AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-21, 20:33   Link #1
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
[Manga] Akatsuki's War

[Manga] The Fourth Great Shinobi World War

A thread for all discussions about the current Great Shinobi War. Discussions about battles, the characters, tactics, who could die, who will become famous, other predictions, long term ramifications, etc, can all go here.

Overview:

With the official forming of the Allied Shinobi Forces, the Fourth Great Shinobi World War has finally kicked into high gear. First declared by Madara Uchiha during the Kage Summit, the war involves the Five Great Shinobi Nations and the Land of Iron. Their opponents are Akatsuki led by Madara Uchiha, Zetsu, Sasuke Uchiha, and their "ally" Kabuto Yakushi. Through Edo Tensei, Kabuto has brought back a number of famous shinobi to fight on his side. The objective of the war is to prevent the capture of the jinchuuriki Kirabi and Naruto Uzumaki. If both are captured, Madara will be able to complete his Eye of the Moon Plan. The plan involves fusing all the tailed beasts back into their original form, the Ten Tailed Beast(Jyuubi). Madara would then become jinchuuriki to the Jyuubi and use his new power to project his Mangekyo Sharingan onto the moon. Therefore creating an eternal genjutsu to enslave the world.

The characters that are participating.

Allied Shinobi Forces - Estimated Troop Strength: 80,000

Supreme Commander: A
Commander General: Gaara
Chief Strategist: Shikaku Nara

Surprise Attack Division
  • Captain: Kankuro
  • Main Members: Omoi, Sai
  • Others: Ittan, Tango, Zaji, Hoherto Hyuuga, Kiri
Logistical Support and Medical Division
  • Captain: Shizune
  • Main Members: Tonton
Intelligence Division
  • Captain: Inoichi Yamanaka
  • Main Members: Aoba Yamashiro, Tenga
Sensor Division
  • Captain: Ao
  • Main Members: C
First Division(Mid-Range)
  • General: Darui
  • Main Members: Tenten, Choza Akimichi, Hiashi Hyuuga, Samui, Atsui, Kotetsu, Izumo
Second Division(Short-Range)
  • General: Kitsuchi
  • Main Members: Neji Hyuuga, Kurotsuchi, Karui, Hinata Hyuuga
Third Division(Short and Mid-Range)
  • General: Kakashi Hatake
  • Main Members: Sakura Haruno, Rock Lee, Maito Gai
  • Others: Ensui Nara, Santa Yamanaka, Maki
Fourth Division(Long Range)
  • General: Gaara
  • Proxy General: Shikamaru Nara
  • Main Members: Temari, Choji Akimichi
Fifth Division(Special Operations)
  • General: Mifune
  • Main Members: Kiba Inuzuka, Hana Inuzuka, Shino Aburame, Ino Yamanaka
Kages
  • A the Raikage - Currently in Kumo
  • Tsunade the Hokage - Currently in Kumo
  • Oonoki the Tsuchikage - Supporting the Fourth Division
  • Mei Terumi the Mizukage - Protecting the Daimyo with Chojuro
Naruto and Kirabi are currently training inside Turtle Island now docked near Kumo. It appears the remaining Kages and their staff are guarding them while also helping run the war.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akatsuki

Madara's Forces - Estimated Troop Strength: 100,000

Madara Uchiha, Sasuke Uchiha, Zetsu, 100,000 Zetsu clones.

Kabuto's Forces - Estimated Troop Strength: Unknown

Former Akatsuki: Sasori, Deidara, Itachi Uchiha, Kakuzu, Nagato
Former Jinchuuriki: Yugito Nii(Two Tails), Yagura(Three Tails), Roshi(Four Tails), Han(Five Tails), Utakata(Six Tails), Fu(Seven Tails)
Former Kages: Fourth Kazekage(Father of Sand Sibs), Third Raikage(Father of A/Killer Bee), Muu the Second Tsuchikage, Second Mizukage
Former Famous Ninja: Asuma Sarutobi, Dan, Zabuza Momochi, Haku, Kimimaro, Chiyo, Hizashi Hyuuga, Shin, Hanzo, Chuukichi, Gari, Pakura and two unknowns, Ginkaku, Kinkaku
Former Mist Swordsmen: Ameyuri Ringo, Mangetsu Hoozuki, Jinin Akebino, Kushimaru Kuriarare. Jinpachi Munashi, Fuguki Suikazan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Battle
Akatsuki Surprise Attack and Diversion Platoon (Deidara, Sasori, Shin, Chuukichi) VS. Alliance Surprise Attack Division (Kankuro, Sai, Omoi)
Winner: Alliance Surprise Attack Division (Deidara is captured)

Second Battle
Zabuza, Haku, Paukra, Gari, 6 Mist Swordsmen vs. Third Division (Kakashi, Gai, Rock Lee, Sakura) and Alliance Surprise Attack Division (Sai, Omoi)
Sub battle #1: Kakashi, Ensui, Santa, Maki vs. Zabuza, Haku
Winner: Kakashi, Ensui, Santa, Maki (Zabuza and Haku are sealed)

Third Battle
20,000 Zetsu Clones vs. Second Division (Kitsuchi, Kurotsuchi, Neji, Hinata, Karui) and Fifth Division (Kiba, Hana, Shino)

Fourth Battle
Muu the Second Tsuchikage, Fourth Kazekage, Third Raikage, Second Mizukage vs. the Fourth Division (Gaara, Shikamaru, Temari, Choji)

Fifth Battle
Thousands of Zetsu Clones, Kakuzu, Asuma Sarutobi, Dan, Hizashi Hyuuga, Ginkaku, Kinkaku vs. First Division (Darui, Tenten, Hiashi Hyuuga, Choza Akimichi, Kotetsu, Izumo Samui, Atsui), Second Division (Kitsuchi, Kurotsuchi, Neji, Hinata, Karui), Fourth Division (Shikamaru, Choji) and Fifth Division (Ino)
Sub Battle #1: Darui, Samui, Atsui Shikamaru, Ino, Choji vs. Ginkaku, Kinkaku
Winner: Darui, Shikamaru, Ino, Choji (Kinkaku and Ginkaku are sealed)
Sub Battle #2: Shikamaru, Ino, Choji vs. Asuma
Winner: Shikamaru, Ino, Choji (Asuma is sealed)
Sub Battle #3: Darui, Kotetsu, Izumo vs. Kakuzu

Sixth Battle
Chiyo, Chuukichi, Hanzou, Kimimaro vs. Alliance Surprise Attack Division (Kankuro, Ittan, Tango, Zaji, Hoherto Hyuuga, Kiri), Fifth Division (Mifune)
Sub Battle #1: Mifune vs Hanzou
Winner: Mifune

Current Casualties Alliance: Muta Aburame, Torune Aburame, Fu, Samui, Atsui
Current Casualties Akatsuki: Kisame, Shin, Sasori, Kinkaku, Ginkaku, Hanzou, Asuma
Captured: Yamato, Anko Mitarashi, Deidara, Zabuza, Haku

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2011-04-07 at 02:41.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 20:53   Link #2
james0246

I don't like the Thread title. Can someone come up with a new title that is less conspicuous, but still contains the word "War"?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 21:57   Link #3
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
[Manga] Akatsuki's War.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 22:22   Link #4
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I hope Kishi gives three to five chapters a fight. I expect Kankuro vs. Sasori, Sai vs Shin, and Omoi/others vs. Deidara. The big question is what will the ending be? I don't think the Alliance can win the first battle. But would Kishi let Kankuro lose again to Sasori? Doesn't fit the next generation stuff. So I think they both have to retreat somehow. That's why I see one of three sacrificing himself so the others can escape.
Old 2010-11-21, 22:23   Link #5
james0246

Personally, I do not like how many of the younger Shinobi have key positions. Shikimaru, for example, is only a Chuunin, so I highly doubt any of the older more experienced (and higher ranked) Shinobi in his squad would be as willing to listen to his commands.
Old 2010-11-22, 00:20   Link #6
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Personally, I do not like how many of the younger Shinobi have key positions. Shikimaru, for example, is only a Chuunin, so I highly doubt any of the older more experienced (and higher ranked) Shinobi in his squad would be as willing to listen to his commands.
I'm not a huge fan of that statement.

Considering the fact that hundreds of people witnessed first hand the level of intelligence that Shikamaru displayed a few years back at the Chuunin exams, he has proven his intelligence.

Given the fact that age sometimes work against you in battle both physically and mental acuity, it should not come as a surprise that Shikamaru holds such a high ranking position.

However, I do question some of the other youthful leaders without pointing out names.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 01:42   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
I'm not a huge fan of that statement.

Considering the fact that hundreds of people witnessed first hand the level of intelligence that Shikamaru displayed a few years back at the Chuunin exams, he has proven his intelligence.
Making an informed decision in the midst of a controlled battle (where the likelihood of death is very distant) is nothing like actually being able to lead a battle and lead troops. At least if someone has attained the rank of Jounin others know that the individual has accomplished enough to warrant the rank and the responsibility that such a rank implies.

Shikimaru, for all his qualities, has never proven himself a leader, and only those that already know him actually listen to him. So, I find it very hard to believe that he has the command of an entire division (especially considering his father seems to be unassigned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
Given the fact that age sometimes work against you in battle both physically and mental acuity, it should not come as a surprise that Shikamaru holds such a high ranking position.
Why not? Are there no 20 year old Jounins in the entire 5 countries that specialize in long-range attacks now that Deidara is dead ?

Honestly, I think Shikimaru's position is simply for the fans. Personally, I would have been more satisfied if Temari was in charge, and she used Shikimaru as the brains (instead we get Kankuro in charge...). At least then a Jounin would be in charge, and Shikimaru would be doing what he does best: making plans and strategies.
Old 2010-11-22, 03:09   Link #8
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Well there were a lot of people who were upset the 16 year old Gaara was made General of the Armies. He has never shown any ability in tactics or strategy. And he has only led Suna for a very brief time. What qualified him for such a role? He also has as much experience with war as the rookies. It's a risky choice when you could have named the more intelligent and far more experienced Kakashi. Or Onoki. Or Shikaku Nara. But we already saw that this choice of Gaara will work out in the long run.

There is no getting around it. The rookies are going to shine. In our current battle we have an 18 year old leading, and two 17 year olds playing major roles. And this will be repeated for every division.

Quote:
Shikimaru, for all his qualities, has never proven himself a leader, and only those that already know him actually listen to him. So, I find it very hard to believe that he has the command of an entire division (especially considering his father seems to be unassigned).
It's pretty clear Shikamaru will win the trust of his troops, like Gaara did with his speech, and they will see the worth of having a Chessmaster with an over 200 I.Q. making the decisions. He was basically born for this role. Just like Rock Lee and Neji were born to tear apart the battlefield, Shikamaru was born to treat it like a shogi board.

Quote:
Personally, I would have been more satisfied if Temari was in charge, and she used Shikimaru as the brains (instead we get Kankuro in charge...). At least then a Jounin would be in charge, and Shikimaru would be doing what he does best: making plans and strategies.
At this point I don't think ranks mean much. I mean Naruto and Sasuke are still technically genin. Shikamaru seems more than qualified to be a jonin. Even the anime jokes about why he is not a jonin.

And despite being a jonin, Temari is much less qualified than Shikamaru to lead an army. I say that as her biggest fan. She is not as intelligent or as talented a strategist. Hell, she is not even as experienced since she never fought and defeated Akatsuki. So far her greatest contributation in Shippuden was saving a samurai from buring.

Shika might also be in charge for plot reasons. Temari might have requested Shikamaru be put in charge since I don't know how Gaara would have thought of that on his own. It's not he has any experience with Shikamaru like she does. She seems to enjoy pushing him.
Old 2010-11-22, 05:17   Link #9
Blaine

Where was it mentioned that the third raikage was A & B father?
Old 2010-11-22, 05:35   Link #10
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think the ranks actually mean much to the experienced shinobi. I mean it was a big deal in Part 1 but that was from the perspective of inexperienced genin. For them the chunin exams was a big deal. Now it's absolutely nothing.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 06:03   Link #11
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

^ I agree. In the first part we saw how much Jonin is stronger then genins (Kakshi vs Zabuza), and ranking was a big thing back then. But now we have genins who can shoot fire out of their eyes.

About the war I would like to see one on one fights while in background other ninja fights.

The only thing that I found disappointing is Zetsu clones. The whole talk between Naruto and Nagato is how Naruto will face the war and ninja hatred. But how can they face that hatred when they are fighting clones. I would have liked to see ninja vs ninja fights. Where when enemy ninja kills someone their family/friends want stop until they killed him and then the other side will want revenge to, creating the circle of hate. But you will not have this with fighting clones. In the end Naruto was supposed to find the answer to this, and become legendary ninja.
Old 2010-11-22, 12:06   Link #12
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
The only thing that I found disappointing is Zetsu clones. The whole talk between Naruto and Nagato is how Naruto will face the war and ninja hatred. But how can they face that hatred when they are fighting clones. I would have liked to see ninja vs ninja fights. Where when enemy ninja kills someone their family/friends want stop until they killed him and then the other side will want revenge to, creating the circle of hate. But you will not have this with fighting clones. In the end Naruto was supposed to find the answer to this, and become legendary ninja.
-I think Nagato was adressing the issue in the general terms/foreshadowing, rather than referring to Naruto specifically. He did state that Naruto's generation has yet to experience war as the current generation was born during a time of relative peace between the countires. Besides, you need to give Naruto time. The way I figure the circle of that ninja hatred will come in 2 forms for Naruto to defeat, the "physical villain" and the "invisible villain". The physical villain is the sole character that represents that hatred, a role easily filled by Madara or Sasuke. The invisible villain is something along the lines of Naruto having to reforge the trust between the alliance. We saw that they barely trusted each other and were not exactly on good terms with one another. Given how the situation of the war can easily turn for the worse, its not unjustified to believe the alliance's trust will be shaken. Hence, this is what Naruto needs to overcome.
Old 2010-11-22, 13:57   Link #13
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Is he really chuunin now, or maybe he got the jounin rank off-screen?
He won a 1on1 fight against Hidan and at the same time he defeated one of the Kakuzu's hearts. If the konoha council studied Kakashi's report on the mission they should definitely give him that title. Kakashi was much weaker when he got his jounin title, also Temari being jounin while Shika is only chuunin in this war would be awkward.

Everybody has the same outfit now, so for now Kishi can hide Shikamaru being a jounin if he wants to

I think Sasuke should not be listed among the alliance forces, and only white zetsu should be listed. It seems that Madara is hiding them from Kabuto, he fears that if Kabuto has a chance to take black zetsu or Sasuke he will betray Madara and escape from the battlefield just like he escaped from turtle island after capturing Yamato.
However Madara might deploy black zetsu and Sasuke in a far away place: to capture B and Naruto.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2010-11-22 at 14:10.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 15:30   Link #14
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
This war is BS. Everyone will fight as if it's some PvP online game. They will farm on NPC Zetsus and respawn when killed in the nearest town. I can almost see the game before my eyes next year on the stores.

Shounen and wars don't go along well. No war I can remember was about people being killed by the thousands and staying dead.

Oh well, at least there is Legend of Galactic Heroes to remind me of an era when such trivial things such as the tragedy of death meant something.

Botom line, I don't care.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 15:43   Link #15
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
No war I can remember was about people being killed by the thousands and staying dead.
-Kohta Hirano's Hellsing and now Drifters says "Hi". Also, Claymore, where you can expect all your favorites to die at the drop of a hat.
Old 2010-11-22, 15:47   Link #16
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Hellsing, ok, although it has to do with "revived" zombies and vampires in a way.
Drifters, I have no idea what it is.
Claymore has a war going on? I don't follow it anymore. Does it even count as shounen?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 16:36   Link #17
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Huh. Just noticed Mifune was put in charge of a squad of ninja. Yet he's a samurai. Shouldn't there be a samurai division or something?

Quote:
There's issues with doubt and mistrust among the alliance that have to be overcome just as much as the enemies. Even characters within the story realize that having young, inexperienced characters in position of authority during a war doesn't sound like a hot idea, like when Omoi question Kankurou's ability to lead given his age.

I agree with Dede that Shika being de facto leader of a squad that questions his strength and competence will end up being a plot point. He'll have to earn the respect of everyone (except Temari and Chouji) by proving to be an awesome strategist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Where was it mentioned that the third raikage was A & B father?
chp 494.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think Sasuke should not be listed among the alliance forces, and only white zetsu should be listed. It seems that Madara is hiding them from Kabuto, he fears that if Kabuto has a chance to take black zetsu or Sasuke he will betray Madara and escape from the battlefield just like he escaped from turtle island after capturing Yamato.
However Madara might deploy black zetsu and Sasuke in a far away place: to capture B and Naruto.
Officially, Sasuke allied himself with Madara. I think of him more as a wildcard though. He's going to do whatever he wants to do in the end. At least until Madara reveals how he plans to control him for Gedo Mazou.

I'm just wondering how Naruto's going to enter this war. I mean, it kind of sucks he's not in squad or anything. He has to be the loner type hero when everyone else is relying on teamwork.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 16:54   Link #18
Ero-Senn1n

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'm just wondering how Naruto's going to enter this war. I mean, it kind of sucks he's not in squad or anything. He has to be the loner type hero when everyone else is relying on teamwork.
He can't have teamwork with people so much weaker than him. He already told that when he was fighting Pain, and Shikaku confirmed that when lecturing Shikamaru. But now we have A and B and the old man who can carry islands, they are near Naruto's level so...

we know that Madara's goal is to capture the 2 demons, which means he can deploy Sasuke and Black Zetsu against the 4 kages+B+Naruto now, since they are far away from Kabuto's greedy eyes. And he can teleport to that location when Black-Zetsu signals him. At that point in time he can be sure that both the ninja army and Kabuto are too far away to mess with his plans. Then it's EMS and rinnegan against the 4 kages (i guess the kages want to hide B and Naruto). Also Gaara is conveniently not there, so Kishi can save Gaara's life that way
If we look at it this way that means that whoever is in the army is in a safe place and whoever is guarding Naruto and B is probably doomed
And of course the 4 kages will lose and B and Naruto will have to save the day somehow. I guess Kishi will again make it so that Sasuke does not kill people but Madara kills them, keeping Sasuke's hands clean is becoming a major plot hole
The other possible solution for that is revival in the end, so even if Sasuke kills all 4 kages they'll be revived and of course Sasuke's evilness forgotten
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 18:19   Link #19
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
He can't have teamwork with people so much weaker than him. He already told that when he was fighting Pain, and Shikaku confirmed that when lecturing Shikamaru.
That was definitely true against Pain. I don't think that's necessarily true in general. Afterall, Madara and Hashirama fought as part of armies even though they were leagues above any other shinobi. And during the gaiden Minato was leading Kakashi's team in the war, even though none of them came close to him in strength or skill. Granted, most of what we saw wasn't so much teamwork as it was Minato saving their asses.

Powerful ninja can still coordinate with weaker ninja, even in combat situations (Chiyo and Sakura are good example of that). Even though depending on the enemy, there's time where the weaker ones need to step aside.

Still I get your point and there's truth to it. I just don't like the fact that Naruto has become so disjointed from the rest of the story. He's always at least been part of a team in name, but now he's not really part of anything. Everyone's going to fight on the front lines while he stays behind. He doesn't even get a kickass flak jacket! Naruto's definitely going to enter the fray eventually, but he'll probably charge in like a hot-head as usual.

Quote:
And of course the 4 kages will lose and B and Naruto will have to save the day somehow.
Yeah, I think Sasuke will definitely end up confronting the Kages.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 19:00   Link #20
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
I think Sasuke should not be listed among the alliance forces, and only white zetsu should be listed.
Sauske is not a conscientious objector in this war. He was really the one who set off this war back at the Kage Summit. He is considered an enemy of the Five Great Ninja Nations and a world-wide criminal. He is really no different than Kabuto. Only following Madara until he betrays him for his own goals. But until he does, he should be counted on Madara's side. Personally I believe it will be Sasuke who will capture Kirabi, dealing a major blow to the Alliance. Kirabi has to die so Naruto is the last jin.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote