Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 11:58   Link #5521
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I am gonna have to ask people to calm some before posting again.

Several posts have been deleted.
Did you have to also delete the part of explaining what 青は藍より出でて藍より青し is? That was one of my better posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Advance men! Onward to Victory!
Victory! Victory! Victory!
Um.. Sir?
What is it, forward scout.
The enemy has demolished the bridge ahead.
Ha! What foolishness. Their pitiful attempts make me laugh. Laugh I say!
Hah! Hah! Hah!
We advance, and let them crush themselves against our overwhelming awesomeness!
Advance! Advance! Advance!
Sir? But the bridge is out.
You try my patience scout. Such trivial details will not dissuade me from my path. The enemy is before us, powerless against our might! We will press our attack, and crush them under our feet!
Crush! Crush! Crush!
But the valley is really, really deep. If you go a little further down stream there is a....
*BAM* I will not stray from my path. Now, with the weak among us disposed of, Forward men!
Forward! Forward! Forward!

Epilogue: Despite his overwhelming passion, fervent dedication to his ideals, he and his overwhelming force could not surmount gravity, and they all drowned in the river below. The end.
Sure sure, because my pointing out the deeper issues has any connection to fighting against gravity.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 11:59   Link #5522
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
You people just keep making a big deal over this issue and actually repeatedly beating your opinion, in crowds, on a single person, over how you guys simply cannot accept how martial arts being martial arts and soldiers being soldiers. Or worse, actually taking the plot of an action-moe show, which is a complementary element in nature, as something to bet honor in debating about. You guys could've simply written off Sumeragi as a fascist military nutjob for not being as tender, sensitive person as you are and let it be. But here many are trying their best to be debate champions because someone dares having different opinion from the rest about something so trivial and not being the point of the thread at all !

I don't know what else to say. I've just lost words, other then the stuff inappropriate for PG-13 and too much for obsessive spergs and all other variants of spastic manchildren.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Nothing you just said have anything to do with my recent points at all.

I certainly am not ganging up on someone. I don't know anyone else on this forum, and I am certain we don't actually agree on the details of why Black Forest isn't as strong as it appeared to be. I merely described my own hypothesis of why Black Forest lost in a manner that was believable to me.

I have no idea why you think I am attempting some personal attack. I stopped talking about the issue on drowning tank crews weeks ago. I only care about discussing how Black Forest have a reputation, where they got it from, on how they legitimately was respected for so long, and also why they eventually fell from grace.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:01   Link #5523
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They probably don't have enough HE onboard to level the town. Especially since they used some on Ooarai early in the match.

Quote:
1) Where did Miho learn her tankcraft from then if KMM was so incompetent?
Miho learned from Maho, Shiho, and others when she was young (before age 10), which also would have been during the height of KMM's victory streak.

Quote:
2) Sports analogies aside, if they were winning purely due to technology/equipment, then people typically would root against them and not for them right? All the sports analogies were cause of talent not lead-filled cricket bats!
One thing is clear about Black Forest's equipment this year, it was beefed up specifically to counter Pravda. What little we see of them from the previous year and he asides we get from the other teams, we can gather they were using mid-war German tanks previously. A number of late model Panzer IIIs are seen in the hanger, and in Little Army, the House tanks are a StuG III and a Panzer IV. One imagines they didn't have the late war heavy tanks until this year. No Maus for sure. Probably no Tiger IIs, and the Jadgtiger is probably something new. They probably had the Jadgpanther, the Panthers, and the Ferdinand. Stuff the Germans might have had at the start of 1944.

Quote:
3) Even if the average person would be wowed by victories, you'd think someone like Yukari would understand and appreciate tactics .. and even then she was all Nishizumi-dono
"Armchair quarterbacking" is not uncommon in any sport that has tactics. Yukari seems to be more a specs and stats person, rather than a tactical wizard.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:02   Link #5524
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
... Yeah, I have no idea where that came from either.

Mmm, on lighter topics, 3 OVAs down, 3 to go. Will there be any hope that one of them will get allocated to a certain Italian twintailed Il Duce? :P
Old 2013-03-26, 12:05   Link #5525
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Mmm, on lighter topics, 3 OVAs down, 3 to go. Will there be any hope that one of them will get allocated to a certain Italian twintailed Il Duce? :P
I am actually craving for the match between KMM & ST. G. Though hopefully the last OVA would be an epilogue of some sort.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 12:06   Link #5526
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
No Maus for sure. Probably no Tiger IIs, and the Jadgtiger is probably something new.
Not sure if they didn't have any Tiger IIs, given the Dunkelgelb. It was probably just the Jagdtiger (Oxidrot) and Maus (Three Color Disruptive) that were new.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 12:07   Link #5527
Ridwan

To VCV and everyone in this thread : Just don't be too much of a sperg on that, or on anything for that matter. Social common sense should help on that.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:08   Link #5528
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

If I recall correctly... no other OVAs except OVA 1 had been released... yes?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 12:10   Link #5529
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Hence what I meant for world-warping.

If Miho is following Nishizumi-ryu at all, I agree that it's only the spirit, and not the strict letter of the tenets that Shiho is practicing. Shiho also doesn't see it that way: note how dismissive she is of Miho's style, and how she terms it as heresy. All she'd need would be a Commissar now, or maybe a Hereticus Inquisitor.

I think this Japanese proverb describes Shiho appropriately.

"The frog in the well knows nothing of the great ocean."
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 12:11   Link #5530
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One OVA per dics. Three discs sold, so 3 OVAs are out.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:11   Link #5531
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Tak: Three OVAs are out actually. Hiryuu's TL is just too busy to be bothered about the second one right now.

And yeah, Ridwan? We have no idea what you're talking about. Seriously.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:12   Link #5532
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
To VCV and everyone in this thread : Just don't be too much of a sperg on that, or on anything for that matter. Social common sense should help on that.
Now you completely lost me. Do you even have any idea what we are discussing here?

We are discussing plotpoints and settings of GuP. I don't know how your posts on this matter have anything to do with any of them, or that you even read anything we wrote.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:13   Link #5533
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
These people are quick:

Ooarai vs. Maus bit to Yamato music and sound effects:

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
god bless Nico Nico...
Old 2013-03-26, 12:14   Link #5534
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Now you completely lost me. Do you even have any idea what we are discussing here?
I wish I don't.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:14   Link #5535
Marina2

I want one of rest OVA to be the re-match between Oarai and St.Gloriana. (Seem impossible anyway....)

They are currently the only team that Miho lost to and it was the fair 5 vs 5 match. (Well, it can't be help. Ooarai team back then was really novice.)

Say, if St.Gloriana reach final round, which tanks they will send in?
Old 2013-03-26, 12:16   Link #5536
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Marina2: Darjeeling seems to favor the heavier side of British armor, so my bets are: Black Prince, Tortoise, and maybe even a Centurion mkI for flavor. She doesn't really seem to be the type for Cruisers, really, which is a shame, because Cromwells are amazing.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:21   Link #5537
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If they rematch with flag rules, what tanks would have the flag?

Or go back to elimination, since with their upgunned tanks, they can take out most British armor of the period.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:28   Link #5538
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
If they rematch with flag rules, what tanks would have the flag?
Interesting question. It depends on what you are going to do with the flag tank.

For example, no one in the anime attempted the turtling strategy of using the heaviest flag tank, then surround it with defensive vehicles and daring the opposition to assault it. This isn't done likely because it isn't exciting to watch. And you really can't "win" this way.

You can also have what Pravda did, which is have a medium tank being the flag and camp it at an out of the way spot where it won't see action.
Miho's variation on that is her flag tank against Saunders and Prava can't fight at all, and can only be running away at all times. That's more of a problem that she doesn't have any way to guard the flag with the limited numbers.

Finally you can do what Miho and Maho did, have the commander tank being the flag so that even though it is risky in battle, at least you would always have the main force helping you in the fight.

The third option is a clear choice for commanders who are confident at what they are doing.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:31   Link #5539
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

The thing is, in a flag battle, Darjeeling's at a bit of a disadvantage, given her preference for heavy tanks like the Churchills.

An all-Cruiser line-up that Earl Grey used to like (Comets, Cromwells, Crusaders) would cause Ooarai problems I bet.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:32   Link #5540
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
If I recall correctly... no other OVAs except OVA 1 had been released... yes?

- Tak
OVA 2's already been subbed by a non-standard group, and OVA 3 has raws out.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks