AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 08:30   Link #3041
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
lol probably i'm the only one who was appy to not see gai and inori
WELL, iNORI, for me, is one of the most mysterious characters in the story that is next to Shu and Gai.. I'm more intrested to know about the 3's connection to each other than caring about what happens to Yahiro and his brother

Spoiler for :)):
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 08:51   Link #3042
Soji

Honestly I like Hare as character but dont pairing with Shu as couple.Seriously for me she dont suit him at all.She fine for him just as friend and dont at Girlfriend.Anyway ,I really like this episode and how Shu behaved during all that.Shu really show in this episode how much it's grow from before he meet Inori and the other of FP.Thanks for what happen will be really interesting to see from now on.From the previw it's seems that the next ep will be really good.
Spoiler for preview ep 10:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 08:52   Link #3043
Edict

Shu's experiences and their framework of choice reflecting the ethical quandaries of the setting's conflict could lead to appreciable character depth. Segei and Dan's relationship is coming along ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
By making them conscious in fantasy, you avoid letting them subconsciously take you over in real life. Jung's concept of the Shadow.

I would guess that the gist of Jung's theory was to not deny and thereby displace the affective locus of such impulses (i.e. oneself), which would not in implication entail indulging the same through mental enactment. Depth psychology of Jung's persuasion would likely question dichotomies between the mental and the 'actual', where the former is or becomes fated to actuality, such as with the original causes of complexes and that of synchronisation. Jung (as I recall) advocated integration through awareness, presumably to mediate compulsion, in mind of the theoretical tenets (undifferentiated nature of reality, including the mental which thus shares causality) there is probably a divergence between the original model and the interpretation of appeasing such impulses in their personally and socially destructive form.
Edict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 09:27   Link #3044
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
My flower, it is Ookouchi Ichirou who wrote it.
I see....thank you Cagliostro....

Production IG, Nitro+....how many more have their hands in this pie....?
Old 2011-12-09, 11:28   Link #3045
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Gai is infected with the virus. We also know those infected are telepathic and can feel peoples thoughts, specially the negative ones. Only way for him not to be infected is for him to be the actual source of it, which would make him a candidate to turn heel.

I guess Gai can tell who is a traitor or not. He can also tell who hates him and who doesn't. This would come in handy in keeping his organization free of moles.

Something powerful is holding back the disease in Gai and that powerful substance is probably Inori's blood. The GHQ has a hard time treating it, how can Funeral Parlor do any better? Gai has shown unusually fast reflexes and coordination, bordering on Inori's abilities. I think we can somewhat assume that Inori is keeping Gai alive.

Theory time:

The original Inori and Shu were part of a psychic weapon program. Someone found a rock with some alien DNA decades before, like Jenova in FF7. They spliced human DNA and alien DNA to create techno-organic psychic children. Inori went berserk. She exploded like a mushroom and her spores went everywhere, infected a lot of people with her DNA. She began taking them over. Shu killed her before she could kill everyone, as he was the successful alien human hybrid. The program was shut down, Shu was traumatized and forgot about it, and the researchers managed to subdue his powers. He was given to one of their researchers to raise and observe.

- I think Shu suppresses his ability to see Voids because he is emotionally needy. He wants people to like him. If he could see voids (use his telepathy) he would be lonelier than he already is.
- the Apocalypse virus is what is left of the original Inori... current Inori's blood suppresses it in Gai.
- original Inori went Akira... succumbed to alien power, Jenova's genetic memory
- Shu is a dormant telepathic/telekinetic weapon and only thing that can stop big evil that is coming.
- Shu was named after one of his creators... Shuichiro Keido
- those infected with the Apocalypse Virus will come together to resurrect the original Inori.... Sephiroth clone style
- Shu is the center of a huge international conspiracy that goes higher than GHQ. Someone more powerful than the GHQ doesn't want the GHQ to know who Shu is. Seiga works for them.

Last edited by mechalord; 2011-12-09 at 11:59.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 12:23   Link #3046
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wow, heavy episode. not something i expected from this show. probably the best ep thus far.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 12:50   Link #3047
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Gai is infected with the virus. We also know those infected are telepathic and can feel peoples thoughts, specially the negative ones. Only way for him not to be infected is for him to be the actual source of it, which would make him a candidate to turn heel.

I guess Gai can tell who is a traitor or not. He can also tell who hates him and who doesn't. This would come in handy in keeping his organization free of moles.

Something powerful is holding back the disease in Gai and that powerful substance is probably Inori's blood. The GHQ has a hard time treating it, how can Funeral Parlor do any better? Gai has shown unusually fast reflexes and coordination, bordering on Inori's abilities. I think we can somewhat assume that Inori is keeping Gai alive.

Theory time:

The original Inori and Shu were part of a psychic weapon program. Someone found a rock with some alien DNA decades before, like Jenova in FF7. They spliced human DNA and alien DNA to create techno-organic psychic children. Inori went berserk. She exploded like a mushroom and her spores went everywhere, infected a lot of people with her DNA. She began taking them over. Shu killed her before she could kill everyone, as he was the successful alien human hybrid. The program was shut down, Shu was traumatized and forgot about it, and the researchers managed to subdue his powers. He was given to one of their researchers to raise and observe.

- I think Shu suppresses his ability to see Voids because he is emotionally needy. He wants people to like him. If he could see voids (use his telepathy) he would be lonelier than he already is.
- the Apocalypse virus is what is left of the original Inori... current Inori's blood suppresses it in Gai.
- original Inori went Akira... succumbed to alien power, Jenova's genetic memory
- Shu is a dormant telepathic/telekinetic weapon and only thing that can stop big evil that is coming.
- Shu was named after one of his creators... Shuichiro Keido
- those infected with the Apocalypse Virus will come together to resurrect the original Inori.... Sephiroth clone style
- Shu is the center of a huge international conspiracy that goes higher than GHQ. Someone more powerful than the GHQ doesn't want the GHQ to know who Shu is. Seiga works for them.
I like your theory it's seem possible.Let's see how develops in the future.
Old 2011-12-09, 13:29   Link #3048
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
What about Shu & Inori being clones of the characters from lost Cristmas? Or even Shu being Kurosu's clone?

Last edited by Iby; 2011-12-09 at 13:50.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 14:44   Link #3049
Soji

^I thought something like that some time ago. Anyway after rewatch this week ep ...I was wondering something . I was wondering if something like Jun request don't will be a issue Shuu will going to have to face with so many of the victims of Lost Christmas in the future. And if this will happen,and Shu will really have to do something like that with many people this mean he will have to deal with the family left behind like Yahiro which Shuu does know.I really hope I'm wrong ,because if I'm right that would be a hellish life.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-09 at 15:07.
Old 2011-12-09, 18:02   Link #3050
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Okay, now the limit has been bypassed way too much: I think we already know that much the plausible similarities between Guilty Crown and Code Geass. However, this is going way too far to the point people who didn't even watch the show will encounter way too many spoilers even if they didn't want to (mention of certain key characters, comparing them with GC characters don't help AT ALL).

Cleaning up this mess right now. I want all of you to stop bringing out CG left and right. It is extremely tedious considering nearly no one label their spoilers correctly, and turning the discussion into some cross / meta discussion.
Old 2011-12-09, 23:27   Link #3051
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Something infecting and taking over a mecha? 1996 called back and wants their tragic mecha deaths based on this back.

This episode marks the very first time I could empathize with Shu. I guess when you fight and shit, there's damage done, people are killed, but getting to know someone directly and having them beg to kill you is an another matter. It's nice they decided to establish some kind of consistency in Shu rather than a pile of emo that gets puppet strings drawn across him.

It was also good that stupid fanservice was not in the episode. We just had some generic cute Hare moments, but it is what it is and nothing to complain there.

But those bad guys lol. Worst shots ever. You have to wonder why those guys are like watching Shu in a crystal ball can't just get a team to position snipers all over the place to shoot him. I mean do they have to be discrete when they're killing and injuring people in broad daylight anyways? It's not like they have any restraint when they're casually shooting guided missles at a cruise ship. (Submarines anyone??) Would be less obvious too. American Dan. Somehow you are not the most cartoony guy in this.

The other issue was that I could barely care about his friend and his sister, and they expect me to do it. But whatever, it works in terms of effectiveness on Shu, showing his naive ass that this indeed is war.

Anyhow, it was a good episode that bothers with having a narrative. 8/10 in Guilty Crown terms which meant it went above expectations by quite a bit.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-12-09 at 23:45.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 01:46   Link #3052
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

But those bad guys lol. Worst shots ever. You have to wonder why those guys are like watching Shu in a crystal ball can't just get a team to position snipers all over the place to shoot him. I mean do they have to be discrete when they're killing and injuring people in broad daylight anyways? It's not like they have any restraint when they're casually shooting guided missles at a cruise ship. (Submarines anyone??) Would be less obvious too. American Dan. Somehow you are not the most cartoony guy in this.

The other issue was that I could barely care about his friend and his sister, and they expect me to do it. But whatever, it works in terms of effectiveness on Shu, showing his naive ass that this indeed is war.
Technically, you can argue that the bad guys were just luring Shu and Yahiro to the mech that Daryl was piloting. However, that just raises the question why they did that in the first place when they could have just shot him. Seriously, Segai's interest in Shu has got to be one of the biggest plot armors I've ever seen. And of course, I've said repeatedly that these antagonists are the worst antagonists ever. It's fine if they're funny (like Dan Eagleman), but when they're not, it just makes you wonder how they could conquer Rhode Island, let alone Japan.

As for Yahiro and his brother, I've seen a lot of people mixed on caring for him. Honestly, I cared more of how it would affect Shu rather than them in particular.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 03:08   Link #3053
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
As for Yahiro and his brother, I've seen a lot of people mixed on caring for him. Honestly, I cared more of how it would affect Shu rather than them in particular.
Yea same. Since that was the main intent, I could say it could have been better, but it did what it had to do. Okouchi is clearly the superior of the 2 writers around here.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 03:51   Link #3054
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well I'll be damned. A good Guilty Crown episode. Even Shu was likable this time around. He's become a lot more confident and brave under Gai's tutelage. The old Shu would have just made that awkward puppy face when Yashiro asked for his help and told him that had nothing to do with him before proceeding to cry in a corner and whine about how nobody likes him. I'm afraid what happened at the end of the episode will reverse the development he's undergone though... but there is also a chance it will strengthen his will once he gets over it. In any case, I expect he'll go into an emo phase next week, which would be pretty understandable given what he just went through. I'm hoping Hare will be the one who will help him overcome it.
I hope about this too. And of course I agree that this was the best episode of the series.

Also we now have 2 camps: those who like Inori and those who don't
Old 2011-12-10, 03:58   Link #3055
Soji

Guys I found something really interesting it's a pic. This pic is supposedly from some anime magazine.
Spoiler for pic:
Apparently Ayase is going to Shuu’s school.If this happen is actually understandable move because after this episode obviously Shuu is going to have some mental problem and then FP has to figure out what is going on in Shuu’s mind ASAP.Inori is already with him but, you know, she is the last person in FP to do this mind survey/observation kind of job.(not to mention emotionless as Inori is ,I doubt she would be able to help him in this situation.)Anyway I hope this thing is true because in this way we will have more Ayase screen time .
Old 2011-12-10, 04:02   Link #3056
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^ Great! More Kana Hanazawa goodness!
Old 2011-12-10, 04:32   Link #3057
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Future episodes:
Old 2011-12-10, 07:57   Link #3058
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Apparently Ayase is going to Shuu’s school..
I liked Ayase's character from the beginning, so I don't mind seeing more of her.

Though I do agree with Kanon's statement about the school setting thing...it's getting a bit boring...
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 08:05   Link #3059
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

If anything, I want to see more of Ayase. Her going to school will be quite the scene to witness. The amount of students offering to her help, having to babysit Shu, it's going to be hell for her

But yes, am I the only one imagining her slapping some sense into Shu...like...literally?
Old 2011-12-10, 08:14   Link #3060
EroKing

If she transfers in I get the feeling Hare and Ayase will become really good friends

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig