AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-09, 08:52   Link #261
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

wait wait wait, did this just turn into an anime where students fight over the top spot and even kill for it.....this anime just turned into a weird direction, the other 3 episodes were great too i was really looking forward to the rest but now....meh :P
Old 2013-04-09, 08:58   Link #262
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Quite an enjoyable episode. Backstory and characters are interesting. I like Izumiko, she's such a sweet girl.
Old 2013-04-09, 10:02   Link #263
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

So the school has a lot of students who are connected to the supernatural. It's just that they keep a tight lip about it.
Old 2013-04-09, 13:10   Link #264
HandofFate

Starting episode 4 now.

Who's that girl that Izumiko is friendly with? Has she been shown before, or is she just a new girl she's friends with?
Old 2013-04-09, 13:28   Link #265
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Starting episode 4 now.

Who's that girl that Izumiko is friendly with? Has she been shown before, or is she just a new girl she's friends with?
She's her new roommate. I was confused, too.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:43   Link #266
HandofFate

Finished episode 4.
I say this is when it starts picking up.

I actually consider the first 3 episodes, The Prologue.
Might even go on to say, just watching episode 1, then jumping to episode 4 would be fine.

A big fan of miko + spiritual techiques + gods stories in anime, so even though the first few episodes still seemed a bit passive, I decided to give it another shot.

Kind of looking forward to this spiritual battle royale situation right now.

The twins (triplets) are interesting. Seems they can summon their dead triplet sibling.
Old 2013-04-09, 15:42   Link #267
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Looks like Funimation got RDG, with this caption FAIL on this pic

https://twitter.com/PachiPortrait/st...529920/photo/1
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 16:38   Link #268
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The introduction of Mayura was pretty out of the blue, I kept trying to remember if I should remember her from earlier or not,
She was introduced at the very end of episode 3. She had the last line. It was a post-credits scene, so if you've switched off at the ED, you'll have missed it. If you missed it, I suggest you go back and watch it, if only for the brilliant low-key orchestral arrangement of ED-song that played in the background. (Story-wise you'll miss nothing.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 16:56   Link #269
kuromitsu

Ah... I'm not a fan of the ED so I stopped watching when it started playing, apparently it was a bad idea.
Old 2013-04-09, 17:18   Link #270
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Since this is the start of a new arc I guess it's normal that this felt like another "1st episode" with all the new characters and setting info being given, I did enjoy it a whole lot more than the 1st episode itself so the show is heading in the right direction for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Ah... I'm not a fan of the ED
You just made me die a little inside,how can anyone not like that ED?

(that's rhetorical btw,don't worry,just the Masumi Itō fanboy in me ranting)
Old 2013-04-09, 19:12   Link #271
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well I'm not up to date on this show because I dare not watch those pre-airs, but unlike a lot of people I enjoyed episode 1 a fair bit.

BTW, are they going to be preairing the entire season? I find that a bit annoying personally if so because I'm always going to feel 3 weeks behind the conversation since I don't want to watch LQ .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:05   Link #272
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well I'm not up to date on this show because I dare not watch those pre-airs, but unlike a lot of people I enjoyed episode 1 a fair bit.

BTW, are they going to be preairing the entire season? I find that a bit annoying personally if so because I'm always going to feel 3 weeks behind the conversation since I don't want to watch LQ .
Yeah, that'll make things really awkward if they do it the whole time. Guess this will just end up as one of those series I never come here to talk about.
Old 2013-04-09, 20:21   Link #273
Dr. Casey

The entire series is indeed going to be pre-aired, which does make things very awkward for discussions... there's a jump in quality for the third episode and beyond, though, far as I can tell - the first two episodes were only around 40 or 50 megabytes, wheras the third and fourth have been around 180. You might check the third episode out to see if it works for you.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 02:54   Link #274
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

i love that ED too, very nice atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
The entire series is indeed going to be pre-aired, which does make things very awkward for discussions... there's a jump in quality for the third episode and beyond, though, far as I can tell - the first two episodes were only around 40 or 50 megabytes, wheras the third and fourth have been around 180. You might check the third episode out to see if it works for you.
man that's gonna be a real bother in terms of discussing this anime....
Old 2013-04-10, 03:52   Link #275
kuromitsu

Quote:

Heh There's nothing wrong with the song, but it's not really my cup of tea, and the visuals are kind of boring. (Pretty but boring.) Well, in any case I'll just skip to the end from now on...
Old 2013-04-10, 06:23   Link #276
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Since this is the start of a new arc I guess it's normal that this felt like another "1st episode" with all the new characters and setting info being given, I did enjoy it a whole lot more than the 1st episode itself so the show is heading in the right direction for me.

No, that - it's the best part of the show for me, and I like RDG. I think that ED is fantastic.

Also, it's not as it it's rare for anime to slip short scenes in post credits, so shutting off the video when the ED starts seems like a bad idea generally speaking...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 06:37   Link #277
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Also, it's not as it it's rare for anime to slip short scenes in post credits, so shutting off the video when the ED starts seems like a bad idea generally speaking...
Eps 1 and 2 didn't have any post-ED scenes nor any previews, so I saw no point in sitting through an ED I'm not particularly fond of. (For that matter, ep 4 has no previews or post-ED scene either.) Clearly, in the future I'll have to make sure to check.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:11   Link #278
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Yes, they're going to preair the entire series. The only solution to make it possible for those of us who are following the TV broadcast to discuss the show would be to split the thread in two or create a subforum (I doubt that's going to happen though). It's a bit unfair for us to be penalized simply because we care about quality.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:15   Link #279
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, they're going to preair the entire series. The only solution to make it possible for those of us who are following the TV broadcast to discuss the show would be to split the thread in two or create a subforum (I doubt that's going to happen though). It's a bit unfair for us to be penalized simply because we care about quality.
What if we make it a policy that those watching the preair just use spoiler tags to discuss the episodes that havn't aired on TV yet?
Old 2013-04-10, 09:16   Link #280
Kirarakim

If it was CR streaming the series I would download fansubs for delayed episodes because I pay for their service.

But since I don't pay for Funi I can't justify downloading fansubs of the pre-aired episodes (yes my weird moral reasoning)

I wasn't completely sold on the first three episodes but at this point I think I will wait until the end and watch the rest if I hear positive feedback about the rest of the series.

Tags
fantasy, p.a. works, school life, seinen, shoujo