AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-13, 18:00   Link #161
james0246

^Or, it could just as easily mean that the title of "Most Wanted" could be the top most title possible in the One Piece world (with other titles such as Strongest, Smartest, Fastest, Fatest, etc placed beneath the title of Most Wanted).
Old 2009-04-13, 18:01   Link #162
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Or, it could just as easily mean that the title of "Most Wanted" could be the top most title possible in the One Piece world (with other titles such as Strongest, Smartest, Fastest, Fatest, etc beneath the title of Most Wanted).
No.................
Old 2009-04-13, 18:03   Link #163
james0246

Why no?
Old 2009-04-13, 18:09   Link #164
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
The diffrence between WBeard's and Dragon's power is where they keep it.
WB has a crew that follows him everywhere he goes, so he is at his best at all time.
Dragon has a army of revolutionary. They are all around the world, and gathering force requires him time, and need to do so. He has to prepare for a battle more, but he suppose to be a great strategist so having people coming from diffrent sites at diffrent pace is good for him.
Old 2009-04-13, 18:10   Link #165
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Why no?
Who is the strongest man in the world? Eward Newgate.

If most wanted was Top/above it Dragon would be stronger, thus Whitebeard would not be strongest man. Again if the most wanted man in the world was a title given to the strongest, Whitebeard would have it, for being the strongest.

I'm banking on that Dragon was given that tile, because of what he knows (knowledge).
Old 2009-04-13, 18:16   Link #166
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post

If most wanted was Top/above it Dragon would be stronger, thus Whitebeard would not be strongest man. Again if the most wanted man in the world was a title given to the strongest, Whitebeard would have it, for being the strongest.

I'm banking on the fact that Dragon was given that tile, because of what he knows (knowledge).
If WB didn't have his crew with him, then two or three admirals could gang up on him and deafet him.
Being the strongest doesn't mean that he is unbeatable - as most people hits this by saying that the strongest man alive will soon stop being alive.
WB has his crew and is NewWorld, and that's why it's hard to get his ass. Dragon is in unknown place guarded by unknown people of unknown abillities.
Dragon is harder to get and so he is a bigger threat, and more wanted.
Old 2009-04-13, 18:22   Link #167
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
If WB didn't have his crew with him, then two or three admirals could gang up on him and deafet him.
Maybe maybe not, we will see in the upcoming war.

Quote:
Being the strongest doesn't mean that he is unbeatable - as most people hits this by saying that the strongest man alive will soon stop being alive.
Never said he was.

Quote:
WB has his crew and is NewWorld, and that's why it's hard to get his ass. Dragon is in unknown place guarded by unknown people of unknown abillities.
Dragon is harder to get and so he is a bigger threat, and more wanted.
Really now? is that why Whitebeard is leaving the new world to fight the WG?
Whitebeard ain't the strongest for having the best Pirate crew, or ganging up on someone, Whitebeard is the strongest for handling his. weather it is a one on one fight or a full on Pirate crew brawl.
Old 2009-04-13, 18:32   Link #168
Wolcik

Whitebeard is the strongest there is after King died. But he's only one person. Without his crew (and from what we saw they aren't pushovers - 96kk is a nobody for them) he wouldn't last this long.
That's the way world goes. Luffy even when he'll be the Pirate King will still need his crew.
Old 2009-04-13, 18:35   Link #169
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Whitebeard is the strongest there is after King died. But he's only one person. Without his crew (and from what we saw they aren't pushovers - 96kk is a nobody for them) he wouldn't last this long.
That's the way world goes. Luffy even when he'll be the Pirate King will still need his crew.
Of course Whitebeard needs his crew, Its just that I disagree with anyone saying he is who he is because of them and only them. When that is not the case.
Old 2009-04-13, 18:39   Link #170
Wolcik

Quote:
Of course Whitebeard needs his crew, Its just that I disagree with anyone saying he is who he is because of them and only them. When that is not the case.
So Whitebeard is the strongest because he is who he is.
Then is Dragon the most wanted because he is who he is, or is it what he posses?
Old 2009-04-13, 18:42   Link #171
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
So Whitebeard is the strongest because he is who he is.
No, I didn't mean it that way, what I mean is Whitebeard is the the strongest for equaling the strongest PK. Not because of his Pirate crew, although they two also come in handy.
Old 2009-04-13, 19:05   Link #172
james0246

Quote:
I'm banking on that Dragon was given that tile, because of what he knows (knowledge).
But, as I said, that doesn't make much sense. Why wasn't/isn't Robin given similar treatment? The difference in their knowledge cannot be that great (at most he would know the full truth concerning the Void Century, whereas she would only know some). Additionally, why haven't the Admirals crushed him then? What, is he threatening to release the knowledge? That would just add to the reason to destroy him. In the real world, if a Terrorist threatens your nation, then the leaders destroy said terrorist (or at least the terrorist's base of operations, effectively limiting terrorist activity), but, in One Piece, the WG has not destroyed Dragon, and he is constantly getting stronger.

As I said before, if you cannot come up with a legitimate reason for why the WG hasn't destroyed him yet, then you really have no reason for placing the Worlds Most Wanted Man below the World's Strongest Man.
Old 2009-04-13, 19:23   Link #173
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
But, as I said, that doesn't make much sense. Why wasn't/isn't Robin given similar treatment?
You act as if the amount of knowledge don't vary.

Quote:
The difference in their knowledge cannot be that great (at most he would know the full truth concerning the Void Century, whereas she would only know some). Additionally, why haven't the Admirals crushed him then? What, is he threatening to release the knowledge? That would just add to the reason to destroy him. In the real world, if a Terrorist threatens your nation, then the leaders destroy said terrorist (or at least the terrorist's base of operations, effectively limiting terrorist activity), but, in One Piece, the WG has not destroyed Dragon, and he is constantly getting stronger.

As I said before, if you cannot come up with a legitimate reason for why the WG hasn't destroyed him yet, then you really have no reason for placing the Worlds Most Wanted Man below the World's Strongest Man.
They can't find him......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinbei

Old 2009-04-13, 19:35   Link #174
james0246

Quote:
You act as if the amount of knowledge don't vary.
Actually, I did address the fact that their level of knowledge may be different, but that is still not sufficient reasoning because the WG did not necessarily know what Robin knew or not, so there is no way to say that she knew less than Dragon might know and consequently they would have to treat her as a similar level threat until she is captured and fully interogated. Consequently, since she was not treated as harshly due to her knowledge, it is likely that the knowledge she and possibly Dragon has is not sufficient reason for placing the highest bounty on Dragon.

Quote:
They can't find him......
So they let him conquer untold amounts of islands and lands simply because they can't find him...I'm not even sure what to say to that other than hoping you are being facetious.

Quote:
You seem to be confusing something - Whitebeard's title is an unofficial title given to him by the pirates of the world for standing toe to toe with Roger. Dragon's title is an official title (or at least, nearly official (he could simply have the highest bounty, so he is called the The Most Wanted)) provided by the WG itself. Consequently, the WG is stating that they fear Dragon far more than they fear Whitebeard by assigning him the title of Most Wanted, which in turns means that Most Wanted is greater than Strongest (at least within the WG).
Old 2009-04-13, 19:38   Link #175
Blackbeard D. Kuma

JINBEI, to put it simply, all we're trying to say here is that Dragon is the biggest threat to the World Government and that he's going to be a freaking powerhouse when we see him seriously fight. I've already given you examples to show why this is obvious. This argument is going nowhere.
Old 2009-04-13, 19:41   Link #176
Wolcik

Don't compare real world terrorism to OP one.

In OP terrorism is good XD because the goverment is bad, and not in a angsty weird sientist/hacker opinion bad, but overally bad filled with bad people with bad ideas about rulling.

Plus there is a big, fat diffrence in reality and OP version of things that makes me laught the most. In OP the strongest member of the crew or any organisation is usually the captain or an admiral (Spandam is exception of that). In real world the strongest phisically and mentally are the lowest ranks, that in OP are cannon fodders. When people have status and money that comes with it, they become lazy and use those people under them.
That's why when I see a captain or vice-admiral that is actually the strongest guy on his ship, and does not only gives away orders, I can laught just at the idea of it XD

EDIT- The bounty as we know represents a threat to WG. Possible fighting capability if that person would attack WG and the means witch which he/she could do that.
Luffy after deafeted all strong captain on his sea, was given a bounty because he disturbed the ballance, and it was consider as his tendency, plus his fighting capabilities.
Robin can fight, but her bounty given to her as a child ment that she possesed knownladge to incriminate WG, and she can bring ancient weapons to live. Her bounty probably didn't rise (till she become SH) because she didn't attack WG personaly and didn't go for the weapons.
Old 2009-04-13, 19:56   Link #177
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I did address the fact that their level of knowledge may be different, but that is still not sufficient reasoning because the WG did not necessarily know what Robin knew or not, so there is no way to say that she knew less than Dragon might know and consequently they would have to treat her as a similar level threat until she is captured and fully interogated.
Not really They Know where Robin is from and what not and what range of knowledge she might posses, Dragon on the other hand, could have stolen very important doc etc etc. which places him where he is.

I can make up a million reasons why.

Quote:
So they let him conquer untold amounts of islands and lands simply because they can't find him...
I just answered your question, with what the manga gives, They can't find him.

Quote:
You seem to be confusing something - Whitebeard's title is a title given to him by the pirates of the world for standing toe to toe with Roger. Dragon's title is an official title (or at least, nearly official (he could simply have the highest bounty, so he is called the The Most Wanted)) provided by the WG itself. Consequently, the WG is stating that they fear Dragon far more than they fear Whitebeard by assigning him the title of Most Wanted, which in turns means that Most Wanted is greater than Strongest (at least within the WG).
One of Whitebeard's titles "Strongest man in the world."

Dragon's "most wanted man in the world."

When it comes down to strength, Whitebeard > Dragon.

When it comes down to threat/being a criminal Dragon > Whitebeard.

I don't think I ever disagreed with that.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-04-13 at 20:06.
Old 2009-04-13, 20:20   Link #178
AceD
See You En' Tee

Am curious how Dragon's devil's fruit works ; lets say it is Storm type, does this give him the use of Lightning, Water and Wind? that would be somewhat unique :|
Old 2009-04-13, 21:17   Link #179
gencbiba

Completely irrelevant to the chapter discussion, but what would happen if Rob Lucci joined Luffy's crew? *dreams*

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2009-04-13, 21:22   Link #180
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Here's what I can tell from the schedule at a certain raw site: Current chapter (539) came out in Jump 2009 #20. Issue #21 is due as normal this week and One Piece has been listed as absent. Nothing I'm aware of indicates Naruto or Bleach are absent.

The following week's Jump is issue #22-23 (a double-week issue because of Golden Week) and has One Piece on the front page. That seems to have Naruto and Bleach as well (Eyeshield 21 marked as absent). The next issue of Jump (#24) will be 2 weeks after that.
This seems to be better news...No one piece this week but we get one piece next week, then Golden week after that. At least Bleach and Naruto continues for the next two weeks.

Appreciate the info Kari-no-sugata.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-04-13 at 22:28.
Closed Thread