AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 00:35   Link #4021
[HearT]

Spoiler for 114:
Old 2011-09-18, 05:33   Link #4022
Soji

^
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 05:39   Link #4023
Westlo
Lets be reality

I like how some people would rather they have not worked together and someone had came in to save the day like he was Naruto or something. Not like he would've beat Medaka anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Spoiler for 114:
Yeah I really don't get the mindset of Zen fans, it's like they're so desperate for him to actually get screentime that they want him doing things that would make no sense and be completely out of character for him. Why would he side with Ajimu when Medaka stands for everything he believes in himself? Because he's butthurt that Medaka isn't paying him more attention than anyone else? Yeah that would be a great reason, I'm sure he would be portrayed in a really good light if he did that....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 06:31   Link #4024
Soji

^I do not know what the other Zen fans thinks ... but as I alredy said
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-09-18, 07:33   Link #4025
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^I do not know what the other Zen fans thinks ... but as I alredy said
Spoiler for spoiler:
Not for nothing, but didn't they already touch upon this in like chapter 4? And also when, you know, Zenkichi FOUGHT Medaka.
Brainwashed or not, you saw what happened when Zenkichi said he couldn't stand the sight of Medaka, she cried some more.
The whole point of that fight was that no matter what happened to Zenkichi, he would never betray Medaka, he would never stray from his beliefs.
So unless he himself is brainwashed, I don't see such a thing happening any time soon.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 08:15   Link #4026
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Not for nothing, but didn't they already touch upon this in like chapter 4? And also when, you know, Zenkichi FOUGHT Medaka.
Brainwashed or not, you saw what happened when Zenkichi said he couldn't stand the sight of Medaka, and she cried even more.
If this would make a change in their relationship, why not?
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
The whole point of that fight was that no matter what happened to Zenkichi, he would never betray Medaka, he would never stray from his beliefs.
So unless he himself is brainwashed, I don't see such a thing happening any time soon.
True enough ... I would by fine with this as well.
Maybe something like that would finally make Medaka being honest with herself.
After all, if such a thing would happen, medaka would be forced to do everything possible to bring him back.
Old 2011-09-18, 09:24   Link #4027
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I just feel you have unrealistic expectations...
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 09:51   Link #4028
Soji

^I can not deny this.
But I really have the feeling that they need something like that though.
Old 2011-09-18, 11:34   Link #4029
Iron21

The arc was about giving the other characters some needed development. (Akune, Kikaijima, and Candidate Student Council)

Since Kumagawa just join the main cast recently, of course he's going to be included.

Medaka and Zen are the characters with the most panel time in the manga so far, consequently, they were both absent for most of this arc to give others the spot light. Zen will have his time in future chapters, but for now, he is on the sidelines. Deal with it!
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 17:42   Link #4030
Ushio the Omega

All i want is a larger more detailed picture of Naze-chan in nothing but that apron : )
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 18:49   Link #4031
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually I expect a clearer and cleaned up scan/stitch of the popularity poll color spread to be VERY popular.
Old 2011-09-18, 19:25   Link #4032
Wrath88
Kissing...

Lol, I came back to see the reactions when I saw Kumagawa had scored more than 4x the votes of Medaka in the popularity contest. I'm honestly impressed...
Old 2011-09-18, 20:17   Link #4033
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I like how some people would rather they have not worked together and someone had came in to save the day like he was Naruto or something. Not like he would've beat Medaka anyway...
Par for the course when it comes to some of them. As long as Zenkichi looks good and hogs most of the panel time most of them could care less about anything else.

Keep in mind that a lot of these people still think he is the main character despite it being stated twice who really is(never mind the ones who are delusional enough to try and spin what has been stated twice as just a metaphor and not a blatant statement from the author), still think Zenkichi is the only one narrating the story/giving commentary about Medaka even though like half a dozen characters have done that now, and think about how horrible it is that other characters finally got their much needed development in this treasure hunt because Lord Hitoyoshi isn't in it. Even though the treasure hunt has only been like 15 chapters total so far and not like he is a non-factor in a full length arc like the Flask Plan or Minus 13 ones.
Old 2011-09-18, 21:18   Link #4034
Johnny
Working the bags...

Oh here comes people being all butthurt again because some want more Zenkichi in the manga. Isn't that like a every other week ritual around here? That's about as old as the Kumagawa fanboying. People like who they like. You don't see them trying to curbstomp you for liking who you like and wanting to see more of them...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 00:15   Link #4035
Sol Falling

How could anyone curbstomp you for enjoying the manga? It's not the Zen-specific fanboyism that is disliked, it's the whining and completely unrealistic expectations. Wanting everybody else to fail and then for Zenkichi to suddenly show up, declare himself to be against Medaka, and then somehow defeat her like nobody else can is not cheering for a character, it's a complete distortion and inability to grasp the nature of any of this manga's characters.

Also seriously, a lot of this "force Medaka to be more honest" and "see how she reacts when Zen leaves her" reads to me like underlying misogyny for a strong female character. Medaka is capable, self-assured, and self-reliant, and it seems like a lot of people want to see that break that down just so Medaka becomes emotionally subordinate to Zen a male character. The vision some of these Zen fanboys have for Medaka Box as a complete manga can be somewhat disgusting to be quite honest.

You can't call us butthurt for enjoying the manga as it currently is and actually respecting the characters. That label in fact goes for anybody who can't accept the current story being told. The only people engaging in any whining about their character not getting the spotlight enough are the Zenkichi fans. That's why they get called out on it. Everybody else is happy to just let this great manga keep coming and take it as it is.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 00:45   Link #4036
Terizent
Nonsense!

Eh, as a Zenkichi fan (and a Kumagawa one too!), I'd say it's perfectly normal to want to see your favorite character get screentime. Although this ZENKICHI WHEN NISIO vs STOP WHINING FANBOYS is getting kind of old...
Old 2011-09-19, 01:46   Link #4037
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I still don't understand the hate on the only normal character in a show full of Cirque du Soleil leftovers, but whatever.

Someone make with retardedly delicious naked apron Naze.

<3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 02:11   Link #4038
ZODDGUTS

Medaka Box has being doing better in the rankings since Zen has been a no show and Kumagawa became the main . No wonder why the author has kept Zen out of the story this long.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 02:48   Link #4039
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Medaka Box has being doing better in the rankings since Zen has been a no show and Kumagawa became the main . No wonder why the author has kept Zen out of the story this long.
If the author would paid attention to things like that Medaka herself would be taken out of the story from chapter 50 onwards :

Anyway, I reread the arc since he began to ch 113 in one shot and I must say is much more enjoyable if you read it in one go.
Where to say I was surprised by the Omake of ch 113 in the raw I saw that part was missing ,about of Kumagawa CS.
I really enjoy that part

And as we thought, Najimi has confirmed that she is waiting for the seal to fall before fight the CS ... I mean she totally admitted to Akuane

And I agree with Akune Medaka is a tyrant...I cant believe that she knocked Kumagawa just because he laughed at the name she has created for the trial

One other thing I wonder why Najimi continued to defined herself as an impartial being(or similar) ... is only for what she said at the beginning of this arc or is there more?
I really hope that we will have an answer in this regard in the next arc or when the seal will completely fall .

And one last thing ... the next chapter we finally find out what is the treasure that Medaka said at the begins arc and during this ch. I must say that is an'other things that intrigues me.
Old 2011-09-19, 03:04   Link #4040
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Really? I could've sworn that it started to climb out of the toilet, when Ajimu was actually brought into the story and not just some dream babe...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council