AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-22, 11:57   Link #321
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just saw episode 8. It's great how this show is able to carry the drama without going into the territory of heavy-handed sappiness. This is where a lot of other shows tend to fail.

That said, both Akira and Fumi need to stop tying their hairs in pigtails. They are far, far more beautiful with their hair down.

I'm not too sure if Akira's attempt to interrogate Sugi was a good move. She's obviously worried about Fumi but it may just bring about more harm than good. Fore me it's mostly because I find Fumi hard to read. With her suppressed reactions and minal speech it's hard to tell what she really feels. Perhaps Akira can read her clearly but I can't, at least for this episode, which makes an outside judging of action hard to do.

Fumi and Kyouko's little ditty was a believable exchange of an awkward conversation. Kyouko's obviously not going to get over her anytime soon, and Sugi's going on over to the realm of abject moodiness, which I guess is fine considering what's happening. It's just that it's difficult to gauge Sugi's emotional stance as it were, as she's pretty much a drifter in that sense. No one can really tell where her heart lies, perhaps because her heart isn't set on anything or anyone.

Extending on Fumi's feelings, it's safe to say that the episode end shows that she's not as over Sugi as she thinks she is. Same goes for Kyouko and her one sides romance fetish (or so it is said). I understand the feeling because I've been there: rejection never hurts as much the moment it is said, it starts to hurt like shit hours if not days after, the moment it finally hits and you realize it's over and done.

That's why the ending did hit me harder than most, being a guy and all. Except of course we weren't crying, the other guy was a good friend of mine, and the girl we were essentially in a triangle with was a good mutual friend. In my case I was in Kyouko's shoes and he was in Fumi's shoes.

Oh fuck now this is getting me depressed. I hate this damn episode for doing this to me.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 23:51   Link #322
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im a little late commenting on episode 8 but here i goes anywayz

Now that was just a nice episode There were a couple of changes from the manga but they all worked perfectly. In the manga when Fumi decides to go home its not raining its just dark. I feel the rainstorm just after the break up had nice symbolism also it really gave them a reason to get Fumi a ride home. Also, in the manga 3rd oldest sister accompanies eldest to take Fumi home and she was her charming self. I actually preferred the scene with just one of the sisters it had more of an impact.

Im always surprised at how subtle little things in Aoi Hana get me all excited. The scene with A chan and Sugimoto was done quite well. However, A chan is just incapable of making a mean face lol she looks cute no matter how fimes she frowned.

Kyouko scenes went as i expected them to and ended with her asking about the art lessons. I felt that Sugimoto was right in this case. Kyouko continued to try to force herself on Sugimoto even after the break up. I felt this is why we saw Sugimoto actually be a little rude to her. I dont remember Sugimoto saying "im going to slap you" but it got the point across, in the end i think Kyouko was more in love with the idea of being in love with Sugimoto i love how they joke about her fetish being unrequited love lol.

The ending scene was perfectly done and adapted in the manga only Fumi cried but in this Kyouko cried as well which just added the emotion being poured out. Both these girls were touched by one person and in the end it didnt work out expressing their emotions through tears sometimes in the best way.

Fumi is just gorgous with her hair down not only does she look a little older but it adds a touch elegance. She straightened her hair before A chan came into the room which i thought was sweet.

Very good episode we have some good material coming up soon i cant wait to see how they portray a few things.
Old 2009-08-23, 06:10   Link #323
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 8

That final scene was beautiful. The two girls' emotions over Sugimoto, which they had both been bottling up over the course of the episode, finally overflowing and then the perfectly timed cutaway to the episode title, "Love is blind", which couldn't be more relevant. The scene worked so well because it was so delicate and tender. The girls were crying, but none of it came off as overbearing for an instant. Kasai is a master director.

I have a massive amount of respect for Marimite, which, by the most technical definition of the word, isn't really "yuri". Nonetheless, barring a trainwreck, this is going to be the best yuri anime I've ever seen. I had reasonable expectations for this anime because of Kasai's and J.C. Staff's involvement, but, wow, they've just been blown away.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 06:05   Link #324
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
That said, both Akira and Fumi need to stop tying their hairs in pigtails. They are far, far more beautiful with their hair down.

I'm not too sure if Akira's attempt to interrogate Sugi was a good move. She's obviously worried about Fumi but it may just bring about more harm than good. Fore me it's mostly because I find Fumi hard to read. With her suppressed reactions and minal speech it's hard to tell what she really feels. Perhaps Akira can read her clearly but I can't, at least for this episode, which makes an outside judging of action hard to do.

Fumi and Kyouko's little ditty was a believable exchange of an awkward conversation. Kyouko's obviously not going to get over her anytime soon, and Sugi's going on over to the realm of abject moodiness, which I guess is fine considering what's happening. It's just that it's difficult to gauge Sugi's emotional stance as it were, as she's pretty much a drifter in that sense. No one can really tell where her heart lies, perhaps because her heart isn't set on anything or anyone.

Extending on Fumi's feelings, it's safe to say that the episode end shows that she's not as over Sugi as she thinks she is. Same goes for Kyouko and her one sides romance fetish (or so it is said). I understand the feeling because I've been there: rejection never hurts as much the moment it is said, it starts to hurt like shit hours if not days after, the moment it finally hits and you realize it's over and done.

That's why the ending did hit me harder than most, being a guy and all. Except of course we weren't crying, the other guy was a good friend of mine, and the girl we were essentially in a triangle with was a good mutual friend. In my case I was in Kyouko's shoes and he was in Fumi's shoes.

Disagreed! I love them with pigtails.

As for Yasuko Sugimoto, I wonder if it's apathy, since she's so moody about it all. I bet it's the total opposite. She has too much pent up inside and is actually being clingy without making it seem like she is. Her playing passive aggressive all the time is a hint.

But yeah, I love how this show shows so many angles towards varying aspects of being in relationships, there's at least something that people can empathize with. Unfortunately, I honestly have zero experience. Sometimes I wonder if that's for the best with all the drama I see of it. heh

BTW, what the heck is that image in the last page? Claymation? ZOMG MUST GET.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 09:37   Link #325
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In my case I don't exactly have zero experience, it's just that all of said experiences ended up as near epic fails.
Old 2009-08-26, 14:32   Link #326
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 09:
Old 2009-08-26, 18:50   Link #327
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 09:
Shiroth any major detours from the manga? I have not had a chance to watch the episode yet, so i wondering if they are continuing the trend they have been on.
Old 2009-08-27, 03:26   Link #328
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Shiroth any major detours from the manga? I have not had a chance to watch the episode yet, so i wondering if they are continuing the trend they have been on.
As usual, there's a few tiny ones here and there, though nothing drastically was changed.
Old 2009-08-27, 13:02   Link #329
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 09:
They covered both chapters already, so the summer trip is done. They removed some things, including the talk about Kyouko's mother, and shifted some events (and some events were portrayed in a different way), but the important things from the second chapter were there (like Kou and Akira's conversation about Kyouko). Next episode will cover "The Happy Prince" storyline (chapters 16-17).
Old 2009-08-27, 15:50   Link #330
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They covered both chapters already, so the summer trip is done.
There's still a bit more.
Spoiler for Little manga spoilers:
Old 2009-08-31, 03:39   Link #331
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Had some choco crepes with this episodes 9.

As everyone said, not much happening but we got some nice backstory about Kyouko's romantic relationships, which in turn prompted some introspection from Akira. As she says so herself, she's pretty much left out of the loop about having someone she likes. Of course, it's all capped by her little interior monologue of how, if ever she finds someone to love (and lose?) like Fumi, would she shed tears as well?

The ending of the episode was a very fine touch. Dare I say this is considered the scene that begins it all? I shall eagerly wait and see.
Old 2009-09-02, 14:33   Link #332
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2009-09-02, 18:17   Link #333
ThoHell

Fumi.... O_O finally, finally is all I got to say.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 20:24   Link #334
Fweakin

Just in case some people aren't members of crunchyroll

Spoiler for Episode 10:

So in conclusion, Fumi for the win.

All that needs to happen now is for a second season to materialise after DVD numbers are decent ::hint, hint, nudge, nudge::
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 23:21   Link #335
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ah, Fumi. She's great in the manga and at least as great in the anime. Surprised as I was by her voice at first, I think Takabe Ai is doing a masterful job of voicing her. Quiet intensity.

My only complaint is that the series will end too soon. Ep10 was excellent.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-09-03 at 12:09.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 06:23   Link #336
Viola C
Teru Fan

I'm going to miss this series. And yes, Ai Takabe is really terrific as Fumi.
Viola C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 08:39   Link #337
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ah, Fumi. She's great in the manga and at least as great in the anime. Surprised as I was by her voice at first, I think Tanabe Ai is doing a masterful job of voicing her. Quiet intensity.

My only complaint is that the series will end too soon. Ep10 was excellent.
Im actually very upset its ending this has bee my favorite romance this season. I cant help but wanting more well i mean we still have the manga but the anime is just a work of art i will miss it. But i am sure we will be getting a season 2.
Old 2009-09-03, 10:29   Link #338
SidVicious
Anime addict

Go Fumi-chan!
Loved this episode.
Old 2009-09-03, 11:47   Link #339
aulzon

Really loved the latest episode. Fumi seems to have matured a bit and it's nice to see her character development.

I felt a bit bad for Yasuko but she deserved it a bit. Also Akira's brother is really annoying.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 02:29   Link #340
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wow. Quite a ride to see Yasuko go from almost being villainous with her selfishness and her boyish diva attitude to just seeing that she was just jealous and felt inadequate all along. It almost looks like she can't recover from this one.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri