Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-03-11, 23:58   Link #1
hak
bakatade

Send a message via AIM to hak
linux 2.6.x and nvidia

anybody who is using some form of the 2.6 kernel and uses nvida-kernel and glx... have u been getting some sort of system lockups in X with the new drivers with this kernel? Ever since i upgraded ive gotten occasional freezs in X where I can't move or doanything, but computer doesnt shutdown either o.O
hak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 00:36   Link #2
Nevion
/dev/random

Quote:
Originally Posted by hak
anybody who is using some form of the 2.6 kernel and uses nvida-kernel and glx... have u been getting some sort of system lockups in X with the new drivers with this kernel? Ever since i upgraded ive gotten occasional freezs in X where I can't move or doanything, but computer doesnt shutdown either o.O
the newer drivers have fixed these issues. this most likely means you have a via chipset but there where other causes. The latest driver from nvidia should work fine although its a might slower then the older ones. I use 4620. So google for it n d/l as its the most stable and fastest I've had yet. (For speed comparisons of the drivers use glxgears) Also make sure your using atleast 2.6.3 as thats been my best experience yet. :wonders why you don't read/search linuxquestions.org etc for this:
Nevion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 00:43   Link #3
hak
bakatade

Send a message via AIM to hak
DX thats a good idea heh, err hmm yes got via chipset but probably dont got the newest drivers then. kewl ill go check it out.
hak is offline   Reply With Quote