AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-23, 16:45   Link #41
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Ahhhhh! My need is at least temporarily sated

Without spoiling the special, I'll say that you can look forward to some more of the photogenic Umezawa Yukari sensei (all dressed up for the occasion as well) and featuring Hikaru as a narrator voice for the first time ever. Also, expect some really unorthodox play in this episode. So far almost all games from both the anime and the manga have been identified as actial pro games, but I wonder about that one...

At least we can be fairly sure of a continuation of the storyline, as it ends halfway through
How much manga is left after this special? Is there enough to make a another tv season, even if it's just 13 episodes, or just enough for a short ova?
Old 2004-01-23, 19:39   Link #42
flash008

PLEASE! some help me, i downloaded the file but for some reason i cant play it it said that it's not an avi file what do i do? i really want to watch it, its because of HNG that i started to play Go

Last edited by flash008; 2004-01-23 at 20:14.
flash008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 07:20   Link #43
ato
Oups...

Flash008: Ask in the "Playback Help" forum, that's where all the codec gurus hang out

Kamui4356: No, there should not be material for another season if one gies by what is published in manga format. Sadly, I am told that the manga ends after the North Star tournament, so the next special will likely finish up all the remaining material...
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 14:21   Link #44
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Knowing how fans were completely disappointed by the manga's inadequate ending, maybe they will try to end Hikaru no go the anime at a more satisfactory means.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 23:39   Link #45
donna8157

what was the manga's ending? did he learn the divine movie?
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 23:47   Link #46
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kyuchen Send a message via AIM to Kyuchen Send a message via MSN to Kyuchen
no, I believe the manga ends at the end of the Hokuto Cup (which i'm not going into detail because potential spoiler) and all of them realize that the World of Go is a rather big place, and there plenty good players out there waiting to be challenged, and to achieve the "Kami no Te" (Hand of God) might take lifelong learning
Kyuchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 01:34   Link #47
Ori

No. The ending was more like Hikaru cried because he lost. Then in the last 2 pages you have Sai saying, "Can you hear me?" but not to no one in particular.
Old 2004-01-25, 01:47   Link #48
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kyuchen Send a message via AIM to Kyuchen Send a message via MSN to Kyuchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
No. The ending was more like Hikaru cried because he lost. Then in the last 2 pages you have Sai saying, "Can you hear me?" but not to no one in particular.
hehehe, i know... when i read that, i was like: "What the...? but i thought....? wasn't he....? grrh...."
Old 2004-01-25, 02:12   Link #49
donna8157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori

Aww . . that's sad. who did Hikaru lose to? Akira? Umm .. yeah .. I can see why it would end like that .. because before Sai left he realized that Shuunsaku's purpose was to help him, his purpose is to help Hikaru, and Hikaru will later help another person ...
Old 2004-01-25, 02:44   Link #50
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
Aww . . that's sad. who did Hikaru lose to? Akira?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
Umm .. yeah .. I can see why it would end like that .. because before Sai left he realized that Shuunsaku's purpose was to help him, his purpose is to help Hikaru, and Hikaru will later help another person ...
Actually, if you had watched the New Year Special (which is subbed by Youma-Otakus currently), you would get maybe a bit more understanding of the Sai situation, because....

Spoiler:

makes you think don't it? who Sai really is
Old 2004-01-25, 22:23   Link #51
Ori

Considering Sai beat everyone including Akira's father, I think he might be God of Go in some respect.

I just hope that if they do continue Hikaru no go for a few more episodes they will make a much better ending... Anime did go beyond manga before (like Shaman King and Kenshin).
Old 2004-01-26, 02:41   Link #52
donna8157

that's interesting. .but i dont' think sai is the god of go .. he hasn't mastered the divine move. . =/
Old 2004-01-26, 02:57   Link #53
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Considering Sai beat everyone including Akira's father, I think he might be God of Go in some respect.

I just hope that if they do continue Hikaru no go for a few more episodes they will make a much better ending... Anime did go beyond manga before (like Shaman King and Kenshin).
Sai does not consider himself as the God of Go. What he wanted was to play the hand of god or the divine move of Go.
Old 2004-01-26, 04:10   Link #54
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I couldn't agree with you more on that!! but as far as Kenshin, i do believe the anime didn't cover the entire storyline of the manga; the anime didn't go into enishi's storyline, where as the manga put an incredible end to very exciting series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
if you put it that way, then I'll think Hikaru would be closer than Sai, let's not forget Hikaru did catch that one important spot to couter Sai and potentially save the Meijin's terratory, when Meijin resigned and Sai was enjoying in the moment....
Old 2004-01-26, 23:23   Link #55
chamelean75

I really hope that they make another season of Hikaru No Go. However, there hasn't been anyword of any type of continuation of the series. I think that if they did, there is enough stuff to make another season, such as more tournaments, perhaps the return of Sai and the hand of god. It's been awhile since the manga just ended. I don't know how long it takes people to create another season but I think that if they were going to do another season, they probably would have already done so, unless they wanted to finish the anime and then do the series. I don't know if same people who draw the mangas draw the anime too. I hope for the best!!!!
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 22:51   Link #56
chamelean75

Hikaru No Go

Does anyone know where I can get a complete episode summary of the anime? I mean like episode 18, this is what happens, episode 19, this is what happens.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 02:09   Link #57
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

I noticed in AonE's version of the special they cut out the Yukari-sensei clips...
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 02:15   Link #58
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
I noticed in AonE's version of the special they cut out the Yukari-sensei clips...
Yea I noticed that too so I went for YoumaOtakus version, Yukari-sensei is the best.
Old 2004-02-05, 16:37   Link #59
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
*Briareos goes to download the YoumaOtakus version.* I wonder why they did that? Maybe their RAW didn't have the segments?
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 19:51   Link #60
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

To those of u who knows a bit about famous Go players, don't u find it a bit weird that they don't ever mention Go Seigen? Shusaku is generally recognized as the best of the 19th century, and Seigen for the 20th.

Also the idea of the "Hand of God" is unrealistic, since there isn't really a set of perfect moves as your moves really depend on your opponent move as well.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote