AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 13 9.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 9.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 8.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.73%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 17.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-01, 00:48   Link #41
Alchemist007
*Author

I just sped through all the manga to date...wow, read it people!
Old 2009-04-01, 01:04   Link #42
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by libba View Post
I actually liked that spotlight -- usually girls in shounen are:

Spoiler:
So true it's sad!

Why cant there be more anime with dominant female roles
Old 2009-04-01, 01:26   Link #43
ragweed
woah woah!

i liked it

i think it made me like maka a little more actually, even if it was kinda lame she got all the glory at the end
Old 2009-04-01, 01:56   Link #44
Haladflire65
*Artist

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-01, 02:14   Link #45
battyBoy

It is an episode to reflect, is not as simple as it seems. We must see what the final message well with respect to the fabric of the entire anime.
Old 2009-04-01, 02:39   Link #46
EoT
~~

Despite the corny ending I liked the episode but seriously a punch?
Old 2009-04-01, 04:01   Link #47
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Oh geez, I didn't expect Soul Eater to get all existential on us all of a sudden. The whole struggle against the Kishin became a huge metaphor of the human condition in the end. The ending felt all weird and trippy, considering it was still all high-octane and funky last week. A lot more fun to watch than to think about.
Old 2009-04-01, 07:47   Link #48
solomon

ok so the conclusion WAS underwhelming. But I don't think it was banal, it was classic shonen logic anyways.

After all remember the name of the ep: The Password is COURAGE!
Old 2009-04-01, 09:35   Link #49
Chase

Episode 50:
Hmmm i kinda didn't expect it to end that way and im kinda disappointed with it as well. Maka a weapon? ahhh come on, no Bones. Oh well, another anime gone. You can tell the quality of the show dropped a lot when they cut off from the manga. Ive never read the manga and i could tell. Im going to start reading the manga now that the anime is done.

Series Overall:8.5
Having not read the manga, everything's original to me so i was thrilled with the anime in a lot of aspects. The last 13 episodes or so kinda was a let down tho it had its moments. Before then, the anime was a 9.5, which you could really tell the difference even if you never read the manga. It's was worth watching. I just wish it was done better towards the end
Battlefield 4
Old 2009-04-01, 09:37   Link #50
Taken

This episode reminds me of the omake about the authors at the end of Book 13 of Souleater. In summary, the authors got into a fight, knocked out Ohkubo (chief author) and decided to come out with their own story. That story reminds me of the last arc. In the end, Ohkubo got up and burn the script calling it rubbish . I now understand what that omake is trying to say.

While some might love Souleater the anime, I think I can see a remake in 5 or so years time. A darker, funnier and more stylish one I hope. And yup go read the manga, I think you might be able to appreciate Maka more in the latest chapter.
Old 2009-04-01, 13:59   Link #51
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Truly it was interesting, but
Spoiler for MÖP:
Old 2009-04-01, 16:21   Link #52
Sezren
Inactive Member

This really was one of the lamest endings I have seen in some time.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-01, 17:20   Link #53
BigGimp77

Uggh... I think the up untill the last 10 or so episodes this was defiantly my favorite anime.

It had style, it had good action, it was funny. Overall I'm still pretty pleased with the series.

A rare miss with the BONES writing staff. Very cheesy, corny ending . Random power ups during the final battle... Meh. Maka turning into a weapon could be plausible, but you have to hint to it earlier in the series or it just comes out as "Well they got stuck and just through that in there." Also the Devil Hunter move makes no sense when like 10 episodes before it they couldn't even use the Demon hunter move.

Kids power up makes more sense because it's seen in the manga but if you dont explain why he suddenly unlocked this power it or what it did it just turns into a 'random power up that happens just to move the story.'

I read the manga after the show went to filler material, so I wouldn't say I'm biased towards the anime. I liked some of the scenes they made. The Stein going insane and leaving Shibusen was a very creative scene. The Black Star inside the Fey Blade scene was also done well.

I even thought that using the demon tools and Brew to move Shibusen made a ton of sense for the anime. Shinigami is the most powerful person in the anime paired up with the most powerful weapon take on the Kishin. Makes sense. Just have an enemy that Maka, Kid, and Black Star can fight and take on more realistically.

When you take the most powerful enemy and make him fight and lose to Maka, It's a stretch, and it comes out cheesy.

I didn't like the way they just kind of ignored Justin's fight and then randomly ended it whcih basically just screams "Ok we rushed the ending and didn't plan it out far enough so you don't get to see this fight." They should have left themselves more time for their anime-only material.
Old 2009-04-01, 18:01   Link #54
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

the fight was amazing but the way the kishin died was kinda weak im kinda disappointed in the ending...but i do hope maka gets her powers as a weapon in the manga
Old 2009-04-01, 18:29   Link #55
zerome

Can someone tell me when this show became an after school special?

"The Magic word is Courage" ??????? I am sorry but what the heck is that about.

How lame, corny, childish, is that I mean, I am seriously wondering where bones pulled that from. does anyone know? did the director all sudden take a crap and came up with this ending, not that he did. but really they could have done much better. This is seriously to much.

I freaking out! the world has lost meaning and the magical word "is courage".:e yespin:
Old 2009-04-01, 19:05   Link #56
Zek
Eyebrows...

Definitely a pretty bizarre finisher, and I didn't like how stupid they made Asura look in the end even if he is insane, but it's better than just finishing it with another powerup and a big glowy scythe attack like I was expecting.
Old 2009-04-01, 19:08   Link #57
Alchemist007
*Author

I hope they pull a FMA and redo it according to manga, that'd be cool to see sometime in the future.
Old 2009-04-01, 19:29   Link #58
JunkKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerome View Post
How lame, corny, childish, is that I mean, I am seriously wondering where bones pulled that from. does anyone know?
Agree 100%... when they all said "courage" didn't everyone hear the Sesame Street theme?? Tall about a Big Bird moment.

BONES kinda did this with FMA too, turning it all into a focus on brotherhood and the struggle to do the 'right' thing. They seem to luv the earnest, hard-working kids who are trying to figure out what the 'right' thing is.

As for remake- hahahahahahaha

The ONLY reason FMA is getting a remake is cuz its a sure-thing cash cow. That's why they keep making new anime things (movie, OVAs, ect).
Soul Eater doesn't even approach the rate of return and it never will. It's not as 'pretty', for starters.
Old 2009-04-01, 21:20   Link #59
motaku96
もたく

Spoiler for 51:

Last edited by motaku96; 2009-04-01 at 21:35.
Old 2009-04-01, 21:30   Link #60
Krishina
The beat of the SOUL

For the most part, I'm satisfied with the ending. It certainly didn't rock my world, and there were a few things I would rather have been different, but at least it didn't turn out to be exactly as I was expecting: Maka pulls out the shiny Kishin Hunter out of nowhere and kills Asura.

I really wish there'd been a bit more closure, though. A two-minute shot of the main characters staring off into space with their hair blowing in the wind didn't do much for me. Even a thirty-second epilogue during the credits would have been fine...come on, BONES. :/

Overall, however, I enjoyed this anime quite a bit, and it's sad to see it go. I just wish that the final fifteen or so episodes had been handled a little bit better.
Closed Thread