Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-14, 01:38   Link #21961
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't really have a problem with child molesters getting punched in the face till they die, but, well, we only have the killer's version of the story. He may be 100% honest, but we can't really tell from where we are.
Thus I think we need to wait until the official investigation is over. I really hope the official investigation is fair and thorough.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:14   Link #21962
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The Swiss Franc or Singapore dollar? Honestly speaking, those are the only two currencies which I have read about so much never running into any trouble......
Actually, on the Swiss Franc, for the past few years it being way too strong a currency compared to everything else has been a hot topic: hurting our exports and global competitivity.
Old 2012-06-14, 08:18   Link #21963
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Actually, on the Swiss Franc, for the past few years it being way too strong a currency compared to everything else has been a hot topic: hurting our exports and global competitivity.
Actually that has been the same case for us too. It hurted our export and contributed to high costs of living.

Fortunately, we have a scapegoat for that : the ruling political party.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-06-14, 08:33   Link #21964
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

High currency is part of the problem than our factory sector ( and export) is facing, but it didn't down the raw material exports.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:14   Link #21965
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
methinks the only way EU-ians will salvage EU is to become more like United States... complete with US-style FED reserve (which they don't have) and Brussels as their own Washington DC.
I'm an "Eu-ian" (really?) and agree with that. In fact I've agreed with that for quite some time now. The european union needs to double down on it's integration. Right now we're at this strange middle ground between an alliance and a federation of states and it's not particularly working.
Old 2012-06-14, 18:04   Link #21966
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's the recommendation from last year about splitting the saving/pension and high risk loan/investment arms? That would be great, but unlikely. Plus the main problem is that the current (since last century actually), the bakning system (particularly the private one) always relies on the tax-payers (through re-capitalization) to cover up their incompetence and losses (which is the source of the current euro crisis and the previous one in the states).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Gold is always a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Whose price can always collapse.
That's not completely true... when currencies were tied to gold, gold was not traded. But since it is an expendable resource, long term is not a good idea... not that there is a better one to stabilize peoples' money... then again currencies are a tool to artificially boost economies (independent of the system followed).
Old 2012-06-14, 22:39   Link #21967
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Allen Stanford sentenced to 110 years in prison
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...85D17720120614
Old 2012-06-15, 01:08   Link #21968
Ridwan

North Dakota says "fuck you" to right-wing activists
Old 2012-06-15, 07:01   Link #21969
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

OH MY GOD

They caught the last remaining terrorst suspect of the Aum cult!!
Wow, after 17 years, all three remaining suspect on the run got caught one after another in 2012.
Victims of that terrorist attack may finally rest in peace...

They still haven't carried out the execution of their leader who is on the death-row.
I wish they could just throw all 4 of them in a gas chamber and be done with.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:38   Link #21970
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Quote:
with fears that the religious freedom proposal could legalize child abuse, domestic violence, ritual animal sacrifice and the marriage of 12-year-old girls.
Although I agree that the other 3 are outrageous and should be criminalised in a modern society, I don't see why the marriage of 12-year-old girls are unacceptable. What is wrong with marrying adorable lolis - *IS SHOT*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:51   Link #21971
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I wish they could just throw all 4 of them in a gas chamber and be done with.
I don't think Japan ever used the gas chamber for human executions.
Old 2012-06-15, 08:11   Link #21972
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Although I agree that the other 3 are outrageous and should be criminalised in a modern society, I don't see why the marriage of 12-year-old girls are unacceptable. What is wrong with marrying adorable lolis - *IS SHOT*
Because real 12 yr olds are a hormone-raging crazy moody person of terror and chaos. The law is for your protection
Old 2012-06-15, 08:23   Link #21973
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Given the crimes, it would be a appropriate way of execution.
Old 2012-06-15, 08:26   Link #21974
Ridwan

Quote:
Because it's part of Sharia Law
Old 2012-06-15, 08:53   Link #21975
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
It wasn't a serious statement...

I don't know how familiar you are with the Sarin gas terrorist attack,
but I'm willing to turn a blind eye to some barbaric sharia "eye for an eye" punishment in their case.
Old 2012-06-15, 09:11   Link #21976
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
You have never heard of Unit 731, have you? Not only they did that, they did something even worse.
Old 2012-06-15, 09:11   Link #21977
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Because real 12 yr olds are a hormone-raging crazy moody person of terror and chaos. The law is for your protection
Tsundere lolis? I don't mind actually.

*looks at Vexx's cybernetics on the X-ray scan*

I will rethink that statement.

Quote:
Actually we don't need the Sharia law. There is something called the Special Marriage License that allows us to marry lolis!

Old 2012-06-15, 09:14   Link #21978
Ridwan

Quote:
It is self-evidently Sharia-inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
... but I'm willing to turn a blind eye to some barbaric sharia "eye for an eye" punishment in their case.
Usually I would immediately stomp this kind of remarks with ironic snarks, but ignorance can certainly be innocent.

People often confuse the entire concept with sharia with "hudduud" a part of it that has been quite frequently ignored by muslims. "Hudduud" is what people typically thinks of Sharia. That is, hand amputation for stealing, killing a murderer, that kind of stuff, since the proponents of it has been the loudest among muslims for the last 100 years. In reality, as I said this part has been often ignored, or at least re-interpreted, to suit the needs and interests in times and places. Islam wouldn't have spread far and wide otherwise.

Sharia actually means "guide to live", including in judicial matters, and it operates on the same basis of `precedent` that Common Law does. Well it is pretty much common law, and the western common law owes a bit from its influence. Therefore, it's actually not at all impossible to reconcile it with civil secularism, which was what the Ottomans, the last Caliphate, attempted, and succeeded at. If not for the empire's violent and tragic demise, it would've sticked and emulated by the rest of muslim world.

Last edited by Ridwan; 2012-06-15 at 09:27.
Old 2012-06-15, 09:33   Link #21979
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Sharia actually means "guide to live", including in judicial matters, and it operates on the same basis of precedents that Common Law does. Well it is pretty much common law, and the western common law owes a bit from its influence. Therefore, it's actually not at all impossible to reconcile it with civil secularism, which was what the Ottomans, the last Caliphate, attempted, and succeeded at. If not for the empire's violent and tragic demise, it would've sticked and emulated by the rest of muslim world.
Actually YES. Most, if not all religions have a root at peaceful co-existence.

Though I believe that the problem lies with the execution of the "Golden Rule" of reciprocity; many have the mindset of "Who first?" or "Why should I go first?". The world may be complex, but usually it doesn't hurt being nice to someone else for no apparent reason.

Old 2012-06-15, 09:46   Link #21980
Ridwan

Quote:
Actually YES. Most, if not all religions have a root at peaceful co-existence.

Though I believe that the problem lies with the execution of the "Golden Rule" of reciprocity; many have the mindset of "Who first?" or "Why should I go first?". The world may be complex, but usually it doesn't hurt being nice to someone else for no apparent reason.
People can easily be, and are usually nice when they're not facing an "other".

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international