AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-22, 14:47   Link #41
Tetsu Aero

No, they don't think it will fare well in Japan. ^^
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 21:58   Link #42
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
Why 13 episode OVA?How about a TV with many episodes?Do they think that it wouldnt fare well in this day and age?
Spin off of a decaying series.

Given the latest threads in Japanese entertainment culture, it is not something to have high hopes for.

Although the production values do seem very high, so at least let's hope that the first season is paid off at the end of the 13 episodes to have a second one later on.

If not, we might moving on onto some more direct Kurumada project, if any at all.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 13:25   Link #43
maximilianjenus
[E]

the problem with saint seiya is that the production values can be very irrelevant because the plot and direction can very easily mess up and make it as boring sa possible. Just imagine another "athena is in the hands of the enemy and we have to save her before 12 hours pass" scenario, complete with the saint fighting the same enemies in the same order as always.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 04:04   Link #44
-Kh-
ポルカ

Well Athena does always get into the same kind of problems, but it isn't like they fight the same enemies everytime. Still I do get what you mean.

The storytelling is the same for every arc, that's why I can see it be tiresome for many people.
Old 2009-03-25, 10:09   Link #45
maximilianjenus
[E]

That's why the start of the hades saga was so interesting. Hopefully the fact that the saints are different changes the anime a bit.
Old 2009-03-26, 12:30   Link #46
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I like the trailer, very good animation. Music are not bad, but not good too. I wanted Seiji Yokoyama so far... I hope there will be some emotions moments.

Anime's chara design isn't very similar to Teshirogi's design, it's too bad because she draw so well. Dohko is just horrible in this trailer. Yuzuriha seems hot like she is in the manga .
I hope they will not kill my best fight of Lost Canvas: Minos versus Albafica!
Old 2009-04-15, 19:35   Link #47
-Kh-
ポルカ

The official site has gone down after streaming the new trailer that includes the opening Realm of Athena by EUROX.

Here is a YouTube link for everyone to see.

The DVD/BD release dates have been announced:

DVD/BD 1 - 24 June 2009
DVD/BD 2 - August 2009
DVD/BD 3 - October 2009
DVD/BD 4 - December 2009
DVD/BD 5 - February 2010
DVD/BD 6 - April 2010

New images from the latest Newtype:

Seiyuu Group Shot:

There was a special feature in Newtype with all the seiyuu where they are asked 2 questions: What are their impressions about their own character, and to give a message for the readers.

I'm sorry, I don't have enough time to translate the interview myself, so I'll leave 2 links for anyone that cares (and can read): Spanish and Japanese
Old 2009-04-22, 20:55   Link #48
paladinenvec

I really didn't liked Kurumada's Original saint Seiya, However Lost Canvas it's really good, ppl shouldn't judge Lost Canvas and read it, it's really have beatifuls drawings(armors), i hope that this animation be on par of the manga , if not , at least acceptable, i'm looking forward to this one.
PS: Yuzuriha it's hot as hell!
Quote:
the problem with saint seiya is that the production values can be very irrelevant because the plot and direction can very easily mess up and make it as boring sa possible. Just imagine another "athena is in the hands of the enemy and we have to save her before 12 hours pass" scenario, complete with the saint fighting the same enemies in the same order as always.
Well in Lost Canvas it's really different at first i thought that it will be the same as SS but it isn't , the story it's nothing out of the ordinary but the characters and turns are enough to keep you wanting for more, it's like SS should have be in the first place.

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2009-04-23 at 23:46. Reason: for better understanding
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 06:01   Link #49
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Deep? :/ I'm not sure Lost Canvas is deep but it's a very good shonen with beautiful design.
Old 2009-04-23, 11:49   Link #50
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

yeh...if Lost Canvas is deep , so is the original...
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 13:48   Link #51
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I wonder if we will see some returning music? Pegasus Fantasy maybe? =)
Old 2009-04-23, 14:03   Link #52
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

while it'd be great, I highly doubt so. copyrights and all'
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 15:01   Link #53
Albafica
Pisces no saint

http://g.imagehost.org/view/0566/ap_...3114302344_jpg

Albafica in anime ^^, not bad but i prefer Shiori's design:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...g?t=1240516779

I want to watch Albafica so much .
Old 2009-04-23, 23:44   Link #54
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Deep? :/ I'm not sure Lost Canvas is deep but it's a very good shonen with beautiful design.
Oh sorry an error of mine, what i really wanted to say was just to point the beatiful design in lost canvas, I have read two tomes of SS years ago and i didn't liked Kurumada style , i supose it's a matter of personal opinion. For me in general Lost Canvas>Original SS .
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 09:07   Link #55
maximilianjenus
[E]

I agree with you, kurumada's drawing gained a lot from getting to anime.
Old 2009-04-28, 06:04   Link #56
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah Kurumada's design is very bad, Saint seya original manga was very difficult to read, for me. Fights are really bad, no sad moment because of bad design, bad story ...

But anime was good (except Poseidon arc which is very boring), because character design is far better than the manga so fighs are better.
Saint seiya anime soundtrack was awesome so there is a lot of sad moment.

But yeah I prefer Teshirogi's design than Kurumada's design too!
Old 2009-04-30, 16:46   Link #57
Albafica
Pisces no saint

The new trailer in ENGLISH . I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnpHk0GN-9k

We can see some news images. Music sucks... Yokohama come back please!

And here the opening by Eurox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B7E4Lqcxx0

So bad .
Old 2009-05-02, 04:56   Link #58
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
I really didn't liked Kurumada's Original saint Seiya, However Lost Canvas it's really good, ppl shouldn't judge Lost Canvas and read it, it's really have beatifuls drawings(armors), i hope that this animation be on par of the manga , if not , at least acceptable, i'm looking forward to this one.
PS: Yuzuriha it's hot as hell!

Well in Lost Canvas it's really different at first i thought that it will be the same as SS but it isn't , the story it's nothing out of the ordinary but the characters and turns are enough to keep you wanting for more, it's like SS should have be in the first place.
My main issue with Lost Canvas is that... it's too much "Gold Saint are so awesome I'm cuming". Teshigori admitted she is a real gold saint fangirl and that she can't help herself making them look as great as she can. Too bad for her, she picked (them gave her) the wrong story (she should have drawn EpisodeG, in fact) line since 10 of them have to die. So let's give them "absolute heroic death that cos' they're too awesome and can not be owned like regular warriors".
It was supposed to be the deadliest battle that Athena has faced and she turned it to a "My gold saints are soo handsome" show : ridiculousness.

But yeah, it's very good looking.

I like Episode G better... because even if his story is very unbalanced (too much focused on the Lion Gold Saint), Okada managed to give his "villains" a real character development that was never seen since... the Asgard chapter. He did so well that the Titans completely outshine the Gold Saints themselves.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 16:38   Link #59
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
My main issue with Lost Canvas is that... it's too much "Gold Saint are so awesome I'm cuming". Teshigori admitted she is a real gold saint fangirl and that she can't help herself making them look as great as she can.
Is Hard not to be a hardcore gold saint fan when they represent the 12 constellation Zodiac which is something every reader relates to easily…^__^!!
Old 2009-05-06, 17:21   Link #60
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
too much focused on the Lion Gold Saint
No such thing. :P (Aiolia is my favorite character)
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen