AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-30, 03:48   Link #441
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Both episodes 11 and 12 have been subbed. Go have your marathon of heartwarming goodness.
Old 2011-03-30, 07:46   Link #442
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Wonderful ending. Great that they managed to cram the first date into the credits as well.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 08:00   Link #443
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh my god. So many sparkles, bubbles and pentagons. These last three episodes have been perfect and have reignited my love for this series.
Old 2011-03-30, 10:07   Link #444
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Kurumi namba wan waifu! By far and away the most interesting and complex character of the series. And that's saying something coming from me, when I think her that over the likes of Chizuru... not to mention it was her in this episode that made be break my hiatus from this forum lol. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 10:25   Link #445
Echoes

Wonderful ending, I was genuinely moved.

What Kazehaya said at the very end really got to me. It wasn't anything revolutionary, in fact it was sort of cliched, but none of that matters when put in the context of this series and what the characters have been through to get to this point.

"[Being a girlfriend] is not a job; just be yourself."

I imagine that was exactly what Kuronuma needed to hear. Hopefully she takes it to heart.
Old 2011-03-30, 15:13   Link #446
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So how many anime only viewers want to read the manga?
Old 2011-03-30, 15:33   Link #447
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
^ I read up until where he asked her to go out with him, I don't remember which chapter it was at all, and now I want to read it. D:

My favorite scene was the one with Kurumi against the bitches. I always loved Kurumi, even if she's a bitch, she's not a bad person either. I've always understood her and I love the "rivals yet friends in a way" relationship her and Sawako had. There were many priceless moments that I laughed with, and everything was done perfectly for the grand finale. I doubt they'll make a season 3, but oh well. Great season overall, all this made the misunderstandings worth it.
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 18:44   Link #448
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Great way ending the series, didn't think they'd put in the date as well but there you go.

My highlights for these 2 eps:

Pin pushing away the "sparkly aura" - a great reflection on the shoujo stuff, I guess at some point the animator(s) for the bubbles and sparkles had to let off some steam

Chizu giving advice about unrequited love - That was a great way of remembering her mini arc from season 1 and as we've seen before she has come out of it stronger than before.

And finally, Yano breaking the "Everyone's Kazehaya Gang" with her little speech was a little awkward and thus actually made me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So how many anime only viewers want to read the manga?
Probably as every other manga reader I'd recommend picking up the manga after this. The character art is a tick better (I know I've mentioned that plenty times before) and most important to many people here is that as of yet there is no big drama in sight while at the same time it doesn't get boring yet either. Also, many questions I've already seen in this thread are either being answered or at least in development.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 19:18   Link #449
Texas84
よろしく

Actually thought the scene with Ryu and Chizuru was the best. Love those two!
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 19:20   Link #450
muncheez<3

Aww Kimi ni Todoke has finally met its last heart touching episode and I don't think they will make a 3rd season, however, I heard from a friend of mine that if profits on Kimi Ni todoke products are good then a 3rd season is possible but i don't know. I would certainly love to see more of Kimi ni Todoke however i felt that the producers made a good decision to stop the second season when they started going out such as that date and i just felt that it was a good closure for the series. Before, I honestly thought it should have ended when they confessed which was episode 10 however I take that back because not only did i thought they ended it well, we wouldn't have seen, by far of what i have read of the manga, Kurumi defending Sawako from those girls making Sawako feel guilty of doing something wrong (which she didn't) to gain Kazehaya's love in order to justify that Sawako did an ill-intended action to make Kazehaya like her. That scene reinforced my love for Kurumi and really showed how she matured. I love that part where Kazehaya was riding his bicycle and he looked so happy and adorable, especially since the animation is done by Production I.G which, in my opinion, makes it oh so much better eye candy for me :]. So if any of you guys are interested in reading the manga, I think it starts from either 46 or 47. I think the episode lightly touched on the date so chapter 46 is the chapter that covers the date. I love you Kazehaya and Sawako! :]
Old 2011-03-30, 22:23   Link #451
Jimbasushi

Send a message via AIM to Jimbasushi
Wow..what a great way to end the series...i haven't watched such a good love-slice of life anime in a long time. even though that was a great end in s2 i could still go for more in s3 if that ever happens hehehe ^___^
Jimbasushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 07:58   Link #452
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wish the scene where Ayane and Chizuru impersonated Sawako and Kazhaya had been longer. They were spot-on
Old 2011-03-31, 11:53   Link #453
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
both episode 11 and 12 were great.

LOL @ joe and some other dude acting out Shota confession scene with Sadako
Pin mentioning for marrying part in episode 11 was pretty funny, but how he took Shota when taking out the trash was = =;;
LOL@ Sadako "let me think about it" -> "let me fantasize about it"
I don't think I've seen so many girls cry in one episode, what a jerk shota.
Kurumi defends Sadako, but seeing her right now makes me sad.

WTF, Shota. Chizu takes Ryuu and lets you be with Sadako alone. What do you do? ride your bike and leave Sadako @ school. I wanted to punch his smiling face when he was riding that bike
Old 2011-04-01, 04:22   Link #454
Seta19

Wow... wonderful ending!!!! im so happy with it.. epic kyaaaaaaaaa
Seta19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 04:35   Link #455
ashe
くぽ!

great, great series with a fitting ending! it truly deserved its number one spot in the charts!
happy and sad that it has to end... guess i'll have to read the manga.
Old 2011-04-01, 05:44   Link #456
Field of Lilies

I predicted sometime earlier in the manga thread that they'd end the series with what they showed in episode 10, so let me first say that I've never been happier to be wrong The part before the credits was a good enough ending in and of itself, but to get to see the key scenes from the date chapter was definitely a real treat! I don't think we'll get a third season (but then again, weren't we saying that about a second season too?) but this was a great way to end the series. Season 1 was a brilliant adaptation of the manga, and season 2 is no different.

While the second season spent the majority of its run on angst and misunderstandings, the character growth resulting from it was really needed to make those last 4 episodes happen. I've seen plenty of people who dropped the series because the author "reset their relationship" at the start of the season, but she really didn't. Because of the 2 individuals involved, this was the only logical course the relationship could take to move forward. One can argue it was dragged out a tad too much, but it's necessity is beyond doubt as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
WTF, Shota. Chizu takes Ryuu and lets you be with Sadako alone. What do you do? ride your bike and leave Sadako @ school. I wanted to punch his smiling face when he was riding that bike
Easy with the violence now If you look at the scene just before that, you see them walking along the path next to the river (you don't see the water itself, but I'm 99% certain that's the place: it's the route they both take to and from school afterall). In other words, he did walk her home
Field of Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 08:18   Link #457
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
^ I read up until where he asked her to go out with him, I don't remember which chapter it was at all, and now I want to read it. D:.
Wow I stopped there too. It's because I couldn't wait for that segment to be animated and my brain would've probably exploded on Kyaaaíng on Sawako and Kazehaya.
Old 2011-04-01, 08:32   Link #458
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
excellent show and love the ending!!
4ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 08:47   Link #459
Tri-ring

Somehow I believe they will create an OVA based on my favorite episode, meet the family.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 03:24   Link #460
U<3Anime
Boo!

I was slightly disappointed when I thought I wouldn't get to see the date animated. However, when the credits started rolling, i was like NO WAAAYYYYY, OMG THEY MANAGED TO SQUEEZE IT IN? Oh my god, so gooood

yea, im a dude but i was like squealing like a fangirl. ._.

Tags
coming of age, romance, school life, shoujo