AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-29, 00:10   Link #481
jasonhan416

im kinda cheesed how azusa got friendzoned.
I am not hating on Tsukiko, but if those two end up together instead of azusa, im gonna be pissed.
I feel like Tsukiko is more of a little sister/friend than anything, however azusa got potential.
Not only she is cute, she likes him because she believes he is a very trustworthy man, and on top of that, they are like in same age group -_-
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 02:38   Link #482
Gohan78
Awakened One

Henneko is making it difficult for me to choose a favourite heroine. Tsukiko's deadpan moe, coupled with Ogura's voice, is adorable but Azusa's tsundere antics are also a miracle of the universe!

Azusa's problem was solved faster than I thought. Tsukiko's flashback felt a bit of a retcon to me, because she didn't seem to recognize Youto in the first episode. It's also difficult to accept that Youto cannot recognize Tsukiko by her voice and hairdo. However it's just a minor gripe in a surprisingly good show. I like that, despite the title, this show isn't a total fanservice fest.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 05:06   Link #483
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
It's also difficult to accept that Youto cannot recognize Tsukiko by her voice and hairdo. However it's just a minor gripe in a surprisingly good show. I like that, despite the title, this show isn't a total fanservice fest.
Thats a very common hairstyle, im not sure why you would think its outstanding.

As for her voice... its easy for us to identify because we are exposed to it a lot and very recent.

If you are asked to identify one of Azusa's old classmate from the sound of her voice alone, would you be able to do it?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 05:59   Link #484
Seiryuu

I don't know how to feel about that one pair now. In a way they're the worst possible kind of bullies, because they're too dumb to realize that anyone, even the victim, would be in any way troubled by their actions. Here's hoping they go find Lil' Bean and apologize for trying to hard to see her cute angry face.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 08:21   Link #485
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
and on top of that, they are like in same age group -_-
Tsukiko is only one year younger than Yokodera is. Don't make it sound like she's an elementary school kid or something.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 10:31   Link #486
Diveman

I gotta say, I'm very impressed on this series. I thought it was gonna be a fanservice carnival, but it actually has a nice plot and the characters are interesting. Def i'm gonna be following this.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 10:50   Link #487
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Tsukiko is only one year younger than Yokodera is. Don't make it sound like she's an elementary school kid or something.
Which left me wondering, are Yokodera and co. really highschoolers, i mean, by anime standard? For me they just look too small, kinda childish, and would suit better as middleschoolers instead.

Perhaps i'm wrong here since many other anime with highschool theme usually have adult-like characters posed as highschoolers
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 13:57   Link #488
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
The way those girls teased Azusa, was way more than "kinda over did it". I'm just glad she's back to her tsun moe self.
Old 2013-04-29, 18:15   Link #489
jasonhan416

i CANT BELIEVE she is friendzoned got dammit. I even read the manga to see if it gets better -___-.
azusa got friendzoned. GG
wp

d
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 18:37   Link #490
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
im kinda cheesed how azusa got friendzoned.
I am not hating on Tsukiko, but if those two end up together instead of azusa, im gonna be pissed.
Yay! Azusa got friend-zoned!

Quote:
Not only she is cute, she likes him because she believes he is a very trustworthy man, and on top of that, they are like in same age group -_-
Now who are you talking about here? They are both cute and they both believe that Youto is very trustworthy. And, of course, they are all in the same "age group," at least from my perspective. It's not as if Youto's a college kid and Tsukiko's a middle schooler (seen that before in an anime). Besides, Tsukiko may not be chronologically older than Azusa, but she certainly acts much more maturely than her.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 20:46   Link #491
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
i CANT BELIEVE she is friendzoned got dammit. I even read the manga to see if it gets better -___-.
azusa got friendzoned. GG
wp

d
You can still hope for the School Days ending... I guess?
It's not like he ever had an interest in her anyway. He only wanted his facade back.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 21:02   Link #492
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Yay! Azusa got friend-zoned!
Aww c'mon. No need to pour salt on their wounds.
Quote:
It's not as if Youto's a college kid and Tsukiko's a middle schooler (seen that before in an anime).
CollegeXmiddle schooler got nothing on teacherXelementary. Yeah, the above reminded me of Kodomo no Jikan for some reason ie. prolly the only Okada anime I didn't like. XD

Not that I mind age gaps if done right, ex. Koi Kaze.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 22:07   Link #493
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Got to say Azusa's mom is awesome just smile while Youto takes her out in her pjs
Old 2013-04-29, 22:30   Link #494
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I deemed that explanation to be BS, when she was tricked to go to one place (Hokkaido). If that's not bullying, then I don't know what is. If anyone ever does something like that to me, I'd be so pissed -- I'd exact some kind of vengeance! RAWR!

Anyways, the cut at the midway point of the episode -- that was way too abrupt, which had me asking: "Hey wait a minute. What's going on here?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Didn't they tell her they were going to Hokkaido because they knew she liked stuff there and they just wanted her to come?
No one could expect her to travel there on her own though.

Both parties are at fault there. Azuki for instantly believing anything she's told, and her two friends for pulling an (innocent) prank like that, despite knowing (or did they?) how trusting their friend is.
It's just like what Dark Faith said. While the girls were no doubt in the wrong, they had good intentions as they did it because they wanted to get Azuki to travel with them to Okinawa and have fun together (though they should have told her honestly). No one would expect Azuki to actually go all the way to Sapporo (capital of Hokkaido) on her own rather than meeting the rest at the airport.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 03:38   Link #495
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It's just like what Dark Faith said. While the girls were no doubt in the wrong, they had good intentions as they did it because they wanted to get Azuki to travel with them to Okinawa and have fun together (though they should have told her honestly). No one would expect Azuki to actually go all the way to Sapporo (capital of Hokkaido) on her own rather than meeting the rest at the airport.
How dare you call Blonde Azunyan an idiot!

Anyways, per another comment above -- it sucks how she got friend zoned. For some reason, that kinda killed the series for me right then and there -- BUT -- there's plenty more left to watch. So, it's salvageable, considering how she has the hots for Mr Prince now.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 10:09   Link #496
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
How dare you call Blonde Azunyan an idiot!

Anyways, per another comment above -- it sucks how she got friend zoned. For some reason, that kinda killed the series for me right then and there -- BUT -- there's plenty more left to watch. So, it's salvageable, considering how she has the hots for Mr Prince now.
Same here. But I was even more shocked and depressed in here, because of how the manga's pacing and how it executed the whole thing was far better (IMO) ... I obviously had high expectation from it. I even shed tears back then, true warm tears ... or maybe it was because I just finished Clannad AS before reading it.
But, just as you said it's fine. Almost everything else that comes after is really great so it's okay. I'll stick with it 'till the end too
Old 2013-04-30, 13:05   Link #497
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-04-30 at 17:59. Reason: The use of the proper tag is highly recommended...
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 13:25   Link #498
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Tsukiko's flashback felt a bit of a retcon to me, because she didn't seem to recognize Youto in the first episode.
I always figured it was just really dark on the hill that night, which is also one of the reasons he doesn't recognize her the following day.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 05:36   Link #499
Anime Online

Quote:
Tsukiko's flashback felt a bit of a retcon to me, because she didn't seem to recognize Youto in the first episode. It's also difficult to accept that Youto cannot recognize Tsukiko by her voice and hairdo.
It's the Clark Kent syndrome. Take off the glasses and suddenly nobody can recognize who he is.

Even if Youto did not see her face, it couldn't be that difficult to recognize her again. Just like someone can instantly pick out his boss in a meeting room, even if his boss' back is turned to him.

Anyways, based on the OP and ED song, I doubt any girl except Tsukiko has a chance. Just look at the ending parts of the OP song, Azusa is lumped together with the "other girls".
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 06:27   Link #500
Katai2013

Episode 3 (sorry, I'm Ita XD)

Episode cute, but I never seemed to transition, but I believe that until now is the episode with the highest level of plot, many important things have happened.
Unique and obvious flaw is the excessive seriousness of the episode accompanied by excessive absence of gags ... this made the episode a little heavy but I'm sure it was just for this episode

Anyway it was an episode that lays the groundwork for future events ... we'll see.

I love it when the girl in every sentence always says "desunč Hentai-san?" With that expressionless face but so moe is so cool hahaha XD XD

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere