AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-16, 15:59   Link #2021
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ I thought the forum had that option, but I digress. Anyway, does the arc look like it's coming to an end in the next 2 or 3 chapters?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 17:07   Link #2022
Milk-Bone

What's that? You'd like someone to steer this thread back to the important things in life? I will do that, and you're welcome, though by the time I'm finished, you may wish you hadn't asked!

Okay so, a friend and I talked about this chapter until 4 AM last night, and I think we have achieved the impossible: we have made this chapter even more confusing, and we surely have a bright future writing income tax forms. No actually, I think we can explain at least one thing. So let me take you back to Chapters 68-69.
Spoiler for Spoilers and Speculation on 79:

Last edited by Milk-Bone; 2010-10-16 at 20:14. Reason: I am incoherent with excitement. And Benadryl.
Milk-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 18:51   Link #2023
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

Moving on now.

Spoiler for Chapter 79:
Old 2010-10-16, 19:06   Link #2024
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yes! Now we're getting back to business.
Old 2010-10-16, 19:18   Link #2025
Homura7

Hey, nenena, I think you should add this in your blog recap now the chapter is translated:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 19:39   Link #2026
nenena2
new account

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Hey, nenena, I think you should add this in your blog recap now the chapter is translated:

Spoiler for spoiler:
*pat pat*

'Sokay, I already said that *spoiler* was an illusion and that Enrique was suspiciously absent from the chapter. Stated three times over, in fact. But I thought you didn't read my posts?
nenena2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 20:16   Link #2027
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenena2 View Post
*pat pat*

'Sokay, I already said that *spoiler* was an illusion and that Enrique was suspiciously absent from the chapter. Stated three times over, in fact. But I thought you didn't read my posts?
Wait, so you made another recap about the actual raw?

Anyways, Kid's reaction pretty much confirms the suspicions.
Old 2010-10-16, 20:47   Link #2028
blewin

great, the kids are out of the Book of Eibon, and they're going to fight Noah next!! The only thing I don't like about this latest chapter is how quickly the teachers got pwned (in barely 1 chapter). They didn't even get to fight. Come on! They're the teachers. They can't be that bad at combat? This makes little sense.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 20:48   Link #2029
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Pretty bad-ass chapter, though I highly doubt Tezca is dead. His wielder is nowhere in sight, and it seems odd that he led the way into enemy territory.

Stein didn't once use his soul abilities, and Marie didn't show any of the speed we have previously seen from her, so I'm inclined to believe there is something fishy going on here.
Old 2010-10-16, 22:19   Link #2030
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
great, the kids are out of the Book of Eibon, and they're going to fight Noah next!! The only thing I don't like about this latest chapter is how quickly the teachers got pwned (in barely 1 chapter). They didn't even get to fight. Come on! They're the teachers. They can't be that bad at combat? This makes little sense.
I agree with you there. They should have put up a much, much, much better fight. The second Tezca died, the weapons should have transformed and went into their tech's hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Stein didn't once use his soul abilities, and Marie didn't show any of the speed we have previously seen from her, so I'm inclined to believe there is something fishy going on here.
Nothing fishy. The kids are the stars, so they have to shine!
Old 2010-10-16, 22:21   Link #2031
ellifeedn
Thinker

My only question is: wtf was the point of the goo?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 23:38   Link #2032
orangejuicetang

Hmm, but those do look like the same exact worms as the worm that oneshot pwned Mosquito even after he transformed back to his form from 800 years ago.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 02:33   Link #2033
Excorsism

So what exactly are the conditions for Kidd's Sanzu lines to connect? I always thought the middle one was permanently connected after the Brew upgrade but I realized that wasn't the case.
Old 2010-10-17, 05:43   Link #2034
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
My only question is: wtf was the point of the goo?
The Goo was testing Kid in order to see if he would follow the same path his father followed and that lead to the birth of Ashura. Had he still thought about the nothingness as the pinacle of simmetry, Kid would have lost himself, but fortunately...

The Goo of Power also has hinted some day the former Goo will be replaced by the Goo of the new era, and referred to Kid and Black*Star as the ultimate 'Order' and 'Power'.

So place your bets about who'll become the new 'Knowledge', 'Rage' and 'Terror'.
Old 2010-10-17, 09:37   Link #2035
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
So place your bets about who'll become the new 'Knowledge', 'Rage' and 'Terror'.
Since you mentioned it, Crona was the next Terror before we even heard about the 'types of madness' thing, and everyone thinks Maka will be Knowledge. Which just leaves Rage....

By the way, maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't it mentioned that there were eight types of madness total? If I'm not delusional, any guesses as to what the other three are?

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 09:40   Link #2036
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

Quote:
The Goo was testing Kid in order to see if he would follow the same path his father followed and that lead to the birth of Ashura. Had he still thought about the nothingness as the pinacle of simmetry, Kid would have lost himself, but fortunately...

The Goo of Power also has hinted some day the former Goo will be replaced by the Goo of the new era, and referred to Kid and Black*Star as the ultimate 'Order' and 'Power'.

I'm sticking by my old theory that Eibon corresponds to knowledge.

That leaves Asura and Excalibur for Rage and Terror.

I think Asura could go either way, but is Excalibur the embodiment of Rage because he's very annoying or the embodiment of Terror for the same reason?

Originally, I thought he was going to be the GOO for power because he is the strongest demon weapon in existence. I wonder what kind of relationship Excalibur had with the 8 Powerful Warlords.
Spoiler for Chapter 79:
Old 2010-10-17, 12:13   Link #2037
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejellosphere View Post
I'm sticking by my old theory that Eibon corresponds to knowledge.

That leaves Asura and Excalibur for Rage and Terror.

I think Asura could go either way, but is Excalibur the embodiment of Rage because he's very annoying or the embodiment of Terror for the same reason?

Originally, I thought he was going to be the GOO for power because he is the strongest demon weapon in existence. I wonder what kind of relationship Excalibur had with the 8 Powerful Warlords.
I'm pretty sure Asura is Terror, since he started trying to gain power because he was afraid of finding something that could defeat him, right? It was something like that. Haven't read the part that explains that in a while.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 18:47   Link #2038
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Oh man new chapter is just so epic ! Black Star And Kid
Old 2010-10-18, 16:09   Link #2039
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

O.K. first of all lol at the two GOO's being 'trapped' in the book voluntary.

Now on to the epic parts of this chapter. The art was truly magnificent! This was one of the best Soul Eater chapters to date and the art played a large roll in that.

Black Star deciding to help Kid get his “Ultimate Order” after he gets his ”Ultimate Power” was sorta cliche. But nice nonetheless.

And I'm still sorta confused about the whole situation between Noah, Tezca and the adults. So I'm gonna need some time to get my thoughts sorted on that one. But yeah, the adults where slow on the uptake and Enrique was noticeably absent. So an Illusion by either the Clown, Tezca and Enrique or both the Clown and Tezca and Enrique sounds fair.

Doesn't Ohkubo know his Goddamn Shounen-manga conventions though... It's not allowed for a man to beat a woman especially when she's down. Bad Justin! Bad! And if there is ever another Soul Eater adaptation – that isn't done by madhouse – they are gonna filter out all that stuff about God so that Justin looks a lot less creepier. And acts a lot less blasphemous... Not good! I predict a lot of censorship … if Soul Eater would ever get reanimated that would be the least of my worries though.

I hope Blair get's some action in the upcoming chapters too though it's unlikely... Tough she might beat up Gopher though. I'd die of laughter if it turns out Blair is still male. X'D

I must say I'm happy my theory on GOO succession was supported by this chapter. But I swear to God if Maka becomes the GOO of courage I am going to buy a business class ticket to Japan and have word with mister Ohkubo on how much he and mostly studio Bones have made me rage and suffer so much.

Let's see.
Crona fits the bill as Terror. Which was probably Medusa's plan from the very beginning.
Eibon, Noah, Stein, Medusa or Maka can become Knowledge. Wow, Noah might even be a fragment of Knowledge for all we know.
Power and Order should be obvious in light of the moths' chapter.
And Excallibur can probably keep rage. Since there is no character nearly as rage inducing as him.
Also I wouldn't be surprised if one of the unknowns has already been replaced and has joined Shibusen's ranks. Like one of Maka's parents perhaps?

Well time will tell. I for one am looking forward to what future chapters will bring.
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 21:58   Link #2040
Sol Falling

A random thought that came up while trying to make sense of the "intersection of the seven cardinal sins + 1" stuff the Goo was talking about: 7 + 1 = 8. There are 8 Goos. Coincidence? Probably, but let's run with it for a moment.

The Goos embody concepts which drive people to insanity. So far we've got:

Order
Terror
Knowledge
Power
Rage
+ 3 others.

The seven Cardinal sins are:

Lust
Gluttony
Envy
Wrath
Pride
Sloth
Greed
+1 as mentioned by the Goo.

Is there any sort of way they match up at all? Could this possibly help us predict the three other insanities? No immediate solution reveals itself to me, so this idea could be completely off base, but I wanted to see what other people thought.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen