Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-05, 05:48   Link #1
tbl
Affably Evil

Male and female leads are enimies/rivals

I'm looking for an anime series where the male and female leads are enemies or rivals and they actually stay that way for at least half the series. I don't think I've seen a series that really fits that description, though there are partial matches like:

Kodocha - It only lasts for the first 8 or so episodes from memory.
Kaze no Stigma - Lasted for the first episode.
Gundam: The 08th MS Team - Again they were enemies for the first episode and even though they were on opposite sides, they could hardly be described as enemies.
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou - 4 episodes or something.
Basilisk - didn't really watch this.
Romeo x Juliet - didn't like the male lead.
Gurenn Lagann - also fits.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-11-06, 05:12   Link #2
NightSamurai

Kekkaishi, the male lead and the female lead are from two different, rival families who must protect a school at night from demons. There is also some love interest between the two (well, maybe it is a little one-sided). Overall I am liking the series quite a bit, though the male lead is too timid for me (but hey, that always seems to be the case).
Old 2007-11-06, 05:30   Link #3
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Cardcaptor Sakura. Syaoran and Sakura are leads that stayed rivals for exactly half of the series (season one).
Old 2007-11-06, 20:07   Link #4
Tri-ring

Gallery fake

Reiji Fujita, male protagonist who is the owner of Gallery Fake and former curator at the New York Metropolitan Museum goes against Sayoko Mitamura, female protagonist who was the first female Japanese to be apointed as curator at the New York Modern Arts Museum and now the director of Takada art museum battles it offf in every aspect of fine art. Whether it be a bid at Christies or opinion towards a disputed piece of fine art of it's legitimacy.
Old 2007-11-06, 23:37   Link #5
tbl
Affably Evil

I'll give Gallery Fake a go. Cardcaptor Sakura, I don't think so. Kekkaishi, also no, the male lead is too timid like you said. Thanks for the suggestions.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-11-18, 13:09   Link #6
armedrabbit
RabbitUser

Send a message via AIM to armedrabbit
Lovely Complex
Old 2007-11-18, 13:39   Link #7
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Oh well, you're missing out if you're not going to watch CCS. It's one of the better example of "don't judge an anime by its title."
Old 2007-11-18, 23:38   Link #8
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
I'll give Gallery Fake a go. Cardcaptor Sakura, I don't think so. Kekkaishi, also no, the male lead is too timid like you said. Thanks for the suggestions.
Don't be rash to judge Kekkaishi by its first two episodes. The male lead is a crybaby only in them and is in fact much stronger than his female counterpart. They are not really rivals, though - more like bickering partners.

Anyways, it's your choice what to watch, but I feel like Kekkaishi is a really fine example of how a shounen anime must be done, and since it is not very popular I feel like I need to promote it any chance I get.
Old 2007-11-19, 00:44   Link #9
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Oh well, you're missing out if you're not going to watch CCS. It's one of the better example of "don't judge an anime by its title."
I can live with that. Anyway, I'm judging based on its content and targeted demographic.

Old 2007-11-19, 14:43   Link #10
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

Location: Let me look outside... Where the hell is this place?Oo
Send a message via AIM to rooroobearr
Chrno Crusade?-Rossette and Aion?
Old 2007-11-19, 17:14   Link #11
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooroobearr View Post
Chrno Crusade?-Rossette and Aion?
Chrono would be the male lead for that one, not Aion.
Old 2007-11-19, 18:06   Link #12
GoTz
Deleted

Basilisk - Male and female leads are in rival ninja clans destined to destroy eachother

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
Closed Thread