AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-27, 02:43   Link #35281
bludvein

Well, NK is a bit of an international joke, but that's still no reason to plot a movie around assassinating their leader. It's like picking on the retarded kid on the bus.
Old 2014-12-27, 07:58   Link #35282
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Well, NK is a bit of an international joke, but that's still no reason to plot a movie around assassinating their leader. It's like picking on the retarded kid on the bus.
A retarded kid has a medical condition, North Korea doesn't have a medical condition. North Korea is the way it is by choice, not because it suffered from bad luck.
Old 2014-12-27, 09:27   Link #35283
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
A retarded kid has a medical condition, North Korea doesn't have a medical condition. North Korea is the way it is by choice, not because it suffered from bad luck.
It was a joke...
Old 2014-12-28, 01:54   Link #35284
abc0716

AirAsia plane with 162 on board missing in Indonesia
Old 2014-12-28, 04:43   Link #35285
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Another plane?! Holy shit, I kinda worry now about my parent's vacation oversea.
Old 2014-12-28, 06:41   Link #35286
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Another plane?! Holy shit, I kinda worry now about my parent's vacation oversea.
Nah, 2014 is actually a rather safe year for plane travel. It's just that we have high profile losses of life, that gets reported on the news. Over all it was safer to fly this year compared to previous years.
Old 2014-12-28, 07:20   Link #35287
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Just to be clear, this plane is not owned by Malaysian AirAsia but their other branch, AirAsia Indonesia.
Old 2014-12-28, 09:22   Link #35288
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

3 times in a row, this year is absolutely the worst year ever for Malaysian airline companies. Suddenly, Southeast Asia' sea become kinda dangerous with all these missing planes and pirates.
Old 2014-12-28, 09:36   Link #35289
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
3 times in a row, this year is absolutely the worst year ever for Malaysian airline companies. Suddenly, Southeast Asia' sea become kinda dangerous with all these missing planes and pirates.
Pirates aren't much of a problem in the Straits of Malacca and SCS thanks to the tech of the RSN and the balls of the RMN.

The missing plane actually has alot to do with protocol and pilot training the Malaysian airlines have; MH370 highlighted the "Good Night" transmission, while the pilot for this AirAsia flight requested to fly above the clouds despite it being taught in bad weather nav classes that precipitation will result in ice being formed above the clouds. Planes are designed to be electrically shockproof, the problems of flying through a storm would be mostly turbulence.

There needs to be a bloody overhaul of flight training.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-12-28, 09:48   Link #35290
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Anti-Arab group poses legal, political dilemma for Israel
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0K605620141228

Strict sharia forces gays into hiding in Indonesia's Aceh
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0K600W20141228

Florida overtakes New York as third most populous U.S. state
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0K11FF20141223
Old 2014-12-28, 22:06   Link #35291
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

In light of the Michael Brown case, the Eric Garner case, and that man shot to death in an Ohio walmart for simply carrying a pellet rifle he had just bought...there is this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=960988

Quote:
Jennifer Clouse was standing in her yard Friday in her quiet Hixson neighborhood when she saw a woman quickly drive past her house holding a gun out of the window as if it were a cigarette.

"She was just casually holding a gun, and wearing a baseball hat," said Clouse, who lives on Cloverdale Drive. "It was crazy. ... This is a pretty quiet area."

Clouse said the woman drove past her house, ignoring the stop sign and turning right onto Norcross Drive.

"I saw the gun and said to myself, 'I'm going to go inside,'" Clouse said.

Next, she heard police sirens and watched through windows as multiple police cars chased after the woman down the hill.

From inside her house, Clouse said she heard the scream of sirens throughout her neighborhood.

"Then, all of a sudden, the sirens stopped," she said.

Clouse did not recognize the driver, but the woman arrested for attempted murder, Julia Shields, 45, lived just up the street at 1504 Cloverdale Drive.

Police said Shields, blonde and wearing body armor, raced through the neighborhood, past well-manicured lawns and simple brick houses, firing multiple shots out her window at people and cars.

Chattanooga police officers received a report of shots fired at 1300 Cloverdale and arrived at 3:52 p.m. Friday, according to a news release.

Officers found two people who said they were at a stop sign when a woman pulled up in a dark-colored sedan and fired shots into their vehicle, hitting and disabling the radiator.

Then more calls reported a woman pointing a firearm at people as she passed them in her car, and that she fired at another vehicle in the same area. Police found Shields sitting in her vehicle in the Stuart Heights Baptist Church Parking lot on Hixson Pike, the release stated.

Shields sped away in her car and led officers on a chase down Highway 153 and Hixson Pike, still pointing her firearm at vehicles she passed.

Eventually, officers stopped and arrested Shields at Cloverdale Drive and Koblan Drive, near the spot where the shootings occurred and just blocks from her house. She pointed her firearm at an officer, but was taken into custody without incident or injury, the release stated.

Shields has been charged with three counts of attempted first-degree murder, seven counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, felony evading arrest and felony reckless endangerment.

Shields is being held at the Hamilton County Jail, and as of Saturday night her bond had not been set. She will appear before General Sessions Judge Gary Starnes on Jan. 5..

Read all that, and then let me put emphasis on this:

Quote:
Eventually, officers stopped and arrested Shields at Cloverdale Drive and Koblan Drive, near the spot where the shootings occurred and just blocks from her house. She pointed her firearm at an officer, but was taken into custody without incident or injury, the release stated.

Notice the difference when you are a black male vs. being a blonde white person...
Old 2014-12-29, 07:37   Link #35292
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
In light of the Michael Brown case, the Eric Garner case, and that man shot to death in an Ohio walmart for simply carrying a pellet rifle he had just bought...there is this:

Notice the difference when you are a black male vs. being a blonde white person...

The posts on that thread are hilarious

Quote:
Dat white body armor.

We call them Julia shields.

Ok...carry on
Old 2014-12-29, 08:05   Link #35293
Top Sergeant

Quote:
If this happened after the Wal Mart incident, then the Policeman involved may have had that very much on his mind, and risked himself more than he possibly should have.

Or the area behind the woman may have not been clear of bystanders, so he held his fire. I have no way of knowing having not been there. Maybe they Tazed her? The article doesn't have the details.
Old 2014-12-29, 08:26   Link #35294
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Will be hopping on board an RSAF C-130 plane tomorrow (Dec 30) as an embedded reporter. Who knows? With luck, the guys may spot something useful. Fingers and toes crossed.
Old 2014-12-29, 09:25   Link #35295
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Will be hopping on board an RSAF C-130 plane tomorrow (Dec 30) as an embedded reporter. Who knows? With luck, the guys may spot something useful. Fingers and toes crossed.
Good luck...friend of friend is on board that flight apparently...
Old 2014-12-29, 10:32   Link #35296
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Oil rises to $60 per barrel, Libya fire supports
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0K701D20141229

Indonesia says missing AirAsia plane could be at 'bottom of sea'
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0K601C20141229

Crunch time: As sanctions bite, Putin ally gets into apples
http://www.reuters.com/investigates/...talism-apples/

Opaque middlemen exact high price in Russia’s deals with the West
http://www.reuters.com/investigates/...ism-middlemen/
Old 2014-12-29, 10:39   Link #35297
bludvein

Quote:

Well, it's no doubt that cops can stereotype heavily depending on your area, but in this case I doubt it had to do with the fact she was white or blonde. Women in general are considered more likely to be non-violent and talked down, and so less likely to be shot.
Old 2014-12-29, 12:24   Link #35298
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Well, it's no doubt that cops can stereotype heavily depending on your area, but in this case I doubt it had to do with the fact she was white or blonde. Women in general are considered more likely to be non-violent and talked down, and so less likely to be shot.

It is just crazy that she does all that, points a gun at an officer, and is taken alive and without injury, whereas the Ohio man at the walmart gets shot immediately, before he can think of how to react, and Eric Garner gets put in a choke hold just for venting frustration.
Old 2014-12-29, 15:58   Link #35299
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
She pointed her firearm at an officer, but was taken into custody without incident or injury, the release stated.
I'm curious what the official story on this part is. Here's a case where someone has used lethal force and is pointing a gun at an officer, and yet they do not shoot her and manage to take her in without any problems? How did that happen? Did she just suddenly give up?

It's a strange conclusion to the story.
Old 2014-12-29, 19:37   Link #35300
Ghiest Cid

This year is bad for aeronautic industry. There should be a safety review of all planes.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international