AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-21, 11:22   Link #201
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'd rather mom taught her how to fight.
yes , that's too. since her mom faced a witch before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
She is using it the proper way. It's just something that's going to evolve on it's own like BJ's.
ehm yes that's what I mean didn't mean to confuse you.
if she will be like BJ (or even more powerful) , more witches will come after her for sure.
and with that ability too , I wonder if someday she can erase Soul's black blood , since she made the black blood disappeared itself in her body.
Old 2008-11-25, 06:38   Link #202
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
I just watched ep1, and wow I really love the voice of Maka.
Old 2008-12-02, 05:20   Link #203
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Holy cow, I just went through all the pages of this thread and 90% of it is Maka x Soul shipping. Lets get the shipping over with:
  1. It's possible that they've been a couple since the very beginning. Maka and Soul may not act out your typical shounen or shoujo romance, but their relationship is definitely like that of a couple, in a lot of ways. In fact, I'd say their relationship is more like a (real) couple than most romantic shounen and shoujo relationships you've seen.
  2. Then again, it is possible that it is not a real relationship and that a lot of the relationship metaphor/behavior just originates with the nature of Weapon/Technician relationships calling for deep trust in each other. Stein is an exception to this, as he can match wavelengths without that.
  3. Also, it's not certain how much of Maka's anger at betrayal is her seeing it as her father betraying Maka and her mother through his womanizing ways. It's certainly there.
Is there anything left to discuss?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
I'm not sure how, if at all, Maka would fair if left alone in a fight. She lacks the physical strength of other characters, and while that difference doesn't really impair her as a meister, when it comes to single combat, she's undoubtedly at a disadvantage.

One thing I've considered about Maka's future is that she might take a more detached role in missions when she's not with Soul: physical power isn't her thing, but an understanding of soul wavelengths is. Like Yumi Asuza, we could see an older Maka working on her own through strategic or similar functions when not involved in front-line combat with Soul Eater.
WHAT IS UP WITH THIS? JUST BECAUSE MAKA IS A GIRL WHO MOSTLY FIGHTS HANDLING A BIG, LONG WEAPON DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S A WEAK FIGHTER WITHOUT IT!

Sorry, but seriously, I can't see where this is coming from. Consider the following:
  1. Maka punches out Crona with her left fist at the start of their big fight. She's no slouch there. More impressive considering that unlike Stein and Black★Star, she isn't amplifying punches using her soul wavelength.
  2. The Maka Chop is an instant 1HKO on Black★Star and Death Scythe. Ep 8 proves. You've gotta be strong to do that. Even Black★Star was flabbergasted.
She's a capable combatant imo, not as strong as Black★Star, sure, but plenty strong in her own right.

Now, just to derail this all off, I'll toss in a theory that Maka is also a weapon.
  1. Liz and Patty prove that weapons can wield other weapons.
  2. We know that being a weapon is in the blood, and Maka's dad is a Death Scythe, so there are strong odds of Maka being a weapon.
  3. We know that Maka doesn't get along well with her father and wishes to emulate her mother, so it's perfectly possible that Maka, as a weapon, decided to be a technician like her mother instead of a weapon like her father.
Old 2008-12-02, 08:52   Link #204
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

^ Uhm well? That's a long theory you have.

Eventhough I really hope for the two to be a couple , it's not decided yet. It's fun to discuss though , whether they'll be a couple or just a partner.

And -- Maka is a weak fighter WITHOUT Soul. It's obvious. The 'weak' standard here is relative , depends on your opinion though. She lost to B*S just with one hit. When she can't use Soul during Free arc , she barely can stand.

For the theory she is a weapon -- you seemed to forget that Stein has looked into her soul once , and has confirmed she is a meister.
Old 2008-12-02, 13:15   Link #205
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
WHAT IS UP WITH THIS? JUST BECAUSE MAKA IS A GIRL WHO MOSTLY FIGHTS HANDLING A BIG, LONG WEAPON DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S A WEAK FIGHTER WITHOUT IT!

Sorry, but seriously, I can't see where this is coming from. Consider the following:
  1. Maka punches out Crona with her left fist at the start of their big fight. She's no slouch there. More impressive considering that unlike Stein and Black★Star, she isn't amplifying punches using her soul wavelength.
  2. The Maka Chop is an instant 1HKO on Black★Star and Death Scythe. Ep 8 proves. You've gotta be strong to do that. Even Black★Star was flabbergasted.
She's a capable combatant imo, not as strong as Black★Star, sure, but plenty strong in her own right.

Now, just to derail this all off, I'll toss in a theory that Maka is also a weapon.
  1. Liz and Patty prove that weapons can wield other weapons.
  2. We know that being a weapon is in the blood, and Maka's dad is a Death Scythe, so there are strong odds of Maka being a weapon.
  3. We know that Maka doesn't get along well with her father and wishes to emulate her mother, so it's perfectly possible that Maka, as a weapon, decided to be a technician like her mother instead of a weapon like her father.
Okay, first off I was not trying to say that Maka is a weak fighter as such. I was merely pointing out that compared to her peers, physical strength is not her greatest asset. Which it isn't. One time she tried to win a fight through brute strength - Free - it failed miserably until Soul stepped in with the black blood.

But her grasp of soul wavelengths, and how they can be used, is much stronger in Maka than any of the other characters. Even the nature of her wavelength is said to be unusual - Free and Medusa have called it a 'demonslayer' wavelength - which she used to meet Crona's level and
Spoiler:
in the manga.

People have also argued that she could develop a greater level of Soul Perception
Spoiler:
, and I agree with the possibility. Thosetraits were why I suggested she would take a role in Shibusen that didn't involve always fighting on the front-line.

On the Weapon thing - we've seen the souls of Weapons, and they bear resemblance to the weapon forms of each individual. So, I don't think Maka is one: her soul doesn't resemble a Weapon, even when under normal circumstances (when Stein analyses her), or in soul resonance (re the Crona fight).
Old 2008-12-02, 21:59   Link #206
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Yeah, I know against Black☆Star and Stein Maka is lagging behind, but I think she could be an equal match for Death the Kid in physical combat.

Anyhow, she fought Free pretty competently handling Tsubaki. Besides, Free is someone who overpowers even Black☆Star. I'll go look at what the anime did there, since I only saw the manga for that.

It's also possible that Maka could wind up being a fighter like Stein. She's already done a double soul synchronization with Soul and Crona at the same time, which we know is really difficult, and it also proves synchronizing herself with another soul is something she'd do, she managed to wield Tsubaki (but we don't really know if that was Maka or Tsubaki's nature), and she has soul perception pretty close to Stein's, plus she's been taking a few lessons from him.

Oh, on the weapon thing, how are the souls of weapons different from the souls of technicians? I never noticed anything like that. I think my theory makes a lot of sense.

EDIT: Wow, Maka doesn't use Tsubaki in the anime? Why'd they change that? Anyhow, I don't think Black☆Star would've fared any better really.

Last edited by Stream; 2008-12-02 at 23:31.
Old 2008-12-02, 23:54   Link #207
Iron Maw
Banned

Stein and B*S ability to attack with they Soulwavelength is something their born with not learned. The only reason they bother with it is because they can enhance their strength through it and strike a Soul directly, Kid is a God so, he's naturally much stronger than an average human. These things give them a bit of an edge over other Meisters.

Most Meisters seem to be like Maka who purely on they weapon for combat, Kilik for example was could not fight without Fire and Thunder, nor Ox. This does not mean they aren't strong.

As far as fight with Free is concerned, I don't see B*S doing any better either, after all Free's immortal.
Old 2008-12-03, 00:38   Link #208
Clarste
Human

Quote:
but I think she could be an equal match for Death the Kid in physical combat.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Clarste; 2008-12-03 at 01:43.
Old 2008-12-03, 01:07   Link #209
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Stein and B*S ability to attack with they Soulwavelength is something their born with not learned.
Umm... I found absolutely no evidence of that. Could you point out where you got that from? Black☆Star was pointed out to be a natural genius at attacking with his own soul wavelength, but I read that like it's normally a very difficult technique to learn and master.

Quote:
The only reason they bother with it is because they can enhance their strength through it and strike a Soul directly, Kid is a God so, he's naturally much stronger than an average human. These things give them a bit of an edge over other Meisters.
Wow, if you think Maka isn't much stronger than the average human, you haven't paid good attention to the blows she's managed to take and still keep standing like nothing happened.

And Clarste, what scene are you talking about?
Old 2008-12-03, 01:32   Link #210
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Umm... I found absolutely no evidence of that. Could you point out where you got that from?
It's inferred when Shinigami mentions that Stein and B*S have unaturally large Souls which why they can use it, plus if anyone could learn it Stein and B*S won't be the only two who have it nor, would it be particularity special.

Quote:
Wow, if you think Maka isn't much stronger than the average human, you haven't paid good attention to the blows she's managed to take and still keep standing like nothing happened.
I didn't mean it like that, Maka is definitely one of the strongest students in the school. I'm just saying physcially, Kid probably stronger than any of current students and likely half of the teachers at Shibusen because he is a God.

Quote:

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-12-03, 01:43   Link #211
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-12-03, 03:30   Link #212
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
It's inferred when Shinigami mentions that Stein and B*S have unaturally large Souls which why they can use it, plus if anyone could learn it Stein and B*S won't be the only two who have it nor, would it be particularity special.
Mary has a version of it too (the internal generation used to get rid of the snake), and Justin certainly has something like that. You inferred it, but I don't believe that's the case.

Moreover, speaking of having a large soul:
Spoiler for From the manga, but it's hardly a spoiler - just a picture of Maka with a large soul.:
Quote:
I didn't mean it like that, Maka is definitely one of the strongest students in the school. I'm just saying physcially, Kid probably stronger than any of current students and likely half of the teachers at Shibusen because he is a God.
I know.

I'm just saying the distinctions you seem to be making aren't the ones you ought to be making. There are implications in them that aren't quite right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Yeauch, I forgot about that scene. For what it's worth, Black☆Star was being much weaker than usual in that fight, but I'll have to agree, it does look unlikely that Maka will beat Death if he's that strong.

Well, fair enough.
Old 2008-12-03, 04:54   Link #213
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

^ Okay I have to against the theory "a large soul" or sumthing. But if you're talking about a large soul WAVELENGTH , then I do believe. Stein and B*S have a talent for enchant their wavelength even without weapon. Maka has that large soul-wavelength because of Soul's wavelength amplified hers, while B*S and Stein doesn't need to do that.

And please remind that in this manga , both their personality and their strength developed as time flows. Maka is definitely weaker than Kid and BlackStar because her talent isn't a physical strength , moreover I see her intelligence and a special wavelength are her strengths. But from what I believe she is the main lead character in this series , so you can't say she will be weak forever too.

Oh and if you talk about the difference between meister's soul and weapon's soul , of course it's different , well duh. Liz maybe can use Patti , but they can't use soul resonance , right?
Old 2008-12-03, 05:39   Link #214
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
^ Okay I have to against the theory "a large soul" or sumthing. But if you're talking about a large soul WAVELENGTH , then I do believe. Stein and B*S have a talent for enchant their wavelength even without weapon. Maka has that large soul-wavelength because of Soul's wavelength amplified hers, while B*S and Stein doesn't need to do that.
Soul amplified Maka's wavelength without Maka wielding Soul? (Look at the right side of the picture again, Maka is clearly not holding anything. In fact, we clearly see Soul transforming into a scythe and Maka grabbing Soul later, on the left side of the page.) That's impressive. So, the sidetext displayed later saying "This is the strength of Maka" is off too?

You sure it wasn't just that Soul gave Maka the push she needed to tap into her own soul wavelength? Because, tbh, that's what it looks like to me.

Quote:
And please remind that in this manga , both their personality and their strength developed as time flows. Maka is definitely weaker than Kid and BlackStar because her talent isn't a physical strength , moreover I see her intelligence and a special wavelength are her strengths. But from what I believe she is the main lead character in this series , so you can't say she will be weak forever too.
I don't quite think Maka is that much of a fighter who's reliant on her intelligence to win the fight, and I'm not sure what you mean by her special wavelength. I mean, lets look at:
Spoiler for The big Crona vs Maka fight:
Quote:
Oh and if you talk about the difference between meister's soul and weapon's soul , of course it's different , well duh.
Well, I completely disagree. I don't see how it's different at all, and I haven't seen any proof of what you're saying.

Quote:
Liz maybe can use Patti , but they can't use soul resonance , right?
That's a defensive argument, and there's no proof in either direction.

BTW: You doubleposted. Could you delete one?
Old 2008-12-03, 07:33   Link #215
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Whoah sorry. My connection speed made fun of me . Damn.

Well , have to admit mostly I have no proof for what I'm saying. I'm just a fan here , and that's my opinion

Spoiler:

And ugh...is it just me but I know a soul resonance is between a meister and a weapon? Meister passes down their wavelength to the weapon and weapon passes it back to the meister , and hatch a huge wavelength...right?

And her wavelength is special indeed. Hers is a 'demonwavelength' wavelength. Which able to neutralize Chrona's insane wavelength , and
Spoiler:
in manga.

Maka is smart , but she is the most stubborn one. I have said it on my previous post . She prefer thinking of strategies in battlefield than charging directly. But she let her emotion took her easily. You can see it when she fought Free.

Pardon me for my wrong opinion though ^^; I'm a human too , I have a fault of course
Old 2008-12-03, 08:47   Link #216
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Hello!

We all have opinions, and they're fun. I just started posting stuff like this because I figured I could get this thread more active and have some fun. Plus I just like crazy Maka who beats on stuff. She's cool. So, on to the fun discussion! To answer your first question, I think it was just that Soul gave Maka the push she needed to tap into her own soul wavelength. And about soul resonance, yeah, I agree. I just think there's nothing that stops weapons from being technicians too. I mean, we know weapons have their own soul wavelengths too, and Liz and Patty can fire each other and we know all they fire is amplified wavelengths, so... it just makes sense to me that a weapon can be a technician also. Heck, we even have a (Spoiler: Manga spoiler.) witch right now who's also a technician.

Oh, Maka's wavelength didn't quite neutralize Crona's insane wavelength:
Spoiler for Maka vs Crona fight:
About the anti-demon wavelength, you're right, it does seem special. But they never really tell us special how. It does sound like her wavelength has special properties.

Oh, and, I agree, Maka is stubborn and smart, but I think the rightful claim to the title "Most Stubborn One" lies with Black☆Star. Still, Maka does let loose sometimes and does stuff that doesn't seem very bright. Like the time she (Spoiler: Free fight at the beginning) tackled Free right after using Witch Hunter on him to drop him in the water - if Soul didn't pull her back in the nick of time, she'd've been a goner.

Lastly, to err is human, and I'm certainly not faulting you for having an opinion.

Last edited by Stream; 2009-05-17 at 15:57.
Old 2008-12-03, 10:55   Link #217
lmd_84

Yeah, differing opinions are entertaining. But I still reckon Maka is physically the weakest of the main techs until we see otherwise (comparatively speaking). She can take a lot of damage, they all can, but it's been demonstrated from early on that, in contrast to Black Star, physical training isn't the way her partnership with Soul works. As Stein pointed out to her at one point, everyone works differently.

I figure when it comes to Kid, he's a different matter entirely. As others have said, if Black Star can't defeat him unarmed, then Maka would stand no chance if it came down to speed and brute strength.

Even taking soul wavelengths into account might not change much: Kid has Soul Perception at least as good as Maka's (they're the only ones of the kids to sense two particular souls in a later manga chapter), plus the manga has recently shown
Spoiler:

Not that I'd want those two to come to blows - outside of practice, I can't see it happening - but it's another comparison I find interesting.

I would like to know more about the supposed differences in Maka's soul wavelength. What is it that gives her that particular advantage? State of mind, or some innate characteristic?
Old 2008-12-03, 14:41   Link #218
JunkKitty

There's some on-going bit in here about the theory of Maka also being a Weapon and just choosing not to use it?

Just a couple of things on that- if Maka had the ability to draw on her own weapon form, would she have chosen not to try to use it in defense of hers or Soul's life? She really honestly would just stand and watch Crona swing at her, willing to take the slash with her vunerable flesh body instead of transforming herself or some part into something better able to bear the attack? Not just in that fight, but anytime she's faced a dangerous, incoming blow?

When she's in danger, she just doesn't think of or want to draw on an additional ability available to her? That takes some major heavy-duty willpower; it would be like her choosing to be a combat-capable Meister and then promptly cutting off a foot just so she couldn't be TOO useful. Forgive me, considering Maka's actions seen thus far, the logic isn't very good.

I know I'm discounting the idea that maybe her transforming ability just hasn't shown itself yet (she doesn't know) but we've been shown nothing in the manga to suggest this is possible. Weapons KNOW they're Weapons. I have no opinions of if a Weapon can also be a Meister, I don't see why not, but I have a really hard time believing that Maka wouldn't have shown the ability by now.

On a different yet discussed topic- Why *should* Maka be as physically strong as B*S or Kid? Those two are far from the norm, why are they be the standard she's supposed to meet or surpass to be considered a competent and capable fighter? I just get the idea that whenever people talk about Maka being weak or not, everyone's just using whatever definition of "strength" props up their opinion of her. She isn't "weak", if she were she wouldn't be teamed with B*S and Kid or else she'd long dead. But she won't be benchpressing B*S anytime soon :lol: But comparing her to them isn't meaningful except to bash her or direct her off the frontlines of combat.

Maka easily has met the physical standard for a student of her rank- she's easily capable of getting through the fights necessary to collect the regular corrupt souls. The witch fight is one she's not expected to be able to handle yet. She's usually agile and clever with using the scythe (a terrible weapon, probably the worst type we've seen in SE to have to fight with). Sans Weapons, she'd smash Kim and I wouldn't bet against her vs Ox. She wouldn't be *just* a student if she were mature and skilled enough to handle every unusual super-unbalanced fight she's run into, but she's done well in some of them.

In other words, she's just like B*S and Kid, who each have their own problems to overcome in the major fights. I know its tempting to try to shove characters into little 'That's their speciality' pigeonholes, but thank god Soul Eater's more complex and dynamic than that.

On a different thing- does it seem like BONES is dumbing her down from the manga? Cutting down her fights by taking out her better/crazier scenes, and in the most recent one (35) dropping her use of Witch-hunter?
Old 2008-12-03, 15:04   Link #219
lmd_84

Given Maka's strengths (physical and otherwise), she actually seems pretty versatile.

And no, there's no reason why she 'needs' to be as strong as Black Star or Kid, but when it comes to pigeon-holeing the characters do enough of that themselves, misguided though it can be.

Black Star disregards soul wavelengths for the sake of raw power, and Maka herself took the first Crona fight as an indication that she simply wasn't physically strong enough to get where she wanted to be, thus leading her to the mistakes that culminated in bad synchronisation between her and Soul during the Free fight.

Seems to me that in this series' dynamic of characters and their roles, it doesn't help to be single-minded.
Old 2008-12-03, 16:03   Link #220
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkKitty View Post
There's some on-going bit in here about the theory of Maka also being a Weapon and just choosing not to use it?

Just a couple of things on that- if Maka had the ability to draw on her own weapon form, would she have chosen not to try to use it in defense of hers or Soul's life? She really honestly would just stand and watch Crona swing at her, willing to take the slash with her vunerable flesh body instead of transforming herself or some part into something better able to bear the attack? Not just in that fight, but anytime she's faced a dangerous, incoming blow?
Not even Soul manages that much. Besides, Maka can be a stubborn idiot. We've seen her do insane, suicidal shit a couple times now going strongly against what's sensible. If it's something she feels particularly strongly about and has a mental block about, like her issues with her dad, I wouldn't be too surprised. In the end, Maka's recklessness is second only to Black☆Star.

Quote:
When she's in danger, she just doesn't think of or want to draw on an additional ability available to her? That takes some major heavy-duty willpower; it would be like her choosing to be a combat-capable Meister and then promptly cutting off a foot just so she couldn't be TOO useful. Forgive me, considering Maka's actions seen thus far, the logic isn't very good.
Um, no, she doesn't. Maka doesn't demonstrate preexisting additional abilities when in danger as much as she gains new abilities at the moment and demonstrates them. And, Maka does have some ridiculous willpower to her when it comes to things like that.

Quote:
I know I'm discounting the idea that maybe her transforming ability just hasn't shown itself yet (she doesn't know) but we've been shown nothing in the manga to suggest this is possible. Weapons KNOW they're Weapons. I have no opinions of if a Weapon can also be a Meister, I don't see why not, but I have a really hard time believing that Maka wouldn't have shown the ability by now.
The possibility you're discounting though is a perfectly valid explanation too.

Quote:
On a different yet discussed topic- Why *should* Maka be as physically strong as B*S or Kid? Those two are far from the norm, why are they be the standard she's supposed to meet or surpass to be considered a competent and capable fighter? I just get the idea that whenever people talk about Maka being weak or not, everyone's just using whatever definition of "strength" props up their opinion of her. She isn't "weak", if she were she wouldn't be teamed with B*S and Kid or else she'd long dead. But she won't be benchpressing B*S anytime soon :lol: But comparing her to them isn't meaningful except to bash her or direct her off the frontlines of combat.
  1. Generic action shounen series protagonist reasons, because in the end this is just a generic shounen action series with style (and lots of it).
  2. Because Maka's been forced into fighting people unarmed before and probably will be forced into it again.
  3. Because all the characters seem to need to fix those issues that've been plaguing them. Maka's been having issues over her unarmed combat ability, Black☆Star's been having issues over his inability to use the demon sword, and Death the Kid needs to get over his OCD. All of these flaws have been utterly crippling at moments, and it seems to me that the direction this series is going in is that they will all overcome these issues and sort of round out more.

Quote:
Maka easily has met the physical standard for a student of her rank- she's easily capable of getting through the fights necessary to collect the regular corrupt souls. The witch fight is one she's not expected to be able to handle yet. She's usually agile and clever with using the scythe (a terrible weapon, probably the worst type we've seen in SE to have to fight with). Sans Weapons, she'd smash Kim and I wouldn't bet against her vs Ox. She wouldn't be *just* a student if she were mature and skilled enough to handle every unusual super-unbalanced fight she's run into, but she's done well in some of them.
I'm not saying Maka should be a complete asskicker, but she shouldn't be worthless either. Most series have a bad habit of giving each character their place by creating situations which only they can handle (everyone else is worthless) and basically pigeonholing the cast into certain roles.

Quote:
In other words, she's just like B*S and Kid, who each have their own problems to overcome in the major fights. I know its tempting to try to shove characters into little 'That's their speciality' pigeonholes, but thank god Soul Eater's more complex and dynamic than that.
I agree. I'm just predicting that, in fact, they will overcome the problems and the pigeonholes.

Quote:
On a different thing- does it seem like BONES is dumbing her down from the manga? Cutting down her fights by taking out her better/crazier scenes, and in the most recent one (35) dropping her use of Witch-hunter?
Yep. What bugged me is that they took out the part where Maka was fighting against Free using Tsubaki. Oh, and I think they're doing it to balance out the main characters. I mean, in order of main characters, Maka/Soul is THE main character combo. The secondary main characters are Black☆Star and Tsubaki. And, lastly, the Death/Liz/Patty is the main character trio with the least spotlight. I think they're just balancing it out for marketing reasons (ie. target demographic is boys, so we need to at least give the male protagonists just as much screen-time).

Quote:
Given Maka's strengths (physical and otherwise), she actually seems pretty versatile.

Quote:
And no, there's no reason why she 'needs' to be as strong as Black Star or Kid, but when it comes to pigeon-holeing the characters do enough of that themselves, misguided though it can be.
It looked me to like they were trying to get out of their pigeonholes, though.

Quote:
Black Star disregards soul wavelengths for the sake of raw power, and Maka herself took the first Crona fight as an indication that she simply wasn't physically strong enough to get where she wanted to be, thus leading her to the mistakes that culminated in bad synchronisation between her and Soul during the Free fight.
Spoiler for The Free fight.:

That's why I predict that Maka is going to be a stronger all-rounder type fighter later, and she does have a lot in common with Stein.

Quote:
Seems to me that in this series' dynamic of characters and their roles, it doesn't help to be single-minded.
I'm not sure either way, really.

Last edited by Stream; 2008-12-03 at 17:55.
Closed Thread