Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Wow that really REALLY sucks.
Old 2009-03-29, 19:16   Link #1962
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I can imagine it happening, "Wow what a nice day for a business trip!"

BOOM!

"W-w-what happened?!" "Don't worry sir, you're safe here, you were a victim of a bombing!"

BOOM!

Its amazing that he didn't get second hand radiation.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2009-03-29, 19:34   Link #1963
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post

Its amazing that he didn't get second hand radiation.
Actually i think he did.
But it'd still be pretty badass to be able to say "I got nuked twice and am still standing."
Old 2009-03-29, 22:09   Link #1964
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
http://news.aol.com/article/japan-at...vivor%2F395993

And lived to be 93! I can imagine his reaction to the 2nd one "oh not again.."
Yamaguchi-san may not be the only one to have sufferred two atomic bombings in a week's time, there may be other survivors who shared the same fate. However, he is definitely the first person to be qualified as a double hibakusha. Unfortunately, he will not be receiving two packages of the compensation benefits. For that matter, I doubt any other survivor would come forth to be recognized with a double hibakusha status, since it doesn't benefit them in any way, not mentioning that it brings back unpleasant memories. Besides, the majority of the surviving double hibakusha age group should be at least in their senior years. Most younger survivors at that time didn't manage to live longer due to the suffering of the after-effects of exposure to radiation.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:37   Link #1965
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Seriously. THAT SUCKED. "He went back just in time for the second bombing" LOL.

If NK drops a nuke on Japan and he survives, he would have had it 3 times in his life. Roy Sullivian (the US Park Ranger who got 7 "Divine Punishments from Thor") must have had envied him.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-30, 01:27   Link #1966
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The North Korean nuke probably wouldn't happen in his lifetime.
Old 2009-03-30, 01:33   Link #1967
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if his presence made real estate prices go down? "Ow, damn, if someone ever nukes Japan again, it's definitely going to be where he lives"...
Old 2009-03-30, 02:24   Link #1968
Shadow Kira01

Japan OKs deployment of missile defense system

Quote:
Russia said clearly for the first time Friday that it is urging North Korea not to conduct the launch.

"Everybody has the right to the peaceful use of space, and North Korea also has this right," Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexei Borodavkin told reporters in Moscow. "But the atmosphere on the Korean Peninsula is such that the launch of a rocket would be an additional factor of instability, increasing tension."
With Russia not supportive of North Korea, the operation to intercept the North Korean missile launch should be a success. Besides, the chances of it actually hitting Akita and Iwate prefecture is extremely low. Everything seems to be alright!
Old 2009-03-30, 02:38   Link #1969
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The odds of hitting the rocket (missile???) are statistically poor... Anti-missile defense does not go as well as some might portray. The odds of it simply falling apart or the NK team having to self-destruct it because it goes awry are pretty high.

Debris field downrange has always been the biggest issue....
Old 2009-03-30, 06:35   Link #1970
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

Yeah i heard about it from Jay Leno. Funny joke from Jay talking about it too.
Old 2009-03-30, 13:08   Link #1971
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The odds of hitting the rocket (missile???) are statistically poor... Anti-missile defense does not go as well as some might portray. The odds of it simply falling apart or the NK team having to self-destruct it because it goes awry are pretty high.

Debris field downrange has always been the biggest issue....
You beat me to that point. Damn. But one thing is that they also have Patriots in place just in case of a near miss case.

The Aegis missile system has only shot down one US Satellite to date, and most of the other stuff it shot down was test missiles. Once they pressed the button, the only thing we can do is cross our fingers and pray.

If the North Koreans self-destruct it in the upper atmosphere, it would become something like an MIRV, except that there is no payload, just sheer power of metal pieces falling from the sky.

If the Aegis fails to shoot it down, North Korea is going to get a little more arrogant.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-30, 14:35   Link #1972
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/pimp-pa...uggets-2598680

An Australian man who pimped a 16-year-old schoolgirl paid her with chicken nuggets for having sex with men, a court has been told.

Judge Irwin sentenced Gander to two and a half years' jail, to be suspended after nine months, for the latest offence.
Just 2 and half year is that the best the judge can do?

I think American Justice system are sometimes too harsh but on the other hand i think the rest of the world are way to easy on Criminals.

Trash like this should be sentence to 25 to life with a emphasis on life.
Old 2009-03-30, 15:31   Link #1973
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

I think American Justice system are sometimes too harsh but on the other hand i think the rest of the world are way to easy on Criminals.

Just cut off his ball...

But what about his girlfriend? Why can't she be named?
Old 2009-03-30, 16:08   Link #1974
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Because she's 16, too, I guess. Still a minor.
Old 2009-03-30, 17:28   Link #1975
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:

You assume that she's a minor, but for most part of the country this happened, she isn't. She can legally have sex, so perhaps that was a factor in his sentence, before you go off on one again.
That and he wasn't acting alone, meaning that his girlfriend was probably the one doing most of the coercion/pressuring on the girl.
Maybe I should feel more outraged, but to be honest, it's a far sad state outside of Western countries in regards to teenage prostitution, that at least this guy got caught, sentenced and exposed for what he is.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2009-03-30, 18:30   Link #1976
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Age-of-consent does NOT equal age-of-adulthood in most countries... so someone being a "minor" does not mean they can't have sex or get married for that matter.
Just that in some places, they can't watch themselves or take pictures of themselves... or that most of the rules are flipping idiotic, contradictory, and have nothing to do with actual cognitive abilities or biology.

(yes, it might be stupid to spread personal rights out over 10 or more years... thank our wobbly politicians across the planet)

Coerced prostitution and being paid with chicken nuggets are both outrageous no matter what age the woman. His girlfriend... I'm feeling even more annoyed with though.
Old 2009-03-30, 18:38   Link #1977
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
You assume that she's a minor, but for most part of the country this happened, she isn't. She can legally have sex, so perhaps that was a factor in his sentence, before you go off on one again.
That and he wasn't acting alone, meaning that his girlfriend was probably the one doing most of the coercion/pressuring on the girl.
Maybe I should feel more outraged, but to be honest, it's a far sad state outside of Western countries in regards to teenage prostitution, that at least this guy got caught, sentenced and exposed for what he is.

even if 16 is age of consent in Aussie land, 16 is still consider a minor. Prostitution of a minor should result in significant jail time. 2 1/2yr is a slap on the risk to these type of people.
Old 2009-03-30, 18:46   Link #1978
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

Quote:

I don't see why the girlfriend isn't prosecuted as well. The guy does deserve more than two years in jail, but shouldn't the girlfriend deserve a sentence as well as a participant? That or did the girlfriend really have no idea what was going on? Am I a bad person for just reading your quote and laughing at the chicken nugget part?

The 1337 hackers over in China did it again. Governments around the world found that their computers have been hacked. China now claims they didn't do it. I don't buy it but how about you? http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7970471.stm
Old 2009-03-30, 19:31   Link #1979
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
I don't see why the girlfriend isn't prosecuted as well. The guy does deserve more than two years in jail, but shouldn't the girlfriend deserve a sentence as well as a participant? That or did the girlfriend really have no idea what was going on? Am I a bad person for just reading your quote and laughing at the chicken nugget part?

The 1337 hackers over in China did it again. Governments around the world found that their computers have been hacked. China now claims they didn't do it. I don't buy it but how about you? http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7970471.stm
Well if it is any consolation I laughed at the chicken nugget part, yeah both of us are a-hole for doing so .
If the girl consent to it then I suppose she should get punished as well, but unless he kinda influenced her to do so then maybe not. But the story is quite messed up.

And only China thing, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese government was invovled.
Old 2009-03-30, 19:38   Link #1980
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post

And only China thing, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese government was invovled.
i am chinese and i would be surprise if the chinese govt wasn't involve.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international