AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-03, 09:56   Link #1
7Th
Mixtape

Gurren-Lagann Movie (Same themes and characters - all else different)

GURREN-LAGANN MOVIE ANNOUNCED

Quote:
4月からTVアニメ放送スタートの「我が家のお稲荷さま。」「純情ロマン
チカ」をはじめ、現在放送中のTVアニメ作品、劇場公開作品など、多種
多様な作品の映像展示を行ないます。また、3/10発売の「ニュータイプ」で
も発表がありました劇場版「天元突破グレンラガン」も強力にプッシュし
ていきます!

http://www.tokyoanime.jp/event/view_...tor.php?id=292
Old 2008-03-03, 11:48   Link #2
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
HOLY SHIT. IT'S GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED IN NEWTYPE?! MUST BUY. O_O

...So I guess this is what they were planning on announcing at the Anime Fair...but the cat's out of the bag now!

*fingers crossed for Otoko Ippiki movie*
Old 2008-03-03, 12:07   Link #3
manuloz

Don't get your hope too high before the Newtype is out.
Like Moonphase says it could be a compilation movie like the ones from Gunbuster & Diebuster.

*By the way prehistoric part on episode 9 of Zoku Sayonara Zetsubu-sensei was storyboarded by Imaishi and animation was the work of Yusuke Yoshigaki (Gurren ED1).
Old 2008-03-03, 15:21   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A compilation movie in my mind would be something amazing to see, especially with the wonderful Gainax in control. Although saying that, i guess we need to know the complete run time of the movie before we say more about it.
Old 2008-03-03, 16:29   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You say that, but did you actually see the compilation movies of Gunbuster & Diebuster? Those compliations were just... ug. Awful. Especially the Diebuster compilation. I really hope that they don't do that to Gurren-Lagann.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-03-03, 16:32   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
You say that, but did you actually see the compilation movies of Gunbuster & Diebuster? Those compliations were just... ug. Awful. Especially the Diebuster compilation. I really hope that they don't do that to Gurren-Lagann.
I have nothing against them. Of course i enjoy the original work a lot more, though they're still good watches in my opinion.
Old 2008-03-03, 16:55   Link #7
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Taken from 4chan so take with a grain of salt

Quote:
Hitomi Hasegawa confirms herself to be working as animation Director for a Gurren-Lagann-related project... to be released as OVA. Not a lot of information has been given, except for the fact that robots won't have a big involvement in said side project.
Spoiler for Pic from post:

________
VAPORIZER ANSWER

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:35.
Old 2008-03-03, 18:28   Link #8
Kisuke06
I see...

So it's a movie or a OVA?

Anyways, GREAT news.
Old 2008-03-03, 18:39   Link #9
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Short OVA to go along with the movie, most likely romance-themed in nature. The movie is possibly that big project with Sushio as the (animation?) director, which means we could be seeing something even more legendary than Gurren-Lagann 15 on the big screen. I'm expecting everything to look as smooth as that closing scene in Gurren-Lagann 13 with Simon/Yoko's hair getting blown in the wind.

Excellent news, by the way. Here's hoping for Garlock, Bootaide, Spiral Nemesis and 天元突破グレンラガンわが青春のジーハ...!
Old 2008-03-04, 02:20   Link #10
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
The info's been taken off the webpage. Ahaha. I wonder if someone got fired for that?
Old 2008-03-04, 02:31   Link #11
manuloz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Taken from 4chan so take with a grain of salt

Spoiler for Pic from post:
Well actually she said nothing. And there is nothing that relates her to a GL OAV or what else...

I suppose they took this bit of info here :

http://www.gainax.co.jp/gallery/0303.html

It only says she will do her debut as animation director on a future project. She has only been key animator for 1 year. I would believe she could be trusted with the animation direction of a tv series but an OAV, i think it's too soon.

Last edited by manuloz; 2008-03-04 at 12:32.
Old 2008-03-06, 12:32   Link #12
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

IS THIS TRUE?? GURREN LAGGAN HAS A MOVIE??!

http://www.alafista.com/2008/03/03/t...vie-confirmed/

Yoko Image:

Old 2008-03-06, 17:33   Link #13
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Wrong tense. Will have a movie. Unfortunately that might just be a compilation of scenes from the anime like they did for Gunbuster and Diebuster. However it might be original. Nobody knows yet.

Quote:
The upcoming April issue of Newtype will have the official announcement with more details. I can’t wait to get hold of this april issue!
Once that issue has been released we might know something worthwhile.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-03-06, 18:15   Link #14
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

http://gainax.weblogs.jp/gurrenlagan...post-fab0.html

Quote:
The check room in a corner of the office. Here we run the rush video to check for movement and color, but it seems the rush check done last night was on everyone's mind, and there was a crowd of people in front of the check room. I feel that last year, it was like this with each episode. Now, what kind of video was it that would make everyone so anxious?
Hmm...a preview for the movie announcement at TAF maybe?
Old 2008-03-06, 18:40   Link #15
CJL13
God of his own ego

It could be like a different movie that has the same characters, similar to the Escaflowne movie.
Old 2008-03-06, 19:10   Link #16
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
It could be like a different movie that has the same characters, similar to the Escaflowne movie.
Oh well, if we're going to start with random guesses then I want to call dibs on this one:
Remember the first 5 minutes of episode 1? Maybe they'll actually make a movie that tells a story which uses that footage so that folks will finally stop harping on the fact that it isn't quite the same as the actual end of the TV series. Since so many people say the prologue is better than what we actually got, that would be the movie they've been waiting for.
Yeah, I knew it was inevitable that folks would start babbling about what they want the movie to be. I've got another 20 random guesses I could use, including sidestories, backstories, viral's stories, prologues, epilogues, alternate versions of the story, "what if kamina had lived" and whatnot, but such wild guesses really belong in a fanfic thread, not here. There are an infinity of possibilities so the best bet is to simply sit tight for a tiny bit until they actually tell us.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-03-07 at 03:41.
Old 2008-03-06, 23:12   Link #17
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just pray this isn't a trick. If it is, all my fanboy hopes will be dashed on cruel, sharp rocks. Rocks, I tell you!
Old 2008-03-06, 23:18   Link #18
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSakuraS View Post
http://gainax.weblogs.jp/gurrenlagan...post-fab0.html

Hmm...a preview for the movie announcement at TAF maybe?
Well, that certainly serves to make me rather anxious.

What the hell could it possibly be?
Old 2008-03-07, 04:19   Link #19
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

NEWTYPE SCANS. But only pictures so far.

http://p.pita.st/?ltirxt8i

*eagerly waits for more info*
Old 2008-03-07, 05:29   Link #20
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

DETAILS.

Spoiler for Full script:

Summary/translation of main points:

Takeda says that they were thinking of making a movie from the time the TV series started airing. After it aired, people were saying they wanted to see more, and they had confidence that this work could be handed down for 10 years like Eva. But when he talked about it to Imaishi while the TV series was still going, he was told "No way!"

So what is the movie about? They were first thinking of making it a summary of the TV series, but don't intend to just rearrange it and end it like that. The theme is "revival." Becoming resolved, Imaishi said "I'll show you something that is Gurren Lagann but not Gurren Lagann!" and began writing great plans, but of course they were turned down. Although, they want to show everyone something very different from what they'd expect.

Also, currently they're in the middle of working on a completely new production different from the movie. They can't reveal the names of the participating staff yet, but he can say that they are distinguished members. They will screen a portion of this at the Tokyo International Anime Faire. "With the movie, we want to betray everyone's expectations in a good way. We'll reveal even more news at the Anime Fair, so please come watch."

---

So...the movie is a recap (but different?) and they're working on something new (most likely what Manabe mentioned in the blog).

EDIT: Also, the movie will be open to the public in Autumn. Much thanks to 2ch for all the info.

Last edited by CSakuraS; 2008-03-07 at 05:41.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, mecha