AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 15:31   Link #1121
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm dreading plotholes and characters being stupid.

I'm hoping for the knights simply overpowering the heroes and fleeing the scene.

Shamal captured by Chrono? She counterattacks and gives the knights the opening to escape.

Nanoha/Vita battle over the jungle? Vita drives Nanoha into a corner and escapes.

Signum/Fate battle over the desert? Signum beats Fate and drains her core herself.

Having read the spoilers, the hospital roof is already a plothole though.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-26, 15:34   Link #1122
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Demi, fyi, this is the speculation thread. You may want to move that to the actual movie thread, or put it into spoilers.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 15:38   Link #1123
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I'd argue they are the same thing. Take translating Japanese into English, which is more art than science. A japanese word has several different meanings in English, and it's not always apparent which is best. Carim may be able to guess some meanings, but only Yuuno could take a look at history and better meanings and historical context, enabling a better translation. The difference between "cold is coming" and "iceberg falling from the sky."
Oh, yeah. Historical knowledge would be important for translating dead dialects.

Of course, Carim could respond to this by studying enough Ancient Belkan history, but otherwise a historian would be a great help.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 16:52   Link #1124
Lycodrake

Quote:
Try to find information from the net without a search engine. You know it is there, but it is incredibly difficult to find it. Yuuno brought Google to the table. If you have Chrono do it, then you break a few things. They would have (or should have) known the book's true name before then, and the fact that it was broken and corrupted.
What.
I am sorry, but since when was Chrono able to do what Yuuno specializes in? And since when was the Infinite Library "Google"? Do you even know what you're implying by saying that? Seriously, do you?
No wait, you probably do. Sorry, but Chrono can't do the Infinite Library thing, and the IF isn't Google.
If anything, Yuuno is like the University Library Cataloger.
Old 2013-02-26, 16:55   Link #1125
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm pretty sure Kaijo's "Google" remark was about Yuuno's search algorithms for the Infinite Library and his skill in searching through and understanding history in general, not that the Library itself was Google.
Old 2013-02-26, 17:01   Link #1126
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm pretty sure Kaijo's "Google" remark was about Yuuno's search algorithms for the Infinite Library and his skill in searching through and understanding history in general, not that the Library itself was Google.
I understood that, but Google has a connotation that is rather negative - that anyone could use it and do it without any help.
Old 2013-02-26, 17:04   Link #1127
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's exactly what Kaijo's getting at.

Yuuno is the Library's Google, thus he brings Google to the table. Without Yuuno, they don't have that easy access of information.
Old 2013-02-26, 18:38   Link #1128
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
I'd argue those open up other plotholes, too. They might not want be willing to kill, but that doesn't stop them from heavily wounding them to prevent them from popping up to pester them again. Take the Nanoha/Vita over the jungle... Vita's already aware that Nanoha has popped up once before to stop them, and she was already upset that here was the girl again. If she can drive Nanoha into a corner, then that means Vita is still stronger, and there is no reason for Vita to let up, instead ending this threat once and for all. Nanoha had no backup coming, and she needed time to transfer out. That means Nanoha would need be put down for a decent amount of time. If Vita could put Nanoha down for that long, she can finish the job (putting Nanoha into a coma or critically injuring her would prevent her from popping up a third time to mess with them).
That would be just using a loophole and Vita knows it, going against their intntions when they decided disobeying Hayate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
I am sorry, but since when was Chrono able to do what Yuuno specializes in? And since when was the Infinite Library "Google"? Do you even know what you're implying by saying that? Seriously, do you?
No wait, you probably do. Sorry, but Chrono can't do the Infinite Library thing, and the IF isn't Google.
If anything, Yuuno is like the University Library Cataloger.
But for the plot they don't need to "Google" the complete Infinity Library, or even get to the Infinity Library at all: they just need to get some info on the Book of Darkness.

There's an easy handwave around that: the last Book of Darkness incident happened a decade ago and killed Clyde, Lindy's husband and Chrono's father. Can you believe the surviving Harlaowns had learned about whatever killed the father of the house? They had a lot of time and could manage some information in the following years prior to meeting Nanoha.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 19:32   Link #1129
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
That would be just using a loophole and Vita knows it, going against their intntions when they decided disobeying Hayate.
And yet they still caused a lot of harm. There are ways to use magic to remove someone as a threat for a good while, and Vita knows that if she doesn't do something about Nanoha, the latter will interfere again. If she really has Nanoha on the ropes (and I'd have to wonder how, since Nanoha would have gotten the drop on Vita with the surprise long-range attack, but we can presume Vita is made stronger than Nanoha still), then stopping the nuisance long enough to complete the book would definitely be an objective. That was the intention of their other fights. On the rooftop, they had every intention of beating Nanoha and Fate down hard.

And if you can use magic to knock someone unconscious for awhile, you can use magic to knock someone unconscious for weeks.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 19:35   Link #1130
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
And if you can use magic to knock someone unconscious for awhile, you can use magic to knock someone unconscious for weeks.
But only in the same sense you can do that with a hit in the head, at least of what we see so far. I always assume the Wolkenritter were trying to kill them in that battle.
Old 2013-02-26, 19:49   Link #1131
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Only Vita showed any real inclination to mortally wound anyone, because she was angry loli who lets emotions get the best of her. I never felt Signum was trying to do the same with Fate. Signum actually took more damage than Fate during that first battle.
Old 2013-03-04, 08:10   Link #1132
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The Movie 2nd tribute comics are now available in english.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:12   Link #1133
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

"Hey, let's latch on to a giant spaceship with nothing beyond rope and the skin of our teeth because fuck being left out!"

"Whoa! Shit's getting to troublesome here! Let's bail while they're beating on eachother! Any airplaines to latch on to?"

You're allright in my book Kurt.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 14:40   Link #1134
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
"Hey, let's latch on to a giant spaceship with nothing beyond rope and the skin of our teeth because fuck being left out!"

"Whoa! Shit's getting to troublesome here! Let's bail while they're beating on eachother! Any airplaines to latch on to?"

You're allright in my book Kurt.
Wrong thread?
Old 2013-03-04, 14:55   Link #1135
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Only Vita showed any real inclination to mortally wound anyone, because she was angry loli who lets emotions get the best of her. I never felt Signum was trying to do the same with Fate. Signum actually took more damage than Fate during that first battle.
Later on, she blushed like the tsundere she is XD
Old 2013-03-04, 15:05   Link #1136
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Wrong thread?
Nope, movie 2nd tribute comics has cameo's from all Nanoha series. The Grendels snuck in the Force one clinging to the Huck's ship, then made a run for it when RF6 showed up. 'twas quite amusing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 15:39   Link #1137
Sunder the Gold

I'm attempting to imagine a manga in which the Grendels picked up Touma, and Riot Force 6 stayed disbanded.

The only uncertainty is HOW much it would be better.
Old 2013-03-04, 15:56   Link #1138
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I'm attempting to imagine a manga in which the Grendels picked up Touma, and Riot Force 6 stayed disbanded.

The only uncertainty is HOW much it would be better.
At which Touma stole them all from Kurt.
Old 2013-03-04, 16:39   Link #1139
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
At which Touma stole them all from Kurt.
That's cold, man.
Old 2013-03-04, 16:45   Link #1140
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

The Grendels clinging to the Huck's ship?

How funny...

I hope they crash and die.

But if we are talking of Force then we have a thread for that.