AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-25, 10:09   Link #1861
kasimmorathi

I actually sort of like the fact that no character is 'safe'.

Granted, I will definitely miss the Chelsea it definitely will help Tatsumi grow as a character as well. There is a tragedy tag affixed to this as well, so I don't know why this is such a shock to the readers. It starts out with torture, murder, rape and slavery.

She wasn't the first to die and she will not be the last. Revolutions are not won easily or cleanly.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 10:12   Link #1862
NeutralZero

^^They're assasins so don't think they'll do some flashy stuff like that...
The good thing for Jaeger is that their death is far more pleasant than the death of any member of NR (but do hope pet girl and now Kurome have a very brutal death)... save from bulat/aniki's death... the most pleasant so far for NR considering his, Shere and the new one's death...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 10:19   Link #1863
Mentar
Banned

And the next pointless round of revenge and retribution can start *ding ding ding*

Well, not really. I hope that we'll get some more Tatsumi/Esdese developments soon, because the butchery is neither pleasant nor in any way helpful.

By the way, am I the only one whose spider senses tingle when I see the NR leader? I smell something rotten there...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 10:21   Link #1864
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

everyone will die at the end of the manga. you have to admit it

If this will get anime I want Tomino as director and Gen as Script writer XD

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 10:36   Link #1865
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Alright then, I've slept on it and traded some words with a few people about this chapter. Now allow me to explain why I think this chapter was ruined and why the author messed up.

Spoiler for Super Rant due to 33:

And this is why I'll be dropping the manga. I'm not saying I'll never come back to it, I might later on (most likely) but not soon...I don't read manga for these kinds of emotions to be brought out.

To think...all this from just spoilers xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 11:11   Link #1866
elebarna
DXD_Oppai universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Alright then, I've slept on it and traded some words with a few people about this chapter. Now allow me to explain why I think this chapter was ruined and why the author messed up.

Spoiler for Super Rant due to 33:

And this is why I'll be dropping the manga. I'm not saying I'll never come back to it, I might later on (most likely) but not soon...I don't read manga for these kinds of emotions to be brought out.

To think...all this from just spoilers xD
that's quite statement you make bro....i'm with you.

well i'm actually one of those fans that rage with this ridiculous event,actualy it's just better if someone like najenda [i'm with randark] to just die rather than chelsea.
why ? as that have been descibed and told by randark, chelsea has it's charm more than any heroine in this manga.and yeah,rather than akame i would be prefer if tatsumi paired with chelsea.

but for some reason i can't put this rage on the author itselfes.
to think it's great idea how to show some view to enemy that might frightened them,even in era of 70 there a lot of that kind of sadist thing and much worse, they send that head to enemy headquarters .

well i hoped there won't any bloodsheed again,but remember this manga is so dark,i can't imagine it
elebarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 13:15   Link #1867
telamont

One more thing of note about this chapter. There are 6 very distinct silhouettes of Akame's former comrades (the author probably has already finished their character designs). These people seem to be around Akame's level and will most likely show up in the future.

But at the rate "the good guys" are dropping, will there even be anyone left to face these new guys once Night Raid's done with Jaegar? More new recruits from the Revolutionary Army for readers to get attached to and then see killed off?

Everyone seems to expect more RAGE coming our way. I suggest you double your expectations. Or at least take the body count you are expecting, and add about 10 to it (4-6 people from each side).
telamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 13:20   Link #1868
Soji

Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 13:50   Link #1869
telamont

You know, all you guys who are reacting with... "I hope Night Raid kills Seryuu/the latest offender painfully", you realize you're just getting a taste of your own prescribed medicine, and it tastes very bitter, right?

I mean, what was the cause of Seryuu going bonkers on Schere? Oh, that's right. Night Raid killed her beloved captain. And she reacted exactly as you guys would have wanted. Try and kill the offenders. Painfully. Last chapter, Chelsea killed Bohrs. This chapter, well...

I'm not going to debate the morality of the two sides. The empire is clearly corrupt, but with decent people serving under it. Night Raid are decent people in general, but their higher ups in the rebellion have so far been conspicuously absent.

The point is, even "bad guys"/the opposition have people they love. And they're responding to the loss of their loved ones the exact way you guys want Night Raid to respond. See where this leads?

So yea, say Night Raid do kill who you want them to kill, the way this manga's been going so far, the painful deaths of more "good guys" will immediately follow. Why are you guys even cheering for such a development? Do you want cat girl and loli twin tails to meet a grisly end?

Seriously. I appreciate some deaths in my manga as much as the next guy. It adds tension to the story, and makes the consequences of failure feel more real. But at this point in Akame Kiru, I'm ready for it to just stop. At least for little while.

Last edited by telamont; 2012-12-25 at 14:01.
telamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 13:53   Link #1870
Mentar
Banned

Well, since I still seem to be pretty alone with my opinion (edit: and just now, telamont has to write a note at least generally looking in my direction), I'll proudly wave my flag once more and repeat what I wrote half a year ago.

1) The whole Jaeger/NR violence is completely pointless and counterproductive. It's a terrible circle of carnage, loss and revenge, leading to NOTHING but resentment and tears. This is exactly what the author is now inducing to the readers by killing likable characters from both sides, while NOTHING is gained.

2) No side will be victorious over the other one. Victory needs to be attained by breaking the cycle somehow.

3) The only realistic way how such a thing could be attained is via the Tatsumi/Esdese link, who I consider a clear designated match. Akame is _not_ Tatsumi's romantic match, her counterpart is Kurome with who she has to work things out. I consider my theory disproven when either of these four are killed for good without the story clearly winding down. They wear full platemail plot armor at the moment.

So, what do I expect to happen in the near future?

o Tatsumi and Esdese will meet again soonish. I could perfectly picture him trying meet her in order to kill her now, but the victorious side in a battle (with 90% certainty Esdese) will not kill the other one. It will, however, lead to Esdese being very conflicted between her feelings and her "duty".

o Esdese will be supplanted within the government (either by machinations of the Minister's son or by her failure to kill Tatsumi), go rogue and eventually switch sides. But that is far far away in the future.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 14:03   Link #1871
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, since I still seem to be pretty alone with my opinion (edit: and just now, telamont has to write a note at least generally looking in my direction), I'll proudly wave my flag once more and repeat what I wrote half a year ago.

1) The whole Jaeger/NR violence is completely pointless and counterproductive. It's a terrible circle of carnage, loss and revenge, leading to NOTHING but resentment and tears. This is exactly what the author is now inducing to the readers by killing likable characters from both sides, while NOTHING is gained.

2) No side will be victorious over the other one. Victory needs to be attained by breaking the cycle somehow.

3) The only realistic way how such a thing could be attained is via the Tatsumi/Esdese link, who I consider a clear designated match. Akame is _not_ Tatsumi's romantic match, her counterpart is Kurome with who she has to work things out. I consider my theory disproven when either of these four are killed for good without the story clearly winding down. They wear full platemail plot armor at the moment.

o Tatsumi and Esdese will meet again soonish. I could perfectly picture him trying meet her in order to kill her now, but the victorious side in a battle (with 90% certainty Esdese) will not kill the other one. It will, however, lead to Esdese being very conflicted between her feelings and her "duty".

o Esdese will be supplanted within the government (either by machinations of the Minister's son or by her failure to kill Tatsumi), go rogue and eventually switch sides. But that is far far away in the future.

A love flag between Akame and Tatsumi was just trigged in chapter 33.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 17:17   Link #1872
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

The cycle will end when either thee Prime Minister wins, in which case he'll kill everyone who disagrees, or the Revolutionary Army wins, in which case they establish a new regime. While I (to my own surprise) actually like the Tatsumi/Esdese pairing, it isn't as though either is the leader of their faction. Their romance, such as it is, might sway one or the other to their lovers side, but it won't change the war.
Old 2012-12-25, 17:37   Link #1873
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
The cycle will end when either thee Prime Minister wins, in which case he'll kill everyone who disagrees, or the Revolutionary Army wins, in which case they establish a new regime. While I (to my own surprise) actually like the Tatsumi/Esdese pairing, it isn't as though either is the leader of their faction. Their romance, such as it is, might sway one or the other to their lovers side, but it won't change the war.
I not like the pairing and you guys know this, but I agree with the other thing that you say.
Also if Tatsumi or better the author make him go for Esdese would make Tatsumi a big hypocrite at this point in the story(or better more than before) and I will lose respect in this author and this story if that happen.(this is my opinion of course).
Really at this point i think the chance are become even less than zero ...again this is my opinion.
Honestly at this point I really not care much about romance i just hope the author not do stupid move that make me hate this story.

Last edited by Soji; 2012-12-25 at 17:53.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 17:51   Link #1874
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

lol knew it, just didn't think it would be that nasty. Dropping this series, as much as I love heads and bodies being seperated, they could have killed anyone besides her but no, they don't.
Old 2012-12-25, 18:34   Link #1875
Excorsism

I'm particularly interested in how Wave is going to react to the head on the pike. That and his reaction when he learns of Kurome's drugged up state and when he learns that Bors is dead. Damn it author, stop holding back on us.
Old 2012-12-25, 18:49   Link #1876
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
You know, all you guys who are reacting with... "I hope Night Raid kills Seryuu/the latest offender painfully", you realize you're just getting a taste of your own prescribed medicine, and it tastes very bitter, right?

I mean, what was the cause of Seryuu going bonkers on Schere? Oh, that's right. Night Raid killed her beloved captain. And she reacted exactly as you guys would have wanted. Try and kill the offenders. Painfully. Last chapter, Chelsea killed Bohrs. This chapter, well...

I'm not going to debate the morality of the two sides. The empire is clearly corrupt, but with decent people serving under it. Night Raid are decent people in general, but their higher ups in the rebellion have so far been conspicuously absent.

The point is, even "bad guys"/the opposition have people they love. And they're responding to the loss of their loved ones the exact way you guys want Night Raid to respond. See where this leads?

So yea, say Night Raid do kill who you want them to kill, the way this manga's been going so far, the painful deaths of more "good guys" will immediately follow. Why are you guys even cheering for such a development? Do you want cat girl and loli twin tails to meet a grisly end?

Seriously. I appreciate some deaths in my manga as much as the next guy. It adds tension to the story, and makes the consequences of failure feel more real. But at this point in Akame Kiru, I'm ready for it to just stop. At least for little while.
I am going to admit that I was one of the members who wanted Seryuu to die painfully. The thing about Seryuu is the people who was dear to her, the mad doctor and Captain, were both seriously messed up characters who done big wrongs. Chelsea on the other hand, her crime was that she killed the opposition and seen his evil first hand. Comparing Seryuu and Chelsea personality, the one deserving of punishment, or in this case death is Seryuu. Seryuu claims she is doing Justice yet she killed innocent civilians under suspicions they were with Nightraid. Chelsea just killed the enemy, played harmless tricks here and there, and overall aside she is an assassin she was cheerful girl.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 18:53   Link #1877
kfcpanda

it's just seeing her lose all her limbs/the patheticness of her death & head on a pike that made things bad for me.

i mean, every single one of the enemys' deaths have been more dignified than this.
none o this beheading/display/systematic removal of limbs business
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 20:35   Link #1878
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I think if people don't want to see characters die, they should go and read bleach.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 20:54   Link #1879
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
it's just seeing her lose all her limbs/the patheticness of her death & head on a pike that made things bad for me.

i mean, every single one of the enemys' deaths have been more dignified than this.
none o this beheading/display/systematic removal of limbs business
Dignified? Either you forget that Akame decapitated the Doctor, or you're clearly playing favoritism here.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 20:59   Link #1880
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Dignified? Either you forget that Akame decapitated the Doctor, or you're clearly playing favoritism here.
I think people were more attach to Chelsea than the Mad Doctor, you really can't blame people for that. Mad Doctor who experimented on people, made puppets out of them, and then absorb the puppets as if they were just tools to be used. Compared that to the mischievous like school girl Chelsea, then yeah there are going to be favoritism considering the difference of personality and characters' actions before their deaths.

In short, people who done some evil choices compared to lovable characters, people will be more sadden towards the deaths lovable characters than those who did bad deeds.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!