AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 26 26.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 43.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.06%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-28, 23:05   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Lucky Star - Episode 04 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler tags still can be used where one deems appropriate. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags as they are shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how how grandma does it.
or
The macho way: By writing those l33t vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=the reason for *your* spoiler]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for reminder:
Old 2007-04-29, 02:42   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Just thought I'd mention that stylisticly in keeping with the other episode threads, the thread should be titled Lucky Star - Episode 04 Discussion/Poll.
Old 2007-04-29, 02:48   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I guess Monir will have to throw himself on his sword.... or singlehandedly eat a popsicle without dropping it... or something.
Old 2007-04-29, 03:35   Link #4
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

All I can say before this becomes available is I hope to god they don't try to advertise to me or start a 3 minute musical singing number. Any time that happens my rating for an episode instantly drops a point for either personal offense, and I really truly don't want to have to do that. I would have given episode 3 an 8/10 rating if it weren't for the ads for Comptiq and the botched spirit of the ending. I hope Kyoto Animation can develop some sort of resistance to the will of their sponsors like Sunrise used to be known for.

To put it simply, I hate being advertised too while watching a show and I don't want to buy your Character Singles so keep it in the commericals studios. I've dropped entire series over these issues (Manabi Straight and Soprano's Season 6 [up to this date I still haven't seen all of it] are examples that come to mind) and I wouldn't hesisitate to do it here if they can't keep it under control. Keeps fingers crossed and hopes for the best.
Old 2007-04-29, 06:09   Link #5
Aetheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
All I can say before this becomes available is I hope to god they don't try to advertise to me or start a 3 minute musical singing number. Any time that happens my rating for an episode instantly drops a point for either personal offense, and I really truly don't want to have to do that. I would have given episode 3 an 8/10 rating if it weren't for the ads for Comptiq and the botched spirit of the ending. I hope Kyoto Animation can develop some sort of resistance to the will of their sponsors like Sunrise used to be known for.

To put it simply, I hate being advertised too while watching a show and I don't want to buy your Character Singles so keep it in the commericals studios. I've dropped entire series over these issues (Manabi Straight and Soprano's Season 6 [up to this date I still haven't seen all of it] are examples that come to mind) and I wouldn't hesisitate to do it here if they can't keep it under control. Keeps fingers crossed and hopes for the best.
How far are you willing to let Lucky Star go before you consider it advertising?
Old 2007-04-29, 08:27   Link #6
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I would have given episode 3 an 8/10 rating if it weren't for the ads for Comptiq and the botched spirit of the ending. I hope Kyoto Animation can develop some sort of resistance to the will of their sponsors like Sunrise used to be known for.
Konata read Comptiq in the manga. I thinks it's more of a gag that she reads the magazine that Lucky Star runs in than advertising.

Anyway I expect more crazy references from this episode.
Old 2007-04-29, 08:54   Link #7
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Hell, I could have sworn that Gintama's male lead have been reading Shonen Jump while saying "I wish I had something like bankai". Did anybody cried viral marketting? I don't think so.
Old 2007-04-29, 08:57   Link #8
Demel

It's quite inevitable that Konata talks a lot about Comptiq in the anime, because that's also what she did (to a rather fair extent I might add) in the manga. Taking all the 'advertising' out actually takes out quite a bit of conversation between Kagami and Konata.
Old 2007-04-29, 10:43   Link #9
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Highlights of Ep 4 :-

Konata's Room.

To Heart, Haruhi and FMP Reference.

Lots and lots of closeup. Including one of Kagami crying.

First appearance of Konata's mom, Kanata.

Balant advertising of Comptiq. Again. Even in Lucky Channel. At least Akira change her outfit.
Old 2007-04-29, 10:54   Link #10
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
From the screencaps I have seen at 2ch, Nanako gets screentime in this episode.
Old 2007-04-29, 11:12   Link #11
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Hell, I could have sworn that Gintama's male lead have been reading Shonen Jump while saying "I wish I had something like bankai". Did anybody cried viral marketting? I don't think so.
Haha.

Sunrise IS one of the masters of referencing. In fact, I'd say that they're argubly the best animation studio at referencing. At least they don't need to bleep out Gundam references. I mean, the Gintama "bankai" thing among others are the usual fare of Gintama. Let's not forget the "movie ads" thing. If we call those viral marketing, it's viral marketing at it's best.

There's Yakitate Japan and Keroro Gunsou as well. Both too...referencing at it's best.

Code Geass = Pizza Hut too. Pizza Hut clearly did not sign up for that much references of it in CG. The staff of CG got excited at the fun of it and added more out of their own wishes.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-29, 11:16   Link #12
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I guess Monir will have to throw himself on his sword.... or singlehandedly eat a popsicle without dropping it... or something.
Even though Kaioshin outlined the "style" that was lacking, it still took me 20 seconds to realize that I forgot to add the "0."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Just thought I'd mention that stylisticly in keeping with the other episode threads, the thread should be titled Lucky Star - Episode 04 Discussion/Poll.
Fixed! On the subject of advertising, I can tolerate them if there is a purpose. False advertising, on the other hand, is unfogivable. There are no lolis in Manabi Straight! So exasperatingly misleading. Highschoolers designed to be appeared as lolis can be quite depressing when the cat is out of the bag. I still haven't gotten over that shock when I've finally discovered in episode 3, THEY WERE FRESHMEN IN HIGHSCHOOL!!

Lucky Star is pretty clever in that regard. Nothing, I mean, absolutely nothing has been spared from it's mockingly pointing finger of criticism.
Old 2007-04-29, 11:42   Link #13
AniOta
英語解りません

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/info.html
Old 2007-04-29, 11:48   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniOta View Post
It seems to be saying they are swapping directors. Hiroshi Yamamoto is being swapped out for another guy named Yasuhiro Takemoto.
Old 2007-04-29, 12:09   Link #15
krln99

who directed FMP Fumoff?
Old 2007-04-29, 12:26   Link #16
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
who directed FMP Fumoff?
Yamamoto Hiroshi too.
Is he really being swapped out?

-Haru
Old 2007-04-29, 13:04   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Is he really being swapped out?
Thats what the official site is telling us.

Must admit thats a little bit random --- lets see what FMP-san can do with Lucky Star. But i found Yamamoto to be doing a good job.
Old 2007-04-29, 13:33   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Thats what the official site is telling us.

Must admit thats a little bit random --- lets see what FMP-san can do with Lucky Star. But i found Yamamoto to be doing a good job.
Could be a Drama play. We say what happened with Gurren-Lagann and how much of a furor and publicity that stirred up. Maybe they decided to mimic it to increase popularity for the series, which is still getting a bit of a lukewarm reception. Then again probably not.
Old 2007-04-29, 13:41   Link #19
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As long as we distinguish between 'advertising product placement' and 'this is the normal sort of thing Konata would be chatting about' .... just the use of fad items is okay if it is in context because this is what these sort of people would actually discuss.

Rather like "Want a Coke?" is not an inherent product placement.

In a real sense, *ALL* anime is advertising --- they want us to buy the manga, the figures, and CDs, DVDs....
Old 2007-04-29, 13:44   Link #20
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Question for those who have watched Ep04 and understood the dialogue. Why did Kagami cry?

*sniffle*

(I should be asleep already... but I am burning to know answers from this and StrikerS... Man... I am going to "die" tomorrow...)