AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-12, 02:23   Link #1121
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I don't think so. She is still chained. Why does it matter to you what most people believe? Why can't you form an opinion of your own and stick to it?
No, Lelouch is the one chained. I see it myself. The more people that agree on an interpretation, the more wait it has. I thought the image was sad the first time I saw it. She looked like she was leaving to me or about to.

Demon will post here soon enough to prove the intepretation is that it is a parting and nothing more.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 02:25   Link #1122
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I don't think so. She is still chained. Why does it matter to you what most people believe? Why can't you form an opinion of your own and stick to it?
C.C is not chained, the chains are wrapped around Lelouch and the ruins in the background but not C.C. The others have wings made of stone in the background and like dann said the way they are positioned make it appear as if they have wings, but if you notice those wings are crumbling as well. And if you look at the expressions, you can see C.C looking up towards where the birds are flying towards with a sense of longing as well. Where as Lelouch is facing down towards the earth and chained to it.

It just makes an interesting discussion, and I was mainly curious as to a C.C fan's interpretation of that scene considering I may be abit biased.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 02:26   Link #1123
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, most would probably deny an interpretation like the one you have posted even though it's the only one that makes sense.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-07-12, 02:28   Link #1124
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, most would probably deny an interpretation like the one you have posted even though it's the only one that makes sense.
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but to me the colours and the ambiance in the scene is just too melancholic to me for it to be taken in a romantic sense as well. And also factoring the expressions on Lelouch and C.C as well, and the way they are embracing more in a comforting maternal way rather then as lovers would.
Old 2008-07-12, 02:30   Link #1125
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Why would anyone consider that a romantic scene? Everyone knows that such a thing with them is not possible at all. Neither feel that way about the other and neither is capable of feeling any different. The scene is sad and a parting. I don't know why Lelouch would be sad to see her go though.

Old 2008-07-12, 02:32   Link #1126
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Why would anyone consider that a romantic scene? Everyone knows that such a thing with them is not possible at all. Neither feel that way about the other and neither is capable of feeling any different. The scene is sad and a parting. I don't know why Lelouch would be sad to see her go though.
Lelouch is not uncaring towards her, and even if they are not lovers she is someone important to him. At the very least she is someone that has changed his life.
Old 2008-07-12, 02:34   Link #1127
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Lelouch is not uncaring towards her, and even if they are not lovers she is someone important to him. At the very least she is someone that has changed his life.
Why would she be important to him? He hates her as we all know and the truth about her and Marianne is not likely to change that. Changed it in a good way? He killed his first love and lost a very precious friend because of the way she changed his life.

Old 2008-07-12, 02:39   Link #1128
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
C.C is not chained, the chains are wrapped around Lelouch and the ruins in the background but not C.C. The others have wings made of stone in the background and like dann said the way they are positioned make it appear as if they have wings, but if you notice those wings are crumbling as well. And if you look at the expressions, you can see C.C looking up towards where the birds are flying towards with a sense of longing as well. Where as Lelouch is facing down towards the earth and chained to it.

It just makes an interesting discussion, and I was mainly curious as to a C.C fan's interpretation of that scene considering I may be abit biased.
I was watching it on youtube so it wasn't very clear (my episodes are in another comp). I have now managed to view a larger screencap It does look like she is a bird. But I think Lelouch is chained and is trying to stop her. Or it could be that she is the angel (or witch) who gave him geass, as he was chained before she arrived. So he is chained and she is saving him, perhaps...

Did clamp receive any spoilers before making the ED? I wonder if it's their perspective on the characters, or if they had some information.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 02:40   Link #1129
Esper 28
Akira

Just curious...could someone perhaps post a screen capture of the scene you guys are talking about? It would really help the discussion along, I think.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 02:41   Link #1130
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Why stop her? And he'll fail in the end anyway.

Who know? They obviously were given something to make them draw things like this.

Old 2008-07-12, 02:54   Link #1131
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Did clamp receive any spoilers before making the ED? I wonder if it's their perspective on the characters, or if they had some information.
No. They receive basic info on what the character is like. Then they draw everything from their personal likings and "because it's pretty this way".

For example, the reason why Rolo has black and white wings is "that looks mysterious". And the reason why V.V. is naked is "can't find clothes suitable for him".
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 03:09   Link #1132
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That's actually sort of odd. Then do those images really give any real hints to the show at all?

Old 2008-07-12, 03:21   Link #1133
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
No. They receive basic info on what the character is like. Then they draw everything from their personal likings and "because it's pretty this way".

For example, the reason why Rolo has black and white wings is "that looks mysterious". And the reason why V.V. is naked is "can't find clothes suitable for him".
wow. I did not know that. Thanks.

Then honestly, it might all be meaningless. C.C. may end up living after all
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 03:30   Link #1134
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I still don't put her chances as being very high at all with or without the picture.

Old 2008-07-12, 03:31   Link #1135
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Just curious...could someone perhaps post a screen capture of the scene you guys are talking about? It would really help the discussion along, I think.

Here are more cleaned up high(er)-res ED pics.

[rant]Actually, I don't see the point in looking for reasons in CLAMP's drawings though. This set is even worse than the first set of ED pics, which at least had some consistencies in it. In this set all I can see is the orgasm fangirlism over the word "royal" (look how the princes & princesses each get their own pics) and especially that OMG so very handsome Schinezel. The other peasants Sunrise asked to draw? Meh, just squeeze them all in one pic or two. The clothing is wrong? Whatever. Who cares about an ugly peasant girl? Full orgasm attention on teh prince charming is top priority. [/rant]

The comments CLAMP gave for the ED1 pics showed their shallowness already. It looks pretty this way. They're nice eye candies. Why try further?

Quote:
wow. I did not know that. Thanks.

Then honestly, it might all be meaningless. C.C. may end up living after all
Fun trivia. XD
No one knows the ending other than Ōkouchi and director Taniguchi. Shiratori (Lloyd's VA) tried asking around but non of the staff he contacted knows what will happen in the coming episodes.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 07:43   Link #1136
mayaramayana
A proof is an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post

Haha

True, true. You get yourself a point there.

Some ED or OP pictures have no connections at all with the series. This doesn't happen only once. Some animes have this kind of ED or OP.

Ever watch Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? Some parts of the OP and ED have no connection with the series at all.

I just want to say that C.C. is one of the major characters. What's more, she and V.V. have all Geass related things revolving around them. They're the giver.

Major characters have major positions in a story.

Major positions means either:
a) they control the series

b) they do not control the series but they are the reasons of all things that happened in the series

c) they're the root of the story

Whatever happened to the major characters, WILL have a major impact to the story.

A major impact means a humongous, gigantic change.

And we all know what a humongous, gigantic change means.

To have this humongous, gigantic change you have to think all things through.

That is the hardest part of all; to make a humongous, gigantic change.

(get my point?)

What I mean is, it's going to be very hard to throw C.C. just like that.

You have to put all things into your considerations.

Now, do you get the point? You don't have to anyway. It's just an opinion
mayaramayana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 07:59   Link #1137
Silver Soul
Banned

Hey Clovis was CLAMP'S favorite character and he was the first person to get killed off, it proves that all CLAMP do is design the characters and have very little with the actually story and if it were them Lelouch and Suzaku would have alot of yaoi moments in the series as a whole
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 08:11   Link #1138
mayaramayana
A proof is an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Hey Clovis was CLAMP'S favorite character and he was the first person to get killed off, it proves that all CLAMP do is design the characters and have very little with the actually story and if it were them Lelouch and Suzaku would have alot of yaoi moments in the series as a whole
True true
Old 2008-07-12, 08:23   Link #1139
mayaramayana
A proof is an argument.

Second season's ED and OP have little to do with the series.

Yet, this doesn't really imply to the first season's.

In the second ED of the first season, there's a picture of C.C. on a cliff. At the background was a castle.

In my opinion, this has something to do with the series since this scenery was shown in one of C.C.'s memory.

You can check this in season one's episode 11 and is shown again in episode 25.

Do you guys have any ideas or opinions about this?
Old 2008-07-12, 08:55   Link #1140
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayaramayana View Post
Second season's ED and OP have little to do with the series.

Yet, this doesn't really imply to the first season's.

In the second ED of the first season, there's a picture of C.C. on a cliff. At the background was a castle.

In my opinion, this has something to do with the series since this scenery was shown in one of C.C.'s memory.

You can check this in season one's episode 11 and is shown again in episode 25.

Do you guys have any ideas or opinions about this?
Eh, I like S1 OPS and EDS since it doesn't seem CLAMP put forth a whole lot of their formula to confuse the audience rather they were drawing what Taniguichi had in mind not what they envisioned.
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote