AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-01-19, 06:08   Link #241
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Ep 15 was quite awesome, but the new ED was definetly 'meh'. And Wilhemina's mask totally freaks me out.
I thought it was pretty OK. It's definitely something better for those that aren't just looking for vocal qualities in a song which the first ED has, but with that it lacks instrumental value.
I think the vocal+instrumentals cover each other quite well in the new ED. BTW, the single of the new ED, Aka no Seijaku by Ishida Yoko will be out on 2006/02/08. Amazon.co.jp link, CDJapan.co.jp link

BTW, has anyone got the newest Fujitsubo Machine Comiket 69, Shakugan no Shana Lineart by Itou Noizhi? I won mine through Yahoo! Auctions. Still waiting for it to get shipped.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 13:01   Link #242
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
I thought it was pretty OK. It's definitely something better for those that aren't just looking for vocal qualities in a song which the first ED has, but with that it lacks instrumental value.
I think the vocal+instrumentals cover each other quite well in the new ED. BTW, the single of the new ED, Aka no Seijaku by Ishida Yoko will be out on 2006/02/08. Amazon.co.jp link, CDJapan.co.jp link

BTW, has anyone got the newest Fujitsubo Machine Comiket 69, Shakugan no Shana Lineart by Itou Noizhi? I won mine through Yahoo! Auctions. Still waiting for it to get shipped.
Gah...I envy you people. I can't order anything online since I can't apply for it.

What makes the ED so nice is not just the screens we see of the characters, I guess. I'd agree that good music sometimes also needs good complements of both instruments and vocals.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 13:25   Link #243
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The new ED theme rocks. It just works. I loved the way it sounded as they did the musical lead-into as Shana became the Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite. Reminded me of how they had the musical lead-intos in GS and GSD. (the only thing they did right in GSD, besides the music and BGMs themselves >.> )
Old 2006-01-19, 18:03   Link #244
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Wilhemina's mask is very scary. Too bad that the fight is too short.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 16:06   Link #245
LytHka
Banned

The First Limited Edition Shakugan no Shana DVD vol.2 is out for preorder! Get it while you still can! As far as I can understand it will come with a DVD box with a special illustration along with a special calendar card and a case for it.

http://www.shakugan.com/item/index.html
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...973904-1606349
Old 2006-01-20, 18:53   Link #246
blitz1/2

I don't think I can get it. Too bad for me.
Old 2006-01-21, 08:06   Link #247
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The new ED suits Shakugan no Shana in my eyes - and episode 15 rocked.. glad this past story hasen't finished yet.

Spoiler:

Anyway, the OST's out this week, i hope you people have ordered a copy like i have. ^^
Old 2006-01-21, 08:47   Link #248
LytHka
Banned

@Angelsama: Oh, indeed I am anticipating it. Ordered it too.

But as far as ep. 15 is concerned, the story is truly amazing but animation could've been better at some parts. For example, Shiro was poorly animated.
Old 2006-01-21, 08:52   Link #249
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I noticed that juring his fight, it wasen't bothering me as much as i know it would some people - but it could have been a lil' better.

And about the OST.. i can't wait! >.<
Old 2006-01-21, 09:35   Link #250
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Wooo! New episode!
Flashback Shana seems to be much more emotional than her current self. Maybe it is due to some kind of sideeffect when she became a Flame Haze.
Good episode as usual, this show is really growing on me. The new ED was not as good as the last one though.
Apekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 10:35   Link #251
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
cool ep........though I am getting a bit anxious to return to the present!

anyway, the new ED isn't bad.......but its not as good as the last one.....
Old 2006-01-21, 13:32   Link #252
kokanaden
otaku-hikikomori

Send a message via ICQ to kokanaden Send a message via MSN to kokanaden
I found the new ED quite nice actually, just that the chorus seemed a bit too quick to end.. (maybe its because of all the editing to the song), otherwise, a good song to end with. Lyrics were quite good too, in sync with the anime.

My friend shared this observation with me: Why was the change in the ED not reflected in the opening credits? Apparently, the old ED's song track was still displayed.... Any reason why? He sort of suspected that the producers forgot to include the new OP in episode 15, to which I felt quite impossible....

I love <insert name of girl with blue hair, is sporty, is about 1.78m tall, has character, has shapely legs.>*

*sounds suspiciously like Mitsuki Hayase again
kokanaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 13:51   Link #253
ayyo

Spoiler:
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 15:05   Link #254
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokanaden
I found the new ED quite nice actually, just that the chorus seemed a bit too quick to end.. (maybe its because of all the editing to the song), otherwise, a good song to end with. Lyrics were quite good too, in sync with the anime.

My friend shared this observation with me: Why was the change in the ED not reflected in the opening credits? Apparently, the old ED's song track was still displayed.... Any reason why? He sort of suspected that the producers forgot to include the new OP in episode 15, to which I felt quite impossible....

honestly, i don't think Shana is one of those "big-budget" animes, so silly mistakes like forgetting to post the new ED in the opening credits isn't too suprising...
Old 2006-01-21, 16:16   Link #255
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
honestly, i don't think Shana is one of those "big-budget" animes, so silly mistakes like forgetting to post the new ED in the opening credits isn't too suprising...
... but it has probably made some people very much pissed off.
Old 2006-01-21, 16:57   Link #256
blitz1/2

Does anybody have the second ending, if so, can they upload it because I really loved the song.
Old 2006-01-21, 17:49   Link #257
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Does anybody have the second ending, if so, can they upload it because I really loved the song.
FYI, chances are nobody will have the full-length. You might find the TV-size vers ripped from the episode though.
Old 2006-01-21, 17:56   Link #258
blitz1/2

Do you know the name of the song?
Old 2006-01-21, 20:03   Link #259
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokanaden

You're misunderstanding . The real EP 15 had already change the song's name in OP credits . The mistake you see is come from Eclipse not the real Ep 15 , they use the OP from EP 14 to do this . And this is the reason why the old ED's song track was still displayed .
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 20:50   Link #260
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Do you know the name of the song?
Aka no Seijaku
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere