AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-06-16, 18:33   Link #261
Tiberium Wolf

You can only see that button when you are playing a video. The only addon I have related to download is flashgot and I use a Free download manager that had an addon in 3.5 but not now. Well I can't disable the addon right because of downloads.
Old 2011-06-16, 20:35   Link #262
spikexp

I'm pretty sure firefox never offered a option to download video from youtube at stock...
It surely is one of your extension...
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 21:31   Link #263
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Nope, nothing. It has to be an addon or something...
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 22:36   Link #264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yes, you have to have an add-on/extension/plug-in to archive flash video (like youtube) with Firefox ... Flashgot is one of the popular ones.
Old 2011-06-17, 00:35   Link #265
Tiberium Wolf

Yeah It's the flashgot. Funny thing is that I don't see any options there mentioning this. Only turning it off made me realize it was 1 of it's functions.

Hey at least it's positive thing if anyone was looking for addon with this function.
Old 2011-06-21, 20:53   Link #266
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The latest version of flashgot has got me annoyed.... I ask for one video and it inevitably simultaneously tries to download every object on the page... hundreds of them. The instructions say I should get a button to let me choose the object to download but I don't see it. grrrrrrrrrrr. (keeps dinkering)
Old 2011-06-21, 23:42   Link #267
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The latest version of flashgot has got me annoyed.... I ask for one video and it inevitably simultaneously tries to download every object on the page... hundreds of them. The instructions say I should get a button to let me choose the object to download but I don't see it. grrrrrrrrrrr. (keeps dinkering)
If you are talking the same button... you right click and choose the video file. Noticed yesterday in youtube page that he had some others files besides vid.
Old 2011-06-22, 16:37   Link #268
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I use DownloadHelper and I've had no problems using it.

Anyway, Firefox has updated to version 5 already...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 21:57   Link #269
Random32
Also a Lolicon

FireFox 5.0 should have been FireFox 4.1 more like... Why are they adopting Chrome like version numbers? I think major versions should be reserved for major changes, there isn't anything major enough about 4.0 -> 5.0 imho. 6.0 will be released in like a few weeks from now. Too fast! What happened to 5.x?
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 23:53   Link #270
cyberbeing

This Firefox x.0 release every 6 weeks is just something we're stuck with for the time being. It's Mozilla's way of forcing new features/fixes on users quickly and discontinuing long term security updates for old versions starting with Fx4. In other words, get used to updating Firefox every six weeks or you'll miss out on critical security updates. For this reason they are also considering implementing forced background auto-updates similar to Chrome. This type of versioning/update strategy works dandy for all types of Google apps, so it can't be that bad, but who knows if the experiment will work as well for Mozilla. It will turn into a nightmare if the majority of users actively refuse to update, and are still on Fx4 when Fx8 is released at years end.
Old 2011-06-23, 02:27   Link #271
monster

I suppose the main problem would be if the changes between release is big enough that addons would break and if addon developers aren't quick enough to update their respective addons.

As long as those two things do not occur, then it should be fine, for the most part. Most Firefox users do update their browsers.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 05:33   Link #272
sa547
*Author

Okay, after using Chrome for a month, I decided to revisit FF and get it updated to 5.0, and this included the Flash player and the Java Runtime Engine. Unfortunately after updating the PC bloody hung up again while browsing through Japanator; must be the Flash plugin fighting with the system hardware, which is possibly incompatible (less than optimal specs) or whatever is going on.

Ah, I'll stick to Chrome from this point onward (until I assemble a PC that can handle heavy websites); it's still surprisingly stable even as I wade through some Flash-heavy sites.
Old 2011-06-23, 17:19   Link #273
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
strange chrome work well with facebook game on this laptop firefox does not.... But on my computer firefox work super fast on facebook games
Old 2011-06-28, 03:38   Link #274
mechabao

Opera 11.50 is out.

I hate the new monochrome, iTunes 10 inspired skin. Minimalistic design taken way too far.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 09:35   Link #275
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
Opera 11.50 is out.

I hate the new monochrome, iTunes 10 inspired skin. Minimalistic design taken way too far.
AND they took away the MRU dropdown button (left-click on AB, plus arrow key down still works, btw) for the address bar. Really, was that necessary? Change for the sake of change...honestly. *shakes head*

No wonder Opera's CEO just decided to part ways with the company...
Old 2011-06-28, 09:55   Link #276
spikexp

Well, the new monochrome theme is really ugly. It's a chance I'm still using a old theme (10.5 Clean Version 3.5 ).
http://imgur.com/xyX6o

Oh and, renegade.
opera:config#Show%20Dropdown%20Button%20In%20Addre ssfield

Opera have many thing that I hate like this,
simple thing with no easy way to find it to unable.
It's like the sessions if you want to start at the speeddial... Like if you close opera by error... You need to first create a custom no-use sessions to finally see the auto-save one...
Old 2011-06-28, 10:01   Link #277
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
AND they took away the MRU dropdown button (left-click on AB, plus arrow key down still works, btw) for the address bar. Really, was that necessary?
If I get you correctly, I agree.

But you can activate it again:
opera:config
then search for: "Show Dropdown Button In Addressfield"
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 12:05   Link #278
mechabao

Since the final version is the same build as their last RC, there are still a few bugs around like the browser crashing if you drop a button onto a Speed Dial tab while customizing your layout and the Extensions Manager eating up way too much CPU time. I even had Opera 11.50 randomly using approximately 50% CPU on a dual-core earlier even though I had no flash videos or content/script heavy pages open. At the least it seems they've finally fixed the display corruption that occurs when you scroll a web page up or down while a tool tip is displayed.

@spikexp
Have you seen any skins that keep the default theme but have the colored versions of the menu and panel icons?

Edit:
Never mind I found this: Opera 11 Modified coloured icons by Igor. Finally some color's back in the browser!

Last edited by mechabao; 2011-06-29 at 02:31.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 01:35   Link #279
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeath View Post
strange chrome work well with facebook game on this laptop firefox does not.... But on my computer firefox work super fast on facebook games
It depends on how Flash is installed in either computer, and the hardware they use; Flash seems to be dependent on the hardware they run on.
Old 2011-06-29, 11:01   Link #280
spikexp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
Edit:
Never mind I found this: Opera 11 Modified coloured icons by Igor. Finally some color's back in the browser!
I love the clean theme
http://my-beta.opera.com/community/c.../info/?id=9101

Tags
chrome, excited, firefox, internet explorer, opera, reviews