AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 19:22   Link #1921
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Sucks that your father had to put on that defense...

Maybe she'll try a little harder to want to get some alone time with you...

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 20:12   Link #1922
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

Well it's true, he flipped out when he saw me writing this and not doing my homework, but the essays are rather tedious right now...

One would hope
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 21:31   Link #1923
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.

I'm your typical 'nice guy.' I'm always there for a girl, I'm nice, funny, intelligent, and I never push girls around like the other guys. Yet I am unsuccessful, have yet to experience a date, let alone a kiss. I really like this one girl who is super duper freaking mega cute, but, I'm friendzone'd by every female friend I have.

Not to mention I have a case of depression that is untreatable by medication, along with an anxiety disorder, so I'm pretty much always sad about my whole situation.

Baww.
Mr Bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 21:46   Link #1924
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bland View Post
I'm your typical 'nice guy.' I'm always there for a girl, I'm nice, funny, intelligent, and I never push girls around like the other guys. Yet I am unsuccessful, have yet to experience a date, let alone a kiss. I really like this one girl who is super duper freaking mega cute, but, I'm friendzone'd by every female friend I have.

Not to mention I have a case of depression that is untreatable by medication, along with an anxiety disorder, so I'm pretty much always sad about my whole situation.

Baww.
Lolz, most peeps are in the same suituation, so thats normal.

^ _ ^ Your only in high school, so dun worry so muchy.
Old 2009-10-17, 22:08   Link #1925
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Handwritten letters can be wonderful (I think Ledgem mentioned this option).
Kind of old-fashioned, but sounds like a good idea too. On the other hand, my handwriting is just a few degrees shy of qualifying me for a medical doctorate.

If I do try this though, I'd want to write it in French for her (since she's studying it, and it'll help as a measure agaisnt prying eyes), but....I've never learned French. So yeah. Help, anyone? Narona-chan?

Quote:
Before you put her in such a situation, even if by accident (though I don't understand why it would be better to keep housemates in the dark unless they are the kind that can intrude too much in personal life), maybe you should talk with her about whether she would be okay with housemates eventually finding out?
Oh, I've gone through this with her already. Basically, our relationship is new and thus isn't all that rock-steady yet, so she doesn't want to announce it until she's sure it is. Besides, she's sharing the apartment with several of her countrymen, at least three of whom are guys who treat her as the imouto-chan of the house, so....I can see where she's coming from when she says she doesn't want these guys to "turn their backs" on her. I dare say Vietnamese men still have something of a chauvinistic mindset.

So yeah, I admit I am a bit bugged, but not as much as I usually would be since we've talked this over. Time will tell how this goes from there.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 22:20   Link #1926
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

Quote:
Kind of old-fashioned, but sounds like a good idea too. On the other hand, my handwriting is just a few degrees shy of qualifying me for a medical doctorate.

If I do try this though, I'd want to write it in French for her (since she's studying it, and it'll help as a measure agaisnt prying eyes), but....I've never learned French. So yeah. Help, anyone? Narona-chan?
My ex girlfriend's handwriting was akin to that of a simultaneous doctor and serial killer, it is the most atrocious thing I've ever seen in my life. Yet when we were first together, about a couple of months in, she wrote me a letter in french, which I still have somewhere in my room, and it was one of the most beautiful things to me, whether or not she meant it is no objection, I just love that old fashioned sappy shit :P

I know un peu of french, and I'd be glad to help in any way I can
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 22:50   Link #1927
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I thought I would never need to post in this thread, but apparently a hard reality struck me.

Recently my parents met up with some distant relatives and invited them over. My sister, with her boyfriend, was the subject of smiles until one of them came into my room and asked a question : " Do you have a girlfriend?" Being the male who used his brains more than his mouth, I said, "Why the heck do I need one?"

Immediately they bombarded me with questions like, "Why do you not have one?", "Did you just break up?", "Why don't you go and find?", etc. I just replied in one liners until they went out and offered to matchmake me.

The last straw pissed me off and I went out and snapped, "Where are you going to get the girl from? The red light district? You old people with deteriorating braincells, wake up your bloody idea! Since when do girls nowadays look for a guy who earns less than 4k? You come my house then talk so much bullshit, why don't you use your eyes and look at how the f***ing world has changed in 20 f***king years? The average income of a local here is $5k per month and I am serving my national service, earning 10 times less and you still come here and make so much noise. Go back to your village!"

Often I get people who ask me to, "Go find a girlfriend" in which I can simply slam them back using, "Got lobang(hole/opportunities in Malay, figuratively), intro. No lobang, diam diam (keep your mouth shut)." Naturally people would keep the best for themselves and leave me alone, but this is just too much for me to take when they prod their long noses into a problem I place at ground zero priority and make it sound so important in front of my parents. Now everyone around me is worried that I might turn into a homosexual, hikkikomori or worse : NEET (never going to happen, I believe in working for my own expenditure). If there is a way to quickly find a stand-in which can be quickly dumped on a short notice, life would certainly be easier on those who know the real priorities in life.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 03:16   Link #1928
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I could.

Firstly, tell me the big lines of what you want to tell to her.

It might cause you some problems if I translate (using nice french words), for example, a text that makes her think that you want to marry her if you're not ready for that.

Words can leave a big impression if the lines have a deep meaning. So, I don't want to write something deep if it's not sincere on your side. It would only hurt her if she starts thinking that you became way more serious about your relationship.

Also, you can write a simple letter, or do some poetry Poetry using French can be nice.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 03:26   Link #1929
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bland View Post

Baww.
You aren't the kind of guy that gets them hot and bothered, with the butterflies in their stomach and all of that.

No, you're the kind of guy that they end up marrying later on in life, and then making a bunch of kids with.

So just be patient. When you're in your thirties, if you're reasonably attractive and not creepy, you'll be beating them off with a stick.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a lonely Christmas Cake myself. ^^;
Old 2009-10-18, 03:30   Link #1930
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Questionzu.

If people arn't as good looking, how do they get GF's?

Because I dun think there is a good looky machinezu (Plastic surgery dun county).

I just dun understand how they find love den. >.<

Makes love more gambling and not fair >.<
Old 2009-10-18, 03:38   Link #1931
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I could.

Firstly, tell me the big lines of what you want to tell to her.

It might cause you some problems if I translate (using nice french words), for example, a text that makes her think that you want to marry her if you're not ready for that.

Words can leave a big impression if the lines have a deep meaning. So, I don't want to write something deep if it's not sincere on your side. It would only hurt her if she starts thinking that you became way more serious about your relationship.

Also, you can write a simple letter, or do some poetry Poetry using French can be nice.
Wow, thanks....but I haven't actually started thinking of anything which I might want to say to her in a handwritten letter yet.

I'll drop you a PM when I've figured what kind of letter I would want to write to her.
Old 2009-10-18, 06:55   Link #1932
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought I would never need to post in this thread, but apparently a hard reality struck me.

Recently my parents met up with some distant relatives and invited them over. My sister, with her boyfriend, was the subject of smiles until one of them came into my room and asked a question : " Do you have a girlfriend?" Being the male who used his brains more than his mouth, I said, "Why the heck do I need one?"
Rather that sounds like you used your mouth more than your brain.
That response is sarcastic and downright cheeky, but then that fact you swore at them just left me jawdropped xD
- I'd need to have my funeral ready and me death papers set before i ever even consider swearing to my elders and beleive me, your little interogation is nothing compared to some of the family pressures a lot of ethnic minority kids face in the UK, when split between two cultures, chill down a little
Quote:
Immediately they bombarded me with questions like, "Why do you not have one?", "Did you just break up?", "Why don't you go and find?", etc. I just replied in one liners until they went out and offered to matchmake me.

The last straw pissed me off and I went out and snapped, "Where are you going to get the girl from? The red light district? You old people with deteriorating braincells, wake up your bloody idea! Since when do girls nowadays look for a guy who earns less than 4k? You come my house then talk so much bullshit, why don't you use your eyes and look at how the f***ing world has changed in 20 f***king years? The average income of a local here is $5k per month and I am serving my national service, earning 10 times less and you still come here and make so much noise. Go back to your village!"

Often I get people who ask me to, "Go find a girlfriend" in which I can simply slam them back using, "Got lobang(hole/opportunities in Malay, figuratively), intro. No lobang, diam diam (keep your mouth shut)." Naturally people would keep the best for themselves and leave me alone, but this is just too much for me to take when they prod their long noses into a problem I place at ground zero priority and make it sound so important in front of my parents. Now everyone around me is worried that I might turn into a homosexual, hikkikomori or worse : NEET (never going to happen, I believe in working for my own expenditure). If there is a way to quickly find a stand-in which can be quickly dumped on a short notice, life would certainly be easier on those who know the real priorities in life.
Okay, so you're in the dating thread when you have:
zero interest in dating,
being open to it
don't think you need one
or even consider it a 'priority', especially when you think that your current social status wouldn't qualify for a girl to look your way.

What would turn her off moreover is your attitude, swearing isn't pleasant.
No matter how much you're tired of hearing this (take it from someone who's been dealing with that for a long while), they only prod outta concern.
Keeping answers brief (not one liners, per se) and repetitive works better than snapping back in anger or sarcasm, which then puts them on the wrong thinking path that you'll turn out as 'such and such.'

Q. Have a gf?
A. No
Q. Why not?
A. (take your pick)
'I'm focusing more on studies, my career.'
'When the right girl comes, she'll come'
'I'm waiting for God to present the correct moment' (this actually works well, lol)
(insert random 'default reason)
- Not is not the right time for me and I'll find my special lady in my own time.
Don't worry about me.

Whatever you pick, it usually fends them off better, lol.
Companionship with the right partner is a wonderful thing, and humans aren't typically meant to be alone for life.
You're only 20, only just left the hell that is teenagehood, don't be so bitter and resent it so early.
So if they hassle you, it's outta concern, even if it reeeeally doesn't feel like it. Moreover, your attitude probably worries them more, thinking that a girl would be good for you, so maybe you should calmly observe how you carry yourself as a young man?

Just something to think about, but if dating/relationships aren't for ya, then this thread isn't really gonna help much, huh?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 07:08   Link #1933
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Wow, thanks....but I haven't actually started thinking of anything which I might want to say to her in a handwritten letter yet.

I'll drop you a PM when I've figured what kind of letter I would want to write to her.
Okay. It would have been better if you could understand french a bit though. Cos I want to be sure that what I will write or translate is ok for you I don't want to create any problems to you and your GF if I do a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
Questionzu.

If people arn't as good looking, how do they get GF's?

Because I dun think there is a good looky machinezu (Plastic surgery dun county).

I just dun understand how they find love den. >.<

Makes love more gambling and not fair >.<
They don't.

Spoiler for .:
Old 2009-10-18, 07:11   Link #1934
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

I'm sorry your family is pressuring you like that. Kind of like the opposite I always experienced with my family. They didn't want me or my siblings being in relationships till 25 or so. Eventually, my parents had to change their minds because it was not possible to stop 5 kids from getting into relationships.

Now, on the part of girls not wanting you due to your income, that really depends on the girl and maybe even culture. At least in my case, my first bf had no job or studies, 2nd was a musician who had ran away from home, had no job, and was going to drop out from Uni because of his low grades; and the guy I married and eventually divorced had a job, but was a school dropout. We never had a car or a house of our own, but that didn't matter to me. Our reasons for things not working out had nothing to do with how much he earned or anything like that. Of course, I don't know how the stereotype girl behaves in your homeland.

Edit: On another note, I agree with Mystique. Swearing isn't pleasant and verbal attacks aren't good for solving matters.

Frank Parsons

Last edited by Shiemi; 2009-10-18 at 07:23.
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 07:24   Link #1935
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I say don't mind those kind of people who are just pressuring you to get a girlfriend or a boyfriend. Well maybe they do care for you but then again at some point it could get annoying. There was this particular high school friend of mine who kept saying I should get a boyfriend or that I should pick 1 out of my admirers

As of now I know I'm not ready to be committed in a relationship and I wanna enjoy being single with no strings attached. I guess everyone views relationships differently though. I actually use some of Mystique's quotes when asked why I don't have a boyfriend but not as a excuse or a line to get myself out of the question. I really do mean it

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 07:28   Link #1936
Ascaloth

Quote:
Okay. It would have been better if you could understand french a bit though. Cos I want to be sure that what I will write or translate is ok for you I don't want to create any problems to you and your GF if I do a mistake.
That's cool, really. Hell, you might even help to tutor me in some basic French while you're at it, so it's a good thing either way.

Quote:
Now, on the part of girls not wanting you due to your income, that really depends on the girl and maybe even culture. At least in my case, my first bf had no job or studies, 2nd was a musician who had ran away from home, had no job, and was going to drop out from Uni because of his low grades; and the guy I married and eventually divorced had a job, but was a school dropout. We never had a car or a house of our own, but that didn't matter to me. Our reasons for things not working out had nothing to do with how much he earned or anything like that. Of course, I don't know how the stereotype girl behaves in your homeland.
If SaintessHeart is from Singapore as I think he is, then as his fellow countryman, I can corroborate; the girls we have here are generally a product of the materialistic society our [sarcasm]efficient government[/sarcasm] have created here. Putting aside the possible exceptions which can be found in any such assertions, I'm inclined to agree with SaintessHeart's description of the local girls. Hell, I tend to think it's not a coincidence that my first relationship (the current one I'm having now) is with a girl who's not even from this country. And times being what they are, I'm under no illusions about what achievements I'm going to need to attain if I ever get the idea that I want to keep even this relationship for the long term.
Old 2009-10-18, 07:44   Link #1937
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
That's cool, really. Hell, you might even help to tutor me in some basic French while you're at it, so it's a good thing either way.
Well, in your case, what you really need are only two words:

"Je t'aime"

If you can say that, even if it's just that, your GF will, i think, be happy

Quote:
If SaintessHeart is from Singapore as I think he is, then as his fellow countryman, I can corroborate; the girls we have here are generally a product of the materialistic society our [sarcasm]efficient government[/sarcasm] have created here. Putting aside the possible exceptions which can be found in any such assertions, I'm inclined to agree with SaintessHeart's description of the local girls. Hell, I tend to think it's not a coincidence that my first relationship (the current one I'm having now) is with a girl who's not even from this country. And times being what they are, I'm under no illusions about what achievements I'm going to need to attain if I ever get the idea that I want to keep even this relationship for the long term.
The more I see people writing about singapore girls, the more it scares me (I don't say that as an insult towards your country, I just have some difficulties to understand the mentality)

Are they really all like that?. I mean all.
Old 2009-10-18, 07:52   Link #1938
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:

So culture was a good suspicion indeed. It's sad though that the girls there would be like that, especially when they cannot possibly know how the guy will be in some near future.

My 2nd bf/ex bf dumped me precisely because of his situation that time. He said he had nothing to offer me and he wanted me to have a good life. After I got divorced he friended me in FB to know how I had been. We got into friendly terms and he came by my house and told me that he was also divorced, earning a lot, he had a car, a house of his own that he bought with his hard earned money, etc. I am really happy for him and told him so, but after he finished his offer and told me how much he had missed me and looked for me after he 'had something to offer', I had to drop the news that I already have a bf I am really happy with.

It was really awkward, but the point is that even if in the past that guy was broke, he is doing really great now. It's bad to judge when one doesn't know what the future holds, but I guess many girls/women don't share the same mentality and simply judge from what they see in the beginning.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 08:12   Link #1939
Ascaloth

Quote:
Well, in your case, what you really need are only two words:

"Je t'aime"

If you can say that, even if it's just that, your GF will, i think, be happy
I did say that to her before. Didn't turn out perfectly, she ended up correcting me on my pronounciation.

That said, I'm afraid she's probably not entirely convinced whenever I say anything of the sort to her. It's most probably because our relationship is still young, so she's not 100% convinced of my sincerity (can't really blame her, considering how fast I've been moving with my initial approach and the relationship itself in question ), but eh.

I still say that to her regularly though, and maybe she'll be completely convinced one day.

Quote:
The more I see people writing about singapore girls, the more it scares me (I don't say that as an insult towards your country, I just have some difficulties to understand the mentality)

Are they really all like that?. I mean all.
Well, as any reasonable person would say, of course it's not all of them. There are some girls with good characters out there, and I'd dare say much the same can be said of the girls in any other culture. But that said, it does seem at least to me that the majority of girls here are vain, shallow, materialistic, or any combination of the three, and the few of them who actually have some substance to their characters.....let's just say it's a high-demand low-supply situation.

So no offense taken, Narona. There are times when I think my countrymen deserve the barbs aimed their way.

Quote:
So culture was a good suspicion indeed. It's sad though that the girls there would be like that, especially when they cannot possibly know how the guy will be in some near future.
To be perfectly honest, I don't think of it as a completely bad thing when the ladies consider a man's financial situation as an important factor. Considering the society and the times we live in, I can totally see where they're coming from; in a land like this where the cost of living is already exorbitant and rising every day, it's quite reasonable that no girl would or should settle for a deadbeat who can't pull his weight in a family (be it earning the bread or being the househusband). No offense intended, Shiemi.

So no, I have no qualms about girls being a little materialistic since it's a matter of ensuring a decent standard of living for the future; but when a lot of the things one hears from the mouths of the girls around him tend to revolve around shopping, fashions, brands, spending money, having fun, marrying rich guys and pretty much little else, it's hard not to develop a rather low opinion of the local girls where their calibre is concerned.
Old 2009-10-18, 08:37   Link #1940
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I did say that to her before. Didn't turn out perfectly, she ended up correcting me on my pronounciation.

That said, I'm afraid she's probably not entirely convinced whenever I say anything of the sort to her. It's most probably because our relationship is still young, so she's not 100% convinced of my sincerity (can't really blame her, considering how fast I've been moving with my initial approach and the relationship itself in question ), but eh.

I still say that to her regularly though, and maybe she'll be completely convinced one day.
Well, I guess you could convince her by using another kind of sentence, but if you ever do it, I hope you'll take the responsibility of such words.

Something like "Tu es la personne la plus importante à mes yeux. La personne avec qui je veux faire ma vie. Celle que je veux voir chaque matin quand j'ouvre les yeux. Celle dont je veux prendre soin, aimer et chérir dans les moments de joie, comme dans les moments de tristesse jusqu'à ce que la mort nous sépare."

I guess it would work, but such statement of deep love can only lead to commitment. So only use such words when you'll see her as your Fiançée.

Quote:
Well, as any reasonable person would say, of course it's not all of them. There are some girls with good characters out there, and I'd dare say much the same can be said of the girls in any other culture. But that said, it does seem at least to me that the majority of girls here are vain, shallow, materialistic, or any combination of the three, and the few of them who actually have some substance to their characters.....let's just say it's a high-demand low-supply situation.

So no offense taken, Narona. There are times when I think my countrymen deserve the barbs aimed their way.
I see. But anyways, other cultures have their own problems, I guess ^^

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom