AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Which group has the best encode of KimiNozo?
Anime-Keep 3 10.00%
Lunar 15 50.00%
Onigiri 10 33.33%
Ishin 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-04, 18:29   Link #1
Shift_

Which do you think is the best group for KimiNozo? Post your comparisons here...

Okay, PLEASE don't vote unless if you've seen them all

I want comparisons, NOT just "I just download from this group, so they are the best one"

So please post your comparisons here...before you vote.

So here's my comparison. After watching the 1st 3 eps since Onigiri released their HQ eps, and Ishin has only released up to ep 3...

For Translations SINCE I don't speak japanese, I compare each ep line by line basically, and which ever has the least discrepancys between them, gets the best one.

Right now I'd have to say either Onigiri or Ishin has the best translations.

For Encoding, I think they're all about equal, although, I haven't analyzed it throughly enough, and I use post processing.

Size, Onigiri or Ishin wins.

Fonts and Typesetting: I like all of them cept for Ishin. Ishin's choices of font is pretty ugly and it's too big.

Overall I think I'm gonna be buring Onigiri's version. Unless if anyone has anything to stop me from doing it, or to change my mind about groups =)
Old 2003-11-04, 19:12   Link #2
Mentar
Banned

Hm. I don't speak Japanese too well (only bits), but Lunar seemed to have the most coherent translations so far, and I also like their choice of font and color. The video is a bit grainy, but decent.

Ishin's translations don't seem to be made by a native English speaker (I'm neither, but still) ... decent most of the time, but some exceptions downgrade their impression a bit. Their font selection is suboptimal either, the video is okay.

Onigiri's strength is the good video. The translations seem quite solid either, but the font outline is too thin for my taste. It's getting difficult to read when watching the anime on TV from a distance.

What's making me give the nod to Lunar, however, is the fact that it's reliably the fastest release ... I've got to admit that I started watching the RAWs, but Lunar is always quickly behind.

Combining the video of Onigiri with the translations and release speed of Lunar would be perfect!
Old 2003-11-04, 21:50   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I prefer Onigiri that they are releasing faster than any other groups, same as Mentar's comment and also that Onigiri introduced the series first which gave me break from series like Onegai Twins/Teacher. I dont speak any japanese either but I can live with any subtitle as long as it is gramatically correct and have make-sense dialogues...Onigiri and Aone seems to be doing just that....
Old 2003-11-04, 22:12   Link #4
GUTB_

Lunar. I know just enough Japanese to know when the translation is blatantly false or unnatural, and Lunar is rock-solid in this regard, while the others have some translation issues. So Lunar it is, low-quality source and all.
Old 2003-11-04, 22:20   Link #5
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_
Lunar. I know just enough Japanese to know when the translation is blatantly false or unnatural, and Lunar is rock-solid in this regard, while the others have some translation issues. So Lunar it is, low-quality source and all.
I think Lunar and Origirin both have like identical meanings...just some words they chose I'm like "WTF why'd they choose that?" Well not with Lunar with other groups, I just compared Lunar's and Origrin's again and they're 99.9% identical with meaning...

Just Origrin has better quality ><

I'll compare before I burn.
Old 2003-11-05, 00:07   Link #6
ZGMF-10A

umm i didn't watch them all but i like lunar's title page.... it looks nice and easy to sort out from the other animes..... i choose lunars...
Old 2003-11-05, 02:10   Link #7
Lucky
Bored old member

I have written a pretty lengthy comparison review for each episode here
Of course, now that onigiri has re-released first three episodes, I'm going to have rewrite the whole thing for these three after I dl them. Duh...
Old 2003-11-05, 02:46   Link #8
GUTB_

WHoever voted for a-keep is nuts.

The font is really bad, translations are off, and timing is way too fast.
Old 2003-11-05, 03:23   Link #9
lordwu

I only compared the first episode because of my pity bandwidth that has to support me to get both subbed and raw episodes. For episode 1, I think Ishin did a pretty good job in translation and encoding. I don't feel the font size is a problem for me. The only downside of Ishin is their release schedule is unreliable. Since they are not that superior to other releases, I choose to follow Lunar instead.

And file size is not a problem for me either cause I have a DVD burner and Kiminozo is only a 14 episodes series.
Old 2003-11-05, 03:48   Link #10
Dark Baka
Dark Baka

Send a message via MSN to Dark Baka
Lunar is the one i d/l from, i got the best quallity and i d/l other series from them too.
Thought Onigri could be good, but i havent tryed em yet
Closed Thread