AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 16:40   Link #301
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I know... all the otome adaptations end up in disappointment (Hiiro no Kakera being the exception and UtaPri because it's so hilariously ridiculous).

I wanted an Ukyo ending, especially because of this scene which didn't appear in the anime:
Spoiler for Ukyo good ending:

The only highlights of the anime for me were the OP/ED, the visuals and Kent episode. The idea of Heroine going through different worlds and animating parts of all the routes is good on paper but in the end it didn't save it from being boring.

At least the next otome adaptation, Diabolik Lovers, is one which you can't take seriously due to all the sick stuff that's going to be there.
There's still BroCon
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 16:51   Link #302
melina_putri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
There's still BroCon
Actually I would categorized BroCon as Shoujo (not otome adaptation) because the original source is the LN, not the game.

It seems you also forgot UtaPri 2nd season which is going to start airing next week, I wonder how they're going to do it this time... They removed the romance parts in the 1st season and make it a full-blown idol show instead.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 17:05   Link #303
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post
Actually I would categorized BroCon as Shoujo (not otome adaptation) because the original source is the LN, not the game.

It seems you also forgot UtaPri 2nd season which is going to start airing next week, I wonder how they're going to do it this time... They removed the romance parts in the 1st season and make it a full-blown idol show instead.
The yaoi fangirls will rage if they put Haruka with any of the guys it would ruin their yaoi fantasies
Old 2013-03-26, 17:27   Link #304
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ok ending. At least they didn't leave any loose ends and properly explained everything.

Very mediocre show overall. It could have been a lot better if they had given the heroine a personality, or if Orion hadn't been missing for a major chunk of the series.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:56   Link #305
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post

Totally forgot about BroCon but the story doesn't really attract me (haven't played the game, read the LN or read the manga).

I have no problem with UtaPri being an idol show and not focusing on the romance, as long as there isn't too much drama and the comedy of the previous season maintains I'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
WAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHY CAN'T WE HAVE AN ENDING LIKE THAT!?
You can always think that Heroine chose Ukyo and the reunion happens (I mean it was her original world and the guy literally died for her countless times)
Old 2013-03-26, 22:14   Link #306
Random32
Also a Lolicon

The last arc felt a bit rushed, but I was satisfied with the ending. Actually, the entire series felt a bit rushed in retrospect. Cramming all the arcs into a 13ep anime doesn't work too well, especially with this many arcs.

Anyways, 7.5 out of 10. I genuinely enjoyed it, sad that it seems like I'm the minority here. There is a lot of room for improvement in pacing though, but the art style was really interesting.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 22:07   Link #307
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

4/10 this was just so painful to watch with that stupid girl just look so confused and saying umm all the time but there was some good times like when she was lock in that cage
Old 2013-03-27, 22:48   Link #308
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Not very satisfied with the ending, but at the very least they don't leave things hanging.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 23:41   Link #309
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Amnesia. Last impressions.

I'm still confused about the explanation they offered in the last episode.

Spoiler:

Pretty bland and flat explanations, although what I disliked the most about the final episode was that Orion's role to interact with the Heroine was expanded out of the blue, or that's what I felt. For almost the entire series he was left either in limbo or at the sidelines that pretty much I wouldn't mind whether he was or not in the picture.
After this last episode's climax he suddenly casted into the spotlight after Ukyo's wish got granted, Neill got back its powers, and the mystery was finally solved; that was some sort of a cop out to me.

Last Thoughts
Four months ago, I picked up this title out of a whim because this season didn't have any interesting choice to offer me.

This is not the first time watching this type of shows adapted from visual novel, otome games; my experience goes back about eight years ago when I first enjoyed Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de Hachiyoushou and the Angelique series.

Amnesia is plainly straightforward with a not pretentious heroine that can't do much about herself unless she's encouraged by an outsider force or braves herself to board the danger once the circumstances become extreme enough to push her.

Unlike most of you, I did not find the Heroine stupid with her behavior, personality traits, and quirks. However, I do not deny that she's below average for a protagonist character.
Spoiler:

At the end, I think that show deals most about the unknown entity experiencing before hand the everyday situations and relationship through the Heroine, as she is interacting with that current world and its inhabitants.

