AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-10, 05:30   Link #81
ReddyRedWolf

Heh Kaede is a fan of Barnaby. Daddy is disappointed. If it goes beyond that Otousan does not approve.

Stern Bild city has a history of heroes. Mr. Legend inspired Kotetsu to become a hero. If that thing in the op means anything heroes have been around since 1978. This makes it more like Kotetsu is a KR Double Hidari Shotaro expy living up to a legacy.

Barnaby is differnt from the others as what he is after isn't being a hero or fame its revenge on whoever or whatever Ouroboros is, which I suspect is the Big Bad in the op. This makes him a Terui Ryu expy of Double.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 05:38   Link #82
Ushio the Omega

Episode 2 = MOST EPIC WATCH EVER!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 06:47   Link #83
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Ep 2:
Old 2011-04-10, 06:59   Link #84
TrueKnight

Another solid episode in my book. Perhaps gonna be the underrated gem of the season. Lol at tiger's insulting Barnaby's 'bunny'. Daddy's going to have a hard time seeing his daughter fawning over Barney. It'll be the ultimate jest and irony if the daughter and Barney truly ended up together, Daddy does not approve! Eventhough the whole X-Men reference NEXTs/Muties are disgusting are somehow visible. Finally Mr. Legend is awesome .

And yeah I also want a Pepsi. Bandai being a jerk made me think twice prior purchasing their merchandise branded goods later on.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 07:26   Link #85
ReddyRedWolf

Kotetsu's ability is multiply his strength and speed an hundred times also making him invulnerable but it lasts only 5 minutes. That is why a power suit makes sense, most of the time he is an ordinary man.

Barnaby have the same power as Kotetsu.

The other Next do not have that time limit problem.

As for corporate sponsoring its up in the air. More like the old days maybe endorsement deals.

Spoiler for Legend of Hero:
Old 2011-04-10, 07:30   Link #86
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2011-04-10, 07:45   Link #87
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Myself I hope that Ouroboros won't be the main villain of the show, but who knows what it will be.

I thought the second episode was quite solid, and had some solid character development between Barnaby and Kotetsu. What barnaby (and his corporate masters) motives are still a bit of a mystery.

I did like how they talked about Property damage. I bet the sponsorship thing started when a hero got himself sued for destroying a listed building or something...

You might be a hero, but you still have to pay the bills! We can't all be Tony Starks!
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 07:51   Link #88
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Spoiler for Legend of Hero:
Two interesting things:

1. It's actually spelled Regend of Hero there
2. Salt AND pepper, in the same shaker.

I guess the future is really different...
Old 2011-04-10, 08:09   Link #89
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Two interesting things:

1. It's actually spelled Regend of Hero there
2. Salt AND pepper, in the same shaker.

I guess the future is really different...
More like the present day in some AU setting. The era of Legend looks dated. Also the ed has some emblem NC 1978 which could be the year Heroes were recognized and approved by their bureau of justice.

Spoiler for NC 1978:
Old 2011-04-10, 08:28   Link #90
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

episode 2 is predictable, but then again its a kids show, and im liking it so far, the animation is very consistent almost like an OVA quality
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 09:11   Link #91
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
episode 2 is predictable, but then again its a kids show, and im liking it so far, the animation is very consistent almost like an OVA quality
Wow, kids are pretty advanced if they can appreciate the superhero/corporate-shill/reality-tv-whore satire part of the show...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 11:33   Link #92
klare

eps 1 was a nice surprise

eps 2 continues to entertain, really enjoying this

are companies like Pepsi, Bandai, Softbank really the sponsors for this show?
Old 2011-04-10, 11:48   Link #93
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
are companies like Pepsi, Bandai, Softbank really the sponsors for this show?
They'd have to be sponsors... Sunrise would be getting quite a few lawsuits otherwise.
Old 2011-04-10, 12:02   Link #94
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
They'd have to be sponsors... Sunrise would be getting quite a few lawsuits otherwise.
The CM shows they are. Doubly on the characters themselves.

Still all those ads yet no Pizza Hut. *gasp*

Anybody thinking Kaede may inherit her father's power and manifest at her age?
Old 2011-04-10, 12:17   Link #95
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Quote:

There's nothing to suggest that NEXT is genetic, but that's not impossible and would probably be interesting...and Dragon Kid looks about her age (maybe slightly older) so it's not impossible to have a hero that age. I very much doubt Tiger would let her fight criminals though.
Old 2011-04-10, 12:23   Link #96
klare

Quote:

yeah Tiger and the statue boy awakened very young too

Tiger & Bunny & Kitty
Old 2011-04-10, 12:26   Link #97
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
I did like how they talked about Property damage. I bet the sponsorship thing started when a hero got himself sued for destroying a listed building or something...

You might be a hero, but you still have to pay the bills! We can't all be Tony Starks!
I mean if you really think about... how could anyone really be a Superhero? Keep a secret identity to shield yourself from liability?... please, in today's real world they'd figure out who you were the next day. You'd need a huge entity to take up the responsibility... if not the governments... then it have would have to be massive corporations (well, they pretty much control how governments act anyway with their massive resources...). Even Tony Starks and Bruce Waynes could be brought under controll... you can't do business all by yourself you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
yeah Tiger and the statue boy awakened very young too

Tiger & Bunny & Kitty
Haha, wouldn't fit the title naming scheme. It would go Tiger>Rabbit>Dragon. So if she really did awaken as a NEXT, I'm guessing she'd be one hell of a Hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Daddy's going to have a hard time seeing his daughter fawning over Barney. It'll be the ultimate jest and irony if the daughter and Barney truly ended up together, Daddy does not approve! Eventhough the whole X-Men reference NEXTs/Muties are disgusting are somehow visible. Finally Mr. Legend is awesome .
Tiger might be protesting outwardly about his daughter fawning over Bunny... but I don't really think he'd mind, I mean Barnaby saving her life is gonna be something that Kotetsu will never forget... hell, I could totally see him sacrificing his life for Barnaby to repay that debt.

Oh and Mr. Legend is definitely awesome. I love the fact that he was an old fat guy, the total opposite of what you think of when you here the word Superhero, but even so he was a true Superhero.

Last edited by ac195; 2011-04-10 at 13:07.
Old 2011-04-10, 13:26   Link #98
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I actually enjoyed episode 2 more than episode 1. Looks like this will be a definite keeper for the season. That's a nice pleasant surprise .

The CGI animation just seemed more natural in this episode. And it's funny to see the contrast between our Tiger and Bunny .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 13:58   Link #99
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post

Haha, wouldn't fit the title naming scheme. It would go Tiger>Rabbit>Dragon. So if she really did awaken as a NEXT, I'm guessing she'd be one hell of a Hero.
Actually it does by the Chinese zodiac which Tiger, Bunny, Dragon Kid and Rock Bison was based.

The Cat in one story never became one of the zodiac because the Mouse tricked him.

So if there would be an unofficial 13th zodiac it is a cat, hence Kitty.
Old 2011-04-10, 14:16   Link #100
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Actually it does by the Chinese zodiac which Tiger, Bunny, Dragon Kid and Rock Bison was based.

The Cat in one story never became one of the zodiac because the Mouse tricked him.

So if there would be an unofficial 13th zodiac it is a cat, hence Kitty.
If we go by that logic then the daughter won't become a hero either. Since the cat didn't become a zodiac.

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere