AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 22:33   Link #181
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
I don't think so, who does that one? I'll go invite them to drop by
It is called Academy Blues by Daishi Prime. Hope that helps

P.S. It's a really good read. Some of it requires back story of it's predecesorPath of Vengeance to learn about certain aspects of the story, which I won't tell here, so that it doesn't spoil anything although mind you I skipped that one .

P.P.S. Here's also the side story for it: Academy Blues Side Stories

P.P.P.S. FINALLY A PAGE CLAIM!! XD
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:33   Link #182
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Generations Comment, Fuck Yes Hayate action! Finay a story besides Acadmey days which focuses on Hayate, and is well written. Does the Author of Acadmey Days post here anyway?
you wouldn't happen to mean 'academy blues' now would you?

edit: why does everyone keep posting questions and answers while i'm writing mine?
And yes, read path of vengeance first or you'll feel really out of the loop

edit 2: and it's quite hayate centric after the path of vengeance, and also an excellent read... i consider myself lucky to have run into it by accident as the first nanoha fanfic i read
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:42   Link #183
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
I heard those were really good, but I've never read because I, for some reason, don't really like reading Hayate that much ( which is odd because I love writing with her)
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:46   Link #184
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
I heard those were really good, but I've never read because I, for some reason, don't really like reading Hayate that much ( which is odd because I love writing with her)
well try reading the path of vengeance first then, it's not hayate centric in my opinion (though she appears often in it), and if you like it enough, you might want to read academy blues afterwards

Edit: err... cancel that, it's hayate centric allright, it's just been quite a while since i read it.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...

Last edited by SpaceBrotha; 2008-01-15 at 00:02.
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 00:39   Link #185
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Well, I never thought my fanfics were leet but I stopped for the night and saved and.......
Spoiler for they are very leet:
Old 2008-01-15, 00:44   Link #186
Liingo
Love Hina?

^^ XD

Random Post of the day goes to Satashi.

Urgh, going to have to get off my lazy ass and start writing again... haven't touched my fics for ages.... TT
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 00:46   Link #187
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
^^ XD

Urgh, going to have to get off my lazy ass and start writing again... haven't touched my fics for ages.... TT
Link me to your fics and/or FF.N profile so I can archive you, btw.

and yes, write more!
Old 2008-01-15, 00:49   Link #188
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Well, I never thought my fanfics were leet but I stopped for the night and saved and.......
Spoiler for they are very leet:
LOL You wrote that in a very short space of time didn't you? LOL XD
Old 2008-01-15, 00:55   Link #189
Liingo
Love Hina?

You mean this?

Although it doesn't help that I've got nothing on it

I can pass you the link to my reference link in the OC thread that lists all my present work, but those works aren't really friendly to people outside of the OC thread since they're set at least 2-3 years from where I want the beginning of the fic to start.. That coupled with the fact that I haven't written nice backgrounds for my OC's since they're going to get explained in the said fic that I'm writing.. We're going to have a lot of confused people..

Blame the distractions for the lack of writing.... The internets is God for the writer, yet a tool for procratination at the same time...;_;
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 01:58   Link #190
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
You mean this?

Although it doesn't help that I've got nothing on it

I can pass you the link to my reference link in the OC thread that lists all my present work, but those works aren't really friendly to people outside of the OC thread since they're set at least 2-3 years from where I want the beginning of the fic to start.. That coupled with the fact that I haven't written nice backgrounds for my OC's since they're going to get explained in the said fic that I'm writing.. We're going to have a lot of confused people..

Blame the distractions for the lack of writing.... The internets is God for the writer, yet a tool for procratination at the same time...;_;
I agree on going back to work with Liingo on this one...

Speaking of which, i've beeon TOO LAZY updating my fics, reading Tech Support Comedy and also

I'm preparing myself for the greatest penitence that i've undertaken so far *cough*Clannad*cough*

Just a Q:

Can we post snippets of planned works/WIPs here? from snip/snap quotes/ficlets, to even OPs? Like what we do in OC...

And Also

@ thread: can anyone rate my Nanoha Works?

@ Satashi: PAY UP YOUR REVIEW DUES!!!

Saint X gets dragged off to the LART shelter.
Old 2008-01-15, 03:40   Link #191
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Part 2...

Spoiler for MGLN GenerationS: Chapter 1: Part 2:
Now that was one long piece to read, but it was well worth it. The OCs might take a bit getting used to, but i am not complaining. I will confess - you had me fooled with the part when Aurion turned "evil" ... curse you !

I like the pacing - it is laid back without being draggy and the character interactions are fun to read. The writing is good and there are not any immediate flaws i can notice, aside from your habit of calling Hayate Mistress of the Knight sky on few occasions ("now the loyal guardians of the Mistress of the Knight Sky" for example).

Liking the implied Yuuno x Nanoha as well ... would be fun to see where this goes and whether Vivio would get a papa eventually

Was a fun read, good job. Moar please ?
Old 2008-01-15, 03:50   Link #192
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourin View Post
Now or Never

Pairing: Signum/Shamal (shoujo ai)

Summary: There had always been something between them but destiny had never allowed this blurry connection to be anything more. (pre-A's)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4012124/1/Now_or_never
A nice Signum/Shamal bit, albeit I did have some reservations about Vita 'pretending' to be arrogant (I'm of the opinion that before becomming Hayate's knight, she was arrogant, makes the development more fun).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Now that was one long piece to read, but it was well worth it. The OCs might take a bit getting used to, but i am not complaining. I will confess - you had me fooled with the part when Aurion turned "evil" ... curse you !
He had all of us going for a minute. Heck, I was beginning to worry for my OC's safety.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 03:57   Link #193
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourin View Post
Now or Never

Pairing: Signum/Shamal (shoujo ai)

Summary: There had always been something between them but destiny had never allowed this blurry connection to be anything more. (pre-A's)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4012124/1/Now_or_never
Just recently managed to look at it earlier this evening. It looked good. As for Vita pretending, not likely. She was always hot headed and brash, even in StrikerS, despite living with Hayate and being around Nanoha all the time mellowing her out a bit. But all in all, Vita's hot-headed as ever, so I really don't see how she's any different.

Good characterization of Vita however.
Old 2008-01-15, 05:22   Link #194
Aaron008R

Quote:
Also updated: Nightengale's OC stories
I'm telling everybody. Read Nighty's EPIC Saga of Saga now, with all your strength!!!

Quote:
Spoiler for length:
Talk about still being horny after all those years...
Quite entertaining, still.
Though some of the 'was' should be 'were'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Remember that old teaser I posted back when Rune was a un-named blonde smoking girl? I felt bored and rather then actually write this out before hand... I felt like re-writing that 'teaser'. This is a total freewrite, why do I do this? ... Because.

Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel: Ashes unto Dust:

Whoot. Freewrite.
Like I said in the OC thread, a little confusing at first, but very interesting really quickly! Moar? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Generations Comment, Fuck Yes Hayate action! Finay a story besides Acadmey days which focuses on Hayate, and is well written. Does the Author of Acadmey Days post here anyway?
Thanks.

And it's Academy Blues. And no, Daishi Prime doesn't go here.

Oh, and don't expect too much from mine. I'm still far, far away from Daishi Prime's and Satashi's levels when it comes to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
It is called Academy Blues by Daishi Prime. Hope that helps

P.S. It's a really good read. Some of it requires back story of it's predecesorPath of Vengeance to learn about certain aspects of the story, which I won't tell here, so that it doesn't spoil anything although mind you I skipped that one .

P.P.S. Here's also the side story for it: Academy Blues Side Stories

P.P.P.S. FINALLY A PAGE CLAIM!! XD

Some of the most AWESOME Nanoha fics EVER.

Quote:
I guess those are two different things... And she wasn't really fleshed out properly even in canon.

Quote:
^^ XD

I was wondering where you've gone.
How're the fics going?
(You have my gratitude for pointing out ef: A Tale of Memories to me. Damn, that was EPIC! XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Just a Q:

Can we post snippets of planned works/WIPs here? from snip/snap quotes/ficlets, to even OPs? Like what we do in OC...

And Also

It was done in the past FF thread, right? Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

This took me by surprise! (But then, I know several others aside from you {like Liingo, stormturmoil, Tk3997} who read Academy Blues, which was an OC galore...)

Thanks!

Quote:
I like the pacing - it is laid back without being draggy and the character interactions are fun to read. The writing is good and there are not any immediate flaws i can notice,
Good to know my efforts payed off...

Quote:
aside from your habit of calling Hayate Mistress of the Knight sky on few occasions ("now the loyal guardians of the Mistress of the Knight Sky" for example).
Only to be struck by a Homonym Bustah!

Thanks for the heads-up! Will edit them NAO!

Quote:
Liking the implied Yuuno x Nanoha as well ... would be fun to see where this goes and whether Vivio would get a papa eventually
Evangelion XGouki is currently working on the date. I think we can expect it within the week. The current snippets show much promise.:3

Quote:
Was a fun read, good job. Moar please ?
Thanks a lot! Will get to do more later. But I'm currently busy right now... Slow updates are to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
He had all of us going for a minute. Heck, I was beginning to worry for my OC's safety.
Got you too?

Thanks for the comments, everybody. This got me more motivated to finish the fic.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-01-15 at 06:18.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 08:11   Link #195
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
I
Just a Q:

And Also

All fanfics are welcome here, be they short snips, a few lines, teasers, trailers, you name it. Actually stuff like that is encouraged. People seem to respond a lot better if you give small teasers to grab their attention and then throw the fic in their face

Pay up my review dues? @_@

Quote:

It doesn't' matter; fanfiction is fanfiction. I'm archiving everyone here's works, having OCs has nothing to do with the fact people want easy access to stuff. Link me to your OC page, I'll try and work something out with it. I'll PM you if I need stuff about it or have questions :P
Old 2008-01-15, 09:37   Link #196
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
All fanfics are welcome here, be they short snips, a few lines, teasers, trailers, you name it. Actually stuff like that is encouraged. People seem to respond a lot better if you give small teasers to grab their attention and then throw the fic in their face

Pay up my review dues? @_@
Noted... will start posting at work.

you promised me an FF.net review- i think.
Old 2008-01-15, 11:11   Link #197
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Noted... will start posting at work.

you promised me an FF.net review- i think.
I did? Which story?

Quote:
LOL You wrote that in a very short space of time didn't you? LOL XD
Actually that took a long time. It also involved dinner, some AMV watching, WoW, cleaning my office/bathroom/bedroom and laundry...I would have a lot more if not for those things distracting me.

But most of all, blame mercurianangel for being so much fun to talk to on AIM
Old 2008-01-15, 11:58   Link #198
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Evangelion XGouki is currently working on the date. I think we can expect it within the week. The current snippets show much promise.:3
Yea yea...I'm working on it . Apparently I seem to be getting known for writing WAFF fics and a few of the Outer Cadians thought it would be great to 'volunteer' me to write a little side fic .

PS: Ah yes, I also have an OC. Let me know if you want a link Satashi
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 11:59   Link #199
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
I did? Which story?
AlternateS I

*runs towards LART shelter*

I'll be back!
Old 2008-01-15, 12:28   Link #200
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Satashi-sama promises nothing. Even if Satashi-sama says a promise, Satashi-sama is always too busy to keep them! :P

Since I'm sure Satashi-sama may have mentioned a looking at my own writings is in order...
Typing without using 'he' or 'she' is very hard.

EDIT:
Whoops knew I forgot something
@Aaron:
Danke.
For my own curiousity, what was confusing? I of course would have none as I know... Mostly everything (Minus things we haven't really pinned down...), I'd be assuming the confusion is on exactly what is going on, ne?
But of course I'll write MOAR. Much MOAR. Arc-en-Ciel: Ashes unto Dust is essentially me aiming for some level of epic

Of course how long until I write moar depends on if I decide to write the whole thing in a journal (like School of Lyrical) or free-write it on the computer. Both have their own problems (Journal results in slower writing as I have less freetime Mon-Thurs, but using the computer means I can't do any writing Friday-Sunday)

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha