Originally Posted by TurquoiseThyme View Post
Spoiler for Ep 5:
Spoiler for 5:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 21:58   Link #882
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I didn't expect Takuto to fight one of the generals this early on nor for it to be that much of an anti-climax, but it was surprisingly amusing. First time the High School Hijinks and mecha battles have really gone well together I think.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 23:03   Link #883
Kagura89

Oh God this is the most funniest episode to date As expected from staff of Ouran.
Gonna love that perverted Midori-sensei. "Fanservice Mode" WTF lol
What a way to end that fight
Sarina reaction to "Hina" flying kiss to Takuto is the best:
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 23:25   Link #884
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler for 5:
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 00:37   Link #885
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 4, While pretty good, is probably my least favorite episode so far.
Old 2010-11-01, 04:22   Link #886
solomon

I always thought it was science teachers as opposed to nurses...........oh well.

Wait, you mean there's gonna be an acutal PLOT next episode??! HOLY PLOT DEVELOPMENT, BATMAN!!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 05:27   Link #887
Ichijo

That was atmospheric and fabulous. But to lose because she wanted to use the fanservice mode... I shared Takuto's expression.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 05:41   Link #888
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Wait, you mean there's gonna be an acutal PLOT next episode??! HOLY PLOT DEVELOPMENT, BATMAN!!
LOL, although I enjoy the series as is (crazy teachers included), I would like some plot too!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 05:43   Link #889
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That was hands down the best episode of the series, and the season. OTANOSHIMI MODE especially made that possible.

Old 2010-11-01, 05:59   Link #890
Kakkou
Tch.

^ HAHAHAHA, I love the disco ball that got added to the background, made it even more fab and sleazy XD.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 07:44   Link #891
faythz
I.G

it's hard to concentrate while watcing this episode
too much comedy & bishounen lolz

seems that mandragora potion made by Ivrogne??
still thinking about little plan that head mention to Ivrogne in episode 4
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 07:53   Link #892
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Everyone seems to love it but I was just waiting for it to end. It was just bad. I guess I am looking for a more serious series. To have a bad guy lose because of that...it was funny but...yeah.

I was going to say I'm dropping this, but that preview looked too good. It seems they are throwing in "filler" episodes to spread everything out a little.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:35   Link #893
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Geez, that was soooo wrong...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 11:21   Link #894
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

this is wrong to some level
Spoiler for Wrong realy?:

yayness for bishounen fan girls
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 16:01   Link #895
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmmm.....a thought just occurred to me while pondering Star Driver. Basically I believe it's possible that if there were no mecha fights in this show I would have pretty much no interest in watching it. I wonder if that's the case for some people and some of the other elements in the show like the school setting or the wacky fanservice antics of the Crux Brigade.

I hope to see the show challenge and disprove a hunch of mine in the coming episodes, and that hunch is that the current lack of information and definition of what the series and it's characters are all about (Let's face it, we have little to go on with these characters that can be called development or backstory besides the actions they have taken episode to episode) and where it might be going is a result of it being green-lit at the concept stage as a collection of popular elements and cross-market appeals and that there is no clear direction in the current set of scripts as of yet because that stage in the shows production hasn't quite been reached.

One things for sure, the further this show goes without giving it's characters a full back story and a chance to truly develop the more the mecha fights and pretty animation is going to become a fall back for me until I just stop watching week to week.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 18:22   Link #896
citrinitas668
aka Good Haro
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
a result of it being green-lit at the concept stage as a collection of popular elements and cross-market appeals and that there is no clear direction in the current set of scripts as of yet because that stage in the shows production hasn't quite been reached.
Yeah, how about no. Star Driver is anything but "a collection of popular elements and cross-market appeals." The show went into development when the president of Bones approached Enokido and Igarashi and asked them to make an original anime and basically gave them free license to do whatever they want. It's not a committee designed show like something from Sunrise (see: 00 and Code Geass). Enokido has personally written all of the episode scripts so far and is responsible for series continuity, I seriously doubt he has "no clear direction" about where he's going, when this show is pretty clearly his baby (just go read the World of Star Driver interview, he has a very clear vision).

I know you don't have the attention span to follow character development that doesn't immediately involve giant robots blowing each other up or intensely cheesy melodrama (how you got through enough of LoGH to make Reinhard your avatar is beyond me), but there actually has been both plot and character development already however small––small primarily because they've spent these first few episodes establishing the mechanics of the world–-and it's pretty clear that next week is going to be a plot/character development heavy episode.

But I know, you and many of the people in this thread just desperately want them to hand you every detail about everything in the first goddamn episode, because otherwise it might actually require that you think for more than a few seconds. Half of the fun of any show like this is speculating about those mysterious––I'm sorry, "underdeveloped" parts. If you wanna watch it just for the pretty robot fights, fine, more power to you, but don't complain about the fact that you don't know every detail of all the characters' backstories by episode 5.
citrinitas668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 18:53   Link #897
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I guess I am looking for a more serious series.
You're totally watching the wrong show then.
Old 2010-11-01, 19:11   Link #898
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I remember a while back someone posted about how the director said this wasn't meant to be a serious show?
I think he even said
Spoiler for future plot point?:
So yeah.

Anyway, I'm finding myself enjoying this show for it's visuals and comedy mostly, but I do have a feeling something bigger is still brewing. I do feel that I'm not getting the full experience due to not having watched Utena, as this show appears to be its spiritual successor of sorts?
Old 2010-11-01, 19:13   Link #899
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I do have a feeling something bigger is still brewing. I do feel that I'm not getting the full experience due to not having watched Utena, as this show appears to be its spiritual successor of sorts?
Totally. I'd recommend watching Utena now, just so you don't miss out on such an experience.
Old 2010-11-01, 19:24   Link #900
citrinitas668
aka Good Haro
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I remember a while back someone posted about how the director said this wasn't meant to be a serious show?
He never said anything of the sort. Both Igarashi and Enokido have, however, mentioned that developing a mechanism such that characters wouldn't die in the mecha fights was an important point (the reason being so that they could have both robot and school elements existing together without the robot element destroying the school life because classmates are dying every week). Just because characters don't die doesn't mean it's "not serious." In VA interviews several of the main cast, Miyano included, have actually described the show as "serious" at it's core, just with comedy as a seasoning.
citrinitas668 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen