AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-05-03, 17:52   Link #2381
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, I am gonna guess she will find out one day. Wonder what her reaction will be.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 12:33   Link #2382
ellifeedn
Thinker

Well I just have a few random things left that I want to post. If anyone has noticed, several of the short stories and novels are based around one of the several female characters in the story (hence why people have been describing Yuki-ccentric and Mikuru-ccentric seasons for the anime for some time). Now I read in a post or two somewhere that there ought to be a season centered around Itsuki and one for Kyon. I believe that there won't really be such seasons for several reasons.

1. It is unknown if the author plans for such short stories or novels to be centered on each of them.

2. Itsuki seems to be a behind the scenes sort of person and I think it would suit him more to be such.

3. Kyon is involved in everything, so there's no need for a whole season (or several episodes even) to be centered on him.

In my own opinion, I believe that some other characters might get their own season/episodes/short stories/novel. Those characters I think would be
Spoiler:
and heck I think even Tsuruya might get some of the spotlight on her (this doesn't mean I'm a Tsuruyaist or whatever it is people call themselves). I don't know why I'm thinking this, but I vaguely remember something about Haruhi saying Moe is important, or something.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 14:59   Link #2383
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well anycase I wonder if since we finally hit a major story plot if this could be the end of the novels? End it with something major...
Old 2007-05-06, 15:48   Link #2384
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Well anycase I wonder if since we finally hit a major story plot if this could be the end of the novels? End it with something major...

i think there are 2 novels minimum left- 10 to finish this conflict and #?? for haruhi and kyon to quit acting like theyre just freinds (and haruhi becomes a normal/stable person at same time)
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 15:51   Link #2385
TigerII
Pilot in Training

haruhi...normal...ahahaha. Maybe stable, not a normal person.
Old 2007-05-06, 23:07   Link #2386
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
haruhi...normal...ahahaha. Maybe stable, not a normal person.
true, normal would be hard for her to acheive
Old 2007-05-07, 06:10   Link #2387
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
true, normal would be hard for her to acheive
As if we ever want that to happen.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 20:21   Link #2388
ibreatheanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i think there are 2 novels minimum left- 10 to finish this conflict and #?? for haruhi and kyon to quit acting like theyre just freinds (and haruhi becomes a normal/stable person at same time)
why would we want haruhi to become a normal stable person??? I love her the way she is
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 22:17   Link #2389
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreatheanime View Post
why would we want haruhi to become a normal stable person??? I love her the way she is
over time less closed spaces occured, she's oppened to ppl more and slightly more normal than b4 she met present time kyon in north high. i still think she'll still be eccentric though
Old 2007-05-09, 19:52   Link #2390
ibreatheanime

I have to agree that here being a bit more stable, and not putting the world as we know it in danger daily is probally a good thing.

The entire series was eccentric of course and didn't really have a "happy ending" or much of an ending at all. I have heard rumors of season two coming in fall of 2007, but has this been confirmed?
Old 2007-05-09, 22:15   Link #2391
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
I have heard rumors of season two coming in fall of 2007, but has this been confirmed?
No, it isn't.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 16:33   Link #2392
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
No, it isn't.
But not all that unlikely We'll see as it gets closer to the rumored date.
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 22:40   Link #2393
ibreatheanime

Well, if they do decide to release a second season, do you think they will play the episodes in a mixed up order again? (I dont really think so...been there done that)
Old 2007-05-12, 22:52   Link #2394
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Well, if they do decide to release a second season, do you think they will play the episodes in a mixed up order again? (I dont really think so...been there done that)
but if they dont jumble it up then it would go like any other anime. the mixed order is unique to the series, why would they suddenly change it?
Old 2007-05-13, 16:50   Link #2395
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I think the mixed up order was only needed so that they could make the series end at the end of the first novel. Basically it was a way of stirring some short stories from later novels into the mix without the second half of the series being a disjointed set of short stories ending in anticlimax. The only reason to do another mixed up series would be if the mix of material demands it once again.
Apart from giving them a strong ending, the only benefit of the weird episode order was that it let us get to know the characters better before the story reached its climax. But in a second series we would already know the characters so no benefit in doing that anymore.

I think the real hallmark of Haruhi is not the ordering but the crazy girl / sardonic narrator chemistry.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 21:09   Link #2396
ibreatheanime

Without haruhi's behavior the series would be nothing out of the ordinary. However her confidence,and cruelness as she orders around the members of the S.O.S. Birgade is what makes the show so hillarous, not the ordering.

Samatarou, I see your point about making the order mixed up so they could end at the first novel. however I think they switched the order just to stand out, and get people talking...It worked
Old 2007-05-14, 02:40   Link #2397
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Without haruhi's behavior the series would be nothing out of the ordinary. However her confidence,and cruelness as she orders around the members of the S.O.S. Birgade is what makes the show so hillarous, not the ordering.
It's a mix. A lot of the humour comes from both the absurd situations Haruhi places the SOS Brigade in, as well as Kyon's reactions to them. (This works in many cases, even in Real Life; it's amazing how easily one can make other people laugh simply by pointing out the weird stuff that happens every day.)

Would it be "out of the ordinary"? Who knows. I like to believe that the reason it's so popular is because the series struck a chord with enough people in the right way, or at least right enough, for us to consider it worth being a fan of. As for why, well, you may as well ask why World of Warcraft is so popular; the answer will vary from person to person.

I know I've met one person who didn't want to watch the show because he believed that it was nothing more than a gimmick pretending to be philosophical, entirely because of the odd episode ordering. Basically, he thought it was trying to copy the film Memento. I explained to him that the episode ordering did not matter one bit to the overall story. Also, I pointed out a review somewhere which criticized the show for ending with a whimper, based on the chronological ordering. So the episode ordering both helps and harms the show's reputation.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 08:19   Link #2398
PastPrime

I have been pondering something. When Haruhi first brought Mikuru to the clubroom she recognized Yuki. It seems likely to me that, given how little information she was given, she was not briefed on Yuki or any of the other SOS Brigade members. And she did not have any special powers that would allow her to know that Yuki was a humanoid interface. That would leave two possibilities, which could both be correct. In Mikuru' time Yuki could be a famous historical figure that all school children would recognise, like Lincoln in the USA. Or she was an ancestor that Mikuru learned about.
Given that in Mikuru's time the internet connection is in the brain, that sounds like something that Yuki could have come up with. Everyone connected like the members of the two Entities, but, unlike them, still individuals. And I could see her, once there is no longer a need to observe Haruhi, leading a revolt of the Humanoid Interfaces who like being individuals and do not want to return to their respective entities. Probably with Haruhi's assistance.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 08:55   Link #2399
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I have been pondering something. When Haruhi first brought Mikuru to the clubroom she recognized Yuki. It seems likely to me that, given how little information she was given, she was not briefed on Yuki or any of the other SOS Brigade members. And she did not have any special powers that would allow her to know that Yuki was a humanoid interface. That would leave two possibilities, which could both be correct. In Mikuru' time Yuki could be a famous historical figure that all school children would recognise, like Lincoln in the USA. Or she was an ancestor that Mikuru learned about.
Given that in Mikuru's time the internet connection is in the brain, that sounds like something that Yuki could have come up with. Everyone connected like the members of the two Entities, but, unlike them, still individuals. And I could see her, once there is no longer a need to observe Haruhi, leading a revolt of the Humanoid Interfaces who like being individuals and do not want to return to their respective entities. Probably with Haruhi's assistance.
Or maybe, unseen to everyone else, she used the Internet in her brain to access Wikipedia, therefore dredging up all the info she would ever need on Yuki.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 09:47   Link #2400
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I have been pondering something. When Haruhi first brought Mikuru to the clubroom she recognized Yuki.
My assumption was that in the future the existence of such aliens was known about, and Mikuru therefore knew how to spot one, whereas in the present time people wouldn't be aware of their identifying characteristics, the existence of such entities being unknown. Yuki does behave rather oddly, but to a person who only expects to encounter humans, she would simply be taken for a rather weird human.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen