AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-28, 11:37   Link #121
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Oh you are not. It expanded on the Riddickverse which was welcome to me.I could not reasonably expect Riddick repeating Pitch Black with another alien species on another planet. I wish Twohy gets back to the story of Riddick and expand on his universe, the glimpse we have had in the Chronicles.
Good News, the movie has been in pre-production for awhile now (years in fact), but just recently a casting call was put out for the upcoming film (currently named 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking'), and while the film was partially shut-down in September, it was confirmed as back up and running just days ago. Vin Diesel will reprise his role, as will Karl Urban, and the film is expected to carry a R rating.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 11:43   Link #122
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Good News, the movie has been in pre-production for awhile now (years in fact), but just recently a casting call was put out for the upcoming film (currently named 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking'), and while the film was partially shut-down in September, it was confirmed as back up and running just days ago. Vin Diesel will reprise his role, as will Karl Urban, and the film is expected to carry a R rating.
Such news are delightful and pleasing to my ears. This just made my day.
Old 2011-11-28, 12:25   Link #123
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Final Fantasy:Advent Children was a movie I enjoyed but a lot of people seemed to hate :S

28 Days Later is another.

Lastly, Transformers 1 and 2. I like them, but everyone around me hates them XD
Old 2011-11-28, 19:57   Link #124
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sounds like it'll be one helluva fight for the throne, remembering the last scene right there.
Old 2011-12-16, 15:57   Link #125
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Constantine is a cool movie to me. Still, a lot of people (especially in movie forums) really hate it. I wonder why? The story is unique, the acting is great (yeah Shia LeBouf is totally bearable in this movie, even funny), the action and SFX are decent and the characters are way cool. My absolute favorite scene of the movie is when Constantine were about to go to heaven while giving Lucifer 'the finger' . It can't be more epic than that!

PS: I don't really know the comic source material though. Maybe that's why I can enjoy this movie to the fullest.
Old 2012-11-16, 15:28   Link #126
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

The entire matrix trilogy. Loved it all, shame most people hated the poop out of the two later entries into the trilogy.
Old 2012-11-16, 15:56   Link #127
willx
Nyaaan~~

Boy oh boy, mine would be .. Dragonheart!

C'mon, a movie with a dragon that speaks with the voice of Sean Connery? I'm not sure how, but there are people out there (lots of them) that don't like this movie! UN-POSSIBLE!

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 17:20   Link #128
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Two films come to mind, which have been mentioned previously-

One, Waterworld. Say what you want about box office sales or ever Kevin Costner, but I highly enjoyed this film.

Second, Prince of Persia- granted, I saw the movie before I ever played the game, but the movie was excellent IMO (hell, my girlfriend at the time even admitted that she thought she was going to hate the movie, but ended up enjoying it)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 17:28   Link #129
bigdeal000
malefic

I don't know if this was mentioned before or not, but I like Doom (the 2005 movie). People hated it for various reasons, like not being about hell like the games are (and etc.). I personally loved it, even if demons are replaced by mutants. I "made up" for that by hatin' the boring third game (2004) that a lot of people seem to like for reasons I can't understand.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 17:42   Link #130
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Very often, low budget sci-fi, horror or action. Pandorum, The Darkest Hour, Chernobyl Diaries and Death Race among others. I don't know why, I'm just a fan of them.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 18:03   Link #131
Kurohane

Eureka Seven: Goodnight, Sleeptight, Young Lovers: A lot of people didn't like it, but I enjoyed it.
Old 2012-11-17, 13:17   Link #132
winterbaby
вelιnda

The Hunger Games
Super 8
Snow White and the Huntsman
Old 2013-09-10, 19:30   Link #133
Lyocol
Banned

Critically panned movies that you loves

I really have to admit lots of critics hate Sucker Punch but I already seen it from distance. In fact it had very limited appeal and I can guess who its target audiences are male moviegoers who also fans of fanservice action anime shows such as Queen's Blade and Senran Kagura, who are not many to begin with.

While can be considered as guilty pleasure but I still love it for good reasons. First it was best Hollywood attempt to make a fanservice action movie in same manner as anime I mentioned above except it is more action-packed and more importantly far less the sex appeal. Second the main heroine is likable and sympathetic and making me wants to know more of her background and past life. Of course most critics hates it anyway and the nicest thing they can say about the movie is it's an optical feast than anything else.
Lyocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 19:56   Link #134
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Battle Los Angeles was rather coolly received, although I thought it was a pretty awesome movie.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 19:58   Link #135
Dr. Casey

I enjoyed Click (which had a 12% on RottenTomatoes the last I checked), and I'll always think Ninja Turtles 3 was a pretty cool movie despite being universally panned for 20 years now.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 21:46   Link #136
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Get Smart?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 22:41   Link #137
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I laughed a good amount at the Get Smart movie. I know one part made me crack up.
Old 2013-09-10, 22:51   Link #138
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Street Fighter.

Julia's stellar performance as Bison was more than enough to make up for the movie's weaknesses, imo. Plus, I think some fans of the game perhaps had overly high hopes/expectations for the movie. It ended up being a decent popcorn action flick, in my view. Nothing great, not as good as the first Mortal Kombat movie, but still pretty good. I've certainly seen worse video game-based movies.
Old 2013-09-10, 23:33   Link #139
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Death or Alive movie?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 18:40   Link #140
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Next Day Air.

By no means a classic but a solid movie. Wood Harris never disappoints.