AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-29, 03:51   Link #41
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Countering your points:

Miyu's acronym is different. Therefore Otome Miyu is different from Hime Miyu.

Searrs for the Golden Millennium is yet another parallel between the two universes. By your analogy, Fumi's presence would be considered further proof. The appearance of similar things and people but in totally different places supports the parallel universe theory more than the same universe theory.
That doesn't necesarily mean that Otome Miyu is completely different from HiME Miyu--she could have gone through an upgrade or something, perhaps by Alyssa. And I'll stand by the idea that Otome and HiME are connected, because if they aren't, Arika being Alyssa's blood descendent has absolutely no meaning.

If you want to take the "non-connected" route in spite of the various cameos, hints and statements that were made throughout Otome, then you have to suppose that events remarkably similar to, but NOT the same as the events in Mai-HiME took place in the world that Otome is set in, which is not only needlessly convoluted, but just plain retarded. If that's the case, then why not just have Otome be a direct sequel to HiME? Why bother with nonsense like "oh, most of the same things happened, but it's not really the same"?
Old 2006-12-30, 18:40   Link #42
Judge

One question though..if the 2 series are tied somehow where does arika's mother Rena fit in? shes some kind of legendary otome and if the 2 series are connected then why do stories of rena only pop up in mai otome??
Old 2006-12-30, 19:14   Link #43
X207
Gamyūsa

arike only made it into hime cause the producers wanted to put in future characters from otome into some hime scenes. arika was only seen for 3 seconds (waved at some unknown pesron in the last few min of ep26)

otome and hime ties are more for the reoccruing characters from hime
Old 2006-12-30, 19:20   Link #44
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
One question though..if the 2 series are tied somehow where does arika's mother Rena fit in? shes some kind of legendary otome and if the 2 series are connected then why do stories of rena only pop up in mai otome??
Listen, Mai Hime and Mai Otome are not connected, the creator used the characters from the MH and used them in a Alternate Universe,, a new story and new origin. Rena wasn't in MH, but I'm wishing that she be in a sequel of MH and be as the next villian. But back to what I'm saying is that Rena was in racing anime show, so the creator who did that used her in MO to be as Arika mother. Seriously will have a backstory of MO in time coming.
Old 2006-12-30, 19:35   Link #45
Sansana
a green tea lover

Send a message via ICQ to Sansana Send a message via MSN to Sansana
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
arike only made it into hime cause the producers wanted to put in future characters from otome into some hime scenes. arika was only seen for 3 seconds (waved at some unknown pesron in the last few min of ep26)

otome and hime ties are more for the reoccruing characters from hime
hm... I wonder if they knew that they would be making another Mai series after HiME. It'd be quite a risk to think about character star system (or whatever it's called) without knowing if HiME is going to be a success or not. I can easly understand Nina's existance in the series as Mai's classmate, but Arika's appearance at the very end of the anime makes me confused. Why did they bother to put her there ?

If Sunrise had an idea of making Otome with Arika as main heroine, I bet they would give us a clue in HiME omakes or something like this >_>
Old 2006-12-30, 20:20   Link #46
X207
Gamyūsa

well of all main characters in MO nina was most in MH a few classroom scenes and at the start of every closing song (sitting near mai tokiha). well that if you count those characters that are out of place
Old 2006-12-30, 20:46   Link #47
Asian

I don't think they're connected. Although many of the characters from Mai Otome were from Mai Hime, and they have similar abilities, I honestly do think that they're different. The storyline is different, and yeah.
Old 2006-12-30, 20:50   Link #48
X207
Gamyūsa

i treat MH and MO as 2 differnt series, storylines dont exactly have many link that are concrete, MH storyline and concept is better imo
Old 2006-12-30, 21:08   Link #49
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

I consider the two series like the Tenchi series, same characters but different universe.
Old 2006-12-31, 05:14   Link #50
SlurEXE
MEGU REALLY IS JUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereAmI View Post
To each his own I say. Like someone said before, unless Sunrise throws in some kind of movie/ova to cover this, its all going to be speculation. It is no different then when people argue over which character from different series is stronger, if they were to fight. Some are going to support one way and some the other.

So, what is my point; nothing really, I just felt like saying that
That's why I prayed for an OVA tying up loose ends on the existence of Earl. Hell, even a few minutes of indepth explanation will do.

I believe that a war had totally devasted the Earth(what kind of war is up to you -- I prefered the nuclear winter scenario )and so, they evacuated from Earth, seeking new planets to colonise. They brought the most essential technology and Earl was so named after the discoverer of the planet.

Although Earl was discovered to have a small habitable area, it was colonised anyway. Because they brought only certain people and technology, the Otome technology ( or Z-HiME, if you will) remained at a standstill as time passed beause nobody knew how to 'edit' it, so to speak - and it was expensive to produce, thus nobody wanted to pay to get the technology so they could mess it up, and only virgins, or maidens, could become Otome. I call bullshit however, and does that mean you simply need to throw a bucket of semen to render the Otome powerless? Or maybe, JUST WEAR A CONDOM?

Also, because some technology they did not bring, they had to make it again...so their technological advancement took a step backward as they re-invented the new things.

i have an idea that the descendents of Alyssa, or their affliates, rebuilt the school as a nod to the one on Earth. Over time, other competiting school arose, and it fell in obscurity, but without hiding one of the secrets of the Otome, as you can see in episode 26. It may have been Miyu, but I severely doubt she could do it herself, however powerful she is as an android.

I don't want to explain the cast. It makes my head hurt just thinking about it. D: I'll leave that to your own interpretation.

So, as you may expect, I'm a sci-fi fan.
Old 2006-12-31, 05:56   Link #51
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurEXE View Post
I call bullshit however, and does that mean you simply need to throw a bucket of semen to render the Otome powerless? Or maybe, JUST WEAR A CONDOM?
Goddamit, I never thought of that! You have a big point here
This matter needs to be explained well in the anime... what are you waiting for, Sunrise?

But... maybe it doesn't refer to sperm after all? Maybe it's something with defloration, you know...

As for my thoughts about MH/MO connections, they're very similar to yours, SlurEXE. If you search this thread, you'll find my date line of the MH/MO universe with most important events that I think could happened
Old 2006-12-31, 14:59   Link #52
X207
Gamyūsa

this thought just occured to me. didnt mashiro and the blue spikey hair guy come from the MO universe? they did say they'll return to where the belong and went into a doorway to whereever
Old 2006-12-31, 16:58   Link #53
solarknight123

No I don't think when nagi and masiro went through the door, they meant going to the mo universe. They probably returned to heven or valhalla. The nagi and mashiro form MO universe are diferent from the MH universe.
Old 2006-12-31, 18:27   Link #54
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
Goddamit, I never thought of that! You have a big point here
This matter needs to be explained well in the anime... what are you waiting for, Sunrise?

But... maybe it doesn't refer to sperm after all? Maybe it's something with defloration, you know...

As for my thoughts about MH/MO connections, they're very similar to yours, SlurEXE. If you search this thread, you'll find my date line of the MH/MO universe with most important events that I think could happened
I seem to recall it had something to do with Y chromosomes, though I could be wrong about that. Maybe they don't have condoms in this universe. Or maybe it's just a matter of principle that an Otome shouldn't be having sex.
Old 2006-12-31, 20:21   Link #55
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
I seem to recall it had something to do with Y chromosomes, though I could be wrong about that. Maybe they don't have condoms in this universe. Or maybe it's just a matter of principle that an Otome shouldn't be having sex.
I think the lack of condoms is more probable. You think people like Nao would not take advantage of contraceptives if they actually were available?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2006-12-31, 20:35   Link #56
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
I think the lack of condoms is more probable. You think people like Nao would not take advantage of contraceptives if they actually were available?
LOL True that.

I think the MH references in Otome were probably just nods to the original and not anything concrete. Other than Alyssa and Miyu we don't have much that can really be deduced in terms of evidence.
Old 2006-12-31, 20:42   Link #57
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Miyu mentions that it seems the slaves are becoming more child-like. If that is not connected to Hime, i don't know what is, since there are no Child's in Otome world.
Old 2006-12-31, 22:46   Link #58
SlurEXE
MEGU REALLY IS JUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
With their technology, how could they not have contraceptives?
Old 2006-12-31, 23:01   Link #59
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Miyu mentions that it seems the slaves are becoming more child-like. If that is not connected to Hime, i don't know what is, since there are no Child's in Otome world.
We have no idea what she's talking about when she said "Child" so we can't assume that's proof of anything until we have something concrete.
Old 2007-01-01, 07:56   Link #60
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurEXE View Post
With their technology, how could they not have contraceptives?
My point about Nao and contraceptives still stands.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Closed Thread