AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 22:50   Link #681
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 23:11   Link #682
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:

There's always someone stronger Though I suppose they would be considered 'bonus' bosses...

IMO, the worst bosses are the ones that actually give you hope that you could win... Then they go do something at the 30% hp mark that screws with your momentum
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 23:27   Link #683
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm not talking about their stats but their ability to screw things up based on their attack animation and such That boss seriously giving me a hard time because she hits hard and also hard to land hit into

Quote:
IMO, the worst bosses are the ones that actually give you hope that you could win... Then they go do something at the 30% hp mark that screws with your momentum
Like when a boss suddenly goes burst and do mystic artes? ;_;

Old 2012-04-15, 02:35   Link #684
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Like when a boss suddenly goes burst and do mystic artes? ;_;
Well not necessary, it's like when I was fighting the bonus dragon bosses or the Normal Arena Boss, I got them down to 30% then suddenly they got luck with one move and one-shot two of my teammates, sure I could life bottle them but almost immediately they get targeted again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

Question about equipment- in the Future arc, both Malik and Pascal get weapons that are just average in P. ATK and C. ATK, but have overwhelming number in ACC, yes I know what ACC is for but my question is it worth the rather sharp drop in the other two stats?

Actually, I might as well ask the same thing about EVA, is it worth a drop in the other two defenses?
Old 2012-04-15, 03:16   Link #685
Knightrunner

Who else reached the 10 floors where you have to battle a boss per floor?

Right now, I'm in the 10th floor, but I haven't seen the boss yet.
Old 2012-04-15, 10:38   Link #686
NoLongerSane

Lol, finally beat the Carta game to obtain all three titles for Sophie, Asbel and Cheria. Has anyone else had that many problems and frustrations just to beat that one mini-game?
Old 2012-04-15, 10:57   Link #687
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Lol, finally beat the Carta game to obtain all three titles for Sophie, Asbel and Cheria. Has anyone else had that many problems and frustrations just to beat that one mini-game?
*raise hand*

The first two were manageable, but the hard mode was freaking insane- It's like the NPC suddenly became psychic... In the end what I did was to pause the game repeatedly as soon as the quote was said while scanning for the card (by that point, I had more or less memorized all the cards...).

Totally worth the Rita costume on Cheria though (Ponytail moe) I used it the rest of the way till the Future Arc.
Old 2012-04-15, 10:58   Link #688
Zakoo

Don't go on the futur arc if you cry because of emeraude, the last boss there is so freaking amazing, aura, flower, amazing ulti.

But that's worth of it, the last image of Adult sophie (smiling !!!) is PERFECT.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 11:06   Link #689
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Don't go on the futur arc if you cry because of emeraude, the last boss there is so freaking amazing, aura, flower, amazing ulti.

But that's worth of it, the last image of Adult sophie (smiling !!!) is PERFECT.
Your last sentence is more than enough to make me keep going, my friend

Quote:
Where do I find the npc to play this card game?

Old 2012-04-15, 11:11   Link #690
Zakoo

Sable Izole.

What's the mode to get Sophie's title?
Old 2012-04-15, 11:30   Link #691
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That guy who teaches us how to play Carta? The card game in this game isn't like FF where you can pick random npc to play with you..right?

Old 2012-04-15, 11:41   Link #692
Zakoo

Yes it's him, you can't pick people like this, he is the only one playing with you ( or with your friends if you take mode versus)
Old 2012-04-15, 14:22   Link #693
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Sable Izole.

What's the mode to get Sophie's title?
Normal mode is Sophie's costume title.
Easy is for Asbel and Hard is for Cheria.

Now I'm just leveling up the titles and characters before I finish the game and go to start on the future arc.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:09   Link #694
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually cheated in the Carta Hard mode. I can do Easy and Normal, but I just couldn't do Hard even when I did it at 25 carta.

So what did I do? I took a picture and abused the heck of pause. So when they call out the beginning of the card, I immediately pause so I can check the picture to see where I go.

Well worth it though. Cheria in ponytail is nice change of pace.

Kurt for me was impossible to do in Hard under 60sec. Stupid reinforcements... pretty decent hp which means you can't focus them down quick enough, and if you ignore them they interrupt combos. So I had to beat him in moderate for the 60s title.

Oh well at least I gave him a good (if slow) beating in Chaos.

As for mastering titles, I dunno, I don't really have a problem with it. But then again, Chaos mode gives SP like theres no tomorrow, as pretty much everyone in my main party had the third Mastery title before I got the shuttle.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:23   Link #695
GDB

I cheated in Hard Mode too, but only after the computer cheated me. I'm sorry, but when they're only 2 words into the quote, "I hail...", and then it uses its super computer speed to zip across the screen and pinpointly slap the card... yeah. After that I said screw it because I had almost won without cheating, and then it cheated.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 17:13   Link #696
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I found the hardest fights those optional duels against your party members. Hubert was just beating me to hell for so long. Think I eventually snapped and seriously dropped the difficulty setting. I swear Hubert and Malik only stepped up their games when trying to beat me up . Thus any time the fights got hard later in the game I kept looking at them and asking why they were holding back so much .

I couldn't really bring myself to play the card game too much. Suppose I should have just given into cheating and that would have worked fine.
Old 2012-04-19, 21:37   Link #697
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

There's a trick to it, even to Chaos mode against the one on ones.

With Hubert, fighting him long range is foolish, since they come out so fast (even ones that have cast times) and your healing is almost non existent. Luckily it's easy to interrupt his regular attacks (especially with drawing your sword with O), and Infernal Torrentx2 into sheathing worked for me.

Malik, you HAVE to evade spectral chains (goddamit Malik why don't you near-instacast when you're on MY team?), else you're gibbed even if you block it. Luckily, side evade makes you nigh invulerable to it, but if you don't have CC, you're done for. Apart from that, he was like hubert. A bit easier I suppose (although admittedly more unforgiving), since this time I have enough CC to Infernal Torrent X2 into Void Sword, which auto-sheathes your weapon and does nice damage to boot.

Besides, you're supposed to lose once, as you get another skit for the rematch. XD

Now what I'm having problems is Master mode in the Arena. You have to beat the mask man ONE ON ONE? (regular mode you get your entire team) Where Mystic Artes are sure fire death in Chaos mode without All Divide (which you don't have access to in the arena)? Yeah, I'm stumped...

But goddamn Emeraude. Ever since I 'discovered' the half stat spellbooks (I didn't look at my spellbook list for a long time), I've been trying to beat bosses with them. Even with All Divide and the "50% damage reduction if damage is over 750 (500 with Cheria)", her Mystic Arte gibbed my party. Then again I guess I shoulda used more people in B mode... them all using relatively short attacks, I guess I was just ASKING for her to use it on me.

Will try again tomorrow. I know she's easy enough without the spellbook in Chaos mode (didn't even need All Divide), but I LOVE challenges.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 08:19   Link #698
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Does anyone have a list of the costumes I can get and their sidequests? Minus DLC.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 08:34   Link #699
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Does anyone have a list of the costumes I can get and their sidequests? Minus DLC.
'Formal' costumes - View a bunch of skits all over the map Half of them involve a fetch quest though

'Seaside' costumes - When you get the shuttle, scan for the beach resort and view the skit... Afterwards it's only a not so simple nor cheap task of hunting them down all over the desert

'Vesperia' costumes - Score a perfect win for each difficulty for the card game, only available for Asbel, Sophie and Cheria.

And I know you said minus DLC, but I can't help but bring up this sugoooooooooooiiii download contents costumes

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-04-20 at 08:53.
Old 2012-04-20, 13:20   Link #700
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Formal Costumes:

Sophie – Search at X:334 Y:180 to locate the Turtlez HQ. Talk to the Turtlez with the smiley over his head.

Malik - Investigate the yellow star at Bathus Citadel 6F.

Cheria - Get the Pearl Windthread located in Barona Castle (it’s in what appears to be a storage room. I can’t describe it better than that). Then go to Katz Korner (you have to feed all the cats in the cities) and talk to the one that runs the inn (you have to get an item off the Old Crazy Coot or w/e at his house to be able to interact with the cats). Turn the Pearl Windthread in to complete the request.

Asbel - Get the Ship Model, which is found in the Barona Catacombs where you fought the moths as a kid. Go to Lhant and turn it in to complete the request.

Hubert – Get the Liquisilk Fabric, found in Strahta Desert Ruins. Then go to Katz Korner and turn it in to complete the request.

Pascal - Go to East Strahta Desert (where the strong enemies are). Follow the path to the end; you should run into some machine enemies, which should lead to 2 fights.

Swimsuits:

As stated by Chaos2Frozen above, you have to locate the Beach Resort and the view the skit there before you searching at the below locations.

Asbel’s is located in a pot at Oul Raye (near the inn, I believe).

Cheria’s is located at Sable Izolle. You have to buy it from one of the vendors there for 100,000 gald.

Hubert’s is located inside the Rockgagong. Defeat the Felonfake to acquire it.

Malik’s is located in Yu Liberte. I think you need to talk to a NPC at the front gate to get it.

Sophie’s is located in the Straht Desert Ruins. Defeat the fire elemental in the room that was once flooded with water to acquire it.

Pascal’s is in the beginning area of the Sandshroud Ruins.

Like Chaos2Frozen said, you have to win the easy, normal, and hard modes of the Carta game at Sable Izolle to get the 3 Vesperia costumes.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-04-21 at 06:30.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, games, rpg