AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-18, 22:15   Link #1
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
GeGeGe no Kitaro (2007)

I apologize ahead of time if I posted this wrong. I got really excited when I saw this on another site so instantly I got really excited. I'm a mythology junkie, but alas I can't read a lick of Japanese.

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/kitaro/

I was cruising around the Obakemono Project forums and I saw this pop up. It appears to be a new installment in the series which has been running for a very.. VERY long time. To the point where I haven't been able to dig up a single episode.

So, really, what I'm looking for is to bring this to light and perhaps learn a little bit more as to what's going on with GeGeGe no Kitaro.
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 23:55   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

GeGeGe no Kitaro belongs to Fansub section . The first ep has been subbed already but their is dicountinuity . The anime is really good and intresting . Being an classic it gives us a look at life in Japan pre electronics age
Old 2007-02-19, 03:38   Link #3
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
Well, this is where I REALLY got confused. That was the first part of the series, then a second part aired in the 80's. The list just kind of goes on like that. As previously stated, this fifth installment hasn't even been released yet as far as I can tell. [I saw numbers!] So I wasn't sure if it would go here or not, being unaired and all. -Nod.-

Either way I'd love to see someone pick this series up to sub. It's interesting and is something which is really different from what's being put out right now. It's a prime example of a series that just might never see the light of day in the states.
Old 2007-02-19, 04:39   Link #4
NeoSam

Look whats also starting:

Gegege no Kitaro Part 2 to Begin in Comic BonBon

Old 2007-02-19, 04:43   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Ama no Kagaseo: Indeed, there is a brand new Gegege no Kitaro series premeiring in April. Like you I'm a mythjunkie and having seen a few episodes of earlier seasons I can tell you that this stuff is pure crack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
TV Series
Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro was broadcasted on Fuji Television during the following four seasons:

1968-1969
1971-1972
1985-1988
1996-1998
Toei Animation animated the above series.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 04:52   Link #6
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
If only it would get to the states, then I'd be in bliss. u.u

NoSaninWa: I haven't even been able to do THAT much sadly. Every time I try to download anything Bit Torrent just refuses to function properly. I have no problems with anything else but GeGeGe no Kitaro. The gods are conspiring against me, I swear. u.u

It wouldn't be so bad if someone would at least pick it up to sub [5th] but right now I'm not addicted. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M MISSING AND I'M BOTHERED! All I have are pretty pictures and a few chapters from the manga. -Bawl.-
Old 2007-02-19, 09:11   Link #7
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
GeGeGe no Kitaro belongs to Fansub section . The first ep has been subbed already but their is dicountinuity . The anime is really good and intresting . Being an classic it gives us a look at life in Japan pre electronics age
You're thinking of the wrong Gegege no Kitaro show.
This series has been animated MANY times in the last 40 years.

This new one hasn't even aired yet, so I doubt there are subs of it out there :P
This new version of Kitaro is the fifth remake of the series, and starts in April 2007.

The new character design looks very... "soft".
It seems to lose the creepy look the original Shigeru Mizuki's style had,
in exchange fo the cute and cuddly look.
And gosh, Nekomusume never looked so cute!
Never thought I'd see Nekomusume with sexy bare legs sticking out of miniskirt.

And yes, I grew up watching Kitaro when I was a kid too.
♪obake no post ni~ tegami o irerya~ dokokade Kitaro no~ geta no oto~♪
♪karan koron karan karan koron ♪
Old 2007-02-19, 13:12   Link #8
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

@ Ama no Kagaseo

I was talking about the first part of the series the one in 68 . Its being subbed but hasnt gone past ep 1 . I didnt know about the 07 show . When I did check up I wanted to get Fuji Tv Bad Really bad . As the entire seasons/versions are rebrodcast to bring new veiwers upto speed . The new show will be a blessing in disguise and hopefully may speed up the subbing of 68-69 season

Old 2007-02-19, 17:02   Link #9
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You're thinking of the wrong Gegege no Kitaro show.
This series has been animated MANY times in the last 40 years.

This new one hasn't even aired yet, so I doubt there are subs of it out there :P
This new version of Kitaro is the fifth remake of the series, and starts in April 2007.

The new character design looks very... "soft".
It seems to lose the creepy look the original Shigeru Mizuki's style had,
in exchange fo the cute and cuddly look.
And gosh, Nekomusume never looked so cute!
Never thought I'd see Nekomusume with sexy bare legs sticking out of miniskirt.

And yes, I grew up watching Kitaro when I was a kid too.
♪obake no post ni~ tegami o irerya~ dokokade Kitaro no~ geta no oto~♪
♪karan koron karan karan koron ♪
I didn't really see the softness in the new design. Very glossy compared to the oldness, yes. It has lost the touch Shigeru Mizuki had but I believe they did the original version justice.

I wish I could say I grew up on GeGeGe no Kitaro, but I'm a little too young. I was just exposed to it some time in '05 actually, and still haven't had the chance to get my hands on a lot of the content. So perhaps my judgment in wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
@ Ama no Kagaseo

I was talking about the first part of the series the one in 68 . Its being subbed but hasnt gone past ep 1 . I didnt know about the 07 show . When I did check up I wanted to get Fuji Tv Bad Really bad . As the entire seasons/versions are rebrodcast to bring new veiwers upto speed . The new show will be a blessing in disguise and hopefully may speed up the subbing of 68-69 season

Oh, I'd love it if the fansub groups picked up this entire work. *-* Some how I don't think it's likely but at least I'd like to see the 2007 series.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-02-19 at 18:11. Reason: merged double-post
Old 2007-02-19, 18:14   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Can anyone tell me if/how the 5 seasons are connected? Do they retell the same stories in a different way or do they all animate different stories from the original manga? Are they all taken directly from Shigeru Mizuki's manga or are some series merely inspired by it?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 18:32   Link #11
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Can anyone tell me if/how the 5 seasons are connected? Do they retell the same stories in a different way or do they all animate different stories from the original manga? Are they all taken directly from Shigeru Mizuki's manga or are some series merely inspired by it?

I think they tell different stories if I'm not mistaken.

As far as Shigeru Mizuki I'm not sure on that one either. He's gotten pretty old. He's well into his 80's now, so I think they might have a new person writing now. e.e; I could be mistaken, however.

Well, that was a pretty lame attempt at answering a question. u.u; Sorry I couldn't do any better.
Old 2007-02-19, 21:05   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The manga ran from 1966-70 When I checked up on ANN fund which were sequels and remakes

Quote:

Quote:

* Gegege no Kitaro [1968]

* Shin Gegege no Kitaro (TV) ( sequel ) <-----1971

* Gegege no Kitaro *[1985] (TV) ( remake )

* Gegege no Kitaro: Jigoku Hen (TV) ( * sequel ) <---- 1988

* Gegege no Kitaro [1996] (TV) ( sequel )

* Gegege no Kitaro (TV 2007) ( remake )

Movies

* Gegege no Kitarou - Daikaijuu (movie) (sequel)
* Gegege no Kitarou - Obake Night (movie) (sequel)
* Gegege no Kitarou - Youkai Tokkuu (movie) (sequel)
* Gegege no Kitarou (movie) (sequel)
* Gegege no Kitarou - Kekitotosu!! Youkai no Taihonran (movie) (sequel)
* Gegege no Kitarou - Seikyou Youkai Gundan! Nihon Jyouriku!! (movie) (sequel)
* Gegege no Kitarou: Yokai Taisen Araso (movie) (sequel)

Old 2007-02-20, 19:13   Link #13
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

..Wow. GeGeGe no Kitaro has a lot of movies as well. @.@;

So.. That means that the 2007 series is a remake? Interesting. I don't know how well that'll go over with people who have known GeGeGe no Kitaro for a long time, but I don't mind. xD
Old 2007-02-21, 00:37   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:

* Gegege no Kitaro [1968] - 065 ep

* Shin Gegege no Kitaro [1971] - 068 ep

* Gegege no Kitaro [1985] - 108 ep

* Gegege no Kitaro: Jigoku Hen [1988] - 007 ep

* Gegege no Kitaro [1996] - 114 ep

Yeah it will Its aired for a long time Correct me if I am wrong Doreamon has the highest number of Movies ? or One Peice for that matter . The official site for the show is GeGeGe no Kitaro (2007) ( japanese )

Old 2007-02-21, 03:38   Link #15
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Like I said, I don't know how well that'll go over with die hard fans, but I'm happy at least. With any luck it'll be picked up by a subbing group and I can finally follow the adventures of Kitaro.

However, I don't know a lot about Doraemon or One Piece. Unfortunately my exposure to One Piece was via Cartoon Network. u.u
Old 2007-02-21, 10:21   Link #16
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

One Piece actually does not have that many movies.
It's comparable to other Jump manga movie titles such as Dragon Ball movies.

It does not come even CLOSE to what Doraemon or Lupin the IIIrd has.
There has been 26 theatrical movies of Doraemon.
Lupin the IIIrd has had 7 theatrical movies, and 18 made-for-TV movies on the famed Friday Night Roadshow TV show.

Gegege no Kitaro has had 9 theatrical movies, and 1 live-action made for TV movie.
However, the first two movies are nothing but an edited recap of the TV series.
There is a live-action theatrical movie coming out in April of this year, when this anime starts.
Old 2007-03-23, 13:39   Link #17
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Episode 1 preview clip is up!

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/kitaro...ory/index.html

Can't wait to watch this classic series reborn! Think I only saw around 2 eps of the 1996 series and it was great! Still have that "Ge-Ge-Ge" theme song roughly in my head XD
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 14:15   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The second I saw the sheer amount of movies for GeGeGe No Kitaro only one name came to mind, Toei Animation. I'm wondering if anyone agrees, but has anyone noticed the resemblance between Kitaro and Manta from Shaman King.

separated at birth?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 16:32   Link #19
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Lol, nah. There are a lot of Anime characters that look alike but if I have to come up with a reason then, maybe the artist of Shaman King was influenced by Kitarou somehow. It's very old after all
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 17:06   Link #20
gianna
gigi

Anyone else eagerly awaiting the raw

*second edit - So it has been subbed - probably can't get them though

And english trailer of live action movie - http://www.shochikufilms.com/movie/kitaro.html

Last edited by gianna; 2007-04-02 at 10:40.
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote