AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 16:34   Link #461
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, parents in harem or romance anime exist for things such as comic relief or moe factor, the end They never do anything in those kinds of anime, but most of the time, they're just not there

And you seriously think the parents would object?
Old 2007-01-24, 12:49   Link #462
hoon
7ON

Finally got around to finishing 2nd season after putting it off for so long. What can I say? I always loved the cast of characters in the first season.

Spoiler:

I'm sad that it's ended. Has there been any hints to D.C.II being animitizeded?
hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 22:04   Link #463
Gaara133
You damn midget!

Da Capo!

Does anyone know if there is going to be a possible 3rd season of Da Capo? I loved the series but it left me wanting more. Oh ya how about another Ichigo 100% I love that one too, any possible seasons of that?
Gaara133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 23:56   Link #464
DanielSong39

There will be no 3rd season of Da Capo, but D.C. II (with a new set of characters) will likely be released in the next year or two.

My guess is that ZEXCS will take on the project, after they finish Mamoru-kun - perhaps in Spring 2008. But this is just wild speculation on my part.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 15:05   Link #465
Gaara133
You damn midget!

When you say DC II is that different from DCSS? Thanks for the info btw.
Old 2007-03-19, 15:27   Link #466
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara133 View Post
When you say DC II is that different from DCSS?
Well, it's based on a new game with all new characters (set 53 years in the future). See this thread for more info. Basically it's like this:

Da Capo 1 game (2002) --> Da Capo (2003) & Da Capo Second Season (2005) anime series

Da Capo 2 game (2006) --> Speculated Future Da Capo 2 anime series (2007/2008?)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 15:32   Link #467
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara133
When you say DC II is that different from DCSS? Thanks for the info btw.
DCII is a completely new game, featuring the descendants of the DC cast, and is set 53 years in the future. There are twin girls going by the name of Asakura, a cute redhead named Nanaka Shirakawa who looks a lot like Kotori, etc..

Suffice to say I'm hoping for an anime

edit: damn you relentless
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 15:50   Link #468
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow what a coincidence for this thread to pop up

just finnished this series the other day and i have to say it was pretty solid...which is somewat unusual for this genre type

so in the end jun gets nemu...which was dam predictable...but im pretty disappointed that the other girls didnt put up much of a fight...i had high hopes that moe senpai would pop up but alas it wasnt to be (actually i figured that there was no way so im living in my own fantasy...)

imo kotori should have pushed a bit harder...seeing the first few eps of the series i thought she had a lot of chance to get jun with nemu "dead"...but she comes back *shakes fist*

and the second shock was seeing sakura come back...and yet she still hasnt grown (still harboring some love for jun i see...) ~ all of the side characters acted as supporting roles for both of the main stars which made most of the eps seem pretty episodic...

and the main trouble maker of the series...aisia...

bless her soul tbh...trying to make everyone happy with her magic but she doesnt realize how naive she was acting...she needed to understand that everyone was already happy with the situation and she did the really hard way...

and the 3rd shock came from the marriage...now that really tied the knot to the point of no return...yet the both never regreted it...just proves that they arre destined couples which i have no complaint about...just comiserations to all the other girls >.<

overall i quite likes this sequal and even tho at times it seemed pointless it is worth an 8/10 in my books

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 16:01   Link #469
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Suffice to say I'm hoping for an anime
Heh, i remember the huge talk that came about that hoping to happen a while ago --- it was probably around the same time of the games official release. But yeah, still waiting for some official news about it.

& seriously, if the musical score isn't by you know who, heads shall be rolling.
Old 2007-03-19, 16:28   Link #470
DanielSong39

No guarantees, but the most likely scenario is that Hikaru Nanase will reprise her role as the composer.

Every studio has its own strengths, and I think D.C. II should be right up ZEXCS's alley.
Old 2007-03-19, 18:45   Link #471
Gaara133
You damn midget!

lol another question. Everyone keeps talking about these games, just what are they?
Old 2007-03-19, 19:09   Link #472
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara133 View Post
lol another question. Everyone keeps talking about these games, just what are they?
They're Japanese visual novels; they're like illustrated, voice-acted books set to music that you read on the computer. In the games, you get to make choices that determine how the story turns out (think "choose-your-own-adventure" books); the choices you make in this case determine which of the female characters the main character (in this case, Junichi) falls in love with and ends up dating. The original game also contained sex scenes for each character in the latter part of the game, but they were later removed when the game was released as an "all-ages" game on the PS2, since the story was strong enough that it didn't need them to stand on its own. There are many anime shows released in the last 5 years based on visual novels. There's a pretty decent article on Wikipedia about it, if you want to learn more.
Old 2007-05-30, 01:02   Link #473
crimmy88

Ah great series and a nice way to give closure. Anyone here really surprised when Jun kissed Nemu? That really shocked me especially the words he said to her =o The wedding was a surprise too since well Jun is like..only a highschooler -_- I was really glad that Jun didnt forget about Aisia afterall too.. =)

Oh and one thing that bothered me was...how the hell do they support themselves o_o none of 'em do work >_>

EDIT: After reading around 10+ pages of debating, I really applaud relentlessflame for clarifying the points told by Da Capo (Kotori's action during the end of the anime; Aisia's realization that not everyone can be happy; JunxNemu's love story giving us a glimpse of true love) *at least those are the ones that i picked up from your posts...there are probably more but i already forgot since i read too many X_X*

Last edited by crimmy88; 2007-05-30 at 05:56. Reason: eeediiit
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 21:18   Link #474
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
Ah great series and a nice way to give closure. Anyone here really surprised when Jun kissed Nemu? That really shocked me especially the words he said to her =o The wedding was a surprise too since well Jun is like..only a highschooler -_- I was really glad that Jun didnt forget about Aisia afterall too.. =)

Oh and one thing that bothered me was...how the hell do they support themselves o_o none of 'em do work >_>
Well, I think it was implied that there was some sort of little time jump at the end of the anime. I'm not sure how long, but it was definitely at least a "season" later. So who knows... we can probably assume that this was once high school was over; Nemu probably would have gotten a job as a nurse, and who knows what sort of work Junichi could do. But yeah, they haven't had too much trouble supporting themselves until now (unseen rich parents who always live and work abroad and just send money), so who knows.

And, well, I'm glad I helped clarify things. To be honest, I don't remember all the points I touched on back then either, not to mention that the great forum wipe ate most of them. But yeah, those were the days...
Old 2007-05-31, 18:38   Link #475
Hasako
The Reaper of Misery

Is it true

Hey can any1 verify for me are they really making a sequel to Da Capo second season? because i loved that show one of my favorite anime even beating out fate stay night
Hasako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 21:30   Link #476
crimmy88

Yep! theyre making another Da Capo called "Da Capo II" which is set 53 years after the events of DCSS..
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 22:23   Link #477
Hasako
The Reaper of Misery

Wow

Yay i cant wait.......so when does it come out
Hasako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 22:54   Link #478
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasako View Post
so when does it come out
It hasn't been announced, but probably in the Fall or maybe the Winter of this year. Check out the D.C. II anime thread for the discussion already in progress about it.
Old 2007-06-01, 02:43   Link #479
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post

EDIT: After reading around 10+ pages of debating, I really applaud relentlessflame for clarifying the points told by Da Capo (Kotori's action during the end of the anime; Aisia's realization that not everyone can be happy; JunxNemu's love story giving us a glimpse of true love) *at least those are the ones that i picked up from your posts...there are probably more but i already forgot since i read too many X_X*
My guess is that Jyunichi waited until at least after high school before marrying Nemu. But hey, those girls at Hatsune-jima work fast...
Spoiler for Some examples::
Old 2007-06-01, 02:58   Link #480
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Remember, Jyunichi and Sakura promised to become lovers at 8, and Jyunichi and Nemu went all the way at the age of 14...
... Eh? My memory might be fuzzy, but i sure don't recall Nemu and Jun going all the way in the anime, especially that early.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen