AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 01:03   Link #81
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I'm on NG+++++ and still fond of the game.
OMG lol you're that far? thats awesome, I still havent beaten the game, I havent played for a while (It wasn't a rage quite either) I've been busy =(
Old 2012-11-08, 14:26   Link #82
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

anybody ever clear this game? I just completed it recently and have to admit was kind of let down by the last boss (as tough as he was) and the end to the game. Everything up until then was probably the best gaming atmosphere/experience I have had.
Old 2012-11-10, 13:36   Link #83
Animejr

I picked this up for 20 bucks and the guide for 15. Excited to play this, the atmosphere looks great im just dreading the gamer rage lol
Animejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 02:42   Link #84
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHime View Post
OMG lol you're that far? thats awesome, I still havent beaten the game, I havent played for a while (It wasn't a rage quite either) I've been busy =(
Sicne then I've reached NG+++++++++ (that's NG+9 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
anybody ever clear this game? I just completed it recently and have to admit was kind of let down by the last boss (as tough as he was) and the end to the game. Everything up until then was probably the best gaming atmosphere/experience I have had.
But the greatest part of the game is immersing yourself in the lore! The last boss is just one piece of the entire puzzle you have to figure out on your own!
Old 2012-11-13, 04:07   Link #85
jedinat

Quote:
I played the game for a while on PS3 and got bored a ways in... Played it again with CHEATS when it came out on PC just to see the rest of the game. With infinite health the game is still harder than most games, lol. I died plenty of times just from falling and those dang instant death attacks. It still took like 20 hours to beat. lol. It definitely had an anticlimactic ending.

I loved Demon's Souls, but after playing through the whole of the sequel on PC... I rather dislike Dark Souls. Blame it on my use of a trainer if you want, which admittedly probably removes the driving force of the game... but I really didn't like the latter areas I visited in the game... and back when I played it legitimately on PS3 is just felt like Demon's Souls, but with differences sometimes worse and never better.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 18:07   Link #86
Animejr

I have demons souls i used no guide didnt get very far i got too frustrated. I loved the atmosphere wished it was slightly easier i would have loved it
Animejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 10:45   Link #87
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

What weapon (if any) if you guys pick to the bitter end? I used a Dark Knight great sword/great axe to the end depending what mood I was in.
Old 2012-11-15, 19:17   Link #88
Asuras
Dictadere~!

BK Greataxe for me as well. Dat power.
Old 2012-11-19, 13:10   Link #89
Mayushii

Quote:
Really? I thought the last boss was great. The music is what makes that whole fight and if you know the backstory of Gwyn and what happened then it just makes it that little bit more epic. The envrionment is stunning and atmospheric as well :P
You'd expect something else for a final boss fight, but instead you get just a piano playing this sort of haunting tune. Music gives off emotions that words just can't.
Mayushii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 14:38   Link #90
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayushii View Post
Really? I thought the last boss was great. The music is what makes that whole fight and if you know the backstory of Gwyn and what happened then it just makes it that little bit more epic. The envrionment is stunning and atmospheric as well :P
You'd expect something else for a final boss fight, but instead you get just a piano playing this sort of haunting tune. Music gives off emotions that words just can't.
No totally I loved the music I don't know I just found him...easy or maybe I was just over levelled at the time or had the right gear to deal with him.

Anyone played the new content version of dark souls, I haven't got round to it yet and want to know if its worth checking it out?
Old 2012-11-19, 14:46   Link #91
Mayushii

Quote:
No totally I loved the music I don't know I just found him...easy or maybe I was just over levelled at the time or had the right gear to deal with him.

Anyone played the new content version of dark souls, I haven't got round to it yet and want to know if its worth checking it out?
Hmm possibly, he gave me a lot of trouble trying to melee him with my claymore >_<
Also, I've played bits and pieces of the new content. Haven't finished all of it yet but if you love Dark Souls then it's probably worth it
Mayushii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 00:02   Link #92
Asuras
Dictadere~!

New content is actually much harder than I made it out to be, especially the final boss of the main DLC storyline. Don't even get me started on how difficult the side-boss is.
Old 2013-07-15, 14:32   Link #93
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Game was 8$ on Steam few days ago.
It might appear on Flash or Daily again!

And yes, definitely an unique experience that few games can offer.
Old 2013-07-15, 16:40   Link #94
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think the really addictive part about Dark Souls, for me at least, is building all those characters that you want to try out Doesn't matter if they're not 'optimal'...

Ornstein anyone ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 19:58   Link #95
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think the really addictive part about Dark Souls, for me at least, is building all those characters that you want to try out Doesn't matter if they're not 'optimal'...

Ornstein anyone ?
I have to agree with you right now i'm trying to create a Halberd wielding class (don't have a name for it yet, also i'm usually a sword guy) and am having fun doing just that the only problem I have with the game is the broken PvP, seriously everyone that I fight either seems to use instant transmission and teleport to my back and backstab me (seriously wtf) or high level people invade me every, single, time. Demon's Souls is still the better of the two in my opinion, better co-op and PvP (BP Hunting was awesome).
Old 2013-07-16, 08:23   Link #96
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Just beat the game last night!
Loved the Final Boss, nothing is better than old fashioned sword duels.
Old 2013-07-16, 08:39   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The final boss is parryable
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 19:13   Link #98
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

So who plays this on PC? I need some friends
Old 2013-12-24, 21:38   Link #99
SMT
*Artist

I am actually playing this game for some time now (PC), totally amazing game and love the online aspects of it. Some really great ideas went into the concept of this game and it's pretty much a perfect mix of singleplayer and online mode.
The Story is masterfully written in a very hidden way, through item description and stuff. Really like this way of telling stories, It's more like old fashioned storytelling when people exchange them at "bonfires". (It's what the dev actually wanted to accomplish as far as I know and it works very well)

In some ways it reminds me of a Zelda that is actually challenging.
It's finally a difficuilt game for once, I'm so tired of all those boring "hold my hands"-games, no challenge at all.

The community of this game is really great and not just for fixing the pc game but I really like the honor fights, I've been facing some respectful people which I actually miss in many online games these days.

If anyone wants to do some jolly cooperation just ask me.

Last edited by SMT; 2013-12-24 at 21:49.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 11:30   Link #100
SidVicious
Anime addict

Dark Souls Remastered for the PS4, Xbox One X, PC and Nintendo Switch.

Tags
demon's souls sequel, from software, king's field sequel