AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-20, 13:54   Link #141
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Sometimes I seem to think it's pretty morbit how people laugh at death so easily.

Then I remembered that it's just animated.
Old 2012-03-20, 14:09   Link #142
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Sometimes I seem to think it's pretty morbit how people laugh at death so easily.

I have seen people get kicked till they bled to death, beaten by batons till they stopped moving, chopped off at the head, stabbed in the guts, shot and what not IRL - all over stupidity - and in all honesty, I am much more prone to feel deeply sad over the death of a well done fictional character than I do for most "real" people. After all, it's so much easier for me to associate with the said fictional character. I also probably know more about their circumstances, their reasons, their flaws and their strengths. Because I was probably inside their head or had a chance to observe them omnisciently. I can't do that with real people. I could come close with a few people but it's so tedious that I don't even try.

Granted I have never laughed at a real death but I didn't exactly laugh at the deaths in this episode or Blood C: Finale or anything similar anyway. What I laughed at was the sheer hilarity of the horribly done execution. And I laughed at the ridiculous hypocrisy of those real people that were dying not because they were heroes for revolution but because they were unlucky enough to fall during the government offensive etc just as much as I did at this execution.

Heck, now that I think about it, people laugh over real death all the time. I think it's so much easier for people to laugh over the death of some real person they hated or didn't care about than for them to laugh over the death of a fictional animated character.
Old 2012-03-20, 14:27   Link #143
achirist

What a stupid tape to leave behind! I almost wonder if maybe the tape was edited by the curse more than just to remove the name of the extra student--maybe he had included an actual hint as to how to distinguish the dead person? Because it's quite predictable that this sort of thing would happen, that the students would turn on each other.

I still think the extra is head of countermeasures girl; Misaki hesitated on the stairwell to do it, but next episode she won't.
Old 2012-03-20, 14:42   Link #144
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wow. just wow.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-03-20, 14:44   Link #145
Hakuromatsu

Quote:

Yeah. If they managed to make Ogura's improbable rigor mortis death position work in a live-action episode/film, it would be a lot more terrifying.
Old 2012-03-20, 16:03   Link #146
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
BLOOD-C:
Director - Mizushima Tsumuto

Another:
Director - Mizushima Tsumuto

*slames table*
EUREKA!!!

In the meantime, the NEET-brother's sister and her performance with two friends...
Spoiler for just an image:
LOL @ the pic. No matter how you look at it, it's physically impossible for the corpse to remain in that position.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-03-20, 16:40   Link #147
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

This episode displayed the total retarded breakdown of whatever plot the author was trying to portray. All rationality thrown out the window and we're left with an empty shell of nothing.

Seriously, this is playing out exactly like Kindaichi case file #2; kill everyone except the murderer. Stupid author.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2012-03-20, 16:48   Link #148
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

LMAO this episode
More bloods , more bad acting , more mindfucks , predictable , more nonsenses , no more suspense etc.....
Well , Hollywood horror/thriller level...
Old 2012-03-20, 17:36   Link #149
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i just want to know what caused the woman manager to go crazy. now that i've had time to absorb it, this was ridiculous. damn them for trying to pin it on misaki...

also, Maceart, just noticed your signature. it makes me so sad...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-03-20, 17:40   Link #150
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
If you're interested in the differences between the novel and the anime version so far, I listed them here.
Thanks for this,I'll read It when the anime is finished

I wonder If the anime and novel's end will be the same... I hope so
Old 2012-03-20, 17:40   Link #151
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
In the meantime, the NEET-brother's sister and her performance with two friends...
Spoiler for just an image:
Ha! That's hilarious!

EDIT: On second thought, while the picture is still making me laugh, now I can't get the ED out of my head! Argh!

Endless "Please kill me" Soul

Last edited by Endless Soul; 2012-03-20 at 17:51.
Old 2012-03-20, 21:03   Link #152
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
What a stupid tape to leave behind! I almost wonder if maybe the tape was edited by the curse more than just to remove the name of the extra student--maybe he had included an actual hint as to how to distinguish the dead person? Because it's quite predictable that this sort of thing would happen, that the students would turn on each other.

I still think the extra is head of countermeasures girl; Misaki hesitated on the stairwell to do it, but next episode she won't.
I already suspected about the twin tail girl high position leader and intelligent scheme using as a advantage to control the classroom from previous episode that she might have setup the whole time to silence Misaki.

I wonder what happen if Misaki removed the eye patch at the front of the extra? Is that mean her eye might get painful or other phenomenon reason?

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-03-20 at 22:37.
Old 2012-03-20, 23:16   Link #153
rakusukira

Koichi ONLY reacted a BELIEVABLE reaction when people were starting to kill Mei..

Spoiler for .......:
Old 2012-03-20, 23:18   Link #154
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

With this episode, I realized that it's no longer a question of who will die, but who will survive...
Old 2012-03-21, 00:30   Link #155
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
LMAO this episode
More bloods , more bad acting , more mindfucks , predictable , more nonsenses , no more suspense etc.....
Well , Hollywood horror/thriller level...
This is all that need to be said really. I'm quite disappointed.
Old 2012-03-21, 02:52   Link #156
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I still thinks it's a great anime. Sure, this development is ridicolus and unrealistic, but it's still enjoyable.

Mei the Terminator?
Old 2012-03-21, 03:26   Link #157
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrum023 View Post
With this episode, I realized that it's no longer a question of who will die, but who will survive...
I thought the same.

This episode disappointed me badly. I expected the students to go on a rampage once they find out about the content of the tape, but frankly, I expected it to be different. I dont see much point, if pretty much every normal student dies except the another.

Until this episode I like the way the death are depicted, the crude violence of it seemed refreshing..... but I dont enjoy massacres. There was practically no background on the students who died this episode, it felt random, rushed and it happened just for the purpose of having a high death count.

And just like somebody in this thread pointed out, the students were not acting convincigly.... for example in the beginning they go downstairs to check on the student who was pushed off the balcony and they leasurely walk as if though on the way to the convenience store. Sure, take your time, this is not a situation where seconds make a difference between life and death.

And it would seem that I am not the only one who disliked the latest episode. 41 people voted 10/10 for this epi, but normally, the episodes dont score lower than a 6/10 and this episodes had quite a few people giving lower marks. For me a massacre doesnt translate into 10/10, so I gave it a lower rating than 6/10.

Lets hope the last episode will save the ending.
Old 2012-03-21, 04:08   Link #158
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The thing that bothers me the most is that the reason for accusing Misaki doesn't even make sense. Seriously her reasoning is so wrong on so many levels it's like she was just looking for a scapegoat.

If she was in the same year as her before, then she can't have been in class 3-3 before so she can't have died to the calamity before, so she can't be the extra, at least according to that reasoning.

If she was living in a completely different location to begin with, then what are the chances of her even having attended this school before?

She came back wrong? Jeez, now you are just making shit up.

What happened to giving the accused a chance to defend herself anyway? She was just being dumb, and everyone else in the class was being dumb for believing her just like that, without even TRYING to hear Mei's side of the story. At least the kid that got himself turned into charcoal had a decent head on his shoulders. "There was always something about that girl that didn't feel right, but that's not enough to be absolutely sure that she's the one.", at least he said something along those lines.

The insane girl that went "REVENGE FOR MY BROTHER" was dumb too. She didn't kill your stupid hikikomori brother you dumb broad. Even if she IS the extra, she still didn't kill him.

By the way, is it just me, or is the calamity protecting Mei? I still don't think it is sentient, but there could be something in the calamity's "algorythm".
Old 2012-03-21, 04:39   Link #159
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

^I think it's more like in Final Destination, where Death had a set order that pretty much ended at the main characters who got the premonition that started the whole 'death chain'. Maybe it goes for this show as well: if Mei is going to die due to the phenomenon, she'll probably (one of) the last to go.

And let's face it, Mei is an easy scapegoat. She's quiet, somewhat reclusive and hardly anyone knows anything about her. Her eyepatch further adds to the mystery, as no one knows why she wears it and it doesn't look like something she's willing to discuss either. All they really know of her is that there was a girl that looked just like her, but didn't have an eyepatch.

Of course, we (and Kouichi) know that she's actually a nice girl, who is just seriously misunderstood, but the rest of the class simply see her as a creepy girl that could very well be what she appears to be (such as a resurrected dead student).
Old 2012-03-21, 05:33   Link #160
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
By the way, is it just me, or is the calamity protecting Mei? I still don't think it is sentient, but there could be something in the calamity's "algorythm".
In a previous episode, Mei implies that she is immune to the calamity's effects, since it doesn't work on people who have already died. This is why the Another can't ever be killed by the calamity, because they are already dead.

Alternatively, if you don't buy this explanation, Mei also has an incredibly simple method for protecting herself from the calamity.

(1) Take off eyepatch.
(2) Look down at self.
(3) If color of death is faintly visible, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.
Closed Thread