A pretty below average, so it gets a 58% score from my part and is the first anime finished for the 2013 winter season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 00:13   Link #310
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Unlike most of you, I did not find the Heroine stupid with her behavior, personality traits, and quirks. However, I do not deny that she's below average for a protagonist character.
I don't hate her myself its just that the anime made her dumber than she was in the game
Old 2013-03-28, 00:31   Link #311
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 02:51   Link #312
novalysis

Amnesia had a very interesting premise, a very engaging companion... and a very passive, almost personality-free protagonist. In other words, a disappointment, with one of the most unwatchably painfully dull protagonist that I've seen this year. Was this written by a misogynistic male?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 02:58   Link #313
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Amnesia had a very interesting premise, a very engaging companion... and a very passive, almost personality-free protagonist. In other words, a disappointment, with one of the most unwatchably painfully dull protagonist that I've seen this year. Was this written by a misogynistic male?
Its because the protagonist doesn't have any lines in the game except the choices. She only really became proactive in the 2nd game
Old 2013-03-29, 07:57   Link #314
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

There's not much that I can say for this series other than the fact that it probably has the dumbest protagonist I have ever seen, and that's the fault of whoever was in charge of writing. If they weren't going to bother to stick too closely to the game in the first place, then why couldn't they make it so that the protagonist had a notable development in her personality as things went along? I understand she has amnesia and therefore won't have all her lights on upstairs. However, just for basic viewer enjoyment (and to make things more believable, imo), she needed to change in SOME significant and justifiable way.

To be honest, I think I literally ONLY watched this series for all of the music and the attractive character designs. Great OP, nice ED, and decent BGM. Everything else? Almost painful to sit through. If I wanted to watch someone else play the game, I would've just bought it and played it myself.

I give the series a 3/10.
Old 2013-03-29, 10:58   Link #315
Kakkou
Tch.

Stupid show with an even stupider heroine. I still need to go back and finish Ikki and Kent's episodes for the sake of completion but I'll be doing so only when I need something playing in the background while I do other things.

I'll just tell myself that based on the ending montage and the open ended choice of which world she chose, Deer-chan used her knowledge of each guy's route to date all of them at once and string them along like puppets, building her very own harem. That whore. Still sounds way more interesting that what she really is.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 19:49   Link #316
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I'll just tell myself that based on the ending montage and the open ended choice of which world she chose, Deer-chan used her knowledge of each guy's route to date all of them at once and string them along like puppets, building her very own harem. That whore. Still sounds way more interesting that what she really is.
Deer-chan? That's a new one... Deer-chan/MC-chan/Eto-chan/Ano-chan has more nicknames than she has unique lines of dialogue. But yeah, that's definitely how I'm choosing to interpret the ending montage as well.

I'm in the same lonely camp as Random when it comes to finding the show genuinely enjoyable. I found the series mellow and relaxing, not boring. I do wish that there was some kind of flashback showing what MCDeerEtoAno-chan's personality was like pre-amnesia, though, to help justify why so many guys should fall so deeply in love with her. Normally I would assume that it's simply the magic of a harem protagonist at work (Ichika from Infinite Stratos is slightly more intelligent than a brick but falls just shy of a dung beetle, but he's still a chick magnet because he's so pretty), but since it's stated a number of times that she had a strong personality before her memory wipe, it would've been nice to get to see it.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 22:41   Link #317
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Deer-chan? That's a new one... Deer-chan/MC-chan/Eto-chan/Ano-chan has more nicknames than she has unique lines of dialogue. But yeah, that's definitely how I'm choosing to interpret the ending montage as well.
I've been calling her that ever since I made a joke about her being a deer in headlights and the show seemingly kept adding fuel to it.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:08   Link #318
AmericanFairy

I must be in the minority because I really liked this show. Well, the Toma arc was a bit disturbing, but other than that it certainly succeeded in keeping my attention. However, the ending of the series left me with a "WTF?!" kind of feeling. I do not like when my favorite shows end with cliffhangers. Unless, they're already making plans for a second season. Then I suppose that the writers can be forgiven.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 10:18   Link #319
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFairy View Post
I must be in the minority because I really liked this show. Well, the Toma arc was a bit disturbing, but other than that it certainly succeeded in keeping my attention. However, the ending of the series left me with a "WTF?!" kind of feeling. I do not like when my favorite shows end with cliffhangers. Unless, they're already making plans for a second season. Then I suppose that the writers can be forgiven.
*hifive*

There is more content to animate, but I haven't read/played the source or any of its sequels, so I can't say whether they can make a sequel to it or not. Hoping for one anyways though.

As for the ending. I think it tied things up pretty well, sure it was left open, but I don't think there were any big things left dangling.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 05:23   Link #320
ginger02

Currently on episode 9. It's been kinda confusing and slow so far, and the random disappearance of Orion didn't help. However, I found this episode to be the best yet, and Toma to be an intriguing character.

The episode had me in tons of suspense over what was going on and happening, and what Toma really wanted. It's kinda sad someone so seemingly sweet was like that, but it displays the good and bad in people. Though in Toma's case, it's used as an extreme example.

A point this episode makes is that you can't always shield someone or protect them, and that's okay since people are supposed to feel pain. They are supposed to get hurt. It's part of life and learning and growing and loving. If someone tries too hard to protect another, it can end up hurting them more.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo