Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-12, 12:23   Link #1
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Ice OVA

A promo is fansubbed and released by yu. Now I heard the setting is an apocalyptic world where all guys are extinct, and the girls are the only survivors.

So are you guys jumping the gun a bit saying that it's a shoujo-ai series in spite the fact that the shoujo-ai relationships are ridiculously more likely? Oh what the hell, I'll might check this out.
Old 2007-03-12, 18:11   Link #2
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
just watched the promo. where have i seen that character design/drawing before?

禁則事項です
Old 2007-03-12, 19:03   Link #3
SomeWhiteGuy

WTF?!?!? Whats w/ the promo? I cant read that fast,,,
And yeah. I lol'ed when I caught "all men are extinct", but then, I see allot of chars who look like... men...
Are they just manly women? Or are men just yet to be extinct?
Old 2007-03-12, 19:41   Link #4
wilf

The baby near the end is male...
Old 2007-03-12, 21:45   Link #5
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilf View Post
Spoiler:

Corrected for possible spoilers.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-15, 20:08   Link #6
BiZz
God ?

Shoujo-ai why not

But I hope the plot is good...

It reminds me a movie "Children of men"
Old 2007-03-16, 09:47   Link #7
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
The main site is hard to navigate >.< plus I can't read japanese. Well not really, just can't read.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-05-28, 13:57   Link #8
BiZz
God ?

So the dvd is out.
www.project-ice.com

Spoiler:

Did somebody watch it ? any summaries about this ?
Old 2007-06-01, 08:00   Link #9
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ice Ova

I read about this series in Newtype I did a search but no thread about it. Also, i cant find much on it. If anyone has anymore info please drop me a line. In the mean time i will give the synopsis from Newtype.

It’s the year 2012. An unknown pollutant has infected human DNA and killed all males on the planet, dramatically altering the face of human society. With Earth’s population now down to only a few thousand woman gathered amidst the ruins of Shinjuku ward in Tokyo, Japan becomes the new capital of what’s left of civilization. The last women on earth are split between the pessimists who’ve accepted that the human race is doomed and resolve to spend their last days in hedonistic revelry, and the optimists, who still hold out for hope for the future and use science to actively search for ways to save the human race. The two camps often clash due to their different views, and scuffles are breaking out left and right

Hitomi Landsknecht is the leader of a group of soldiers devoted to protecting the peace. While on a mission to prevent a bio-terrorist attack, she enters the forest now overgrowing much of Tokyo and meets a girl named Yuki who belongs to what’s likely to be the last generation of mankind. Elsewhere, a group of scientist have discovred something they call “ICE” which offers hope for new male births. What will become of Hitomi and Yuki’s friendship and will the ICE really save humankind?

ICE features the talents of the massive all girl singing group AKB48 (who voice many of the characters and also sing the theme song) and their lyricist/producer Yasushi Akimoto, who created the original concept for the show and was heavily involved in the planning. The breathtaking mecha and architecture designs are done by well-known designer/modeler Makoto Kobayashi. A total of three OVA installments will be released.
Old 2007-06-01, 08:09   Link #10
BiZz
God ?

Here is the thread
Old 2007-06-01, 09:43   Link #11
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZz View Post
Here is the thread
thanks i could not find it when i did a search. Mod could you please delete this thread thanks
Old 2007-06-02, 07:34   Link #12
Honey_and_Cleaver

Ok, so who is the lucky guy in this series, shounen bum again? Must all the animes this days indirectly trying to potray that one guy who is the shadow of the producer of the anime, being in a harem world.
Old 2007-06-02, 15:06   Link #13
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

The main premise is that all the males have been wiped out. It's basically an all girl cast imo. The theoretical males in this title won't become harem males for a long time imo. See original thread or Sinestra's post in this one for details.
Old 2007-06-04, 05:49   Link #14
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
A mod might as well integrate this thread with the one created before.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-06-07, 11:31   Link #15
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I read about this in a last month's issue of 'Newtype USA'. I'm curious to check this feature out. The designs do look interesting.

Checked out the trailer, lots of CG of course. But as far as some background designs look really nice. So ya think this title is going to have that 'shoujo-ai' element? Cause 'Hitomi' is the manliest-looking woman you'll ever see. Ha.

Actually, when I think of the term "ice" I wonder if they are referring to like being put on ice or finding signs of evolution. That might be the case. But I'm curious to see where the meaning comes from. Seems this is going to be an ongoing project.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2007-06-13, 19:29   Link #16
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
The first episode RAW is out in that place. Did anyone check it out?
Old 2007-06-16, 02:28   Link #17
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

I watched it! It was pretty cool, though totally odd hearing Akira Ishida voice a woman.
Old 2007-06-16, 07:33   Link #18
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

I remember seeing the promo for this...I think it was like over a minute.....Nagasarete Airantou with a serious political tone.

Any idea on might sub this OVA ??? @_@
Old 2007-06-17, 18:31   Link #19
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Saw the sub, it was pretty interesting. Way more gory than I was expecting, but it was not distracting. Definitely a "part 1", as there were tons set up. And the last scene was really unexpected by me from that character. Not bad at all.
Old 2007-06-18, 03:16   Link #20
Manifold

Quote:
By A.D. 2010, all men have died off quickly due to a dramatic change in the environment and an unknown contaminant. The population decreased to the lowest number ever seen...until only the women were left alive.
That introduction from AniDB.net reminded me of a science fiction story I read not long ago. H.G. Wells' 'Consider Her Ways', in which only the women survived from some 'unknown contaminant'. Heh, though in Wells' story, the women reproduce without male assistance.

Series looks like an interesting watch I like post-apocalyptic settings.
Closed Thread