AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-02, 16:03   Link #21
cloudninja

Episode 6 preview clip.

We see Jun touching Hiromi's hair, now that's bold. He also seems to be affecting her with his words since her eyes widen in response. If only Shinichiro had half the guts. I wonder if Jun really has any feelings for her or maybe he's the playboy type who can easily say and do things to seduce someone without inhibitions. I hope Hiromi is'nt the type who falls easily for someone's advances and she probably is'nt. After rewatching episode 5 I think Jun is only trying his best on Hiromi for his sister Noe's sake. He probably wants to remove Hiromi as a competitor to Noe for Shinichiro. He had trouble remembering Hiromi's name when Shinichiro asked Jun in turn to date Hiromi.

Second part of the clip shows Hiromi responding defiantly to Shin's mother. Not sure what the exchange is about but at least she is no longer acting submissively to his mother. My hope is that it's because she won't accept Shin's mother trying to keep them from getting closer.

Last part is Aiko. Looks like she is at least close to confessing. With episode 6 titled "What Kind of Joke is That?", that could be his response to her confession. That would make sense since episode 6 was supposed to have an Aiko-centric title according to the episode title pattern so far.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-02 at 16:19.
Old 2008-02-03, 08:27   Link #22
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
after episode 5 i think they are setting things up, my prediction are that hiromi will start to go out with jun just to hurt shin the same way he hurt her feelings, so many indications are given (mail from tomoyo, her reaction to the convo in her room, as well as shin's mother pressuring her) all of this seems to be a setup for a hiromi ending where they will reconciliate, or maybe not and they ll never really be able to express their feeling a la "in the mood for love".
aiko will be a no go, it will prolly just be shin's response to hiromi going out with jun as a retaliation, she ll prolly be use as a tool of vengeance and he wont see her in a romantic way ending with nobuse aiko and shin's friendship truely damage. this would open the door to aiko getting with nobuse for good to.
Old 2008-02-03, 13:51   Link #23
cloudninja

Further thoughts on episode 6 preview clip.

"To love the person you love to the point of breaking" by Jun. Seems like Jun might be referring to himself and Noe as he looks at and plays with Hiromi's hair. Hiromi's eyes widen in surprise but I think that statement probably makes her think of Shinichiro and her situation with him. Hiromi and Jun don't know each other that well and it's too early for them to develop serious feelings so that statement is very suspicious on Jun's part. It looks like they might have just finished a date in that clip but it's probably a case where both parties are still thinking of someone else.

"I did'nt forget anything. Not even once." From Hiromi to Shinichiro's mother. Hard to tell exactly what she's referring to but I'll hazard a good guess. It's her thoughts and feelings of Shinichiro that she kept sealed since moving in until recently. She wants to acknowledge those thoughts and feelings. She can't hold them back anymore. There are other possibilities but I'm leaning towards this for Hiromi's sake and because she has opened up more with each passing episode.

"What kind of joke is that?" By Shinichiro and also the title name of episode 6. I still think he says this to Aiko as the ending of episode 5 sets up episode 6 to be Aiko-centric. The episode titles have so far alternated between Noe-Hiromi-Aiko centric statements so it should be Aiko's turn. Except in this case, instead of the girl saying the statement it is Shinichiro's response to her.

1) Because I Gave My Tears Away (Noe)
2) What Do I Want to Do... (Hiromi)
3) What Happened? Talking About the Other Day (Aiko)
4) Okay, Splashy Splashy (Noe)
5) A Meddlesome Guy is Like a Fool (Hiromi)
6) What Kind of Joke is That? (Aiko?)

Makes sense if she confesses or gives the sweater to Shinichiro.
Old 2008-02-03, 18:07   Link #24
golthin

About the cliffhanger of episode 5. I think that like some people mentioned in other places, Aiko will most likely tell Shin she doesn't want nobuse to see the sweater yet. That is the perfect excuse! It will be Aiko's second lie to Shin, it seems that everyone is webbing their lies around Shin.

I just watched the episode again. the part where Aiko meets Shin outside the shop and she left a "hah" exclamation is so cute I don't get tired of watching it. Ai-chan is at her best and cuter when she is with Shin. It hurt so much knowing she doesn't stand a chance in hell!
Old 2008-02-03, 20:34   Link #25
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Possibly friends who had the hots for the same guy. Obviously Shin's mother feels like she lost to Hiromi's mother in some way. Besides the dreaded bad ending of Hiromi being the half-sister of Shinichiro I think there are many possibilities of which I'll list a few.

1) Shin's mother was in love with Hiromi's father and is still bitter at Hiromi's mother for getting him. Her bitterness has now transferred to Hiromi. Maybe the reference about Hiromi having her mother's eyes means she thinks the daughter of her rival is now going to take her son away from her just as her mother took the guy she had wanted. Jealousy and spitefulness is ugly.

2) Another good scenario is that Shin's father was in love in Hiromi's mother but it was unrequited love. Shin's mother could feel that her husband had to settle for her. Imagine being the second choice and the husband still harbors feelings for the one he could'nt get.

3) Third possibility is that Shin's father did have an affair with Hiromi's mother but after Hiromi was born so Hiromi is still not his child.

4) Fourth possibility is Shin's father desired Hiromi's mother and had an affair around the time of conception but no one is sure if Hiromi is his child or not although there are suspicions but no one took the steps required to find out for sure. It would have to mean the person currently considered to be Hiromi's father did'nt know about the affair but Shin's mother knows in addition to the involved parties. Even after the death of Hiromi's "father" Shin's father is too afraid to have tests done and avoids facing it. Definitely allows for a lot of tension. Is she or is she not an illegitimate child?

5) My last theory is another variation in that Hiromi's mother had the hots for Shinichiro's father instead and they cheated on their spouses briefly. Hiromi might or might not be his child since it maybe only happened once a long time ago.

I'm willing to accept anything as long as Hiromi is not revealed as being related to Shinichiro. That would ruin what would otherwise be a great show for me.
Theory #5 is very scary but definitely interesting and the most explosive. People will go on a rage if theory #5 fell through.

Quote:
About the cliffhanger of episode 5. I think that like some people mentioned in other places, Aiko will most likely tell Shin she doesn't want nobuse to see the sweater yet. That is the perfect excuse! It will be Aiko's second lie to Shin, it seems that everyone is webbing their lies around Shin.

I just watched the episode again. the part where Aiko meets Shin outside the shop and she left a "hah" exclamation is so cute I don't get tired of watching it. Ai-chan is at her best and cuter when she is with Shin. It hurt so much knowing she doesn't stand a chance in hell!
I dont think anyone expected a boat ending froms school days.
So crazy stuff can happen in love-gons, friendship killer and possible incest might sell this story more.
School Days taught me the unimaginable did happen.

But i agree ai dont stand a chance.

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-02-03 at 20:44. Reason: more
Old 2008-02-03, 21:03   Link #26
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post

Ai looks outright depressed when she's with Nobuse while he's spouting how much he knows her.

Its going to be a shame if she just passes it off, come on how long can she run from herself?
Old 2008-02-03, 23:40   Link #27
DanielSong39

Looks like #4 and #6 may hook up in episode 6... if Jun shows half the attention to Hiromi that he does to his beloved imouto-chan, Hiromi may not be able to resist...

Oh, the possibilities.
Old 2008-02-04, 00:01   Link #28
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
I dont think anyone expected a boat ending froms school days.
So crazy stuff can happen in love-gons, friendship killer and possible incest might sell this story more.
School Days taught me the unimaginable did happen.

But i agree ai dont stand a chance.
Keep in mind that School Days is just one example, (though you could count Myself; Yourself or Shuffle!.)

I think that it will probably conclude the way most people would think it will, he just ends up with either Hiromi or Noe, and they other will have moved on or something of the sort, done.
Of course, this has turned out to be very original and not cliched like many other series of the sort, so we might get something different.
Old 2008-02-04, 11:12   Link #29
changeup

Any chance that Hiromi and Shinichirou are siblings? Either Shinichirou's mom or dad cheated... I strongly believe it is the Mom. That will explain a lot of her behaviors: why she hates Hiromi's mother so much, and why she does not want Shinichirou to be with Hiromi, and all of these without apparent reasons (for she cannot speak them out).

I think this is very cliche in a lot of literature, but it seems relative rare in animes.
Old 2008-02-04, 14:15   Link #30
UPR

I have a theory maybe stupid but maybe not.

Let's say Jun notices that Hiromi likes Shin. What if something dramatic happens with Jun telling Hiromi that he won't let her interfere with Shin going out with Noe.

Kinda stupid I know, but I can't really put into words what I want to say.
Old 2008-02-04, 14:18   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Looks like #4 and #6 may hook up in episode 6... if Jun shows half the attention to Hiromi that he does to his beloved imouto-chan, Hiromi may not be able to resist...
But the fact is, she has not shown any kind of interest towards him. The close up shot to her eye in the preview makes me wonder, maybe he goes in for a kiss?

Okay, regarding Aiko --- her stopping Shin at the end of episode 05 was god damn adorable, though i don't want to get completely over my head, hoping that we'll see something happen because of this. We do see her out in the preview. I'm going to take a wild stab and say she has asked Shin out --- hopefully this'll be confession time, because we have to remember it'll be at episode 06. It needs to happen soon, or it'll just be to late in the series for anything serious to happen regarding that part of the series.
Old 2008-02-04, 23:11   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for episode 6 preview:

Spoiler for pictures:

Speculate to your hearts' content~

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-04, 23:16   Link #33
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

....I can see it coming , plot twist , she's the reason her parent died !
..while being shin's sister !
Old 2008-02-04, 23:50   Link #34
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Spoiler for speculations on episode 6:
Old 2008-02-04, 23:58   Link #35
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Also if she already knew that they are siblings I don't think she would have allowed her feelings to further develop for Shinichiro and she would have continued to keep her distance instead of trying to get closer to him. Unless this show is starting to get really twisted. Possible but I doubt it. It's obvious that she has romantic feelings for Shinichiro so it would be too twisted for her to think of him in that way while knowing they're siblings.
maybe she learned only after her parent's death ?
beside it's only recently that she opened herself a bit more to shin , she kept avoiding him before .
maybe so that she wouldn't allow her feeling to develop too far , but I think it was pretty much too late anyway .
Old 2008-02-04, 23:58   Link #36
golthin

Quote:

Oh my god!
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-05, 00:08   Link #37
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Oh my god!
Spoiler:

Spoiler for above spoiler:
Old 2008-02-05, 00:19   Link #38
golthin

Quote:
Spoiler for above spoiler:
Yes, you are right i listened and it is Shin's voice. I still think the joke thing is about something else! oh man! I can't wait for next episode! Still, it seems that the thing in the mall is not between Aiko and Shin but Aiko and Nobuse. the times that Aiko get to go with Shin are Rare and very unique.
Spoiler:

If Shin starts to avoid Aiko in order to save his friends relationship, it will have the opposite effect.
Now that I am certain of why she is going with Nobuse(I heard this as theories before before it was confirmed) If Shin stops going to the store and socializing with her, nobuse usefulness is over.
Old 2008-02-05, 01:22   Link #39
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
maybe she learned only after her parent's death ?
beside it's only recently that she opened herself a bit more to shin , she kept avoiding him before .
maybe so that she wouldn't allow her feeling to develop too far , but I think it was pretty much too late anyway .
To me it's partly the issue of timing. If some big secret is about to be revealed it would make sense for it to happen later, like at least episode 9 or 10 if not later instead of episode 6. Unless they only plan on dropping hints for several episodes, teasing us before letting us know. Oh well, I just hope the quality stays high even if things get crazy. I really want the Hiromi-Shin pairing to happen since I'm a sucker for beautiful childhood friend types who need saving.
Old 2008-02-05, 09:10   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler for pictures:
That last screenshot shouts out that Number 4 kissed Hiromi, or at least went to do so.