Houston's T-Mac Yao combo), consistency is the biggest problem in Utah's case. If the Jazz can make three of their key players can play well on Saturday, they will most probably take the series. Otherwise, it is Houston's.

Now, switching to another interesting series. Go Warriors!
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 00:14   Link #202
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
GOLDEN STATE WON YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Get out of town mavs and a soft no deserving mvp Dirk!

Been saying he was soft for years, thanks for proving it!

Now let's go Suns, Duncan is old now, we have a excellent team now, Amare is back and hopefully average more than 30 points per game on duncan like 2 years ago.
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 01:02   Link #203
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Oh man Suns vs Warriors would be a fantastic Western Conference Finals!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 01:31   Link #204
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

WARRIORS WON!!!!!!!
haha i was right to say that Dallas will choke like how the Raiders did in the Super Bowl against the Bucs...now just gotta see what happens to Dallas next season...wow i cant believe just how much Warriors fans there are!!!
As much as I want the Suns to win, I would love to see the Warriors sweep all 3 texas teams to reach the finals...but im pulling for the Suns...
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 12:59   Link #205
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

After one of the biggest upsets in NBA history, comments came pouring in. Interesting, there are even many suggestions on trading Dirk. If they decide to do something like that, it would be a really big mistake, although I don't care a lot. (and I cannot say I felt sorry even after seeing Cuban's crying face on TV, and his comments that seem to put more pressure on Dirk)

Anyway, one of the newest articles (from SI) was on the future possibilities in this year's playoffs based on the result of the Mav-War series. The article was really good, discussing that unlike before when only 4-teams' names were considered for championship, with the latest result, it can even be one of the underdogs. Let's hope it happens that way.
Old 2007-05-04, 15:51   Link #206
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

im not surprised since GW beat mav's all 2 or 3 times during the regular season

I hope Huston's gonna take the championship this year
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 17:12   Link #207
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
im not surprised since GW beat mav's all 2 or 3 times during the regular season

I hope Huston's gonna take the championship this year
Better hope Houston just makes it out of the first round, one game at a time ok.
Old 2007-05-05, 02:31   Link #208
grss1982

I just reliazed that Stephen Jackson was one of the main contributors for the GSW's knock out punch (7 treys???) against the mavs, I told my friend this and he asked if a news organization had used these headlines regrading GSW's win:

Jackson "Trigger Happy" in Game 6

I ROFL'ed upon hearing that one. :lol:
Old 2007-05-05, 23:25   Link #209
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Fantastic game by the Jazz. This time they are not the ones who choked at the end. It should be really disappointing for the Houston fans to see how their team forgets to foul a player (especially Deron, when he is waiting for it) when they needed time more than anything. Still, the tension was high till the last few seconds.

And, whoever reaches the final (Jazz or Warriors), it would the third unexpected event in these playoffs.

By the way, what is going on with Chicago? Even, Orlando put up a better fight against Pistons, on the average.
Old 2007-05-06, 17:31   Link #210
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Damn Nash got his nose fucked up in game 1 and Suns go down but hopefully they will bounce back.
Old 2007-05-06, 17:34   Link #211
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Suns trainer sucks a$$...My mama can stop a cut better than this guy...and it costed the Suns on crucial possessions...HE should have put vasoline on the intial cut...By continously ripping off the band-aid he opened the wound up slightly each time...That $hit KILLED the suns down the stretch!!!!!

As for Duncan geeezus...I never in my life seen a player so boringly awesome! Boring move after incredibly boring move...Only vomitting seems more exciting...I swear watching a Spurs possession is like tap dancing on a bed of needles...That guy Duncan is unspeakably boriningly phenomenal!

Tony Parker flops on their final possession get's bailed out...Oh God I think I'm gonna have a stroke if the Spurs win this series...Jazz vs. Spurs in the West Final? *chillllls down the spine* ...Hold on wingdarkness no need to commit suicide yet...Atleast NOT YET!

Think happy thoughts:

"Jacque Vaughn please play more minutes...
Jacque Vaughn please play more minutes...
Jacque Vaughn please play more minutes...
Jacque Vaughn please play more minutes..."

Suns get your $hit together!!! I can't be subjected to another unwatchable Finals!!
Old 2007-05-07, 10:44   Link #212
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Manu Ginobili has been crap this entire postseason. Hopefully he didn't catch the choking plague from Dirk. Lucky for Spurs, Finley has been picking up the slack.

About that game, I doubt Phoenix would've won even with Nash in at the end. The game wasn't as close as the final box score. If SA wins game 2, it's going to be a sweep. An interesting stat was that game 1 was SA's fifth straight playoff win in Phoenix. The one team left in the NBA that has home court over Spurs, and now it doesn't even matter. The Spurs are playing with house money for the rest of the playoffs.
Old 2007-05-09, 00:14   Link #213
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Suns win and it looks like we got a series again. Injecting Kurt Thomas into the starting lineup was huge as he played fantastic tonight. Marion also played fantastic defense against parker and the suns just finally started making their shots.

Ginobili had another quiet game partly due to Bell's good defense, but I expect he's going to have a breakout game soon which the suns need to watch out for.

Suns still need to win one in SA to have a chance in at winning this series.
Old 2007-05-09, 00:56   Link #214
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Didn't watch the game but listened to the 2nd half on the radio...Did Jacque Vaughn play alot?^^

Suns a good damn road team too...Still pullin for Suns//Warriors..which is the only match-up I give a damn about...Screw the Finals...
Old 2007-05-10, 12:46   Link #215
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

After watching the Warriors-Jazz series, I would really like to see how these teams perform against the perceivably better teams (Dallas was one of them, and the ending to its success was pretty sad).

In any case, Warriors eliminating Mavs was one of the best things this offseason, considering the excitement they bring to the game. Especially, yesterday's game was one of the best I have watched in a long time.
Old 2007-05-11, 16:56   Link #216
Master zoid pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Suns a good damn road team too...Still pullin for Suns//Warriors..which is the only match-up I give a damn about...Screw the Finals...
Damn skippy were both pullin

LETS GO PHOENIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 2007-05-12, 22:01   Link #217
Master zoid pilot

That was the most bullcrap game I have ever freakin seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What a bunch of dirty playing bastards the spurs are!

The damn refs couldn't call a foul when if counted!

"why call it now"- Mike d'antoni I couldn't agree more!

Jeez I just want to cuss so much at the moment.
Old 2007-05-12, 22:36   Link #218
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

damn right the refs were being a bunch blind noobs

either way, Nash has 2 take some responsibilities 2 their loss, dear god he just couldnt do anything till final quarter which was way 2 late
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 00:21   Link #219
Master zoid pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
damn right the refs were being a bunch blind noobs

either way, Nash has 2 take some responsibilities 2 their loss, dear god he just couldnt do anything till final quarter which was way 2 late
True.....everyone has the off game but I see him coming ot next game pissed off like no one ever before can i say 30 points 20 assists!
Old 2007-05-13, 10:23   Link #220
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Nash played bad, but damn watching that game pissed me off. Nothing to worry about yet, they just have to get the next one.