AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 11:50   Link #21
Moeterum

Tobi was always the main villain, NOT Madara.
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 12:18   Link #22
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

It seems another Uchiha has caught Madara's eye in this chapter. And since Obito betrayed him, this will give him more routes to take.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 12:21   Link #23
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
who's jumping to conclusions? the obito story has been horrible. this twist changes nothing about his awful motivation or awful fight with kakashi. and in case you hadn't noticed, this chapter still talks about his unrequited love for rin. that horse has been beaten to death to the point of it just being a puddle of blood at this point.
This.

Quote:
someone should have informed obito about internet dating. there's plenty of fish out there
Also this. As a powerful ninja (by the time Rin died), he could've easily gotten pretty much any tail he wanted. There's always girls who just want that powerful, dark guy, I mean look at how many girls like(d) Sasuke.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 12:28   Link #24
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
me neither. i quite like this development. there are still some explanations i want from obito (particularly spiral zetsu) and i want to see more of a discussion between him and minato
There are still about a dozen loose ends in the plot related to Obito, even if some of them are never heard off again a few are bound to be addressed eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
I'm glad i didn't loose faith in Obito,s character.It's not logical to think linear about stories like this.
I don't think you understand what linear thinking means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
It was fun reading last chapters post and how everyone jumped to conclutions, as always, that Obito's character was flawed and the author was a terrible writer. So now we know that Obito had a plan all along.
It has been hinted that Obito intended to double cross Madara since a little more than 70 chapters but if you think this made a difference in the discussion about his worth as a villain you really don't understand the reason people have a problem with Tobito.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 12:38   Link #25
Kurohane

Nice to see Naruto actually out thought his dad and Sasuke, when it came to Obito's objective. It was a refreshing change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Great Chapter. Though need to see animated!

Wonder who is the traitor Obito speaks of just before becoming the 10 tails?
Probably talking about Sasuke as Minato doesn't yet know the troubles he's caused for the village and Naruto.
Old 2013-07-03, 12:55   Link #26
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
It's funny. For a mangaka who admits to being clueless about romance, and refuses to even have any of his 16 year old characters involved in any relationships even though that should be natural, makes the butthurt feelings of a kid who fell in love with an unattainable girl at 13, the emphasis for him becoming final villain.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 13:00   Link #27
GDB

If anything, I'd say that's a good reason why he doesn't. Just looks what happens when he does!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 13:41   Link #28
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i din't expect him to double cross Madara,the authority of the big villain has shifted from madara to obito, and naruto said that's what he always wanted, so this was obito's plan all along, so he was using Madara.
i thought the obito was finally over, but now he looks like the real big villian
Old 2013-07-03, 13:48   Link #29
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I didn't completely understand the fighting in this chapter.
So everyone was rushing to Obito, to stop him from reviving Madara, but in the end it was the fourth, who reached him first, because he had him marked as target for his teleportation, did I understand this correct?
But how could the fourth know, that it was Obito he was against? IIRC the Hokage were never informed about the identity of the second Madara.
He didn't know it was Obito until he was face to face with him and Obito said "...Sen Sei...". He knew that that was "Tobi" the masked man he was fighting all those years ago, and then realized it was Obito all along.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 14:25   Link #30
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Wonder who is the traitor Obito speaks of just before becoming the 10 tails?
It was sasuke who said "the war can end now" and then obito replied "what makes you think the war will end, you fellow of the traitor"

I'm not sure but I think the "traitor" is referring to Itachi. Basically he is insulting sasuke by telling him that he is brothers/related (fellow) of the traitor who backstabbed the Uchiha (namely itachi).

But then again Obito took part in that plan as well. But then again AGAIN! perhaps obito viewed Itachi's decision as a purely pro-konoha/anti-uchiha one, but his own decision to help Itachi was not rooted in pro-konoha ideals, so in sense obito was not "betraying" the uchiha ... he was only using them for a longer term goal.

I hate reading translations. Someone who understands Japanese needs to provide some insights into who the "fellow of the traitor" is that Obito is referring to.

Also, has anyone noticed that Madara's favourite face lately is ;

He has made it multiple times since the start of the fight many chapters ago, and again this chapter when he said "well, that was a failure, oh well" (when obito was killed)

Last edited by Cookie-Monster; 2013-07-03 at 15:19.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:17   Link #31
james0246

I don't mind Obito's sudden revival (as a threat). Doesn't do much for him as a villain, but it's always nice when a bad guy has some bite to go along with their whiny bark. I hope he wins this little battle and is able to cast his wish upon the world. Can't wait to see how it goes wrong...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:41   Link #32
DarkRaven
GOD

lol That madara always acting so cool about anything... he admits his failure and still smiles and just sat down xD
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:53   Link #33
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

meh....

last week, I really hope Obito isn't died in simple way such as being Rinne Tensei's sacrifice
but today, I want him dead in Minato's hand

for him to become Juubi's jinchuuriki..... I think Madara is more deserved
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 16:21   Link #34
Ero-Senn1n

I must admit that i hoped we will finally see Madara as the new Rikudo so i never expected this outcome, and also i was hoping that Obito and his broken story might now be paused for a longer time (obviously his story has to end, so i didn't expect him to just die and never come back, i actually exptected that he will be revived together with the whole alliance army at the end of the war when someone does a mass resurrection).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
It was fun reading last chapters post and how everyone jumped to conclutions, as always, that Obito's character was flawed and the author was a terrible writer. So now we know that Obito had a plan all along.
Him being hurt by Kakashi in such a low level way still doesn't make sense. So it doesn't matter what happens in this chapter or in any chapter after this, in the last chapter Obito's performance was simply nonsense. Why i don't care about that too much is because as i wrote he is the anti-Naruto, so despite he became very strong he is in some ways still that old dropout who might fail in relatively easy situations and might do really dumb things sometimes. And BTW the past plot holes that are more about the inconsistenices in his character than his power level and abilities were not explained and some of those probably never will be.

What i liked in this chapter that my previous complaint about Obito being completely unprepared for the case of Madara using him was addressed here. The master manipulator behind the akatsuki in the end lived up to his previous role and was prepared to fool even Madara. Plot hole cleared by Kishi

Now i hope that what i described months earlier might become reality: Obito using a partial eternal tsukiyomi to make the alliance members fight each other. The possible combinations are many: Naruto vs Sasuke, hokages vs team7, Madara vs hokages,

Also now there's a chance that all those sharingan eyes might be used for something interesting.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 16:44   Link #35
itachi-san314

^I'd say it's a 100% guarantee those eyes will come into play now. in a convoluted way it also kinda answers why he didn't want to use izanagi vs kakashi and waste one, if the more he has, the more powerful technique he can cast while being the juubi jinchuuriki. him and kakashi should have never even fought like that in the first place. that whole scene makes no sense, but now it's over and obito can actually be kind of cool again for a little while

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
i thought the obito was finally over, but now he looks like the real big villian
well, let's not forget about orochimaru here
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 17:37   Link #36
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I must admit that i hoped we will finally see Madara as the new Rikudo so i never expected this outcome, and also i was hoping that Obito and his broken story might now be paused for a longer time (obviously his story has to end, so i didn't expect him to just die and never come back, i actually exptected that he will be revived together with the whole alliance army at the end of the war when someone does a mass resurrection).

Him being hurt by Kakashi in such a low level way still doesn't make sense. So it doesn't matter what happens in this chapter or in any chapter after this, in the last chapter Obito's performance was simply nonsense. Why i don't care about that too much is because as i wrote he is the anti-Naruto, so despite he became very strong he is in some ways still that old dropout who might fail in relatively easy situations and might do really dumb things sometimes. And BTW the past plot holes that are more about the inconsistenices in his character than his power level and abilities were not explained and some of those probably never will be.

What i liked in this chapter that my previous complaint about Obito being completely unprepared for the case of Madara using him was addressed here. The master manipulator behind the akatsuki in the end lived up to his previous role and was prepared to fool even Madara. Plot hole cleared by Kishi

Now i hope that what i described months earlier might become reality: Obito using a partial eternal tsukiyomi to make the alliance members fight each other. The possible combinations are many: Naruto vs Sasuke, hokages vs team7, Madara vs hokages,

Also now there's a chance that all those sharingan eyes might be used for something interesting.
Personally I think that its either one of two things (as far as kakashi giving obito a run for his money).

a) Kakashi is uniquely equipped to deal with obito (ie, Obito's god-like strength comes from his ability to manipulate time-space so well. When Kakashi enters that space with him (forcing obito to fight in other ways), then obito is not that strong. (and we know kakashi is particularly skilled when it comes to all-round quick-thinking type fighting)

b) Perhaps deep down obito didn't really have the resolve to kill Kakashi. His unwillingness to kill his old friend may have made him purposely pull his punches and fight sloppy.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 18:04   Link #37
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
Personally I think that its either one of two things (as far as kakashi giving obito a run for his money).

a) Kakashi is uniquely equipped to deal with obito (ie, Obito's god-like strength comes from his ability to manipulate time-space so well. When Kakashi enters that space with him (forcing obito to fight in other ways), then obito is not that strong. (and we know kakashi is particularly skilled when it comes to all-round quick-thinking type fighting)

b) Perhaps deep down obito didn't really have the resolve to kill Kakashi. His unwillingness to kill his old friend may have made him purposely pull his punches and fight sloppy.
at face value, both these options are probably what kishi was going for, but looking deeper, neither makes any sense. in option a that doesn't account for obito not using mokuton, izanagi, or his powerful elemental jutsus. plus are we to believe that kakashi has already mastered kamui to the extent obito has? i dont buy that for a second.

in option b it was obito who started the fight in the first place. if he didnt want to fight kakashi then he should have just ignored him and did his own thing.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 18:09   Link #38
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
plus are we to believe that kakashi has already mastered kamui to the extent obito has? i dont buy that for a second.
In this manga there are "geniuses" who are able to do that and Kakashi is one of them. My problem with that would be that he simply can't get enough chakra to do that so effortlessly as Obito can. But we already saw from the 1st day of this war that Kakashi now in a magical way has no more chakra problems that he always had. I remember debating whether Obito's jutsu requires MS, and i thought it shouldn't since he is spamming it and that would require not only much chakra but also his eyes should burn out like Sasuke's did. Remember Kakashi asking Itachi about how bad is his eyesight. Apparently Kishi forgot about all that problem of using MS, that even Kakashi who very rarely used it (he used it like 2 or 3 times against Deidara and he passed out) has noticed that Obito's eye that he has is worsening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
I did double-check the chapter for signs of that, but i couldn't notice any. There should be at least a minor hint about that happening, otherwise what would be the point of showing us how crappy Obito performed there. If there was a hint we could argue if Obito deliberately missed Kakashi's vital organs with his black rod. Or maybe i missed something in that chapter...
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 18:11   Link #39
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Why i don't care about that too much is because as i wrote he is the anti-Naruto, so despite he became very strong he is in some ways still that old dropout who might fail in relatively easy situations and might do really dumb things sometimes.
Its funny because as obvious as this is, some people were adamantly stating that Obito is "not" that similar to Naruto when some people accurately called Obito the "Naruto" of his generation. I mean the author practically went out of his way to spell it out for us by his attitude, team setup, and even appearance. The way he's been paying attention to Naruto during the whole fight, watching his reaction to his philosophical crap is also a big hint.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 18:19   Link #40
Owlman

Quote:
Him being hurt by Kakashi in such a low level way still doesn't make sense. So it doesn't matter what happens in this chapter or in any chapter after this, in the last chapter Obito's performance was simply nonsense.
I agree, he couldve done far more than he did, but somehow I think most of the problem was about who was going to kill the "leader of Akatsuki", rather than how he was killed. If Naruto did what Kakashi just did with a rasengan, I doubt we'd get the same amount of complaints.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion